Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1602: Tyranids in Pyramids Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6BXEK-kI6k
youtu.be/KIoglhtaPDk
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53826674/#53828239
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53826674/#53828495
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are the Necrons in their nests or something?

I love you, fuckers.

>Cropped in exactly the same way
Get your own smug!

This fucking cat!

Like I was saying last thread, Can't wait to get my hover carrier

Stop polluting the board.

Why is everything cats?

This is still Veeky Forums, Nu.

Is the Giants' Blood merit a good capstone for a Grog?

youtube.com/watch?v=_6BXEK-kI6k

I don't know, but if you see that cat one more time, you know what to do.

Dunno, but I'll roll with it.

Cats are the best.

youtu.be/KIoglhtaPDk

is there a list of all the drink an d food items ic jumpchain?

Jump # 163 Hitman Reborn
Starting Location: Kokuyo Land
Starting Age: 17
Background: Student (100)
Flame powers: Sun, Rain
Perks:
*Hit the books (0)
*I can fix it (150, Discount)
*Combat Reflexes (100)
*Connections (100)
Equipment
*Dying Will Bullet (300)
*Futuristic Phone (50, Discount)
*Flame Radar (200)

(So I tried to watch the show but it was really really bad so… I don’t know what I am doing)

Hey it’s not a martial arts based world for once. Well at least it’s a change of pace.

So we wound up in a run down, nearly abandoned amusement park. At night. This led me to believe this as an entirely different kind of jump and when thugs started to jump us…. I was a bit more forceful than I might otherwise have been.

My companions and I pulverized all the thugs but I was a bit disappointed to find out they were just thugs and not some monsters.

I felt a little silly so we just chased off the thugs. I decided since I didn’t really have any goals in the world I decided to buy the amusement park and fix it up.

I started building jumper tech to have amusement rides that sent people through time, in to outer space and all sorts of crazy things that only jumpers could do.

I started making money hand over fist because of my insane rides and I was approached by the mafia who explained they ran everything and they wanted their cut (or else bad stuff was going to happen) that began my war against the mafia… they actually sent little kids to kill me. Anyways I fought them off and forced the mafia to agree to a noninterference policy.

Alrighty then, cat thread it is.

Well I prefer dogs, but I don't have any anime dog gird that is sfw.

The fucking ending

>Get your own smug!

No, I steal this one from /a/

So, I stumbled upon some of this shit on SB for the Marvel jumpchain.

>Power Cosmic
Kinesis + Energy + Toughness + Strength x3 + Body + Elasticity + Flight + Shapeshifting + Teleportation
You can manipulate energy and matter, in a variety of ways only limited by your skill and understanding of the physics and metaphysics. This includes massively enhancing your physical and mental abilities, transmutation, sub-light and FTL flight, teleportation, energy blasts, matter disintegration and force field generation.

Looks like bullshit, but I dunno.

What are you talking about?

>I don't have any anime dog gird that is sfw.
What about dog-like gun?

It's super bullshit. "Limited only by skill and understanding" would take a lot more than Strength x3.

Someone literally shitposted a few of those at Marvel user, and he offered a few reasons why they weren't valid.

Hang on, gimme a moment...

predictably stupid

Ursine is playing a very liberal creative mode. I wouldn't interpret it as such, but if he wants to imagine his single player fantasy game like that then cool.
I claimed Ars Magica last thread, the Grog is my Drop-In origin.

Here:

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53826674/#53828239
>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53826674/#53828495

Ursine's a complete knob-end. Best to disregard him entirely.

What do you name a shadowy government sanctioned paramilitary group dedicated to capturing mutants, exploiting and researching their powers, and assigning bounties on dangerous or useful parahumans?

>So, I stumbled upon some of this shit on SB...etc.

That's the major problem.

Eh, he's sometimes alright. But his wanking of perk descriptions and interactions is the worst. But otherwise he's better than some.

Canada

I have been thinking, and the angry user from a couple of threads back was right.
I won't be working on anything until I get a 'decent' jump for Log Horizon and The World God Only knows

Also:

>this shit on SB

I wasn't expecting this from you Manyfist.
But for some reason I'm not surprised.

Who else thinks Ricrod has a nice rack?

Hard Rock Opera Purity Pebbles, for they are the cornerstone of humanity, crushing mutants and drowning out the siren song lie of peace with their rebel yell. It won't be over till the fat lady (codename of their leader) sings.

To head off further discussion of MGE, I'd like to point out this:
I only brought it up since the topic was mentioned and I wanted to make sure other people potentially working on a jump for that knew my plan.

Now, then, I'd much rather discuss a setting I truly like: Bone.

I'm going to move things down from 800 CP; I made this jump a while back, and I forgot to change it once I started to realize that 800 CP purchases are over the top.

Prayer Stones: You really think it should be that cheap? I thought it was a pretty powerful thing to purchase, but I'll see if I can lower it.

