We discover aliens

>We discover aliens.
>After first contacts, we discover that we are very weak in comparison.

How would we react?

Considering we are not a hivemind, we would react very differently, person to person. Essentially the entire spectrum of results.

>>After first contacts, we discover that we are very weak in comparison.
destroy them all and take their stuff
or enslave them but ready to kill at first sign of trouble

Poorly

Mostly a mixture of fear and impotent rage, probably.

Try to seduce alien musclegirls, with probably limited success.

Always knew Humans are manlets on a galactic scale

>How would we react?

by flying backward into the air and turning into an irradiated cloud of red mist, a common reaction to meeting the vorxion hyper army

Tell those space niggers to fuck off to the moon

>We

Negroes will sell their own as slaves to them, then go seek welfare and shit their place up.
Asians will start producing cheap toys and clothes for them.
Jews will offer their banking and moviemaking expertise to them.
Arabs will probably also go seek welfare, try to change their laws and customs and blow themselves up when not listened to.

I was answering assuming OP meant generally, not just in terms of muscle mass.

If it's just muscles, it would probably be slightly more potent rage, but probably only about as potent as theirs. Crashing into planets at significant fractions of c is a hell of a drug.

Immediately give this new species a reason to exterminate us from the galaxy through sheer human stupidity.

we attack them

>we discover that we are very weak in comparison
please elaborate.

are we talking physically weaker, technologically weaker, philosophically/ mentally weaker?

as far as reaction there is a wide array of ways we could react and it would all depend on what the aliens do.

WE NEED MORE DETAIL!

Ally with an army of malcontents amongst the aliens, destabilize their command with a series of guerilla strikes then support a pro human leader after assassinating the old one... wait thats what we do too weaker civilizations. We become hyper nationalist and ramp up our military budget and start "asking" the aliens for things until we are too strong and numerous for them to defeat!

The average size for alien life, based off our only currently observable biosphere, would a roughly equivilent with a polar bear. So yeah, we're probably not going to HFY'ing our way across the galaxy with brawn alone.

Ramping up the military would be pointless, an interstellar-capable species would be so far beyond us there isn't even a comparison. People like to use 'Spanish landing in South America' but really it'd be more like a modern US Navy carrier group being sent back in time 10,000 years and the local tribe of spear-chuckers trying to declare war on them for stealing their bananas.

Sauce?

Fookin prawns.

Fookin laser sights.

>we discover that we are very weak in comparison
We would make up some handwavy shit about how we are "unique" and "creative" free spirits, and the aliens are dumb conformist drones.

The same way many people react to being inferior to their human peers.

The more important question is can we fuck them?

find what they need: become useful. introduce SJWs to thei society and wait for them to collapse

>The average size for alien life, based off our only currently observable biosphere, would a roughly equivilent with a polar bear.

How would anyone come to such an arbitrary conclusion?
That doesn't make any sense- elaborate.

>We are very weak in comparison

That picture is a pretty poor example of what you are suggesting since if not for a huge conspiracy in the Covenant hierarchy we would have been "invited" to join them and many in the Covenant ranks quietly questioned wtf was going with wiping us out since we could have been a huge asset. And then there is also Forerunners massive series of fuck ups which left us behind in our development.

Send images of Sierra Leone to their media so alien soccer moms can cry about the poor defenseless earth-people. Migrate to alien land and live as a welfare leech.

Whore ourselves out to the ayy lmaos.

Become the trophy wife race of the great interstellar federation

Slowly begin to control their financial and scientific systems, take it all and pursue a younger and hotter alien race

HFY threads finally die, never to return again in all of human history to come.

God, its beautiful to imagine.

Only if you wear a powered exoskeleton.

>daily reminder that Earth is a high gravity world
I wish I saved the info so I could wow you all with the science, but someone explained this once and basically...

Earth is toward the upper end of planets where it's possible to achieve orbital flight with the use of conventional methods of rocketry. Meaning any lifeforms that evolve on a world that has a higher gravity than earth, are unlikely to ever make it off their planet without the aid of full-on sci-fi tech, which is important if we assume that the technology for the latter, if possible, is easier to develop by first having conventional rockets figured out.

