Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1607: You Have Forgotten Your Purpose Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2VqGJaQz4A
youtube.com/watch?v=XBqt-37ghpc
pastebin.com/NdAWvGj7
youtube.com/watch?v=fsRke5rUqAk
imgur.com/gallery/pzVdp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Masters of Red
So, I've been trying to figure out what this jump's setting is supposed to be. What is it based on? Was it a game? Book?
Can somebody throw me a bone here?

We have no idea, man.

We cannot find a single scrap of evidence that it even exists.

I've seen Wildbow do something similar with Worm but that was the setting as a whole and not to the same degree.

>pic related

But user, I never had one.

Allegedly it's a book. No one has ever been able to find it, though. The author seems to have made the jump from memory, and in the process forgotten the actual name of the book. That, or they just made it all up whole cloth. Or the third option, the one I favor, where this is a jump from a parallel timeline that somehow found its way to our universe.

We are...

youtube.com/watch?v=L2VqGJaQz4A

I once blew a couple hours running the name through google translate to see if it was a foreign language book and got nowhere.

What is the best build for the The Irregular At Magic Highschool jumo if your sole goal is to make a fool of the Mary-Sue protagonist?

Okay, hear me out here, and you can thank Konata's build for the idea.

1. Jump Kamen Rider Kabuto and take the drawback that makes Tendou Souji more amazing/competent than you. Retain the drawback.
2. Jump Irregular and do NOT take the drawback that makes the MC better than you.
3. Before step 2, jump several high-power, high-science settings and do the bare minimum to survive but still be reasonably competent.
4. Watch as Tendou and the MC strive to out-do each other but Tendou inevitably wins.
5. Try not to go insane dealing with Tendou for this long.

Nothing there. You're not going to accomplish it with the things available in the jump, Tatsuya has literally every perk. And only like, two drawbacks, the cheating bastard. You want to beat him, you're going to need out of context problems. Magic from another jump would be a good one, not being based on the information dimension he wouldn't be able to read and decode and effortlessly defeat it. Make him look real silly when he tries to use his countermagic and can't figure out how to do it. Sure, he can brute force his way through a counterspell, but I'm sure you can find a spell with so much energy behind it that his Gram Demolition shots can't disrupt it.

You are a madman. What the hell would possess you to do or even consider this.

says the lady who still has Excalibur

Let's talk about the early days.

10 Jumps in, what was your most impressive accomplishment? What Companions did you have? Were the essential traits of the Jumper you're today already present, or would people completely fail to believe you used to be this person?

I favor the theory that it's been posted from the future. The jump itself is going to inspire some legendary writefagging, who puts their jumper's journey on the net.
Some publisherfag likes that chapter and gets them to publish that chapter as its own book. Then someone makes a jump of it, and posts it back in time.

See

Because the user who walks the Path of Heavens is the man who watches the world burn.

youtube.com/watch?v=XBqt-37ghpc

>he doesn't like Excalibur
FOOL!

>The Omnitrix only comes pre-loaded with 800cp (discounted) worth of aliens in it

Does this mean that you get to pick them at a discount or that if you get a discount on them (which only plumbers do) you can get them in there with the discount?

I wanna say you can pick the aliens you want, and you get them at a discount.

Are there any perks that let you recreate biological powers as machines?

I figured that you got the Aliens of your choice, with a discount, considering your time using them is limited.

You get a discount on the aliens.

Amazo's Backup Memory from Young Justice? It's for superpowers, but the definition is fuzzy.

We Can Copy Nature, Hive Queen Quest.

Hive Queen Quest has biology to mechanical and mechanical to biology perks. Biological powers may become energy intensive machines but it should work.

Jump # 165 Trigun
Starting location: Inepril
Background: Lawman/bounty hunter (0)
Perks:
*Shoot to maim (0)
*Angel on your shoulder (200, Discount)
*Blank Ticket (300, Discount)
*Love and Peace! (100)
*Hard Puncher (200)
Equipment:
*Jumper’s Saloon (300, Discount)
Companions:
*Insurance (300)
Drawbacks:
*Killing the spiders to save the butterflies (+400)

I tried something a little different this time and it went a little long so I put it in a paste bin. pastebin.com/NdAWvGj7

Sounds good to me. Thanks!

>Accomplishment: Fighting Rayquaza and convincing him to Hyper Beam the incoming meteorite
>Companions: 6 Pokemon
>Essential Traits: Good with animals

Haven't changed much since then. More Companions have come and one, but Rayquaza's still the most powerful thing I've ever dared take on directly, and even then mostly because plot.

