What secondary powers would you need for super toughness and super regeneration?

What secondary powers would you need for super toughness and super regeneration?

Super Not Getting Cancer

Absolute caloric efficiency, or at least the ability to produce nutrition through mystical means.

Because good lord are you going to be burning calories regenerating an arm.

None.
Seriously, unleee you are an autistic dipshit (which is a bad thing because I myself am autistic but I am not a dipshit) then you are capable of acknowledging that superpowers don't really make sense and don't NEED to make sense.

The ability to absorb matter somehow, either super eating or something else.

Otherwise, I can shoot your regenerator until he dies of starvation from having to rapidly replace all of the blood and meat I am blowing out of his system.

Super cooking.
Super good mood.
Super politeness.
Super suffering

This is something I appreciated in Über; the most powerful Übers could only eat pure glucose "soup" because that's the only source of calories high enough to feed their immense figures.

Long range capabilities. Hulk with a anti-material rifle.

Reduced pain

I'm guessing if anyone else tried to drink it it would instantly give them diabetes

You'd just throw up, probably. The human body generally doesn't handle 'pure' anything very well.

You die without oxygen, but pure oxygen will kill you too.

this

Pain Tolerance
Zen
Super Sanity - because taking that much punishment might break people

Instinctive quantum energy-matter control. In other words, you are able to affect reality via quantum mechanics rules.

You appear supertough but in reality, you are able to exploit quantum mechanics to generate a dark energy field to interact with the matter that's about to impact you, like an imperceptible personal forcefield.

You superheal not like Wolverine, but by quantum mechanics literally retconning every damage you take, or harnessing the same dark energy to re-produce the cubit information just before you got injured.

I forget where I saw this but technically isn't superman's powers basically a reflection of psionic powers? I mean, he's not actually strong enough to infinte lift any weight it's just his psionic powers manifested by him picking up stuff which also allows him to do things like specifically move a mountain without destroying it.

Numb or ignore pain

A soft side, to show that special sissy in your life

weapon-grade cynicism

I think its name was tactile telekinesis and it was superboy's powers since they organization that made him couldn't recreate his superstrenght.

>This is something I appreciated in Über; the most powerful Übers could only eat pure glucose "soup" because that's the only source of calories high enough to feed their immense figures
That's such a bad explanation that it's almost worse than not trying.
No matter how nutritious no food is going to provide enough energy to do superhuman shit unless it itself is some unobtanium/magic abrosia/superscience pill.

Canonically it's just superboy that does it yes. In my shitty headcanon nobody cares about, it's psionics/tactile telekinesis which indeed lets him move a mountain or a battle ship without bending points or gravity breaking it. Or that gives him his selective immunity. And he's also using psionics to subtly convince people around him Clark Kent is not superman. Yes I know he slouches etc etc yadda fucking yadda I still don't buy it, that wouldn't work on Louis whose been close enough to Superman to make out and see's Clark every day.

His increase sensitivity (and lack of psychic training) is also why he's so vulnerable to psionic interference, and his lack of understanding of it makes his invulnerability less effective vs. Magic.

Why should you get cancer?

Because the immense amount of cell replication necessary for regeneration is going to damage the telomeres and general genome of the super. This is what leads to cancer in real life. Therefore you need a method of not getting cancer, a good example is self-repairing telomeres.

Actually, there are loads of cancers that happen specifically because telomeres aren't shortened in a cell when it reproduces. Congratulations, you made Cancerlad, the sentient Cancer.

The sensible answer is that superpowers don't make sense.
The edgy answer is that a parasitic alien supercomputer is using sufficiently advanced science to do it.
The slightly less edgy answer is magic space whale.

>And he's also using psionics to subtly convince people around him Clark Kent is not superman.
This is a good one. I generally accepted superman just used tactile TK, but it totally skipped my mind to think he could be also using telepathy

>And he's also using psionics to subtly convince people around him Clark Kent is not superman
The thing is, Superman doesn't have a secret identity, as far as the public is concerned. He's Superman. He lives in the fortress of solitude, he does Super man things, and he goes home. Why would the living God that is Superman, pretend to be a reporter? Sure, people probably joke that Clark looks like him, but just because your coworker looks uncannily like Putin, you're not going to think for a second he's actually a world leader slumming it up because he can.

Because smoking

>you made Cancerlad, the sentient Cancer.
Seems like a nice supervillain.
>Get superpowers
>Shitpost on Veeky Forums

I like the idea of people having organic powerplants in their body.

Common Sense.

>Cancerlad, the sentient Cancer
That is just Deadpool, nigga.

super efficient metabolism.

>Because good lord are you going to be burning calories regenerating an arm.
Not only calories, you would also need proteins, calcium and all the other shit necessary to regenerate a new arm.

A pure glucose "soup" would literally just be a sugar syrup. Might cause an upset stomach if you tried to eat a *lot* of it, but people can (and do) eat that sort of thing just fine.

If we accept the premise that Superman has a form of Psionics similar to Superboy but just on a vastly different level (by virtue of being a pure kryptonian) then I imagine he can, and does (probably instincticly more than purposefully) lets people "recognize" he's Clark or not hence hy Loise has no problem but everyone else wouldn't

I think this will be my new headcannon for him, having near god level psionic powers that he uses more on instinc than training aside from what he's managed to learn to do over time (ice breath, he beams, X ray vision, ect).

Actually, if you think about it, the Dude who can flex his muscles and do psychic shit isn't all that dissimilar.

Pretty sure I've posted this on Veeky Forums before, but one thing I really liked about the introduction of Jubilee in X-Men was the time when Logan was in the desert and had to play dead to catch some vultures to eat, because his healing factor couldn't regenerate his wounds without some calories coming in.

Cancer cells might be super at self replication, but they tend to lose other important metabolic and systemic functions. They stop working and start replicating. They also tend to pick up mutations that accelerate cancer growth, like the inhibition of mutation correction factors, tissue differentiation, apoptosis signalling, promotion of sepsis, blood vessel attraction. Evolution pressure HELPS cancer get worse. The more you learn about cancer, the more horrific and alienating it gets. Whatever plot magic makes Wade Wilson work, it can't be cancer.

>but people can (and do) eat that sort of thing just fine.
some people can eat shit without throwing up, doesn't mean it's normal