Who is best Chaos God and why do you think so?

Who is best Chaos God and why do you think so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIEDO9DJvM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean al of them are a special kind of garbage, but I gotta give it up for my boy Tzeentch. At least he wants people to have hope and strive for change in their lives, those are some real nice positives...even if it's still all part of his wacky plan to turn everyone's genitals into dust or whatever.

Papa nurgle, he loves you more than you know

Malal?

I agree but for different reasons I think. Tzeentch is naturally against stagnation (being the god of hope and ambition you kind of have to be), something which I personally agree with and strive to avoid in excess.
I know it sounds weird, but that's the way it is.

Necoho

Any official artwork on him? All I saw was a single picture, and even then I'm not sure if that was him.

Nurgle. "I love you, you love Me, we're a happy family. With a touch of plague for me to give to you, won't you say you love Me too?"

Slaanesh, because xhe's the only one who is reasonably successful in corrupting and destroying society.

Reminder that by worshiping any Chaos god you are also worshiping Slaanesh indirectly, for what is Chaos if not an expression of excess? Slaanesh will consume all when she is done feasting upon the entreè that is the Eldar race!.

Not if we consume her first!

Tzeentch is probably at the top in terms of aesthetics.

Nurgle would be the best choice if you had a sane decision in the matter. He's the only chaos god that would actually give a shit about you.

Heh, no because slaanesh is the god of decedent excess, not excess in general.

Plus if what you say is true, slaanesh would be the strongest chaos god, whereas it is the fourth strongest

Well in terms of being the best at the chaos god thing it is khorne as he has basically already won given the galaxy is exactly as he wants it in a state of perpetual self sustaining violence and bloodshed and could defeat any of the other chaos gods but doesnt as that would take away from the amount of violence and killing

Seconded

Tzeentch is breddy gud.

>no one can agree on what Slaanesh's specific domain is
>no one can agree on whether or not Tzeentch actually does anything with his schemes, or if he's merely pretending
>no one can really tell what Nurgle does except spread plagues for fun

I admire Khorne's pure focus.

>khorne as he has basically already won given the galaxy is exactly as he wants it in a state of perpetual self sustaining violence and bloodshed
Gork n' Mork won long that contest before Khorne was even sentient. Him showing up just added to their win-state, so technically wouldn't they be better than Khorne at his own job?

Either way, one thing is clear in the Warp: War gods > everyone else.

KHORNE = You get what you paid for. Good for violence and little else.

NURGLE = Eternal suffering or horrible life. Good for nothing and makes your current existence shit.

TZNEENTCH = Basically causes things to reverse themselves and that considers it some incredibly genius act on his part. Good for making bad things good, but also does the opposite.

SLAANESH = Asshole that actively fucks over anybody that worships him.. so what's the point? Murders elves, nuff said.

So in descending order of usefulness.

KHORNE (makes you mad and strong), TZNEENTCH (Good in a pinch but bad when things are swell), SLAANESH (Fucks elves, but will also fuck you watch out), NURGLE (Avoid like the plague).

Hashut

>NURGLE = Eternal suffering or horrible life. Good for nothing and makes your current existence shit.

This is wrong in the worst possible way. A true devote of Nurgle enjoys being a puss-filled sack of diseases and flies, possibly because of chaos-related mutations to how the brain experiences pain and pleasure.
Why do you think Plague Marines are T5?

>Slaanesh
>bad because you get fucked
That's the point user. That's exactly why people choose Slaanesh.

>Murders elves, nuff said.

That's always why I will have a soft spot for him. Nothing to me beats seeing a black crusade PC going on a rampage against eldar.

really made me think

Slannesh > Tzeentch > Nurgle > Khorne

Slannesh followers can be lots of different things and the "Release from the endless treadmill of stagnation that the imperium represents" angle is good.

Tzeentch is proper subtle and like slannesh can be done lots of different ways

Nurgle has a good aesthetic but there isn't much you can do with him

Khorne is just a bit boring.

