Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra TTG

Pitch to me your adventure, campaign, or encounter ideas in 5 sentences or less!

They could prove very useful for the game I've been working on.

Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing:

>In preparation of seizing absolute power, a would be king goes deep into the spirit world to make unholy pacts with malevolent entities. This greatly empowers him and enables him to display terrifying powers never before seen by the world.

>a rogue Earth Kingdom province uses cutting-edge technology to succeed from the Kingdom. The rogue nation is lead by a mysterious faction of non-benders known only as The Order which wishes to expand the influence of non-benders by waging war against benders under the guise of returning the world to the "natural" order.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!40BlACxZ!OtHK5_i6GfE4ERPkQgUiZYtH0LGwAoF0_ddiFElB2Ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It...doesn't actually have to be less than 5 sentences. You can take a whole post, if you want.

>A massive, traveling collective of benders of all kinds are stealing away flying bison, badger moles, dragons, and other "bender" animals, and non-benders, and trapping them together in a mad experiment to see if they can force non-benders into learning bending.

>Panic and terror spreads across the country as rumors suggest that that Avatar has gone mad, destroying everything in their path and, in turn, creating unrest in the spirit world. The party must prepare their country for the Avatar's arrival should these rumors be true, and discover how to either destroy or cure the Avatar of this madness.

A platoon of fire nation soldiers have set a massive forest ablaze for seemingly no reason. No mentioned plans of conquering the nearby villages, no people actually attacked. The soldiers are just standing there, lighting things on fire. The villagers are racing as to what the reasons might be. Some believe that the soldiers are trying to find something specifically, and are getting rid of the forest to better find it. Others suggest they already found something, and they're trying to destroy it. The players need to figure out what's going on.

Oooh I like this.

This is seriously good. It could tie in with the spirit world to, a la Hei Bai in ATLA.

Piracy is on the rise as water tribe outcasts take to the high seas in search of profit, controlling the ocean itself to maroon and destroy any ship they wish. The players act as mercenaries/privateers hired by the Earth Kingdom/Fire Nation to hunt down the pirates causing the most disruption to trade and naval activity.

This is also a great idea. Could definitely be a good side-encounter to keep the players occupied while the Big Bad is doing something else.

So, what game do you actually have in the works?

Here's a little preview. It's a total conversion of Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars to the Avatar Universe.

Bear in mind I began working on this about a year ago, before FFG teased Genesys.

Here's a preview:

mega.nz/#!40BlACxZ!OtHK5_i6GfE4ERPkQgUiZYtH0LGwAoF0_ddiFElB2Ew

>67 pages
Hot diggidy damn, you put some work into this. You planning on testing this system out on people?

That's just a preview. The [nearly] complete version is nearly 200 pages. It's being tested out with my circle of friends later this month.

What campaign do you got planned for them?

Legend of the Elements is really good. I've run it on two seperate occassions

I just want to see some evil air benders. Do you know how devastating air bending could be in the wrong hands? Maybe some kind of session about air nomad rejects who are fed up with the peaceful life.

Thought that was a Tintin cover.

How about
> An international death cult has begun attracting significant membership in recent months. The cult is led by a rogue airbender, who was expelled by the Air Nomads for experimenting with fatal and violent techniques. The cult has perverted airbender teachings, and believes that the only true way to reach detachment, and thus enlightenment, is in death.

Death Monk air benders is a really sweet concept.

The Earth Kingdom territories are in turmoil after the assassination of Earth Queen Hou-Ting at the hands of Zaheer, a member of the Red Lotus and an airbender who sought to introduce chaos into the world. The city of Ba Sing Se, capital of the Earth Kingdom, is in disarray without its ruler—precisely the fire Zaheer intended to ignite. Unrest and uncertainty permeate through to the Lower Ring; with the Earth Queen dead, the line of succession is unclear and many residents of the megacity have begun to question whether they need a monarch at all. For Zaheer, once again apprehended by the Avatar and the White Lotus, this is an accomplishment. For the rest of the world, these shaky circumstances translate to a lack of security.

This perfect storm of uncertainty has emboldened petty Earth monarchs throughout the Earth Kingdom provinces to lay claim to the throne while others seek to use the chaos to bolster their political goals. One such aspiring leader, hailed by her followers as the ‘Great Uniter’, has used this chaos to her advantage, rallying Earth Kingdom citizens behind her cause through nationalist rhetoric to unite the disparate Earth Kingdom under the banner of a new Earth Empire. She intends to demonstrate her conviction by quelling the unrest in Ba Sing Se. To do so, the Great Uniter has established a network of covert and overt supporters throughout the Kingdom and within Republic City to foment unrest or rally support for her cause.

