ITT: I post lizardfolk and you do the same

ITT: I post lizardfolk and you do the same.

Discussion of your ideal lizardfolk also welcome.

Lizard-brain incarnate. Eat, drink, kill, repeat 'till you take on something too big for you.

Anybody have snake people?

a couple semi-related

On the rare occasion a DM actually lets me play a Lizardfolk, I always go for a good/nice/amicable lizard man, mostly because I personally don't feel capable of playing anything neutral/evil aligned, nor do I have much interest in doing so.

My lizards are always spellcasters as well.

What do you lizard-lovers look for in racial traits? I'm making my own system and want a reptilian lizardfolk race, but I'm specifically trying to make the racial traits interesting while being open to many potential characters. What racial traits do you give lizardfolk besides cold blooded and maybe something about tough skin/natural weapons?

Warhammer fantasy nailed lizardmen absolutely spot fucking on.

OP here, in no particular order:
- aquatic (fully aquatic if amphibious, partially aquatic if reptilian)
- poor vision
- excellent swimming
- explosive power with little endurance. For creatures with legs, unusual jump height.
- take a page from shark/croc physiology - electroreceptors on the face/skin that can FEEL your heartbeat in the water
- toe claw e.g. dino raptors for dat jump attack
- flashy colouration if not camouflaged
- thick coat of downy feathers that would aid warmth and rile up people that can't get over
- partial ectothermy (i.e. mesothermic thermoregulation)
- venomous saliva/poisonous skin

I'd think about including a suite of cultural behaviours that these racial traits would influence too, like:
- basking ingrained into cultures
- rare communal feasting, perhaps coinciding with a lunar event.
- excessive clothing in colder climates.
- love/hate relationship with fire depending on intelligence (dovetails with ectothermy nicely, "now I can bask wherever I want!")
- aquatic domestication/farming etc
- minimal parenting (eggs, r-selection strategies etc)

*that can't get over the idea of spiny/feathered dinos*

they fucking did.

Back in my day they were called Beast Folk.

Your days sucked dick then

kinda makes sense. nice big umbrella term for all anthro creatures with '-folk' suffix.

Crocodilian folk > Frog guys > Turtle dudes.

All other herptile-men are inferior to these three (but still fucking excellent of course)

Why is Leatherhead such a bro?

Man I want to just give him a hug and tell him everything will be just fine, then hang out in a purely close friend fashion.

>You will never warm Leatherhead with your endothermic mammal squishy hugs

Feels bad man

Argonians are pretty cool. I hope whenever ESVI decides to show up we can see the Hist and all their crazy tree shit (and experience Blighttown but in the elder scrolls universe).

Also, the ever important question: tits or no tits?

Constrictor Snake people.

They are giant sized and prefer to live near water being adept swimmers, naturally their primary form of hunting and killing is to wrestle their prey to death and crush them. While there are plenty of large fauna for them to feed on there are some that prefer humanoids primarily for the challenge and typically less horns and hooves to have to squeeze down into their stomachs.

While typically individualistic they can and do have family units spread out over a wide area perferring to give each other wide berths were possible until such events as coming together for war or to mate.

Viper snake folks are normal humanoid size and, in spire of their poisonious bites, are well accepted in numerous humanoid socities perferring smaller prey typically of the size of dogs and cats. They also tend to preserve their venom and make it a point to keep their young away from people as the children are more apt to bite than adults when frieghtened.

Man TW's Kroxigor art is fucking great.though it looks a bit like Feraligator.

why Blighttown? Massive main Hist tree with undead spirits beneath?

also no tits for sure.

anybody lurking?

I've wanted Argonia ever since I read those Decumus Scotti books. Just hope they don't take any cues from Online.

Depends on the setting. But I honestly don't mind them or find them implausible like some do.

Ladies night out I guess?

Poison. Poison everywhere.

Years ago I played a game of DnD as a lizardfolk ranger.

My fighting style was very simple: Gauntlets, spike armor, and a belt of enlarge person. I'd just grapple people and vigorously shake against them, turning them into meaty ribbons.