They're all kind of boring, if you ask me. 99% of the time worshiping any of them is all downsides. I also think that the big four being the predominant gods is kind of goofy based on the way the warp supposedly works. I mean, are we to believe that across the scope of the galaxy, the dominant emotions are angry, horny, wizard and AIDS?

This, and his followers don't feel any pain from the myriad of diseases they get.

>Worshiping Chaos is excessive.
>He isn't a casual church-goer.

One or two meetings a month and I can plan my week around it easily. I'd tell you to get fucked, but I'm afraid your coke addled brain would misconstrue the meaning of my statement.

Tzeentch.

> Wake up from a delicious dream about crashing a planet into another planet as a part of some grand experiment
> Grab some coffee
> Realize 1) it wasn't a dream, 2) you're missing some key ingredients for the experiment and 3) and you're on Planet A
> Well, shit
> Open a portal to the Warp mid-thought and step through to a planet across the galaxy and 100 years before you left
> Research the effect of setting gretchin on fire for a decade
> Reach the conclusion that gretchin do not react positively to fire, but add that more data is needed
> Remember why you came here to begin with
> Equip the gretchin with flamers on your way out and tell them there's candy inside the space hulk towards galactic north
> Commandeer passing civilian freighter, go to Rynn's World
> Learn Esperanto along the way
> Give explicit instructions in perfect Spanish for the void shields to be lowered for 2.5 seconds at 12:48:57 PM for you to pass through
> Crimson Fists do it anyway, get hit by a missile from an intern you hired six weeks ago for this very moment
> Set up a lawn chair, chronometer, telescope and camera on a beach as the next wave of Greenskins attacks Pedro Kantor's ruined fortress
> Vid-capture a planetoid filled with screaming flame-belching gretchin colliding with a hive world the next system over
> Send the video to Terra addressed to the High Lords, marked "Tape 2/4"
> Set orks on fire until your mom picks you up at 3:00
> Only it's not your mom, it's a bird daemon that shits fire and only understands Esperanto

Malal, of course.

Why you ask? Because I wish he actually existed so that we could have him trolling the other 4 Gods since he's a walking paradox. Having Tzeentch's plan backfire on him, teleporting Khorne soldiers to a world where people don't bleed, changing a disease Nurgle created to be beneficial to the host. Just funny shenanigans

Wasn't it only the Death Guard that did not suffer while being sick as fuck while the rest of his flock are in pain or agony 24/7 or something like that?

Malal, coz I'm contrary even to my own detriment.

>I admire Khorne's pure focus.
This, Khorne is pure. No games, no delusions, just endless slaughter and battle in the name of the Red King. Preferable to getting fucked over and over and over and over again by the other patrons.

No, all people who succumb to Nurgle are glad to receive his gifts before the end. There's different interpretations of it, like that they can't feel the pain or they do feel the pain but they enjoy it because they feel blessed. Even in the Dark Imperium book it shows a guardsmen who was injected with Nurgle's Rot by a fly. When he realized it too late he was horrified up until the very end and realized how blessed he was to receive Nurgle's gift and become a Plaguebearer.

The Emperor, aka the greatest chaos god of them all.

Not knowing who Malal is i have a serious question
Tzeentch is the lord of change
Would malal give tzeentch power by changing his plans to somthing else so they dont affect him?

Think about it though everytime i see the "if you join nurgle sure he cares about you but you suffer the pain of every fucking disease ever and cant die from it"
that makes no sense that is such a "excessive" amount of suffering that even Slaanesh would join in on it and get a slice of the power

What chaos god would allow me to reproduce as much as possible.

Isn't it obvious?