This is the character concept for one of the main antagonists of the adventure:

Shintu (信徒; “Disciple” or "follower" in Chinese) is a metalbending engineer who is missing her left arm as a result of a devastating assault by firebending criminals in the slums of Ba Sing Se. She uses metalbending to control and manipulate a prosthetic metal arm which she often uses in place of hand tools by bending it into the desired shape and tool for the job. She is brash and often espouses an absolutist worldview (“All firebenders are imperialist scum” is something Shintu might say).

Of course, she harbors great disdain not just for firebenders and the Fire Nation, but for anyone she perceives to be an “outsider” trying to influence the Earth Kingdom or its citizens. For that reason, she believes in Kuvira, the “Great Uniter,” and believes that foreigners, especially the Fire Nation citizens, need to get out of the Earth Kingdom.

She won't be the Big Bad, though. Maybe a recurring nemesis

Here's one I actually started running two weeks ago.

>A bunch of wanderers, vagabonds, and criminals find themselves entrusted to carry an ornate lockbox across the continent to Omashu under the direction of two masked men who broke them out of jail in exchange. Their path takes them right through the fire nation colonies, and they have been warned that the lockbox is wanted by other parties.

In reality, the lockbox contains a prototype repeating revolver, designed by the two men to be delivered to their superior. Once mass produced, they will use them to stage a coup on Ba Sing Sei and then use their superior range and destructive power to conquer from there.

This is an incredibly lovely idea but instead of it being what you said, its instead an early gunpowder rifle.

Seriously a good premise though. How do your players like it?

Now that's the real equalizer we need.

The reason I made it a pistol was because of the size I wanted the box to be, which was small enough to throw around during comedy fights. That said, ideas.
So far it's pretty good. Biggest hiccup at the moment is a combination of scheduling and all of us being pretty new at the system (Qin: the Warring States full of homebrewed bending stuff), so it's still going.

if you want to keep it small, maybe not the whole rifle but something small and complex, like a wheel-lock firing mechanism

Good idea, though I might just keep it a wheel-lock revolver on the rare chance the players break the box open and accidentally shoot something.

I've deliberately given the two men Amon-style masks. One of them is also SUPER burnt from a fire nation raid and can barely speak.

That's hot.
This campaign is hot stuff.

>A farming community has lost livestock and crops to a strange sickness. Some farmers explain that the spirit(s) have left and that the village is cursed, others blame some strange travelers living nearby.

>The Historical department of Ba Sing Se has started hiring travelers and adventurers to find artifacts and scrolls regarding ancient bending societies. They are currently funding an expedition to the fire nation isles to research the Sun Warriors and their culture.

>Two noble Earth Kingdom families have been fighting a decade long war with each other using mercenaries over control of a small village, who's rightful owners have been lost to time due to bureaucratic mismanagement. The Earth bending mercenaries have made life in the village a living hell, and it is the players job to help a group of non-bending refugees escape the village without being caught by either side of the conflict.

>A somewhat peacefull firenation colony region (earth and fire coexist without trouble) has been the victim of sabotage from Earth kingdom loyalists. This has triggered the arrival of a new Firenation governor who acts as a tyrant towards the people. The players have to figure out a way for people tog get along while fighting off Earth kingdom royalists and the Governors soldiers.

>The players are in the wrong place at the wrong time and witness a gang murder of a high profile Republic city official. The real criminal gets away in the night and the players are suspected of murder. Now they have to find and catch the real killer while avoiding RC police and the Triple Threat Triads.

>The players live in RC and gets bothered by the Gangs of the city, the police won't or can't help because they're busy dealing with the equalist threat and the players aren't rich enough to matter. They will have to take matters into their own hands if anything will ever change.

>One or more players inherit an estranged family members security firm and the debt s/he had build up. They get an offer to run security on a caravan to the Shi Wong Desert as they are transporting something/someone important.

>A spirit gets angry that all the shitty benders aren't honoring it properly, because they can magic up good crop conditions. It finds a humble farmboy, whose home was burned down by a reckless firebender. It tells him how to go find the lion turtles. Years later, a man shows up, and starts taking out bandits and other criminal benders. He glows at them until they can't bend any more.

Analysis of how living in a world where any random fuck can have superpowers is my magical realm.

>Two noble Earth Kingdom families have been fighting a decade long war with each other using mercenaries over control of a small village, who's rightful owners have been lost to time due to bureaucratic mismanagement. The Earth bending mercenaries have made life in the village a living hell, and it is the players job to help a group of non-bending refugees escape the village without being caught by either side of the conflict.

I especially like this one because its a perfect side-quest for the story line I'm working on here The refugees could be trying to escape nationalistic Earth Kingdom powers to Republic City or their respect nations.

