A Lagann is uncovered somewhere in the 41st millennium

A Lagann is uncovered somewhere in the 41st millennium.

Who or what would make the most likely pilot? What manner of other vehicles and ships would it merge upon itself? How would the destiny of the galaxy be changed by this?

Hard mode: Orks aren't involved.

Bonus question: Same but in 31st millennium, during the Great Crusade.

Guilliman leads the galaxy straight into Warp Nemesis.

>Who or what would make the most likely pilot?

Someone with a mission. Someone with enough determination to to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals, no matter how crazy others may think it. Someone with the will to unite his people under him and to crush those that would resist, never once giving into temptation even as he enacted his divine will.

Aren't Meks+WAAAGH basically how a Lagann works?

Sorta, the same way an Eldar warlock is basically how the Emperor works.

Alright, new statement: Isn't The Beast basically an Ork Lagann?

No one, mars would take it and study it, only to end up never really doing anything with it.

The most unlikely pilot.

this

Horus, who, rather than being a PUSSY, gets clocked in the face by one of his brothers and mans up. Then Horus and Emps, along with the other supporting characters, ride a giant Black Fortress robot into the warp and punch the 4 Chaos Gods megazord apart.

Sanguinius is the one to punch him, but subsequently gets killed.

Yes excellent.

Lagann can only be piloted by a pure of heart child who wants to better itself and the world around it.

I.e. there is no way it would ever start up or be usable in the 40k world.

>there is no way it would ever start up or be usable in the 40k world.

No, that is how you get a bunch of young loli sororitas piloting giant mechs.

Doomrider would make it entertaining, I bet.

Macha.

Sanguinius. 30k.

Vulkan too.

That is bullshit though

>Young adept deep in Mars being trained to eventually take over control of the aero circulator dominatus unit
>But has dreams of becoming a prince of a Titan and crusading across the stars he only heard of in stories to liberate mankind for the omnisisiah
>Is digging out a path for a new vent lone when he stumbles on lagann

Lordgenome is piloting a Lagann when he fights Simon.

Yeah, but he was a sweet kid once.

Because he was just like Simon the first time around before turning on his friends.

>Not knowing how super robots work.
>Not reading the additional materials released afterwards.

Corax has the "Opressed by those physically above" going on, so he could fit.

>yfw it's Lorgar

Assuming his arc would roughly be similar to the show, this means Lorgar puts his faith in Himself instead of the Emperor/Chaos.

With Lagann turning that willpower into actual power combined with his personality Lorgar would be insanely strong.

Space Marines won't have Spiral power as their creation process has rendered them sterile. The Eldar, due to their stagnation and long lifespan combined with poor fertility, probably also have very little. Necrons are right out. The Tau or one of the other little races could manage, and they're not outright paranoid of new things either, but they have so little galactic presence that odds of them finding this thing are slim.

Of what's left Sisters of Battle might well make for the most appropriate pilots, with their fierce determinations and vast repository of faith to channel upon themselves rather than the Emperor. Any Mechanicus could also manage, provided they undergo a similar arc to let them draw power of their own forms rather than the machine.

In 30k, put it pretty well: Lorgar would almost certainly make for the most appropriate pilot.

Cato Sicarius, jobs Mac daddy and Bobby g, takes his rightful place as leader of smurfs on crusade across the stars roflstomping everything in their path. Then hands keys off to Armless.

Did you actually watch the whole thing.

But what's Gurren? A Leman Russ tank or what?

Parallel Works 19, I think

>For what is the oldest machine of all but the body? What is the oldest machine spirit but the soul?
Mechanicus Lagann could be freaking awesome.

>Lagann jumps into a Dreadnaught that jumps into a Knight that jumps into a Titan that jumps into a Battleship.

This could work...

Perturabo finding it would make it pretty interesting too, especially taking into account his earlier dreams of peace & utopia

The mark of a true Spiral Knight is having unshakeable hope and belief in yourself in the most hopeless and oppressive of circumstances.

This knocks ALL Imperial characters out of the running, as pretty much all their faith goes to the Emperor, they don't believe themselves capable of anything without his guiding hand. They also don't really have any hope or optimism, in fact they're actively warned against both. Necrons are also knocked out as machines can't generate Spiral Energy without a living being piloting them. Dark Eldar are 100% out, they have a species-wide self esteem issue that they vent on everyone else. Tyranids are obviously out, and Orks have nothing really to strive for beyond fighting, which is required for a true Spiral Knight. Chaos is full of people with little willpower who take the easy route even if they know it will damn them.

Literally the only canon character I can think of with the hope and optimism required to get the most out of a Lagann is pic related. Believes fervently that the Eldar can save themselves and is determined to prove it. She's got the drive, she believes in herself and her mates, and she's shown she can maintain that drive even knowing how awful the future looks and being constantly bombarded by the depressing grind of species' encroaching doom. She's a textbook example of hope and determination amidst despairing circumstances.

It's either her or some rando kid on some Hive World.

