>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4niSlv71M
youtu.be/0qjSZFfNUX4
youtu.be/tTiwtwn9HM8
youtu.be/pZF2AwLr4MM
moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.com/2014/03/step-by-step-splinter-pattern-camouflage.html?m=1
amzn.eu/dDGibae
youtube.com/watch?v=RrueWHvf7QM
youtube.com/watch?v=lpSVZiYLuPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Johnny for the WIP thread.

Hopelessly reposting!

What do you guys do for terrain? Any cool builds you want to share? Saving for a house=gaming on a budget, still want a decent table. Any hints?

Do you have any theme for your table?
Because, if you're going for a desertic look, polyurethane rocks are really easy to make. Usually modelling threes are not very expensive too.

Probably a mixture of resist colored rock (think new mexico) and some broken down buildings. Maybe like a wrecked area51 kinda feel

Buy a square of pink or blue insulation foam. A 2x2 square is cheap and will net you enough for a decent amount of LoS blocking hills/cliffs.

The rest can be done with spare containers, corrugated card, cereal boxes, etc.

Death Guard work in progress.

I did a few things like attach a fly swarm from the Maggoth kit onto the back of one guy, and painted a tank of slime on another.

Plus I clipped down a fair few bones and tentacles, and did a greenstuff head out of an old venerable dreadnought head.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4niSlv71M

What do you think of this video /wip/?

Some terrain I've made out of styrox. Statue is still very much wip, currently black undercoated.

If I take that off would you die?

Love your paint job btw, that little streak of leaking green fluid is very well thought

Just started my Tau army, and no matter how hard I try I can't get a smooth basecoat without brushmarks with grey. I'm thinning the hell out of my paints and using a wet pallette, what am I doing wrong?

How many coats you've painted there?

Do you cover those in something or is that just paint? I have lots of Styrofoam and have access to some foam insulation pretty easily. How do you paint it spraypaint? Model paint? Just some cheap acrylic?

I'm going to convert my command barge overlord into imotekh but I've never touched green stuff before

Am I madman?

I feel the flies are the wrong colour. They clash a bit with the golds, browns, greens etc

Maybe a green or brown wash on them?

She seems nice and has a cute voice desu

I'm building a Sternguard squad with the hooded heads from the DA Company Vets set, the cloaks and tacticool vests from Anvil, and the rest of the bits from the Sternguard and Tac Marine sets, respectively. Planning on giving all the cloth a sort of digital-camo like pattern with various greys and blues, but I'm having trouble deciding on a color scheme for the squad.

Chapter colors are Kantor Blue/gunmetal highlights, but since these guys are tacticool I'm thinking about making the highlights light grey instead. Thoughts?

Oh, and how do I do a camo pattern? Kind of clueless about that.

Be careful if you're planning to do it with primaris, those torsos and capes are not going to fit.
Also, go easy with camo: if it works too well, your miniatures are going to look like grey splotches of indistinct forms on the table (which is usually the purpose of the camo).
Grey highlights may work, yeah

I used some akvidyl(?) paint and mixed sand into it. It gives a nice plastered look. Here's a closer look of one of the pieces

Oh yeah dont spraypaint them, it melts them away. Use brush

Dude, this looks like the side of my house. In a bad way. You should have tried to smear it on a bit smoother.
(If this was as smooth as you could get it, I'm sorry)

are you the one doing the poxwalkers, and the 30k DG destroyers?

if so can you take closeups of all the bareheaded modes you do? they're horrifying (in the good way).

The flies reminded me to reinstall Shivering Isles.

That tank on the grenadier is really cool too.

Are deathwatch marines primaris sized or not?

No. Deathwatch are the same scale as the Rubric.

Its fine. My main motivation was to get as much dona in a smallest amount time possible. Took only roughly 1 hour to plaster all the stryrofoam terrain.

