Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Lorgar did nothing edition

>FAQ (New FAQ), RIP Thousand Sons edition:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Executed for heresy.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Fellow Fa/tg/uys, does anyone have the Dark Vengeance 8e booklet? Trying not to loose it to the ages now.

Specially now that I finally found other players in the dark reaches of the undeveloped southern hemisphere.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Dark Vengeance was 7th Edition.
Do you mean Dark Imperium or was there some booklet I don't know of?

What do you need from it? It's just the base rules plus Dataslates for Vrosh and such.

I am searching for the Eisenhorn audiobooks. Any idea where I could find them?

If you don't mind making some conversions and Tallarn looks don't convince you, take some Cadians and make them "Afrika Korps/Desert Rats" style, sand half their trousers and the sleeves to make them shorter.

Ryza is the best forge world
Prove me wrong

What went wrong with 8th edition?

There was a booklet with Dark Vengeance rules adapted to 8th

Lucius is a Dyson Sphere.
Q.E.D.

We still let NPC races play the game

Oh, okay, cool. Didn't know that.

Lorgar did everything wrong

There already is a marine on marine homofest game called horus heresy, leave 40k alone

Just paint them orange nigger

You don't have Belisarius Cawl.

Mass infantry spam

Did you search it in one of the Mega archives?

>undeveloped southern hemisphere.
? are you a filthy latino?

Those of you working on big marines, show me what you've got so far! I want some ideas.

Bonus points to anyone who posts a gravis captain or inceptor squad and has made it look good.

>triggered!

Enjoy way too much working on this silly thing

>marine on marine homofest game
Now that's not fair, user. The Dark Angels only get special rules in the *upcoming* Horus Heresy book.

>triggered
Yes, I am. Put some damn Nuln Oil on those guns, mate.

>unfinished models
>muh oil!

Sure as you got trigger there

My lighting's really bad so I'll just post the one old pic, but your guys are looking real good

He's been based, tidied up and his power sword has been snazzed up with some FX

Nuln Oil aka a black shade. I couldn't give a fuck about you dirtying your models up or not, but those pure metal guns look horrible without some proper shade on them

Mold line. Otherwise bretty gud.

Looking good!

These Primaris fucks are really difficult to clear of mold lines it turns out

Not guard/10!

Haven't worked with the Primarines yet, but that mold line on that guy in particular is apparently a bitch to remove, as even the Dunc-Meister didn't get it cleaned off completely in the Crimson Fist video.

In there any way to download somewhere Dante by Guy Haley? I really want to read it but spending 20 bucks for a book is too much for me right now.

So somebody informed me of two coloured Guard Anons who post here with batreps and such. Is that discouraged? There seems to be static about them.

Fuck you Erebus

Dumbing down of the complexity, though i inspect an increase with 9th now that the unnecessary fat has been shaved off as well

What part of unfinished did you not understand?

So I'm planning on making some Commissars and I wanted to grab boltguns for them. Any particular pattern or kit that's particularly adept for kitbashing onto regular humans?

>all that work
>all that money
>for this
It would've been better looking, easier and cheaper to just ebay sob models

3rd was far simpler than this. Codex and supplement books will add the depth back into it. It's gonna be fine.

40k has been steadily getting dumbed down since 2e.

Ever expecting GW to make a more tactically challenging game is stupid.

The part where you posted it here, not in the WIP thread.

Not as fun.
I could simply buy them from GW, but not what I was looking for as a third army

>using wip

Fuck you Erebus

>dark angels
I'm talking Space Yiffs versus dindu Thousand Sons

Though there was homolust tension between Russ and Lion

You mean bolt pistols or bolters?

Newermind. Found it in the OP.

Or just by bolt action Brits and convert them with lasguns

Keep doing the God Emperor's work, user.

How long do you think it will be before Renegades get a proper book to make them Ok? I may have to fall back on my Mechanicus for the three years it'll take forge world to give me decent rules.

Bolters. I want range.

Pre-orders are up on the Kiwi page.

Yeah, how stupid of me. Of course you wouldn't want constructive feedback in order to better yourself, I can clearly tell from your models.