>kirk was a lizard the whole time

Would a lizardman culture encourage taking siestas, or would it encourage sleeping in before going to work?

I think it would depend on if they were coldblooded or not. But if they where I think that they would do it before work.

With Feathers!

Im thinking of having intelligent utahraptors as my lizard folk.

And that's a bad thing?

Gotta love the croc-folk aesthetic.
Planning to make my next character a Lizard-folk ranger and probably get very into detailing their lifecycle. Either with a crocodile companion (a family member who didn't develop to the "two legs" stage) or an ape so I can constantly talk about how "I've got a smooth-skin too!"

>>minimal parenting (eggs, r-selection strategies etc)
For most species of reptile yeah, but crocodilians are actually pretty good parents, especially the mothers. A civilized croc-men race would probably look pretty similar to humans in terms of child-care, maybe more like western civilization than eastern in that they would tend to leave the family unit almost immediately after reaching maturity.

The duality of man

>that armour disk
I love that thing, its so rare to see it used in designs.

>no underground highway fast travel system
>no making poisons and their antidotes from rare plants
>no gaining the trust of the natives to learn their secrets
>no sap initiation into the secrets of the Hist and the world
>no gaining entrance to the realm of the Hist to survive landfall
I honestly think Bethesda would totally screw up TES: Argonia. It would be too weird to sell to most people. So much of the good argonian lore is OOG or fan interpretation.
Also tits for argonians outside of Black Marsh, no tits for those in black marsh. They need that sap somehow.

Those books got me hooked on TES lore.
It's a shame TESO goes so heavy on the Mesoamerican stuff. Then again it does have them literally worshipping Sithis, so I'm not regarding any of that game as canon with writing is that retarded.
Sithis is NO. It is a binary state, not an entity. It is the original creator because it reacted with Anuiel, YES, to create MAYBE and therefore creation.

No tits. The point of lizardmen for me is to be alien to humans, considering how they would evolve from different biological class.

A race of lizardmen that can be divided into seven sub races all capable of breeding with one another but not other races. They look like human lizards, crocs, turtles, frilled lizards, snakes, frogs, and dinosaurs .

I think it's called mirror armor.

They are my absolute favourite.
I just wish there was more official art, especially coloured art, of lizardmen from various blessed spawnings.

...is there more?

does that snake have boobs?

That's a page from the Overlord manga.
There's 11 light-novels, however much manga, and a 12 ep anime covering volumes 1-3.

They're venom glands user, the devs said so.

Is the big lizard about to have sex with the little one? What was the "oh, no" for, spontaneous erection?

>That's a page from the Overlord manga.
mmm? Overlord? The lich anime? It has a manga? I thought it was a light novel

>We have need of your best performer. Do not ask why, or we will hiss and flare our crests at you.

It's better explained in the novel, but the 'oh no' is that he's just walked into her hut, being that she's the acting chief of a tribe he's trying to get help from, and basically propositioned her without thinking.
They do fug, but later on.

It is. (New books coming end of the year I'm hyped already)
The novels came first, then the manga and the anime was last.

i really dig how disorienting it being a clear snake but with a fat albino dude just kinda stapled to the underside is

>have a lizardfolk PC at our table
>always trying to seduce the pretty girls he comes across
>not in a that-guy way, but roleplaying as an aloof hopeless sap that can't even make it to first base, but never gets discouraged to try at least once
>the one time he doesn't try is when he comes across a female Harefolk engineer who's more in tune and fascinated with gears and gadgets than people, barely even acknowledging the party
>Once the party is getting ready to head back down to the hamlet after completing a task for her she asks the lizardfolk to stay for a moment
>"Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt whatever your plans were, I just need you to strip down so I can examine and study that fantastic body of yours."
of course, the DM faded to black. The lizardfolk now calls himself a true ladies man and now adopts the style of posing at every counter and doorframe fishing for a lady to take notice of him.

Hot damn that's pretty excellent.

>not in a that-guy way
I have doubts about this and both the fact it was someone else playing it

Painfully thicc