That's actually a recurring element I intended to have in The Second Age: random encounters with people who have crossed paths with spirits (now that they are abundant with the portals open) and have come out of it with supernatural abilities, bending or Spirit-voodoo otherwise.

Admittedly I don't know a lot about the Legend of Korra world beyond Equalists, but it's great to hear that this plot hook can work in your specific game setting.

Forgot to add me name there.

Here's an idea another user posted in an old thread a while back:

In Avatar, as in all Kung fu stories, you need someone to teach you in order to get new and better techniques. The other gangs would do all their teaching in-house, but the Triad would instead employ contractors from outside, since their whole philosophy is built around being okay with working with The Other if it gets the job done. Each Master is a philosophical corruption of their element, as established by Iroh.

>Water
A bunch of surfer-dude layabouts who happen to be really, really excellent Waterbenders. In return for their services, the Triad provides them with drugs made from Spirit World substances. They may ask you to get them a specific drug that's said to actually astral project you into the Spirit
World. Water is the element of change, but rather than be the change, they are themselves tossed to and fro by life, and their loyalty is tenuous at best.

>Fire
The Circle of True Thunder, a group of old-school firebenders who decry the cheapening of lightning in this new age. What was once a sacred art mastered only by the truly worthy is now an industrial tool in the hands of plebeians, and worse, cops. In return for their services, they get cash for proselytization efforts and a chance to show the world through you what lightning is all about. They may ask you to get them one of those fancy electric weapons, to better understand their heresy. Fire is the element of power, but that power is made manifest in what is clearly a cult.

... to be continued ...

Thank you for coming up with it!

Continuing user's plot >Air
The newest addition to the Triad's forces, a former Air Acolyte who went full Airbender after season 2. He was kidnapped and is being blackmailed with some secret info into teaching the airbender recruits from around the city how to employ a largely nonviolent art in criminal pursuits (namely cat burglary). He/she may ask you to arrange a meeting with his/her family, who believes he/she is dead. Air is the element of freedom, but this Master has resigned himself to his enslavement.

>Earth
The owner of a nation-spanning chain of McDojo belt factories, the idea of which was touched upon in "The Blind Bandit". In return for that sweet, sweet mob money, he/she holds closed sessions for the Triad. He/she may ask you for help opening up a new location on the opposite side of the city. Earth is the element of substance, but instead of building something worthwhile that will stand the test of time, he/she has made a living off of substandard teaching.

Nothing fancy but..
>after a few "accidents" on a mover set, the PC' s are hired as security/ stunt doubles. After getting close enough to the lead actress/actor and gaining some fame themselves, they start to be targeted as well.

[Spoiler]the director is the one organizing the accidents so the film has more publicity [/ spoiler]

Is there commander some Zhuge Liang style mad genius and there really is no point? They're just doing it to distract people while they complete an actual mission, incognito?

Who knows? The villagers certainly don't. All they see is a bunch of trees on fire and fire nation soldiers running around it and within it. The players would need to figure out if they even have a commander there, and if so, what shit they're trying to accomplish

A controversial pirate radio host is intercepting broadcasts with his own messages, revealing secrets and conspiracy details about any and all political figures making shady deals and schemes to further increase chaos. Those various politicians, regardless of origins, can all agree that this whistleblower needs to go. You, along with various other bounty hunters of various skills, are hired to hunt this radio host down.

The real adventure is trying to get the radio host to safety while the other ridiculous hitmen are using all their crazy bending and weapon tricks to kill him and your party.

>After the Earth Queen died and Ba Sing Se fell the Earth Kingdom collapsed into many different factions. Many of the former provinces now stand without a formal fighting force to fend off Bandits and Warlords. The players live in one such province, and have to fight for their own lands until help arrives.

by the end of korra the world is starting to enter the modern age, and even in korra you can start seeing that benders are starting to lose power due to increases in technology.

after the death of korra the new avatar "pattu" is born to the earth nation, however the world seems to believe an avatar is no longer needed, he is simply not powerful enough to keep the balance, as such the avatar along with the order of the lotus turn into a religion who practice bending. your team our followers of the lotus. and must venture out into a world that thinks of your bending as little more than "i know kong fu", but you will prove to them that some threats cannot be overcome by technological advances, and that the avatar will always be needed.

A fire nation noble is throwing an extravagant party that will show off her most prized possession, a massive, expensive ruby. However, just three days before the party, she has received the calling card of a notorious gang of bandits, four skilled benders of each type, all unified by the thrill of high stakes robbery. The party is hired to super proof the estate and ensure that these bandits, when they inevitably come, are stopped.

What's the best system to run an avatar type game? I've been rewatching the series and that along with this thread is turning gears in my head.

Read through the thread, two people just posted some systems for it.