>raised Horus as a child, read books to him and generally spent what could only be described as ''Father/Son time'' with him
>was so proud of Fulgrim and his Legion he renamed them ''The Emperor's Children'' and allowed them to display the Aquila
>was aware of Dorn's loyalty and dedication and responded in kind, bestowing the highest honors upon him, even greater then Horus himself
>Didn't want to kill Angron and ordered The Thousand Sons to find a cure
>didn't have the statues of Traitor Primarch's destroyed during The Heresy, just covered up
>was legitimately best friends with Malcador who was anything but a sycophant and called Him out on His shit constantly
>allowed Horus to basically murder Him because he couldn't bring Himself to kill his favored son, only retaliating once he realized that Horus was truly gone and that all of Humanity would suffer unimaginably and endlessly unless He took decisive action
>loves Mankind so much He keeps Himself in endless, unfathomable torment just to give us a sliver of chance of survival

>''LELELEL HE WAS AN EVIL INCOMPETENT EMO DICK WHO NEVER LOVED ANYONE AND WAS ONLY PRETENDING''

So are they just going to straight up retcon EVERYTHING that goes against their retarded version? Literally all of his character?

You and me both

At this point Im sitting till RH get a proper update or Dark Mechanicum in 40k.

Might be a long wait.

To be fair, it changed the aimed size of the game, rewriting a skirmish game to a company sized oned, ao some simplifciations had to be made

> thinking FW will give another shit about side project tier throw away army when they are scrabbling to save Horus Heresy after the main author eat himself to death
Loving every laugh

I started with 5th so the earliest i am familiar with is 3td/4th ed codices with 5th main rules but i'll take your word for it.

they were on youtube, but now they are gone

When you summaraize it this way it just makes him sound soft and incompetent.

>wip
>constructive
Are we even talking about the same wip?

Very well, nevermind then.
I still prefer the look of the original models though.

>guy builds his Empire on genocide and slavery (not as bad in context, but still)
>is not completely evil and has a softer side
>"He's soft and incompetent''
Him not being a complete monster doesn't make His planetary genocides any softer.

Well, everyone who hates Horus Heresy series is a pleb who doesn't even know the original fluff and is mad that HH replaced their headcanon. nator.

If you're talking about Master of Mankind, ADB straight up says in the author's note that absolutely nothing the Emperor does should be taken at face value.

I always thought that would make them truly horrendously overpowered if they were attacked, even small Dyson Spheres are stupid in terms of energy output."'Sup, have a neutron-pumped fusion laser big enough to drain a reactor the size of a small star".

*Planet Killer gets completely BTFO*
Job done lads, time to find some toaster girls.

Show us where the FW units touched your army user

>>allowed Horus to basically murder Him because he couldn't bring Himself to kill his favored son, only retaliating once he realized that Horus was truly gone and that all of Humanity would suffer unimaginably and endlessly unless He took decisive action

Retconned.
GTFO with your outdated fluff before you start citing Rogue Trader.

You have Hellwrights in the FW index, so all you need is some Skitarii equivalents.

It's easy to order death from a far.

Allowing yourself to get rekt by your kin because of muh feefees?

Guy wouldn't last 2 weeks in Commoraugh.

What? Batreps or being guard playing subhumans? Because yes, both.

Remember when Duncan had a lame t-shirt?

Yeesh.

Xana Exists, as do Your Dudes. I made my own, with although I haven't named it yet.

Still, Ryza is pretty sodding cool, they're actually fighting a war somewhat respective of the size of an entire planet of factories, which almost nothing else in the universe has done. No, you can't take a planet made of gun and cyborg soldiers with 1000 Space Marines, they'd just nuke 'em even if they could make planetfall. Admech don't give a fuck if they irradiate some dudes, it's just more free Vanguard.

Fuck you Magnus

/wip/ is becoming a bit ridiculous though, nowadays a lot of them are more interested in how well you crop your photos than how well you paint.

>post complaining about retcons mentions older fluff
>ABLOBLOBLO IT'S RETCONNED
Aaron, shouldn't you be in a circlejerk on Bolter and Cucksword?

>implying it could be lame when duncan is wearing it

Can 't you do elite low model count armies with Primarisfags?

I prefer the fine taste of dakkadakka, thank you

>autistic edgelords that damned everyone but especially themselves and can only perpetuate degeneracy as they slowly wither away, watching their once vaunted culture degrade even further and further while they disappear into nothingness, not even with a whimper, should be an example to anyone
Kek. Also, we're talking about a guy that could blow Commoragh up by wincing too hard.