Airship: I've attached an image of the airship to give you the approximate scale. I tend to have trouble describing the size of things, so how do you think I should describe the size? Unfortunately, I don't know much more about it, since it appeared in the sequel series, which I have not been able to find and read.

Wheel of Fortune- Okay, I'll see about moving it up a notch at least. I kind of thought it was less powerful than the current capstone, though.

Veni Yan Cari- Yeah, that's a tricky thing to mess with. The descriptions we get about what it actually does is kind of vague, so I tried to give the best explanation I could. And with the power level being so high, yet being a critical part of the royal set, I wasn't sure how to set up the pricing; I tried to make the other Dreaming perks prerequisites so it would be harder to obtain it.

The reason the Drop-In is missing item levels is because I had trouble coming up with enough items for that background. I'm going to add in the comics for Bone as the 200 CP purchase, and boot the Scythe up to 400 maybe, so that leaves one more item to add.

Crown of Horns sounds neat, but the trouble is that we really never learn much about that legendary artifact, so it's kind of hard to make an item out of it. A locust-summoning item might work, but I'll need to think about it.

SBers are literally retarded. They think, "Hurr I'm paying a lot of CP, so obviously this option doesn't have to make sense within the context of the jump." Ignoring the fact that the jump itself straight up destroys that "combo" on several levels:

>You can stack additional (even duplicate) modifiers, but with a strong factor of diminishing returns. No,
picking Toughness 10 times won’t make you invulnerable.
>Kinesis is a sliding scale; the more common the thing you’re affecting is, the weaker your control of it will be.

I mean, ffs, it's like they're completely illiterate. And no one pointed this out to them.

Given how you shitpost for fun, you don't really have any legs to stand on with this SB defence stuff.

Do the Skills from the Fate Servant Supplement do the same stuff that they do in the anime? (inquiring due to differences between the supplement and the wiki)

It's literally just Ursine in this shit though.

Trying to get him to have reading comprehension is literally like trying to teach an old person how to use a computer.

Generally they should. The supplement hasn't been updated in a bit, which is probably why there are differences.

Human Resources.

"I was talking to Bob down in Human Resources, and he wants me to head to Houston to headhunt an interesting prospect."

It's not, though. Quite a few of them use it. Even Brellin, and he's probably one of the top 3 most reasonable people in that community (albeit, stubborn sometimes).

From what I can tell, not everyone at SB is happy with his Marvel jump either.

You don't. You mostly hire mercenary groups and channel funding through co-opted shell corporations belonging to legit businesses that you've somehow gotten to not ask questions. And you just keep things organized through a single administrator listed under expenses as Mr. Smith.

>parahumans
Just stop. Call it like it is, no need for pretentious naming schemes.

>Brellin
>Reasonable

We both read two different posters then.

> It's super bullshit. "Limited only by skill and understanding" would take a lot more than Strength x3.

Yeah, that's why I asked. It greatly exceeds any legal Power Combination MarvelAnon made in his supplement.

Thank you user.

Brellin has also used the jump for Familiar of Zero, while simultaneously pointing out considerable flaws in its design.

Point is, given that there tends to be a rule of one jump per setting, and since Marvel is a very popular franchise, a number of people would still make builds for the jump document that exists, even if they disagree about its design choices.

>obligatory manga is better
Seriously though, it is. The anime also doesn't have the last two arcs, where shit went full shounen.

You read a different post from the one you're responding to as well. He didn't say reasonable. He said 'one of the top 3 most reasonable in that community'. There's a big difference between saying someone is reasonable and saying they're the most reasonable one of a bunch of stubborn assholes.

Imagine what that says about the others...

But in all seriousness, he's pretty reasonable, with some brief bouts of batshit insanity.

SB and reasonable don't belong in the same sentence. There isn't a single reasonable person over there

Somehow I am not surprised. The anime I hear gets better after a while I just didn't have the patience for it. I am not surprised the manga is better.

"Possibly mutated people whose powers appear to be genetically transferred, but we have no idea by what mechanism they work, or any reliable methods of determining mutants from the general population via any DNA or physiological testing, so we're not 100% convinced the weird abilities displayed aren't something completely different" is kind of a mouthful.

Smart, but the group in question was created partially as a political maneuver so that the government could be seen as DOING SOMETHING (won't somebody think of the children?!), and in their haste gave the group broad powers beyond what was needed to get the job done.
Oh,maybe I'll just call them Homeland Security.

In that case, the Aristocrats.

I'd say *most* of the people on SB are fairly reasonable. Honestly, it's a lot like Veeky Forums I'd say. You're gonna have fucking retards and reasonable people. They're mostly okay.

>Mostly okay
Provided you can ignore the community differences, sure. If not, then the majority of them become assholes.

The majority of the cool SB people are already active presences in this thread anyway.

Are you asking hypothetically or in our chains? Because if it's the latter, "Darwin award candidates."

I feel bad about leaping on you like this, but I wanted to ask some quick questions, that I'm probably overthinking, about the various Mutation options in the Hero Academia jump.