And I personally like them and they serve their purpose so that is all that matters

Based, varnished. Some highlights a bit thicc but fuck it at this point.

REEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee
Are the guys at GW retarded?

Very nice. May want to go a bit icier on the claw.

the "muh trooscale" virus is terminal, unfortunately

Why couldn't they wait a bit and release them all in the new scale? FUCK

just wait until we see the primaris devastators and terminators

I just wanted a coherent, beautiful army to start this new edition with. Now I have marines, chubby marines and manlets.

No, seriously, I want to do camo. Tutorial plz?

(I hear that to do digital camo you should
>1. paint as many parallel thin lines on the surface as possible,
>2. then immediately go 90% and paint more parallel thin lines in another color.
>3. After that, you then touch it up with yet another color.)

Thoughts?

youtu.be/0qjSZFfNUX4
youtu.be/tTiwtwn9HM8
youtu.be/pZF2AwLr4MM

Just type
>how to paint X on miniatures
in YouTube/Google and you'll get more detailed tutorials than anyone will give here.

Digital is too modern for 40k (for Imperials anyway; makes more sense for Tau). Splinter's easier to pull off (an airbrush and some tape makes it ridiculously easy).
moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.com/2014/03/step-by-step-splinter-pattern-camouflage.html?m=1

Hey /wip/, need a bit of advice. I want to make a wet palette and have everything I need but the baking/parchment paper. I've tested what I have at home by placing it over a sponge and pouring water on then waiting a minute. After a minute, sponge was still dry so that seems like a bust.
Can you guys recommend appropriate stuff to use from amazon so I can just order it in? Not done this before so really not sure what specific ones will work.

Not mine, but I got to see a Warlord titan wip in Florida over the weekend. Posting for inspiration!

Those inner edge highlights are really not working out at that scale.

just finished something i was working on this evening and thought i'd share here. keen to hear any constructive criticism.

Why would you order it from Amazon? Almost every grocery store in the union sells the stuff.

2 too many

Because local supermarket only sells two or three types and they all are 'greaseproof baking paper' with no differentiation. So I assume they're all the same as this. At least with Amazon if someone says 'oh, get brand one' I don't have the issue of 'oh wait that's america-only, sorry'.

would it be a bad thing to do a Valkyrie in an Admech scheme?

you wet the sponge then put the paper on top, or what am I missing?

Some baking paper is basically impermeable to the water, like the stuff I tried. Sponge was bone dry when I tested by placing it under the paper then pouring water on, so unless there's something odd going on that should mean the water wouldn't get through from the sponge to the paint if I wet the sponge.

Don't really know what I'm talking about, but from what I've seen you want baking parchment, not greaseproof paper.

amzn.eu/dDGibae

Should something like this work? As noted, genuinely clueless on this but it's parchment baking sheets so maybe? If anyone can give confirmation it'd be much appreciated. Hoping to get this ready before my paints arrive.

What's a quick way to paint the Sector Imperialus board with accompanying terrain? I'm half tempted to just use some spray cans to put some quick color on it.

It should do, but that's only going off the word "parchment". You can do as much yourself offline, which should be much cheaper.

I think Duncan made a tutorial on that

Annoyingly, only place nearby I could buy it I already checked and only found baking paper of same type that I have and tested. To get to next-nearest place that might sell it, it would cost 4 quid (!?) whilst that stuff is £5.45 with free delivery. You can see why i'd be happier just ordering that if it works since chances are decent it'd be equal price or less to order that.

youtube.com/watch?v=RrueWHvf7QM

Hopefully that helps, user.

Well congratulations on living in the middle of fucking nowhere. I sure hope the postie can find your house to deliver the benefits of civilisation. Enjoy your probably functional wet palette full of well water.

More that bus prices out here are absolutely atrocious. Although I do live in a place that's deceptively shit-hole so it's not far off anyway.

