What's the best portrayal of the Emperor personality wise?

What's the best portrayal of the Emperor personality wise?

Donald Trump in outer space.

Make Humanity Great Again

Healthy young warmaster goes on crusade, gets pumped with massive shot of heresy, doesn't feel good and changes - CHAOS. Many such cases!

Agonizing Alone.

This. Caring Empy is best Empy.

Although I am no completely opposed to Empy being a cold calculating being if it's well written, like it is in DI. However, that means the fight with Horus is completely re-written and I don't like that.

Ancient fight for reference

Verbosity ruins it for me

Poor fucking Dorn. Thats some PTSD shit right there.

Sad!

The only problem with this the the terminator.

inquisition wars emperor
>>"We are grim salvation."

That's the sort of Emperor I'd prefer we have in the fiction but man, the HH Emps is a gigantic prick.

God, it's so nice to get a reminder of why I first got involved in this setting. That writing is truly fucking beautiful

but still
>Terminator
>dieing

Pic related.

Ultimately, that he is all of humanity's best and worst aspects is the best one. Unfortunately too many people have daddy issues.

He needs to be caring for humanity. To remove that removes all motivation from him (why would he willingly be everything he is if he doesn't care about humanity and each member of the human race on some level?), and all reference to or thought of his plans. He needs to BE HUMAN, he needs to actually give a shit about humanity, or he's an ubermensch at best, living god who cares nothing for lesser beings at worst.

And on top of that, he needs to be different in the Horus Heresy era to the 40K era, because there is a ten thousand year gap between them for unceasing, unending agony on the Golden Throne to fuck him up mentally and physically and psychically.

Shit, forgot pic.

It's weird these days with St Celestine. She feels like a link to an Emperor that doesn't actually exist in fluff.

Compassionate, reasonable and kind...the emperor (And the current Ecclessiarchy) isn't that at all. Unless it turns out Sebastian Thor is the god giving her power or something like that, she's very out of place.

Most human human ever. Our saviour and Our King.

The ecclisiarchy was never compassionate or kind. And Guilliman saying that they've done more good than bad is probably the biggest bone GW's ever thrown to the organization

>The ecclisiarchy was never compassionate or kind.

Well, there is one very notable exception. Sebastian Thor, when he was Ecclessiarch. But then, that guy is an anomaly in 40k. A guy who met violence with open arms and compassion...and won, shaming people into laying down weapons and listening to him.

I fear for the current 40k authors ever getting to him, what they'd do.

t. Ra Endymion
AVE IMPERATOR

The Ecclesiarchy does represent the worst excesses of the Roman Catholic church it's true, but that means there's likely a lot of the best we don't see behind the scenes.

It's also possible he believes humanity needs a common thread to bind it together. So did the emperor for that matter, which he tried to provide with the Imperial Truth

ALL HAIL THE MAN-EMPEROR OF MANKIND!

Only the first book was good.

Conan with magic powers and immortality has to save Mankind and the entire galaxy from certain destruction while being backstabbed by literally everybody.

This, actually.
Tongue-in-cheek 40k best 40k.

We only need a xeno witch for him to fuck.

So his soul has fractured, but his mind has remained whole? His goodness has become its own being, a second Emperor, devoted to saving the Imperium, and re-uniting with the rest of the shamans? The shamans, then, are canon?

It was canon at the time.
The Inquisitor War is a fucking old book man.

Isha.

The one where he doesn't appear. He is most interesting when he is distant and mysterious, and the information we do receive comes from secondary sources with their own agendas and bias.

Expanding on him beyond this was a mistake.

The 40k wiki says that nearly all of the Emperor's children (Not the Primarchs) are blanks. Could it be then that the Silent Sisterhood is composed of his daughters? His sons are said to inherit part of his genome, so is it possible the Custodes are too his children?

40k desperately needs to go back to the heavy 2000ad influence.

A compassionate ruler, who genuinely was attempting to unite humankind and create a galactic utopia for us (unfortunately leading to the purging of all aliens).
Regarded his Primarchs as his sons, Space Marines as his grandchildren and all of humanity as his wards, hence pushing the Imperial Truth for "their own good".
This paternal nature is what screwed him over, he thought everyone wouldn't get what he was trying to do when he retired to Terra and didn't realise that his sons had become his equals.
Now is grappling with the Chaos Gods, the state of the Imperium in 40k is literally the best he can do while 4D Chess Boxing with the Big Four.
Theres probably no depiction that frames him as this exactly, but this is how I prefer him

Based Rogal. Second only to Leman in devotion

Dont talk shit on Catholics you heretic

Hey, I'm Catholic but I can admit the Church did some shady shit back in the day and Jesus would not have approved

B-but muh grimderp, always serious no-fun-edgefest???

>anyone
>more devoted then ROGAL FUCKING DORN