How can we make Veeky Forums more /fitg/?

Most of the games we play are the exact opposite of meaningful exercise.
What can we do to add some physical activity to what would otherwise be several hours of sitting around?

5 pushups every time you lose 1 life in Magic?
10 squats every time you make a strength check? 5 for every attack roll?
Using giant 30lb dice?

Other urls found in this thread:

transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Scout.cfm?Token={ts_2016-06-21_20:36:20}-3a2f7c0912900e4a-96BDE361-A1AB-852F-55135334CFED3850
youtube.com/watch?v=wkMnk_eCDQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fold the board with Veeky Forums
it worked for Veeky Forums

0. ????
1. Learn to balance your hobbies, health, work.
2. /thread

But really, I think Veeky Forums sticky is an okay place to start.

We can start by All being Alpharius

Chugging protein shakes every time you drink a potion?
Assigning a game's physical stats based on physical tests?
XP system tied to a gym?

Every time OP makes a pointless thread just to post his "art", we all have to do 20 push-ups.

Should get us all into shape by this fall.

I made this thread specifically for you because I know you always get upset about seeing Ribbon stuff.

Maybe we should invite Veeky Forums to games. Lord knows they're lonely.

Didn't they hate each other?

Jokes on you, I'm not Alpharius!

before the aprils fool merger, yes
but i think a lot of people (like me) where closet crossposters

Just LARP?

LIFTING REAL ROCKS FOR STRENGTH TESTS.

I mean, it's no worse than my CUNT of a DM actually FORCING me to roleplay for Diplomacy tests, amirite? xD

LARPs are actually about 95% sitting and waiting or standing and waiting, punctuated by two or three minutes of out-of-shape people in awkward costumes flailing about before gasping for breath before you break a sweat.

DROP AND GIVE ME...
(Rolls d20)
17 PUSHUPS TO HIT THE GOBLIN! AND...
(Rolls d8)
Uh, Plus thre- NINE CRUNCHES FOR DAMAGE!

>0. ????
>1. Learn to balance your hobbies, health, work.
>2. /thread

3. Profit.

This guy gets it.

>1. Learn to balance your hobbies, health, work.

Why not COMBINE your hobbies, health, and work?

Run a fantasy larp summer camp.

more /v/ than Veeky Forums but I remember hearing about a guy who would do reps after every game based on his k/d/a ratio

depending on game, could probably be adapted fairly well. You might want a faster run game than not, unless you were doing that to set your reps per week.

>t. Alpharius

/fitlit/ was transcendent.

There's a manga about elves trying to lose weight.
And another manga about cute girls doing lifts.

Is Golf a traditional game?
How about Bocce.?
How about grasping for straws...like what I'm doing now.

>There's a manga about elves trying to lose weight.

I thought that was about them gaining weight.

Every time you lose a troop choice you do five push ups.

Everything else is 10.

you see we come in two flavours, stick-man thin, and potato round.
both are however equally lazy.
except,
and here's the point,
except for arguing over inane shit.

so in order to turn our one strength,
shut up, arguing is a strength,
into a yet greater strength.
all arguments should be solved by feats of strength or endurance.

b\c I'm not 14 anymore and all time goes to advancing the career and, at present, playing with imaginary characters. Technically, this might be an improbable idea, but still an idea for the future.

well I know what I'm doing for the next half-hour

Organise some outdoor activities with you gaming group.
Cycle to the FLGS.

If you want /fitg/, go SCA or go home, accept no substitutes.

>Okay human with the charisma of an underwater fart, let's see you roleplay some actual charm

What a cunt move.

Disney has this card game that requires you to walk around their physical parks in order to accomplish goals.

i have a $4,000 mountain bike that i take out when i have free time during daylight hours. the requisite physical training and maintenance required to not murder your body out on a trail is a feature, not a bug.

What do you think her sweaty tummy tastes like haha just out of curiosity haha

I work for a living, the last thing I want is to work in my free time as well.

>about cute girls doing lifts.
* Cute girls doing cute lifts

My motorbike cost less than that. Have you considered that you got ripped off?

I'm going to argue with you over inane shit and say no.

Intellectual discourse and the debate of ideas should not be resolved in the theaters of the body. Doing so is tantamount to destroying rational forums of free speech by allowing whomever is possesed of the largest penis to slap everyone else around them with it, even if they are horrifically wrong.

Bring back Squats

I fully agree with this speaker.

Title of the second one?

You have been going to the wrong larps.

Building fortifications, searching for firewood, and going out hunting/scavenging are all active ways to spend your time that the GMs will usually accomodate to make more interesting.

Although it won't exactly make them Veeky Forums, I think providing less and healthier snacks to games provides a bigger health benefit than introducing a bit of physical activity.

