Generally speaking, how primitive should the barbarians in fantasy settings be?

Generally speaking, how primitive should the barbarians in fantasy settings be?

Other urls found in this thread:

conan.wikia.com/wiki/Cimmerians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They should look like this.

Semi-nomadic peoples in the early iron age, with access to the comparatively high-grade scrap from more advanced civilizations.

I prefer the frosty nordic sort of barbarians

Depends on the setting.

In high fantasy they're barbarian by choice and just dont wear clothes or some shit.

In low fantasy they're backwards because they rely on things that other cultures have left behind: savagery and brutality. They dont build siege equipment because they can rely on brutal rituals do their dark gods. They dont craft great weapons or works of art because they can just take them from those who are weaker. They dont farm because they can just hunt. They dont overpopulate because that would just be more upstart sons to fight.

that's pretty fucking disgusting my guy

no you

I enjoy fucking washboards thank you very much

i got nothing against washboard abs but that girl is built very strangely. her arms and weirdly thin.

She has too long skeleton arms though

Can be as primitive or advanced as you want. There's only one thing they need

BERSERKER
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

> implying you aren't really jelly of the skelly

>conan.wikia.com/wiki/Cimmerians
"[Cimmerians] appear to be partly or completely tribal hunter-woodland gatherers, with no central government and exist in tribes.[1] They know of the craft of iron-working (Conan's father was a blacksmith), but they dress in skins and pelts, and do their own weaving in a rough, practical style. Cimmerians have little use for philosophy, science, or art, but seem to value entertainment, especially in the form of storytelling. Conan himself remarks: "I saw myself in a pantherskin loin-clout, throwing my spear at the mountain beasts."[2]

The Cimmerians are a people forged by the very harsh conditions of their land. The Cimmerians are notable among other civilizations as being an incredibly somber people. Howard often makes reference to the Cimmerian people's hardiness and martial prowess, as well as to their many other impressive skills. They can climb seemingly unscalable cliffs, track humans and animals with ease, and stalk their prey without making a sound. The apparent primitiveness of the Cimmerians and their sense of justice is often juxtaposed with the corruption of the "civilized" races in Hyboria.

Cimmerian culture does not value materialism for avarice's sake. Although warriors such as Conan are encouraged to gather wealth and glory to themselves, Cimmerians value courage, honor, respect, and pride more than treasure. It is said that none starve in Cimmeria unless all starve, for any family would care for any who need it."

Rape should be their greeting, and anal rape should be their farewell.

I like to emphasize my barbarian society's inherently crude and savage nature, like user mentioned here,

Super futuristic. A time portal opened up, guns and cars fell out, and they exude a weird temporal field that drives people violently mad so the whole barbarian horde just zips around in supped up V8s shooting fucking everything.

Barbarian tribes should be groups of people that have not been absorbed into larger cultures or civilizations for whatever reason. A few of these could be largely peaceful and survive due to isolation, or even entire kingdoms in relatively isolated areas that no one has messed much with, but most of the prominent ones should be warrior societies that can resist any incursion from outside forces and prompt people to go 'maybe we should leave these guys alone.'

Generally I prefer the bronze or iron age flavor, especially depending on how powerful I want them to be (kingdom vs. tribe, etc). And you can basically just base them off of real-world cultures after you figure that out, unless you want them to be more uniquely fantastical.

In RPG terms, barbarian should encompass everything from nude cavemen to early Nords.

So anything from flint tools to metalworking petty kingdoms.

Depends on the setting.

Thanks for the non-answer friend.

Scotish.

Depends on the setting's Greece. That is, it doesn't matter the absolute primitiveness as long as they seem to be less advanced or less sophisticated than the setting's reference point for what civilization is. In a science-fantasy setting where civilization is plasma-casters and crystal towers, the barbarians can absolutely have machine guns.

Only as primitive as needed to give them an alternative point of view on mainstream organized society while still being able to function and figure out how things work within it and still easily survive without it.

A modern day human dropped into your average SciFi setting would count as a barbarian.