The servants of nurgle are unaffected by tge pain and misery caused by his plagues says so on the tin
[spoilers] that being said I sgree with the ranking [spoilers/]

I'm pretty sure Malal feeds off other chaos gods like a leech, while also trying to undermine them. He's a god of paradoxes,atheism, anarchy and pure chaos without any order, think of him as a chaos entity who's goal is to destroy chaos

Tzeentch>Nurgle>>Khorne>Slaanesh

One you are there it doens't really matter, but if I had any chance to pick, I would go with Tzeentch or Nugle if the "I don't feel diseases and Nurgle cares about me" is true. The other two are simply worst options.

Why Tzeentch? Sure, he is the god of change, but also knowledge and hope, and I like those. He may fuck you up in some bullshit plan in a century (assuming you are that important), but at the same time he actually wants the imperium or some sort of society to survive so he can continue watching it evolving, planning, betraying, thinking... So he's not going to destroy everythin ala the other three gods. Plus, warp powers and magic, which are nice.

Had a thought about this a while back.

You know how the Chaos Gods are comprised of the galaxy's emotions?
And the reason they're complete shits is in part because the galaxy's emotions are negative, and the negativity is self-perpetuating because daemons make bad shit happen so people think of bad shit which makes more daemons.
We all on the same page here? Good.

See, the Chaos Gods also encompass the positive emotions, they're just drowned out by the negative ones. But here's something. Humanity doesn't associate the Chaos Gods with their positive emotions, instead they associate them with the Emperor.
What if the Emperor is effectively starving the Chaos Gods of their positive emotions and disrupting the balance of the Warp by hoarding all of the good shit for himself?
What if it's not just that the Chaos Gods corrupt Humanity, but that Humanity is corrupting the Chaos Gods with only sending them negative emotions?

>Who is best Chaos God and why do you think so?
A dead one,do i really need a reason why?

I like Nurgle from lore, actions etc.

Khorne in terms of aesthetics.

Don't like Tzeentch the most, he seems like he has no upside.

He is the Chaos God of Chaos. He's the contrarian

Hashut, because chaos dwarfs are ducking awesome, fuck you thats why

>give a shit about you
Papa Nurgle has a lot more than that for you.

nurgle

Tzeentch dosent get power when literally anything changes, he gets power from the hope of mortals for change

doesnt it say somewhere that "the change of life to death if the greatest change a mortal can undertake"
Which is why im pretty sure tzeentch encourages it
But still yeah you are right if he did get power from just anything changing it would be werid

I literally clicked this thread to find you, and call you a faggot.

Malal's 40k servants are savage shitposting cannibals that literally summoned the god into the materium to reclaim their own planet, who have a tradition of a reunion where they eat a capture slave, alive, raw and whole, and go through nigh autismal concentrated survival of the fittest rituals to provide the perfect candidate to summon Malal into the Imperium, because that's a thing it can do.

The major goal of the Horus heresy was in fact to permanently remove Malal's incidental influence as a counter-balance and to the four Chaos Gods - Lorgar, Horus, and Magnus were all driven by Tzeentch, so then it could fuck everything with legions of Traitor Marines in a "unified" faith" that blacks out all knowledge of Malal to prevent it from stealing from the other four due to it's power of growing in proportion to it's others, meaning any gains the 4 make automatically end up defaulting, never gaining or loosing ground in their attempts to gain a hold over the materium.

The Daemon that showed Lorgar the 'Primordial truth of the Universe?' Tzeentian, with the Word Bearer's Erebus moving on to get Horus Mortally wounded and converted to Chaos in his unconscious defenseless state. Magnus ruining everything? Tzeentch, who set this up to begin with, hell, Magnus even tried to PREVENT Horus from getting brainwashed, but guess who stopped him?

Tzeentch is literally stated to have the power of viewing all the thoughts and ideas in the universe as a Chaos god, in effect, as a psychic construct and reflection of an aspect of life, it's also a dataminer, and he's the god of change, but here's the thing, despite this, if it's a god of change, wouldn't that almost mean Tzeentch CANNOT remain in it's position as a chaos god, because stagnation and static existence is Nurgle's sphere?