Is this it?

>How would we react?
Weakly.

Thats a dumb assumption. You have an inherently arbitrary understanding of what a conventional rocket is. Higher gravity denizens would just use some other weapons to get into space, like a nuclear-steam launch. Its important to remember that a race adapted to higher gravity than us will likely be able to take higher G's than us. Launch procedures that would kill us dead would be normal for them.

We came up with a solution to our problem based on the circumstances we evolved in. Obviously that solution doesn't work as well if you change the variables on it, but that doesn't mean that no solution exists.

fpbp

This. We become Space Jews and gradually subvert the aliens.

I dunno, how does San Marino deal with Italy?

With a complete lack of surprise.

"We?" I have no idea. I know I'd support pretending to be friendly, though. Taking our rightful place as the pinnacle of creation can wait until -after- we've stolen enough of their technology and built up our forces enough to take them on.

I used that picture because it's a good example of an alien race exterminating a planet, no other reason.

Total lack of surprise? Seriously, how many movies or TV shows have aliens with a significant role which are weak? And even those few have compensating superpowers.

Hollywood has prepared us.

>>/pol

If we're very weak, all of the above.

Wouldn't the reaction be to throw NASA/ESA equivalent at it and figure it out, Even if they're 50 foot tall giant animal people?

Just the fact that there are confirmed Aliens would get people to sign up to go out there and EXPLORE

>contact with super hot giant aliens when

If aliens really were advanced enough to travel reasonably between solar systems then they would likely have technology they could fire from a system away, cause a catastrophic extinction level event from the impact, and then by the time they get there they could just exterminate whatever is left if anything.

We would literally never see them coming and that's why I hate and distrust all aliens

>casually trying to compare the ESA to NASA

All efforts begin to go toward military development until the problem is rectified.

>Welcome to Earth.
>If you come in peace, surrender.
>If you do not come in peace, we surrender.

10/10

I just think when there are real, noticeable differences can aliens really be aliens. Even if all they are is just big, it changes things.

Like, how different are their ships?
Can they have skyscrapers or do they have to build lower?

That's not enough info to base any kind of prediction on. Furthermore, your scenario is really weird and stupid. If they are more technologically advanced, then it is more likely they will discover us, not the other way around.

Their intentions matter too.

>WE discover THEM.

try and talk to them.

not everything's powerwank or the setup for a war. people are usually pretty alright, so I'll go ahead and assume that aliens are on average pretty alright too.

I'd tell the ayys to check these sick digits

This.

Furthermore, it's not like conventional rocketry is the end-all be-all of space travel. Other races may need to be stuck on the ground for longer than us, but I assume that anti-gravity field sci-fi bullshit or whatever the fuck would be a great equalizer.

This, these ayys would of course discover in their version of the early to mid 50's that conventional solid fuel or liquid fuel rockets would be worthless but at that period in their history they will also be developing nuclear power, nuclear thermal rockets, and pusher plate ships like Orion.
Various nuclear rockets could probably pull it off, and once you get industrial graphene or nanotube manufacturing megastructures like skyhooks and space elevators become trivial as such material science leaps would likely coincide with a switchover to fission or even fusion based nuclear power. These, along with enough dedication to complete projects would easily bring even heavy-planet ayys space travel for exceptionally low cost.

>he's never met an alien polar bear

>"if the Earth's gravity were just a little bit higher"

Actually 50% higher according to NASA, which is fucking huge difference and rocky planets are plentiful in that size range, but let's pretend the Earth is "just right" in an HFY-fueled attempt at self-aggrandizement.

>Did you know that if the Earth was 1 mile closer to the Sun, we'd all burn to death, and that the average person unknowingly swallows an average of seven spiders every hour? Whoah, we're literally worse than Catachan. Fuck yeah!

I wonder if that means there are Dinosaur+ sized aliens out there.

I like the idea of there being some massive, oversized T-Rex philosopher

We leave those poor bastard heavy worlders behind whilst we explore the stars; after all, if we discovered them, they're really only likely to be stronger physically.

>We win anyway