Does walking two miles up hill with a notepad, a beer and a spliff everyday before sitting down and scribbling notes for my next session while overlooking a small lake/large pond count?

I don't have all the details but my friend once told me of a game he played in high school where the DM made the players run a mile and lift weights and used their latest report card to generate their starting stats. As a fat person even back then he was not amused.

Aside from buying workout dice, you can just use the dice you have laying around and make workout tables.

Veeky Forums has already shown us the way.

None of the cross boards really hated each other by the end of the experiment

If it makes you feel any better, I love your art of ol' Rib. I just hope you eventually start doing lewds because damn she gets me hot

Veeky Forumsstree a good but still not a best

>When the rest of Veeky Forums realized every shitposter was a canadian being completely serious

I can run 60km none stop, run a 2:47 1000m and do martial arts my resting heart rate is 46 beats per minute I'm fine.

P E D O S C U M B L E R
E E
D L
O B
M
S U
C C
U S
M
B O
L D
E E
R E L B M U C S O D E P

FUCK THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR SHITPOSTING

I'm always blocked into playing a low CHA character because I know if I don't I'm gonna have to give a shitty speech I hate it.

Why not just buy a car? Or a home gym? Please explain your ridiculous purchase.

You're making a workout plan for someone who is already fit. For the average fa/tg/uy 20 push ups is enough to build muscle mass.

Veeky Forums realised Veeky Forums were commies and thus began the great civil war.

is it impossible to just
y'know
go to the gym and eat healthy?

So who the fuck are you anyway? I keep seeing your name fagin ass around.

How about not being a faggot and actually training

We can't all be Alpharius since GW removed the Alpha Legion rules. :c

True however in the real world all arguments ultimately get solved this way throughout history, so if you don't get fighting, your argument, and you, will die out.

Anything else risks our thinking done by cowards and our fighting done by fools.

I don't have any advice to give, but the hobby of weightlifting folds into the TTRPG hobby pretty well. Lots of weightlifters are nerds who like to make their numbers go up. My current group is made up entirely of people our DM met at the gym. We'll usually discuss character or campaign ideas in between sets

>My motorbike cost less than that. Have you considered that you got ripped off?

its an expensive sport, man. i sold off 90% of my Modern collection for that bike.

here, have a link to this year's model.
>transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Scout.cfm?Token={ts_2016-06-21_20:36:20}-3a2f7c0912900e4a-96BDE361-A1AB-852F-55135334CFED3850

>Why not just buy a car? Or a home gym? Please explain your ridiculous purchase.

mtbing is the most fun i've ever actually had. its outdoors, intensely physical, you get to meet cool people and jump off mountains with them!
i already have a car and i get free gym access through my work.
these bikes have a ton of engineering and are overbuilt to be as close to bombproof as possible so you can hit big shit and not ruin your expensive toy.
>youtube.com/watch?v=wkMnk_eCDQU

55 minutes workout break in the middle of the session
healthy food

>its an expensive sport, man.
No it fucking isn't. I have a £350 mountain bike that I've had for years. Hardtail, though, so it's a decent bike, just not an expensive chassis full of springs and levers.
My next one's probably going to be a full suspension frame to save my knees, though, but I don't see myself needing one any time soon.
Equipment-wise, it's literally jeans to stop brambles and nettles destroying my legs, T-shirt and workboots, with the only expensive bit being the earbuds and MP3 player I use for other things as well. Anyone who tells you you need expensive gear is lying or trying to sell it to you.

Now, motorbikes are an expensive hobby, £1300 for a starter bike, plus that much again on the basic license, safety gear, and insurance. And my first big bike is going to be £500+ for a full license, and about £6500 for a new bike, with insurance on top.

I also have a car already, and my job basically IS a gym.

I dropped Veeky Forums for the duration.

>5 pushups every time you lose 1 life in Magic?

Veeky Forumsizen here. This is why nobody takes you fuckers seriously.
I played magic for 10 years I even went so nerdy to get competitive about it, but I didn't neglect other areas in life just because of my hobby.

If you wanna get fit, then get fit. But don't do some half arsed shit like the above. Dedicate time to fitness and time for your hobbies

If your HQ is in combat with an enemy's HQ, you and your opponent may agree to eschew the dice rolls in favor of arm wrestling.

This

danbera nan kiro moteru

>>about cute girls doing lifts.
>* Cute girls doing cute lifts
>not cute girl beating the living shit out of each other

I pity the fool who went for the literal translation and didn't make the English name Do You Even Lift?

>troonsbury fallouts
yeah enjoy your nocartilage

>Dark souls noobs git gud.webm

What's with the parentheses?

Wait do you not do pushups in between trolling people?

>For the average fa/tg/uy 20 push ups is enough to build muscle mass.

I think you have a rather negative view of the average fa/tg/uy.

How can I trust the wisdom of a man too stupid to take care of his own body?