Oh wait, this explains everything, Tzeentch is trying to become SOMETHING ELSE, and this then explains the- "Chaos's aim is to merge the Materium with the Immaterium." It's actually just one of the ways that Tzeentch can escape static karma from catching up to it, by no longer remaining a psychic entity. This is then, backed up by the fact that Tzeentch, having surely been around when H.P Lovecraft wrote his novels, notably has a greater Daemon that is written up with a sampled quote from the horror writers works, and this greater daemon, is effectively Nyralathotep in all but name. You know the Shadows in the warp, and other anomalies that don't make sense in context to the current racial roster of 40k'sunderstanding? All from creatures with, essentially biologically superior traits fit to resist and combat the warp, which is the realm of souls sent completely off it's rocker, it's change and evolution, and tzeentch Recognizes that there is a series of concepts higher than itself, an ongoing theory on Tyranid Origins attributes them to be little more than a minor probe of a greater biological entity, and even despite proof on this, it is something Tzeentch would have picked up upon.

In effect, Tzeentch is the drive of the actions of the four, and has every intention of betraying them to possibly leave the immaterium in a state that compliments what it is, which is pretty much a Great Old one. I should also note that the betrayal of the Iron-men is most likely the resut of Tzeentch easiyl corrupting them, for whilst they were sentient, they had no souls, and were as easy to mould as clay for it's efforts, yet Tzeentch has a dedicated once-human Greater Daemon for the purpose of corrupting machines alone. It's probable that Tzeentch wanted the constructs for it's own use, AKA the possible construction of a vessel to possess. Slaanesh for example, has a purposed vessel to ride about in to fuck Fulgrim, Tzeentch literally is on a time limit before Nurgle wins it out.

In fact, Tzeentch's individuality is also shown with it's actions when it broke it's staff, and when it threw it's Lorfs of change into that one well because it was UNWILLING to sacrifice itself for the power that Kairos later received through going through it, Tzeentch literally has shown it's own self-serfving nature.

Oh and lastly, why do you think Lorgar is all kept pent up in a palace, 'Meditating on the true nature of Chaos' An impossible feat essentially after the Horus Heresy ended? Because Lorgar is the key to Tzeentch's master plan being unraveled, Lorgar, gaining any knowledge of the now defunct 5th Chaos god is now secured by the Daemon Primarchs now-blind faith, and is none the wiser, living in effectively, self-imposed house arrest.

Hell, it's also the explanation about why still-living cultists to chaos and those enslaved and force to worship through torture, via mass prayer and whipping are present, there is an ever constant need for the ruinous powers to expand for them to do anything, in order to gain opportunity and actual progress over what Malal would have undone, had the Heresy granted it any sort of spotlight.

Hell, even though the Chaos gods are supposed to be reflections of the Materium as constructs of concepts of life, the Horus Heresy and the birth of Slaanesh have set them into over-the top overdrive, Khorne's other aspects of Honour and such are almost non-existant now, probably due to the influence of the World bearer's and those who followed their actions in suit.

What a Devilish little bugger Tzeentch is, lying to Magnus about the Emperor making a chaos god of disbelief, when it already existed, to further subvert it's own ambition, fucking it's rivals over through their influential followers and setting itself up for a higher state of existence at the same time whilst ensuring nothing could possibly link anyone to such a goal through the destruction of human civilization at the behedst of the age of Strife to prevent any reference to the higher set of concepts only the like of lovecraftian fiction could offer.

>Not choosing the sublime glory of the Primoridal Truth.
Chaos Undivided for life.

Khorne

Best waifus (Tzeentch is a close second), is all about strength determining who's in charge, and (depending on your fluff) has somewhat of an honor code in combat. You'd be basically be surrounded by bros like Kharn and tomboys for the rare few females.

>Not lifting for the Blood God
never gonna make it

That helmet decoration makes it look like he has a dong embedded in his head.