Spooky skeleton

This. Just look at Klingons in Star Trek compared to Romulans and the Federation. They have a vast interstellar empire, energy weapons and faster than light travel, but they're absolutely Barbarians in comparison to their two rivals. They stay on equal terms with them despite a technological gap through fighting prowess, numbers, and tactics that are difficult for their peers to cope with (melee weapons, space viking raids, valuing small nimble raiders, etc)

depends on your narrative

>primitive should the barbarians in fantasy settings be?
The most savage creatures in Dark sun have crazy biological technology.

So... basically "Whatever" level you want.

They should be exactly this primitive OP

More than the "civilized" and prone to violence but not stupid.

Less grand infrastructure, more migrations that ocasionally destroy bug cities.

Less written material, more care to oral history taught by druids.

Smaller ships that can't go against galleons but can cross oceans and appear anywhere easily.

Neither of these women are conventionally attractive.

The first one has man-thighs and the second has washboard abs.

If you're attracted to either of them I would suspect that you have latent homosexual tendencies.

>Veeky Forums
>where liking traps makes you straight
>and liking muscle-girls makes you gay
Shine on you crazy diamond.

Both of those things are gay.

Too thin arms and legs, like the abs though

>Liking Veeky Forums women makes you gay
Kk senpai.

If you thing both of those girls aren't conventionally attractive, you might be the homosexual.

Fuck off. When will this meme end?

liking masculine traits (muscles) means you're probably gay or at least bi.

lol okay fag

>Muscles
>Strictly Masculine
Okay man, whatever you say.

Who said it was strictly masculine?

Tits aren't strictly feminine either.

Muscles on a woman are like tits on a guy.

>Tits aren't strictly feminine either.
Keep digging gayboi

>Tits aren't strictly feminine either.
I wanted to object but I recall Veeky Forumsizen with gyno so bad mods banned him for posting the picture of it, so maybe you are onto something...

You are either american or black, most likely both.
With your unhealthy fat fetish, big buts and tits.
The rest of the world find healthy individuals attractive.

Look man, it's okay to be gay. It's 2017. Just accept it and stop hiding it. We all know you just want to fuck a man in the ass. Come out of the closet bro. Nobody will judge you here.

You don't need to keep fapping to musclegirls to convince people (and yourself) that you're straight.

She does too many crunches, now enough lifts

>"Which train should I get on?"
>That depends, where are you trying to go?
>"Fucking meme answer!"

>Muscle girls are totally gay guys.
>Also, tits aren't strictly feminine either, it's 2017, anyone can get plastic surgery.
LMAOing at your life.

I don't have a fat fetish. Fat chicks are about as unattractive as muscular chicks.

I'm not mentally ill like you freaks. I'm a normal healthy heterosexual male and I like thin, conventionally attractive girls without rolls of fat or bulging muscles. Obviously, on Veeky Forums that makes me an anomally.

>what is gyno

I don't know your weird LGBTBBQ terminology faggot.

Gynocomastia aka "man boobs"

Google it faggot.

Why would I google man titties faggot? Take your weird fetish shit somewhere else.

Straight people generally don't feel the need to let others know how straight they are.

Just saying...

>being this assblasted about getting outed as a queer

I've seen many things on Veeky Forums, from people jacking off to people being mutilated to neo-nazi homosexual furries calling for a race war against the communistic cis-gendered scalies. However, you sir are the biggest faggot on this site. Yes, you're a bigger faggot then all the cuckold threads on /gif/ combined, a bigger faggot then moot and nipboss, a faggot so impressive in it's stature that even OP's faggotry is nothing compared to you. You're not an anomaly on Veeky Forums, you're a fucking normie. Go back to whatever suburban house you come from and go back to posting on Reddit and Facebook.
>Man boobs
>posts picture of a fat piece of shit
Convincing argument. Now my rebuttal. Lose some fucking weight, or learn how to make knots properly.

