Excuse me, Divine Valar, but while I understand that Elves go West when they die and Men and Halflings go to Not-Heaven...

Excuse me, Divine Valar, but while I understand that Elves go West when they die and Men and Halflings go to Not-Heaven, what happens to Dwarves?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54298515/#q54304723
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are you trying to resurrect this dead forced meme? It's cringey as fuck.

They gather in a specific part of the Hall of Mandos made for them. Dwarves also believe that their first seven kings are reincarnated.

IIRC, Dwarves were made solely by Aule and were never meant to be part of the song of Eru. Nobody knows what happens to them and they are fine with that.

the elves believe dwarves just die forever, the dwarves believe aule takes care of them. nobody actually knows because they're not part of the plan.

>dead
>forced

Nice try, questfag. Don't be mad just because it's more popular than u.

Dwarves are mortal and have the same fate as Men, only the afterlife is racially segregated in line with Tolkien's IRL views.

He's an eternal faggot. If he had even a shred of shame, he would have given up years ago, instead of trying to bring this thing back every few months.

OP, give up already. This will never stop being shit, but you might prove us all wrong by not being a faggot and fucking off already.

Eru accepted them as a gift from Aulë. Before he did, they weren't truly alive and could only move when Aulë's mind was upon them.

After death, as said, they are brought by Aulë to the Undying Lands, and gather in the Hall of Mandos. Though in separate section from the Elves.

Implying it isn't you buttflustered retards that aren't the ones forcing memes. Some of you are so autistic you go off on your rants any time you see a thread with the words "excuse me" in the OP.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54298515/#q54304723

Were those the ones who got the rings?

Begone Zarthas, spirit of Udun and servant of Morgoth! Begone and take my shape no longer!

Isn't there something about them going back to the stone? Or is that something I'm misattributing from some other version of dwarves?

Come on nan, I love Excuse Me threads as much as the next user but you need to pick a question that hasn't been used in them before.

You are wrong. It is not a dead meme and it is not cringey as fuck. You're just upset that people out there like what you don't like, and your little ego can't let that stand.

Fine, in an attempt to salvage the thread.

>Excuse me Divine Valar, but what would have happened if Faramir had gone to Rivendell and Boromir had stayed behind in Gondor?

Well, Tolkien never actually says what happens to the Dwarves. He only says what people believe.

In the chapter where Eru accepts them as part of his creation, he also says that they will not be equal to Elves and Men. Right after that the narrator mentions how the Elves believe the Dwarves return to the earth after they die, but that the Dwarves believe they go to Mandos.

Aren't these supposed to be pointing out plot holes or other inconsistencies? Not asking questions covered in the source material or "what if" scenarios.

What ifs are more interesting

Offhand though, I can't think of clear plot holes or non-deliberate inconsistencies in Tolkien. I suppose I could find one or two if I really dug at it, but it's pretty stable as a narrative. Long, long ago, I once asked why it took Gandalf so long to recognize the Ring, but I don't think I'd get a real answer out of that, especially not here.

Partly due to wishful thinking on Gandalf's part, hoping that his suspicions were unfounded. He does tell Frodo that he had long suspected that Bilbo's ring might have been far more powerful than it appeared. Partly because Tolkien didn't write Bilbo with Middle-Earth in mind, and so when Bilbo found the Ring it was just a ring that turned him invisible. It wasn't until he started working on Lord of the Rings that he retconned it into being Sauron's ring.

Is that angel supposed to be Gandalf?

Gandalf himself says that he recognized the ring instantly as a great ring, and we know that there's only one unadorned great ring. There's no way around it, it's a plot hole.

We might know that it's the only unadorned Great Ring, but Gandalf is hardly an expert on Ringlore, and it's only after "recalling" post-reading Isildur's scroll that Gandalf seems to either know or at least remember that rather important fact.

Considering we've seen him forget other things, sometimes quite important things (Who made the Palantiri again?), this seems of a unit.

Also, in the books Gandalf is off for 17 years looking for information about the rings. It's not something people just know in Middle-Earth.

He's not solely looking for information about rings. The first thing he wants to chase down (which takes him a long time and most of it wasted) is to track down Gollum, whom he's interested in for more than just what he knows about the ring he had.

>Offhand though, I can't think of clear plot holes or non-deliberate inconsistencies in Tolkien

Great Eagles not just flying the Ringbearer to Mordor.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but-

Shut the fuck up.

It works because:
- Eagles live at the top of the Misty Mountains so they can fly into Mordor safely out of bowshot, and no, you can't hit eagles with orcish catapults, sorry
- Nazgul are a total non-threat. Fifty great eagles ridden by high elven lords from the Grey Havens and Rivendell would shoot the Winged Beasts down with ease. Fucking LEGOLAS shot one down from the ground, and he's just a plebby dark elf from Mirkwood
- Mount Doom wouldn't be defended because Sauron doesn't think anyone would willingly destroy the Ring
- Sauron wouldn't find out about the Eagles until too late because he can't perceive the Ring unless someone is wearing it (hence why he had to torture Smeagol)
- The great eagles would agree to do it because it's a safe plan (orcs and Nazgul aren't a threat) and it helps them directly

It's cast iron, and Tolkienfags can only ever argue with it by ignoring some or all the above facts, especially the one where they pretend that great eagles can't fly high enough (THEY LIVE IN THE MISTY MOUNTAINS, PEOPLE).

2/10

>especially the one where they pretend that great eagles can't fly high enough

I've literally never seen anyone say this as a reason it wouldn't work.

Not him, but I have, especially since the Eagles refuse to put Thorin and Co down near the settlements in the Anduin vales precisely because they're afraid of being shot. It's still a retarded argument.

You forget that the Eagles are a proud race that don't take orders from anyone but the Valar, and the Valar do not involve themselves directly in Arda.

>especially since the Eagles refuse to put Thorin and Co down near the settlements in the Anduin vales precisely because they're afraid of being shot.

What? I mean, they're afraid of putting them down, but that, you know, involves coming down. They fuck around doing eagle shit with no worries the rest of the time.

Just so happened to be watching Fellowship, just started actually, and I noticed something that raises a question:

Are there black hobbits?

Not in the Shire at least.

no

hobbits come from near mirkwood and most of them migrated to the shire when it went to shit there, both groups are light skinned because it's a temperate area.

It's a gated community with picket fences,
based on middle England.
what do you think?

Seriously tho they're just light skinned because it's a temperate area and tolkin had a boner for Norse / northern Europe.
also a bit of the old "light is good" "dark is bad" theme

Everyone in this thread go fuck yourselves

Oh yeah, a giant eagle possessed by Sauron, that's just the best.