I might be overestimating Rayquaza, though.

You may walk the Path of Heavens, but...I SHALL SEAL THE HEAVENS!

Thought about posting the "My drill creates the heavens" pic instead but meh.

>
10 Jumps in, what was your most impressive accomplishment?

let's do these by jump

1.defeating team Aqua

2.saving the island from that never-ending storm Raikou was causing
3.saving the city of Seattle from Ray Sphere Enhanced gangsters
4.becoming chairman of the PTA
5. The wedding of my son
6.The murder of umbrage
7. NATO United's 17-3 victory over China in a territory forfeit match.
8.the invention of the safety Cape
9.busting Kālī and saving the world
10. Bootstrapping Avalon into the modern era

>What Companions did you have?

it was just the four of us back then:me,Monique Junior and Tina

>Were the essential traits of the Jumper you're today already present, or would people completely fail to believe you used to be this person?

oh I was quite different. So much of the person I started out as was there I had so much to move past and so much to learn

So /jc/ if JumpChan appeared before you and said you could only have 5 jumps before being returned home and if you pass them all you get a spark free what would they be?

What's a good perk to steal biological powers? I initially wanted to take Ouroboros as my Syndrome in Double Crosss, but it is horribly inefficient in how it steals powers (seriously, needing to kill 80 Pureblood Overeds, who are already quite rare, is way too much), and so I need an alternative.

animorphing from the Animorphs jump

>Yeah no, just seems like over-stepping perk boundaries and ignoring specific setting errata.

I have to agree.

>So /jc/ if JumpChan appeared before you and said you could only have 5 jumps before being returned home and if you pass them all you get a spark free what would they be?
Why wouldn't you pick easy ones in that case?

Anyway I have to think about this since the last time someone proposed this challenge it was only three jumps. Since its five I might aim for a harem. Though admittedly Infernals is going to be picked no matter what.

>The user looked over the user of the Heavens and laughed as the Heavens were sealed.
>"I have stolen the future from you, HeavensAnon!" They declared with a laugh.
>"The future...I see." Heavens murmured in understanding. "I have always held the future in my hands. And I...will continue to do so!"
>Through the power of anime bullshit, HeavensAnon conjures a brand new jump
>"That's impossible...!" user growled in annoyance and disbelief.

HYPER JUMP UP!
youtube.com/watch?v=fsRke5rUqAk
I am so sorry I subjected you to that. Kinda wish I had an actual new jump to drop.
Hard to say if it's an 'accomplishment', but I managed to direct a year-long guerilla war against something with both a strong healing factor, shapeshifting, and The Thing abilities while it was slaughtering Japan wholesale. I wasn't the one who finished the fight, but I was the one who ended up damaging him the most.

By the way is there a point to picking every Exalted sorcery perk? I was thinking of just getting the Dragonblood and Solar ones in order to save costs in Lunars and Infernals.

Most impressive accomplishment: Surviving in a horror movie world as a mostly normal girl with few perks and becoming a bad ass in my own right through training

Companions: Abraham Van Hellsing, Akitsu, Adam Jensen.

Originally I was afraid and just wanted to survive clinging to my companions for support. However I think my jumper has grown and gained confidence in herself and would hardly recognize her previous self (and maybe be a little embarrassed)

>HYPER JUMP UP!
I regret everything.

>spoiler
No I will not forgive you for doing that.

1.Pokémon
2.Pokémon mystery dungeon
3. Rick and Morty
4.a certain magical index
5. Devil may cry

I'd go mostly for convenience.

>Pokemon for friends and teamwork skills, also maybe psychic powers OR speed-learning languages OR Aura
>Generic Universal Monsters for the Undead perk tree
>Super Smash Brothers for smash physics and Mii Smash
>maybe Dragonball and Dragonball Z go in the last two spots, for Capsule tech

Accomplishment: Undertale.
Companions: Pokemon starter & PMD partner
Essential traits: Yes, essentially. Still a few jumps before getting the main parts of my arsenal.

I'd also grab the one in Abyssals, once / if it gets made, but other than that... Yeah you're good with just Solars even, Dragonblood isn't necessary.

1. Pokemon
2. Asura Wrath
3. Generic Creepypasta
4. Castlevania
5. Darksiders.

Extra Stage: Shin Megami Tensei

Can one Omnitrix scan aliens from another Omnitrix?

Not really an impressive accomplishment for me, but for my first companion, Nette.