I bought "If You Care parchment baking paper" on Amazon and it works good. I think the roll was in the 4-6 dollar range, and after a year I've run through less than half

Oh, sweet, that's the one I checked. If that's the case, guess i'll order it. Thanks user. Worst comes to worst, I have parchment paper for baking so it's not as if it's not still useful.

I had the same problem with yellow and grey and sometimes red where I had thinned the paint too much (with water). It seemed like at some point the paint significantly changed properties. Not thinning as much actually solved my problem for all of these

Getting Primaris in the near future, deciding on a colour scheme:
1. Storm Wardens
2. Sons of Medusa Successor
3. Homebrew Chapter
4. Homebrew Chapter partially inspired by Atom.

>"NMM"
HOW DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG

Btw the chicken shit on the helmet was basically impatience, trying to use steel grey highlight to glaze the gold like a tool.

Please, will some brush wizard please help me to fix my game?

Those all look horrible. The Storm Wardens successors would look good with a more muted green and red.

3 looks like something done with EC geneseed.

Asked this in the /40kg/ but thought I'd ask again here

How would you boys create a larger Warboss? Warboss 'FernoMaw needs to be big and THICC.

Also how could I do him wreathed in fire? He likes fire.

Pic Completely related

The idea behind them was that Cawl experimented with the gene seed of the Traitor Legions as a testing bed for future generations, creating a chapter that combined all nine legion's seed and observing how they developed. As a result they're often stress-tested, flung into the harshest of war zones against the most heretical of foes to see if they would fall due to their nature or if their nurture prevented this fate.

So your warboss is an asshole

I'm gonna be super nitpicky here
>1. Storm Wardens
Needs change the armor plates on the hip to blue and also either the insets of the pads or the fists.
>2. Sons of Medusa Successor
Don't like the kneepads. Do them green or pick a neutral color like black.
>3. Homebrew Chapter
Same thing, not a fan of the kneepads. White or a neutral color.
Ideally you'd also only have on kneepad a different color to indicate company or whatever. Don't know how exactly that applies to the new guys though...
>4. Homebrew Chapter partially inspired by Atom.
If you do the lower legs and codpiece in yellow too it looks alright.
Not a fan of Atom though.

You realize if you run storm wardens you are obligated to field an honor guard with all relic blades?

>How would you boys create a larger Warboss?
Mega armor or nekkid?
Ghazkull is still the biggest stock ork in mega armor, but the assault on black reach and the other new plastic warboss with attack squig are bigger orks without armor. If you want to go even bigger use an Ogre models or something eqivalent. Just make sure they have a somewhat Gorilla like posture, when you make your pic.
>Also how could I do him wreathed in fire? He likes fire.
Don't. That's a terrible idea. But braiziers with fire and small gastanks or something like that on the back of his armor, but none of that super sajayin shit. Doesn't make any sense for the setting.
>Pic Completely related
No idea what that is.

I put ogryn arms on Frunt Admiral Chestbrah
Worked for me

Why do you think they tempt me so?

Id say Orks being assholes are the norm

Mega-Armoured, also
>but none of that super sajayin shit. Doesn't make any sense for the setting.
>Orks are known to be inherently psychic, making the things normally impossible, possible
>It's completely inconceivable that an Orks love of fire, combined with his newfound and uncontrollable psychic powers would manifest in such a way
K.

Girlyman conversion into a chaos lord, day 1.
I don't know what to do about wings, covering them will look terrible to me. Should i just cut them and use old Raptor engines instead? Maybe demon prince wings?
That looks rad!

whaaag energy does not work like that. There are things you can and can't explain away with it, but thar is just lazy.

For a mega nob you could check out the kromlech ones. They are quite a bit taller than Ghazzy.
Alternatively you could try to covert an AoS model.
May take a lot of elbow grease and plastic card to make it look right though.

Are you the fluff writer for Orks or just the fun police

If you want to be proper orky, have him literally set himself on fire. Like, some promethium and a match courtesy of a burna boy. He's just 'ard enough to power through it and be fine!
Because no seriously magical anime fire aura is not orky.