Do the superficial and quirk-based mutations count as alt-forms in any way, or do we have to figure something out if we don't want purple skin in future jumps?

Do we have relative freedom in choosing how mutation quirks affect our appearance, provided it makes sense and we follow the text of the quirk? I.E., could someone who was making a build with Fiber Body choose to look completely normal when not using their power, choose to just have weird irises and rainbow hair, or choose to look like Yarny?

I apologize profusely if the answers are in the document and I just overlooked them.

Yeah, true. The two communities are pretty different. They put a big fucking emphasis on these challengers they make. Mostly just an excuse to give themselves like 3,000+ CP.

So what jumps are in the works right now?

Huge Jerks or Fools depending on how competent they are

5D's. Still working on it, but I've been busy preparing for an exam. Just letting people know I'm alive.

Your description of it being "shadowy" made me think it was actually supposed to be clandestine, hence "Human Resources" because you can say it without raising red flags.

If it's an actual known agency using shady practices, "Department of Super-Human Investigation and Tracking."

The fact that others might refer to it as the SHIT department is purely coincidental.

Bane Trilogy. I believe in you FUAnon!

Something that sounds serious, but has an acronym that spells out a word like F.A.R.T.

Yugioh 5ds?

Yeah.

Well, I've been working on a jump for Bone, but it looks like I'm going to need to make a number of changes:

Ars Magica and I'm hoping to claim Arena/Daggerfall afterwards.

When it comes out, I'm going to judge its quality based on how much "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!" spam it causes.

why killzone of course

Hydra. Just because no one will see it coming.

All jumps of interest to me. Know that we are watching... Always.

CREEPY PARANOID ADVERTISING SPACE FOR LEASE

You're not leaping on me about anything, and I don't believe context answers like this are in the document.

First of all, people can choose whether or not they wish to count a body gained in Hero Academia with all the mutations it may have as an alt.form or part of their base form. I don't see anything wrong with either choice.

Second of all, as long as you're being reasonable about it and sticking to the mechanics, extending freedom to how a Quirk is fluffed out and manifests is just fine with me. Go right ahead.

>both of those
That's really great, user. The hype is real.

Anything interesting that i missed over the last... seven threads?

I hope I don't disappoint. I've been working on the former for a while, but I might need some feedback on my design decisions.

Look at all this SB racism, man. Do you really want to continue making jumps for this community?

QQ, SB... Those both have solid jumpchain threads. They're certainly more deserving of your efforts.

There was a Black Crusade WIP and a few complete smaller jumps? NES Pack and Facorio, I believe? Otherwise, just the usual.

If you consider shitposting to be interesting, yes.

Otherwise, mostly just Cataquack producing more stuff and a lot of nothing besides.

Shut the fuck up user. Don't start shit.

>Arena/Daggerfall

This pleases me. Hopefully you'll put in an option to become the Eternal Champion and The Agent.

Thinking about it that would also allow us to become the hero of every main Elder Scrolls game which would be fun.

If you love it there then leave and never return, you parasite.

Is it possible to companion another servant besides the initial one in the fate jumps?

Would a blue feather work as an example?

>trying to convince a SBer not to make jumps here
how new r u?

Ya'll already start shit on a threadly basis.

So how would Daggerfall work with the Warp in the West? Would all your actions regarding Numidium be canon as well as all the game endings be canon by default, have your actions be canon by default (disregarding game endings) unless you take an appropriately named drawback, or what?

Also (imo) they should both have some sort of "randomly generated terrain/locations/etc" drawback, with Arena's having an upgrade to it that also keeps you from going from one city/town to another on foot.

>Would all your actions regarding Numidium be canon as well as all the game endings be canon by default
Well that IS the canon ending of the game.

I assume it'd be possible with that or a pod. Though as i think most of the grail wars end in a week you'd have to get them to break their contract with their master before it ends or they'd likely dispensary.

>Arena/Daggerfall
Cool. No offense to CCDT, but the current jumps feel a bit sparse compared to their source material.

That was supposed to be disappear.

A jump that's still a WIP but jumpable, called Brother's Price. Its about a world where male to female ratio is like 1:25. So males are kept secret & marrying entire family of sisters is the norm. That's if you're not sold to sex slavery, where they pump you full of drugs & you fuck until you die of syphillis or OD on the drugs.

It was a comfy read about a landed gentry rescuing a Princess, getting hitched to the Princess & her 9 sisters. While protecting his virginity from thirsty women including incestous nobles who want his D for the throne.

Not if it's Assassin.

What do assassins have to do with clinics?

The whole reason it's remembered as the Warp in the West is that all of the endings were true.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go plot how to raise Orsinium to the same autonomy as the rest of the provinces, rather than remaining part of High Rock.

Ah, thanks. I like the jump by the way, though I don't have a build yet because I'm stuck on picking a quirk.

Thank you, good luck picking something out that you like.

...what?