Our jump #9 was Rwby, and she picked up punk and poetry there. Now that alone isn't very special, but our very next jump was classic sonic.
And she took the freedom fighter perks.
Since we're entering higher power jumps now, she doesn't get to use it as much, but she can filet anyone below a low-mid tier superhuman in a minute or less.

I plan on jumping Dragonblood early on and the other Exalted jumps later on.

Nichijou, Shadowrun, Dragonlance, Exalted:Infernals.

Nichijou because it seems fun going there.

Shadowrun because I love the style of tech.

Dragonlance because it's the most fun D&D jump.

And Infernals because it gets me most of everything else I'd want. Immortality and all that good stuff.

Probably pencil in a waifu/harem collection jump in between there? Not sure what to go with on that front.

I think the one Infernals is going to get a bit of a boost with the update, which seems to be scheduled for sometime after the Worm update.

But honestly, you can probably do with just the Solars one. Dragonblooded doesn't give you much if you already have Solar Circle, Infernals just gives you the same as the Solar Sorcery but with Yozi themes (it does give some benefits, but they're not /that/ great), and Lunars is pretty much the same as Dragon-blooded (though I think you start of knowing an absolute shitton of spells with the capstone boost).

Abyssals will probably have a Void Circle Necromancy perk though. That'd be good to get.

Mostly saved the world with Daniel Craig Bond. But I should warn you to never make Bond angry. Its a long-short story.

PS238, the Gamer, Overlord, Mushoku Tensei, and Teen Titans, in that order

Pokemon, Kenichi, JoJo, F/SN, Naruto maybe? Martial prowess/discipline, bad ass companions, pretty good tech, a Stand, a Servant, magic, ninja skills, lots of fun things that increase competency. I would have been turned into a well oiled machine who would have been forced to think fast, act fast and train hard in order to live to the end.

That said, each Jump helps with the one after it. Pokemon gives me a team of powerful companions which can then support me once imported into Kenichi.

Kenichi gives me lots of personal power, discipline, skill and combat prowess to prepare me for JoJo to better endure the crazy battles present.

The Stand I get from JoJo and years of experience with combat and conceptual abilities prepares me for F/SN where between pre-Jump means and in-Jump purchases I should be more than ready enough for the trials ahead of me.

Powerful companions, a host of other powers, and raw physical and mental training leading up to Naruto should let me breeze through it, especially if I interrupt the "everything gets worse" cues that pop up in the plot.

There are three tiers of Sorcery (and three of Necromancy).
Solars (and Green Sun Princes) have access to the Adamant Circle, which is the highest tier of Sorcery.
Abyssals, and only Abyssals, have access to Void Circle Necromancy - The highest tier of Necromancy.
If you can cast a given tier, you can cast the lower tiers (technically, in world, you have to progress through the tiers in order.)

There are some differences between the Infernal initiations and the Solar initiations, but those are thematic rather than power differences.

1. FLCL
2. Bravely Default
3. Magical Girl Noir Quest
4. Fate/Zero
5. Toriko

You know what they say: Go big or go home.
Or in this case, go over the top or go home.

Nah, no pressure bro. You do you.
...is there anythingin the works, though?
I wouldn't mind, like, another three or four Disgaeas. You know, just sayin'.

>with Yozi themes (it does give some benefits, but they're not /that/ great)
Can't I just take initiation charms later on?

So I've looked at the rules and the documents, but how do you "play" this? Do you just make your choices, then move on to the next one?

That's the basic way, yes.

Some try to turn it into a story. Some try to put together combos.

Some do both.

You do you, pal.

Correct. Then you bitch about it.

You also write a little and shitpost on the thread apparently.

Pretty much, though many people generally try to write or summarize what their given activities were in a Jump and if they survived when getting into them or subjecting themselves to drawbacks. Establishing a bit of a plotline for your Jumper can help increase the fun and longevity of a chain.

Pretty much, although you make a story of sorts for each setting.
So you make your choices, make a story using them, writefag and maybe share with us, then move on to the next after and then rinse and repeat.
Generally you start with Quicksilver's Pokémon then the Infamous jumps to get you started.
I hope you enjoy jumping, user.

Basically. Some people use it as basically a writing prompt, or just a form of escapism.
Just really do whatever with it.

You also shitpost.

Copiously, and violently.

Things I mean to do:
1. Thunderbolt Fantasy
2. Chrono Cross
3. GaoGaiGar
4. Disney's Princess and the Frog

Things I've worked on:
>Dial-up noises

I've been lazy lately.