Been making some slight tweaks to my Nurgle Chariot, all I have left to do now is to find a suitable chain to act as reigns.
I'd definately go either old Raptor engines or Daemon Wings.

I'm not telling him not to do it, just saying I think it's a bad idea.

That said, there is kind of a precedent for something similar.
The legion of the Damned. They were said to have contracted an omnious 'warp disease' of some sort that makes them appear to be in flames in the old fluff. Though I don't know if they changed that explanation in the new codex.
It also had to do something with their geneseed since they were cursed founding. So only half applicable to ork physiology, but still better than whaaag energy imo.
Waagh energy was described as something more subtle than making stuff appear out of thin air as far as I recall.

Anyway, saying your warboss contracted a warp disease that already exists in the source material would make more sense to me than saying 'he thinks it's cool so it just happens', even if he doesn't have the geneseed for it.

The 'waaagh did it' is the same level of lazyness for an ork player as 'an inquisitor did it' for imperial players.

Aside from that, this is WIP. The point of being here is getting constructive feedback of some sort.
So here's a tutorial.

While I'm at it, what do you think of my WIP Nurgle Sorc. Lord in the top right photo in my previously posted collage/on the left in this picture?

He's made from a Skaven from the Plague Furnace model which I'm going to convert into a Warshrine of Nurgle. What sort of head do you think I should go with and are there any other things you think would be neat to include on him?

How do I into plasma coils?

Would white with blue on the coil peaks looks ok?

I just want them to look good with my limited skills and tools.

>What sort of head do you think I should go with and are there any other things you think would be neat to include on him?
Any man of rank in a nurgle army should have antlers imo.

If you want to do plasma coils, this might help you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=lpSVZiYLuPY

1 if the white was changed to silver. 3 if the white was changed to bone.

Just my personal taste but almost never like white.

I've employed the Dunk Plasma Coil Stratagem before but the same problem as other paint schemes was in this one. The coils are lit from within, ergo the brightest light should be in the recesses and the outermost edges should be the darkest.

Of course the darkest is still lit by a fucking sun/decklights so it'll be a bright blue.

Now that you say it I do have the head in the pic lying around. Seems like it would make a good fit with the rest of the robe. All I potentially need is to make some holes for the antlers.

Yeah, that'd look great.

Just finished gluing together a new 4x4 table.

The bridge is tall enough that fliers fly at bridge height.

>warboss infernomaw

I'm getting the impression he has burna' exhaust ports all over his armor, and has a kustom burna iron gob piece that spews flame whenever he yells "waaaagh!" or something.

Either way, Kromlech is your friend in this. Their orc warchief in juggernaut armor is massive, like size of a classic plastic dreadnought massive.

I am planning to paint the bridge brown, bottoms of the ravines brown, and the top of the hogher terrain green. I am going to make some trees and bunkers for the tops as well.

prime your fucking models

this looks like it'll be nice and light, but what's the durability like? in my experience eps is pretty easy to break - do you back and/or base it with another material, or just as-is?

>that gap on the helbrute

>that upside down base

Yeah, fuck it that's the best I'm gonna get.

Quick tip, Ceramite white, Baharroth Blue on the coils, then a blue glaze produces the Dunk effect 3 steps, 2 of which are brain dead easy.

I always imagined that they were like the coiled copper wire in a dynamo, and that each one was glowing in the center and dull towards its edges, like a heating element on an electric stove.

My army is almost done all I got left is to paint this banner and I wanted to take a shot at free handing some art rather than just painting a large symbol of some sorts

Any advice/guides on freehanding something like this?

My idea was to paint a space marine kneeling with the shadowy figure of a dreadnought standing behind and over him representing the chapters reverence towards becoming a dreadnought

Actually Deathwatch are slightly smaller than Rubrics.