>Literally the only canon character I can think of with the hope and optimism required to get the most out of a Lagann is pic related
As said before, this can be applied to all of the "dreamy" primarchs in their youth, so I'd apply this to at least Lorgar, Sanguinius and Perturabo

Alright then, that settles it. You can either be an obscure Eldar character or one of the more inspired Primarchs if you want to use the damn thing.

Iyanna would make a pretty strong candidate given how much Iyanden and eldar in general get shat on.

Not sure how Lorgar would work given that he seems to be a person who obsessively seeks out a higher power to worship (ie Big E, Chaos). I feel like he would struggle to put his faith in his own might rather than another.

>Chaos is full of people with little willpower who take the easy route even if they know it will damn them.
True, but all Chaos Lords and notable Chaos Champions are people with absolutely insane willpower, which is constantly stressed. To simply survive heavy influence for so long, without losing your body, mind or soul, is an incredible feat. Abaddon, memes aside, is constantly lauded as having absolutely insane willpower, top-tier in the setting,
So yea, Abaddon would be a kick-ass Lagann pilot.

A knight or a titan princep.

You can't pilot without arms user

Abaddon is canonically full of crippling fear and self-doubt. He's constantly lying to himself about how in control he is and how he'll totes manage to hold the galaxy together and keep the gods placated once he wins. Deep down he knows it's all bullshit but he's too far gone to turn back.

He'd be an awful pilot.

Lagann can be piloted by whoever has the will to do so. It's a machine that literally runs on pure fighting spirit.

And yet, in spite of all that, he moves forward.
>he doesn't have a choice
All the better. That means his will is so strong, he is able to resist the greatest temptations of the warp while doing it half-heartedly. The difference between a lot of anime autists (and i say this as someone who loves anime and Gurren Laggan) and someone like Abaddon is that a man who has lost all hope and joy yet still moves forward against impossible odds will ALWAYS come out on top against a half-retarded muh conviction manchild. Think Guts on super steroids. That's what Abaddon is.

Not exactly. Lagann is powered by spiral energy. While the two overlap, Spiral energy involves an inate desire to press forward, as well as determination and belief in your own power.

That's a more roundabout way of saying the same thing.

>It's time for you to go, Roboute, I will stay behind
>no, father, you will always be with me
>yeah
And then chaos fucking died

Also Emperor would be a great pilot. Guy has so much fighting spirit he might as well be a shonen protagonist.
>belives in humanity that belives in him
>does everything he can to protect humanity from chaos
>resists chaos for 10k years while sitting on a torture chair and preventing the end of humankind

>The mark of a true Spiral Knight is having unshakeable hope and belief in yourself in the most hopeless and oppressive of circumstances.
>Dark Eldar are 100% out, they have a species-wide self esteem issue that they vent on everyone else.
While I'm not a huge fan of the new Deldar lore post-omniscient-narrator, you're very much misinterpreting it.

The Craftworlders wear soulstones as a saftey precaution against getting eaten by Slaanesh when they die, but young Deldar have only the hope that one day they will be successful enough to strike a deal with a Heamonculus protecting them from the enemy, and they keep doing it. They're like impoverished libertarians but with souls instead of money: the definition of self-confidence to the point of insanity against all reason.

>The overwhelming majority of people who live the lifestyle of the Dark Eldar die without the protection of a Heamonculus, and have their souls devoured by either Slaanesh, or their brethren
>Fuck those weak-ass bitches, I'm one of the 1% who's going to succeed

The rogue trader who finds it.

>What manner of other
Whatever the rogue trader finds

>How... DESTINY. HEY!
ROGUE.
TRADER.

Put a advisor AI in Lagann that will be a Lorgar's companion teaching him about history and other things. And make a "growing up" arc for Lorgar where he slowly goes from someone obsessed with higher power to a man who has a vision of the future that he wants to share with everyone. Kill AI of course.

Though he will be one of darker spiral knights due to his genocidal-xenocidal tendencies.

I'd rather drop one of these into WHFB if we can't have Orks.

I kind of want to see Caiaphas Cain give it a go. He lacks the self confidence, but hey, so did Simon. Lets see what happens.

His dick will be the dick to pierce the hymens. As if the Imperium isn't already littered with Cain's bastard children.

imokwiththis.jpg

What? Lorgars character is the absolute opposite of what is required of a pilot.

The basis of his character is he needed a greater power to submit to, it was his defining trait and it led to his downfall/winning condition in 40k.

I'd venture to say as far as the Primarchs go Corax or the Khan would make for the best pilots, independent and driven with strong faith in themselves yet carrying a strong sense of camaraderie within their legions. Heck even their back stories line up well.

As far as best pilot, barring emps it would be Sigismund of the Imperial fists, being arguably the greatest duelist of the Golden age, relatively better than even the primarchs who only had a handful of decent bouts.

That iron will instilled in all imperial fists, known for their burning hot tenacity unlike the cold endurance of the death guard or the methodical trudge of the iron warriors.

Despite holding the highest rank in his legion short of the Primarch, he disobeyed direct orders changing his fate and falling far from grace to carve his own destiny out in the siege of terra where he murderfucked chaos champions all day.

And post heresy he was given command of the Black Templars who he transformed into Zeal incarnate.