After you make your choices on what you get going in, you spend 10 years in whatever setting it is. Spend your time fucking with the plot, playing the Kaiju, studying obscure sorceries, whatever.
The point being, you figure out how you spend your time, how you're going to survive the End of the World scenario that the plot has, etc.
Write something up on that. You don't have to share it, it's mostly self-entertainment after all.

Then your 10 years are up. Or you died. Now you've got whatever you bought or acquired from here, and you go on to the next jump and you repeat the process.

Or bait people into arguments and then act like prissy bitch when it turns out the other person was right, or even if you are right. And then when taken to task for it, act like it was all one big joke and being really obnoxious.

I prefer more straight forward shitposting myself like "shut up Dirge". It's obvious and can even be fun for everyone (except maybe Dirge but he's not around anymore, so whatever.)

>Or bait people into arguments and then act like prissy bitch when it turns out the other person was right, or even if you are right. And then when taken to task for it, act like it was all one big joke and being really obnoxious.
Hmm the legendary advanced shitposting technique, that was lost 600 years ago. Amazing. Wish it stayed lost, tho'.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets pissed off at a certain someone acting like that here.

1. FFTA- Easy, get some good survival things and a dragon girl waifu
2. The Sims 3- Easy, get some helpful/cool things like the flowers, potions, magic, etc.
3. Dragonlance- D&D Magic, get a dragon friend and a few other party members.
4. Generic Universal Monsters- Undead perks for me, my waifu, and the rest of my party
5. MCU (Assuming I get to take both parts)- I get to be a superhero and pick up some cool things, too; probably going to focus on technology.

World of Cultivation or Coiling Dragon or Desolate Era when it's finished or Generic Xianxia (I'm a sucker for xianxia)
Young Justice
Charmed
Harry Potter
Forgotten Realms

I might change my mind, but those are the ones that come to mind without looking at the folder.

So in Bleach does your Zanpakutou grow stronger with you, or do you need to import it to make it viable against foes that could easily beat everyone in Bleach? My Zanpakutou is like the one in pic.

>Disney's Princess and the Frog
Friends on the Other Side background when?

imgur.com/gallery/pzVdp
I think this is a little important.

Yeah? But that defeats the point of buying Sorcery perks at all, since you'd still have to go through the whole stations and sacrifices stuff to get Yozi Sorcery then.

Also wouldn't let you apply Yozi themes onto other spells, like the update supposedly's going to allow.

I fucking love that armor set. One of the best paladin sets in my opinion.

There will be a Facilier background with Disney voodoo, yes.

YESSSSSSSSSS~!

jumps to get knight waifus?

It should be able to keep growing stronger as long as your soul grows stronger.

I AM...REAAAAAAADY!

>knight waifus
Fate?

Would a Tsugumomo jump be allowed? There's more than enough content even without the fanservice.

>Tsugumomo
Requesting the ability to make Tsukumogami and such creatures please!

Awesome thanks, any idea what would happen with 9 souls?

thinking of starting a Side chain,would Captain Michael J. Caboose be appropriate for a native jumper?

I shudder to think of what the zanpakuto of an NGE Non-Euclidean Angel jumper would look like.

Option to have a deep and captivating voice to better sing that song, plz.

What's a fun canon setting to visit in Generic Post-Apocalypse?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there would be a direct interaction by itself, but Zanpaktou blanks react to spiritual pressure and mirror a shinigami's soul into a powerful weaponized form or something, right? So while your default Zanpaktou should only mirror the characteristics and growth of your default soul, if you were able to secure another eight blanks you might be able to key them to the other eight souls you have in reserve???

Undertale.

Crazy, fucking, awesome, that's what dude.

There's nothing in canon to support anything like that, so it'd be purely fanwank on your part.
Closest thing to someone having more than one soul would be that Gillian-class Espada that showed up in the Hueco Mundo arc, and it didn't appear to have any significant powers.

So probably nothing significant.

Probably not much. It might be a bit stronger.

There already are multiple jumps with that ability.

Will it have hoodoo?

No, please don't taint any existing characters with your stuff. Leave whoever the fuck that is alone.

It's got voodoo, it's got hoodoo, it's not things I ain't even tried!

Isn't there already a jump for that?

Tell me where to get Sword waifus to add to my Sword harem.....SWORD!

Not sure. Hollows eat an awful lot of souls and the arrancar don't seem to get a benefit from it sword wise, but they're also not 'their' souls. I think NuBee is most likely correct.

Yeah so?