How are skeletons a threat? Even assuming they can walk around, they lack the musculature that make humans strong...

How are skeletons a threat? Even assuming they can walk around, they lack the musculature that make humans strong. Any adult man would easily be able to kill his weight in skeletons.

You can't kill skeletons. They're already dead. You're just gonna make them mad.

... magic-imbued skeletons though

So, wait, you're okay with assuming that the fell powers of darkest necromancy can substitute for the musculature necessary to walk around, but draw the line at the ebon-hued might of black magic being able to go a little further and grant them human-like strength?

Skeletons are kind of weird. They're basically just a pile of floating bones, so it's strange that hitting them even really does anything to me. I prefer the monsters that look like skeletons, but aren't actually skeletons approach

Dark souls skeletons is where it's at. You hit them, and maybe their arm flies off or into pieces, but you damn well expect it to come back in a few seconds and then it'll be mad.

They can put themselves back together easily and can be summoned with practically no effort.

A man can smash his weight in skeletons, but can he finish them before they stand up? Remember, a single skel weighs about 25-30 pounds, so this guy's getting attacked by 6 or so skellys at a time.

Magic

That assumes that the magic holding them together in the first place could survive the physical trauma though. Maybe a good shake is all it really takes

>paladins running around shaking skeletons down and shoving necromancers into coffins
I'd play it.

Nigga how are skeletons even real like lmao just walk away from the dungeon

OP is a skeleton trying to lure us into a false sense of security

Kek

For my own use I re-envisioned skeletons as telekinetic magic sculls. OK, not actually telekinetic. Touch-kinetic? As in, they can make bones they touch move, in way that defies normal physics.

One word, Magic.

5e has the skeletons with 10str and 14dex, not terribly strong but actually quite actual

a skeleton is also roughly equal to a city guard

it is assumed that the magic used to give them life and holds them together also makes them strong

This book features a human necromancer that thought he was hot shit because he had skeletons. Until another Necromancer sent some zombie hounds after him and the skeletons couldn't do shit. The hounds barrelled through the skeletons like a bowling ball going through pins.

I came here to say this, only more poorly phrased.

Their strength doesn't come from muscles or mass, it's supernatural. And thus they are supernaturally strong, surpassing that of a normal human with muscles but no supernatural strength.

>[muffled flight of the valkyries playing in background]

That's why skeletons are usually low level threats unless they're necromantic masterpieces explicitly imbued with magic up the ass like Spinal.

Well said.

this is zombie propaganda. Everyone knows that not only are skelingtons spoopy they also are super strong and can kill any adventurere if thye please to. Did you know we are all just larva for skellingtons and one day each and every one of us will reach our true form of a walking mr. skellington that dose bone puns?

Maybe. Maybe that skeleton only has weak animation magic. Maybe the whims of a demi-lich are being channeled through it and it has the strength to lift up a light tank and throw it across the room. Do you really want to charge and hope it's #1 and not #2?

Watch out lads, I think this is one of their inside men

But you have it all fucking wrong OP

Skeletons maintain the strength they died with. Meaning they are just as strong BUT 1/3 THE WEIGHT. meaning they can jump 20 feet and ham their fingers into your chest

They are animated by magic. They can be a strong as the crazy ass wizard whose magic animates them wants them to be. Supersonic super strong skellingtons.

I came here to post the SKELECOPTERS.

A man of most supreme taste has gotten here before me.

Rattle on you magnificent pinwheeling bastard.

You're now visualizing a paladin pressing down the lid of a coffin with a necromancer trying to get out, as the paladin screams that if he liked death so much maybe he should join it

How are golems a threat? Even assuming they can walk around, they lack the musculature that make humans strong. Any adult man would easily be able to kill his weight in golems.

>How are skeletons a threat?

who says they are? they are typically a pretty low grade enemy.

Precisely because they lack musculature, yet still manage to somehow fucking move. They sustain themselves by sheer force of spook. Of course that's terrifying.

Sure they have no real muscle mass to hit you with. They also have no muscles or cartilage to move or function as they should at all. Shits magic OP.

If a spooky skeleton stands up and starts rattling you'd best have your standard issue adventurer blunt weapon.