Slaanesh

Every other god only cares that you do what they want you to do

Slaanesh both cares about and is empowered by your own desires and feelings while doing what it wants you to do

It's almost impossible to truly fail your loving and lewd liege when serving Slaanesh

The only way to fail is to get complacent with what you've accomplished. You have to be the worst exaggeration of hedonism to impress it, and you have to double down on THAT to keep it interested

None, the clear best option is to make Chaos serve you, regardless of gods.

Undivided, unbroken and unbowed.

Iron Within, Iron Without!

Slaanesh, obviously.

I accept this greatest of duties

Slaanesh by far the best

I feel like a lot of you fa/tg/uys say that, but don't realise it's going to quickly turn from "bang this hot chick" to "get pegged by your own grandfather, while drinking goat urine"

Yeah, but I'm gonna enjoy either.

Horned Rat

nurgle
being comfy is the best

All of the Chaos Gods turn you into degenerate monsters who will happily commit genocide and kill people for fun. Slaanesh is the one Chaos God that will completely obliterate your conscience so you will never realize the wrongness of your actions. Therefore I choose blissful ignorance of my evil over all the other offers.

Reading this made me realize; why didn't Tzeentch pick the Alpha Legion as his trophy instead of the Thousand Sons? They fit his 'constant scheming and plotting' stick better, which seems to be more important to him then being a sorcerer which he appreciates but can live without.

>muh morality

khorne. he has something he wants, and he does it. he doesn't let anything get in his way. that pure desire, indiscriminate of all other variables, is admirable.

Alpha Legion is loyal.

To the Alpha Legion.

I hate the idea of other Chaos God existence beyond those of the main four (and Malal who will always be canon in my heart) but I have to agree that Hashut is the only one that favors all the things I like. Shame he has a thing for Dwarfs.

And therefore not to Tzeentch.

Tzeentch doesn't care if you follow his will either, and doesn't care about your "faith" in him, only what you want to do in life.

I'm gonna get a mark of Nurgle fidget spinner made. Custom

The Emperor
youtube.com/watch?v=pIEDO9DJvM8

> I mean, are we to believe that across the scope of the galaxy, the dominant emotions are angry, horny, wizard and AIDS?

well, yeah actually. Eros and Thanos, sex and death, are what is said to drive humanity in everything they do.

A god that represents death through violence

A god that represents death through disease

A god that represents getting what you want with careful planning, aka getting that puss

A god of sex and excess, just doing shit that gives you pleasure.

seems legit to me to be honest

Tzeentch. Most variety in types of worshipers. Best color scheme. Cooler mutants. Pretty neat daemons.

>get dubba dubs
>one set of dubs is 9s
>Tzeentch's sacred number is 9

wew

>There are nine traitor legions
>Tzeentch's sacred number is nine
WHOA

There is only One God. One above all false gods.

That's a unique rendition of Nurgle; shriveled and dry rather than puss filled and bloated.

The Thousand Sons are tools to Tzeentch. Every member is either a sorcerer bound to him whether they know it or not and the rest are mindless automatons.

The Alpha Legion still has free will.

Hey guys can I be in this thread

I don't know; I'm not familiar with you.
Tell me, what do you do? What are your domains?

fuck-fuck all the other gods

>That file name.
I'm guessing this guy is an important figure in Warhammer fantasy.

The Horned Rat is the god of all skavenkind.

Here's what his greater daemons look like.

well now, that's just silly

Why he's the god of scheming and diseases of course. GW has already replaced the redundant slaanesh with him in fantasy/AoS, and it's only a matter of time before they do the same necessary pruning and restructuring of redundancy with 40k.

That's dumb.

Yeah, well fuck-fuck you, man-things.

Khorne is cool, just a bit overdone.

He's consistently ended up stealing the spotlight in (almost) every major 40k videogame. The only exceptions i can think off are Ulkair in chaos rising, and even then khorne ends up taking the spotlight, and the tau videogame where the villain is a greater daemon of tzeentch.