The guy had balls of steel even the two biggest murderfuckers in the HH Kharn the berserker and Sevatar the Jedi respected him.

I got a Rogue Trader or a radical Inquisitor.

I'm liking the Rogue Trader much more, but I don't think they'd "win".

One of the tenets of the show is that self confidence is instilled in the protagonist, so there isn't a problem having a character that has complete faith in Kamina (Big E, Chaos, etc) only to realise that that is a flawed faith.

Give me Vulkan and I'll show you how we can pierce the heavens.

>Imperial citizens aren't hopeful or optimistic
That's not true at all.

We'd still have to pick a post confidence boost character though as notable characters in 40k range from 30-50k years old with little room for major character development left. Simon was less than an empty glass at the start of the series.

Also Vulkans mortality or lack thereof kind of rules him out.

They're deluded. That's not the same thing.

Piloting a Lagann will teach them how to separate the two.

There is an inate requirement of progress in spiral power.

Why does it matter that their hope and optimism is based on misinformation? They still believe they're in a /hfy/ setting and have faith in the Emperor's will to protect them, and their ability to serve the Emperor.

But that's the thing - they would have to channel all that faith not to the Emperor, or the Imperium, but all of it to themselves.

That alone makes the machine inherently unusable and heretical, in spite of its power.

>Necrons claiming to be all cold and emotionless but suddenly gaining a loud boisterous hot-blooded personality as the final battle drags on

Virtually every named character named in either time is a well-developed badass already.

I mean I guess we used to have Pius, but...

Yeah

Fighting Spirit is just a more specific desire to progress

What's Spiral power's connection to the Warp?

Because Simon never had any crippling fears or doubt.

How could he pilot it as an adult if only children can use it?

He remained a child at heart.

In a way, isn't Spiral power - the power of change and one's will - basically warp energies?

I mean I love GL, but in a way, Spiral Power seems to already exist.

The best way I could figure is that if someone like Simon and Kamina came along, the sheer strength of their willpower and what they could inspire humanity might be able to do something even more unthinkable than kick the asses of everything in Warhammer 40k: restore the Warp to the humble Realm of Souls and return balance to the collective unconsciousness in the Galaxy.

Now the question here is: would this kill the chaos gods? Or basically be like forcing a shit load of chill pills down their throats and watch them proceed to mellow out to better represent their positive aspects as well as their negative ones?

But, I'm not that steeped in 40k lore, so I might be all wrong.

>in a way, Spiral Power seems to already exist.
It does, but at least as far as I know there's no such a powerful machine in 40k, that would allow you to channel Warp energies into doing whatever the hell you wanted.

Probably some archaeotech bullshit hidden somewhere.

Lordgenome sure as hell didn't

In 40k, it's never crippling.

So literally Emperor?

But Orks are the best answer.

That's what makes it hard mode.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Creed is a prime candidate for Kamina.

>Lagann can only be piloted by a pure of heart child who wants to better itself and the world around it.
[Citation needed]

I think the obvious question is why spiral energy hasn't won everything ever for the imperium.

>Lagann can only be piloted by a pure of heart child who wants to better itself and the world around it.
That's bullshit. Are you sure you're not overthinking your gurren lagann-gunbuster correlation headcanon?

Ciaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM as both Simon and Kamina.

Ciaphas Cain as Kamina. Jurgen as Simon.

Well in WH40k universe you could say it is the same as warp or better say it is a way to access the warp. A small and dormant force forever tumbling through realms of the Four who are forever scared of the day it will wake up. Because then there will be nothing that could stop it.

The Spiral Knight is not a psyker or a blank, it is a being who drinks power directly from the warp without any regard to where it comes from. He is a self-sustaining fusion reaction that pulls more a more material in to feed itself. Like a shining black hole. No matter what you throw at him he will just consume it and grow becoming stronger. Unlike normal psykers he can't be directly infected by Chaos because anything he takes is processed and transformed into his own power.

That's why Imperium is locked in stagnation - to prevent someone from waking up and taking this power.

Are imperial knights failed dark age prototypes that try to tap into spiral power?

Underrated reply

Until they realized what they were fucking with.

Lordgenome piloted his mech gainaxposing entire time

>he doesn't know how Lordgenome piloted Lazengann with his arms crossed in the appropriate pose
Sorry for small image size, couldn't find anything bigger.

Not him but it doesn't sound all that far-fetched.
After all, only kids ever found a lagann. What's more, lagann is shown to be kid-sized and not big enough for an adult to fit into it and pilot it comfortably.

Simon does just fine piloting Lagann as an adult, user.

And Lazegann is also big enough for Lordagemon.

It's because the head-Lagann transforms after the GATTAI! with a bigger robot.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Both Lordgenome and adult Simon fit in with plenty of room to spare. Occasionally Lagann looks tiny, but I think that's just anime art style being wonky.

What if we hook up the Golden Throne to a Lagann?

Nothing, probably.

It may sound a bit weird, but the Emperor has very little true self-confidence in him. What he's full of isn't confidence, but arrogance.

Based on what we've seen in the show, I'd hazard a guess that him trying to pilot a Lagann would just blow it up, like giving someone a tenfold lethal injection of some horrible poison.