One off idea thread

One off idea thread
>Local cannibal cult only eats wizards
>Entire village is held up by a single person
>Kobolds build Vietnam tunnels throughout local villages
>Dragonborn monk sits in the middle of town, refuses to move, eat and drink until he reaches nirvana
>Village chieftain turns out to a Polymorphed Dragon that likes to LARP as a human

The first one implies a high-magic setting and I'm no fan of those.

>The evil overlord is immortal - he was killed over and over again, and always seems to return in a few hours
>Turns out, the overlord is not even human. Or sentient.
>It's a Helmed Horror, controlled by his unassuming court bard, the true mastermind behind the empire.

>That pic related

Best sex I ever had.

Cool.

Here's your (you)

>dwarves live under the mountains
>not because they're miners, but because they dug in to escape the end of the world
>as far as they know the surface world has been uninhabitable wasteland for centuries
>every now and then a dwarf colony resurfaces and discovers that the world is just fine
>they're all isolated from each other so this keeps happening every couple of years and the other races are used to, and a bit tired of, explaining to them that the apocalypse never happened

>Village chieftain turns out to a Polymorphed Dragon that likes to LARP as a human
That happened to me once.

Sounds like gurren lagann

Nice. I'll steal that.

A kobold goes on a quest to evolve into a higher form of dragon. First, Dragonborn. Then Drake, then an actual dragon.

The dwarves dug their underground mountain halls seeking refuge from a coming apocalypse. They just got the date wrong by a few centuries... Say, what year is it again?

>big fuckoff meteor falls in 3 months' time
>at first, just a red glowing star in a spot where no star should be
>as it gets closer, the seas evaporate, plains turn into deserts, conflicts erupt.

>D&D monsters are pokemon/digimon
>they evolve to bigger forms

Kobold > Dragonborn > Wyvern > Dragon
Goblin > Hobgoblin > Orc > Ogre

etc so forth

This also solves the problem of always evil orc babies. They don't exist, every orc you see is just a goblin who successfully robbed and murdered enough weak prey.

>1. Party must go behind enemy lines and sabotage or steal plans for a super-weapon in a pulp setting.
> [Optional] Superweapon is a boss for the end of the one-off.
>2. Local priest had children with a whore but in his shame killed her when she said she would tell others. She was with child and his unborn children haunt him, leading the party to uncover his dark secrets.
>Strange town where everyone is named jimmy after the village's founder. They hold wrestling competitions every weekend.

>Undead paladin still has powers because he doesn't understsand that he's undead

Welp, I have my next setting. Any ideas for other evolution lines?

Dwarf > Human > Giant > Titan
Elf > Elf > Elf > Elf

I've been doing the evolving thing for years. I have several stages of Warg, the goblin>orc>ogre thing. I've been tryimg to justify a cockatrice turning into a Basilisk. My other plan is having a basilisk be a juvenile form of a medusa, and eventually it sheds its skin and a snek lady pops out.

Actually, to be a little more serious
Fairy > Knife-Eared halfling > Elf > ???

I disagree. The first one is even more amusing in a setting without magic at all.

Elf is like Eevee. The basic elf can evolve to 7 freaking different types of elves and more just keep being discovered

>Night Elf
>Dark Elf
>Wood Elf
>High Elf
>Sea Elf
>Snow Elf
>Elven Elf
>Eleven Elf
>Twelve Elf
And so forth.

I had this happen in the history of my setting, but all the dwarfs came back up centuries ago at the when the prophecies said the surface would be safe again.

>A trickster does some parlor tricks to convince the locals that he is a powerful sorcerer.
>He gets bum-rushed by local cannibal cult.
>The Town goes about their business as if nothing happened.

>Elf>Elf>Elf>Elf
Alright i laughed.

I like Basilisk > Medusa. Makes Medusas kind of scrarier; they're the powerful final evolution of an already scary monster.

>Fire Elf
>Storm Elf
>Angry Elf
>Elf-On-The-Half-Shell

This seals it. I guess I'll start world building. Maybe post a doc in a few weeks?

>the resident not!Catholicism order is actually well-meaning and isn't significantly corrupt

Sounds like Paranoia + Earthdawn.

>space cruise ship is boarded by long-dead commandos strapped into semi-autonomous power armor
>power armor automatically seizes control of main engineering, the bridge, and the main computer core
>proceeds to wait for further input from long-dead pilots
>party of random space civilians on holiday must retake control of the ship before the ship is sucked into the system's star

>Within a few years, the number of con artists in the realm is down to critical levels.

>Elven Elf
>Eleven Elf

I feel stupid for chuckling

Bump

Does that mean orcs birth goblin babies?

>Altruist Elves
>Bawdy Elves
>Boring Elves
>Eager Elves
>Hardcore Elves
>High Elves
>Hoe Elves
>House Elves
>Hungry Elves
>Jam Elves
>Juggle Elves
>Junk Elves