Dakkadakka consists of whiny WAACfags with six million posts.

He also creates an OC daemon that somehow even The Emperor can't kill and says Chaos already won and that's it. So it's a shit book either way.

I like 4 Chaos Legions. Which do you suggest?

Death Guard
>Cool new minis. Good gameplay I'm a fan of. Not the biggest fan of their fluff (though Nurgle is awesome) and they seem like a pain in terms of converting/painting.

Word Bearers
>Cool colour scheme, cool lore. Interesting gameplay focussing on weird stuff like cultists and summoning. They don't have anything unique though and still use the crappy old CSM models.

Thousand Sons
>Cool lore. Good gameplay. Updated miniatures. Look challenging to paint. Not a fan of Magnus' model or use of him in a game.

Black Legion
>So so, lore. Allows most freedom. Easier to paint I assume. Old models however and they are very generic.

Wait, the Tempestus Scion squad box is the same one as the Tempestus Scion Command squad, right? that means theres isn't a "proper" Command box, so why the fuck they are both listed in the online store?

>Guy wouldn't last 2 weeks in Commoraugh.

Not really, he'd feel just fine purging every single bit of xenos vermin there

At least they're already painted black, I can adapt them.
Some just want an army that can ve customized more than pauldron colour.

Am I missing anything, or can Goliaths transport fucking Purestrain Genestealers now?

kys faggot. Bligh died of cancer.

Well, you can't go there if you have a thin skin, but among the two dozen accusations of retardation and the "thin your paint" you will usually have someone give you constructive feedback.

Oh fuck off, you sound like that youtuber who made that video about the term 'God Emperor' being used in Trump supporter vocabulary.

It doesn't matter, fucking planetary genocide, conquest or any of that utter crap, that notion is the disgusting piss-poor opinion of a weakling pampered citizen who knows nothing of conflict, necessity, duty and honour, and will always shittalk them no matter what until put at the end of a fucking rifle on the firing line.

You people are the very driving force behind tyrannies, because when you swell up like the insatiable self-serving antisocial cancerous tumours that you are, you become a fucking threat to the stability of the ground you stand on that was built on the very principles you protest, "Because it's not good" enough. Well dipshit, let me tell you, when people go enough is enough, they fucking mean it, and people like you are the first to feel the fucking burn, your mindless spouting finally making you the victim wannabee pariah, as you get killed to set an example for the others en masse.

Ambition is built upon the corpses of those you trample upon to reach it, conflict is the nature of the universe, all you have was earned through strength and valor or your own wit, and denying this is to become a total scumbag who can't accept that the world doesn't revolve around your tunnel vision worldview.

The Emperor did what he had to do, end of dicussion, and you should be grateful that he did it, because I know lazy maggots like you would sit around moaning until Nurgle's rot arrives to claim you in your worthless evil stagnation.

Nothing is more vile than the products of weakness, they hold no benefit to anyone other than an example of the price of failure in this world.

It is a golden standard that people like you should be killed for merely existing, because before all others, you are naught but a dangerous influence if pandered to in even miniscule charity.

I'm scribbling together a short story set during the Great Crusade, and I just wanted some background detail information.

I know that Astartes were created faster and possibly on older subjects than becomes the nrom by 40k. Does anyone have any details about the process? How quickly you could slap Astartes together and what sort of recruitment standards the existing legions had?

Preorders are up on the NZ site if you want to look at the models in 360 (the reivers' leg poses do look better from other angles IMO), and get overexcited because you've forgotten kiwibux aren't the same as freedombux,

So when will Codex Ta'u release?
Won't be the last one or the one after Deathguard

> thinking I dont play HH
> thinking that I don't have a job where I can easily afford FW prices when I want to buy from them
Loving.
Every.
Laugh.

>mfw when i wholly, completely support everything The Emperor did and understand he did what he had to do
>mfw when i view him as a true hero and a messiah, doing the best he can in a very fucked situation
>mfw some fucking autist explodes at me with literally my own beliefs and stances
I was just making an argument that loving his sons doesn't make him soft, you goddamned mongoloid.

Just to fuck with your head user

Might get a couple of these.... So I can pair them up with my under-sized Rogue Trader Mohawk Scouts.

It has a decent shot of being in the 6 unannounced "10 before christmas" codex releases.