I WANT TO BITE THAT GUT AND THOSE BOOBS!!! I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE HIS BODY SHAPE HMU 4 FUN

I mean when you're surrounded by queers and other mentally ill degenerates it's important to let them know where you stand.

what if the reason I like musclegirls is because of the discipline and dedication that her level of fitness indicates?

>he thinks losing weight will get rid of his manboobs

user...

yep, like most closet cases overuse the term gay as something thats not good. The need to attribute everything negative to gay in order to convince others the person isnt gay.

teeheehee closet case faggots

So why aren't you attracted to musclemen? Do they not also demonstrate discipline and dedication?

It did with me. I was fucking 300 pounds and man tits, and now I'm 190 pounds and no man tits. Still a bit flabby though, and have stretch marks because I was fatass, but I've learned my lesson.

In nature, muscled females are more attractive than ordinary females because they're more fit to survive and will likely bare strong children. The same can be said for human women. This is basic biology user.

It's a weird-ass condition were men grow tits, not man-boobs, but actual tits. It's usually a side effect of modern medicine or steroid abuse, but rarely someone's genetics will fuck them over.

Why are you hanging around "queers and mentally ill degenerates" in the first place?

because I like women?

>Looks up man titties
>Calling others gay

actually it depends, gyno and moobage are the same but they're caused by two different things.

Gyno is from tissue growing in the breast region from stuff like puberty, steroid abuse whereas moobage is fat

The way to tell is to squeeze your moobs and if you feel a hard lump its gyno but if its soft its just fat

>In nature, muscled females are more attractive than ordinary females because they're more fit to survive and will likely bare strong children. The same can be said for human women. This is basic biology user.

According to professor shit-for-brains here, these are the most attractive girls in the world.

Faggot.

t. lazy fat piece of shit.

Assuming you don't go through dramatic weight loss, like from plastic surgery, you generally won't worry about skin flaps like Star Jones after dropping a few dozen pounds of excess weight.

>it's not an answer because I don't like it

I only come here to shitpost m8.

Don't you still have loose skin after losing weight? I saw this dude on Veeky Forums who lost like 150 lbs and had crazy loose skin.

If I can accept that people get turned on by dogs, feet, shit (as in, literally feces), and floor tiles, I can accept that someone out there finds these ladies attractive.

Of course, there's a difference between professional body builders and people who build muscle for practical reasons.

me on the right :)

Those are milfs long past their prime, and they are clearly infertile. Hence, they are not attractive. Try a bit harder next time.

>I only come here to shitpost m8.
Then you already gobble cocks and are a gayboi in denial.

Yeah I can accept that people are attracted to all that shit, I'm just pointing out that they're mentally ill.

> it's not an answer because it doesn't add anything to the discussion

Yeah if you are like fat as fuck boogie tier then lose a shitload of weight but I think if you gradually lose weight at a steady pace your body adjusts to it. Also stretch marks

I'm wondering, is going from 300 pounds to 190 in a span of five to six years dramatic? Not likely, but I still feel I should of done better. However, I did get down to 160 and I didn't look very healthy. Too skinny for a 6'1 male that's a poultry farmer
I do have some lose skin, but since I was 300 pounds as a teenager (17,18) and I'm now 25 at 190 pounds, my skin isn't loose. If I didn't lose my weight till I was older, then yeah I would have crazy ass loose skin.

You're posting pictures of man-titties and somehow accuse others of being mentally ill?

Okay

>lol okay fag
I fuck chicks and dudes. And you're honestly retarded. Girls can be fit and attractive.

It's honestly pretty much impossible for a girl to be to muscular outside of roids. And by that point they've got more test in their bodies then most dudes so calling them women is a bit of a misnomer.

>I'm a normal healthy heterosexual male
Kek. I've fucked guys like you. I'm sure you'll get over it in a few years.

That photo is actually racist.
Shes clearly a negroid mixed with something else.
But they paint her face red and put feathers here and there and think she's similar to a native south american because of her light brown skin.

> he spends his Saturday anonymously shitposting about musclegirls and what is and what isn't faggotry on a Croatian Sky-Diving Circle with almost a million social rejects, /pol/tards, and neckbeards across the globe, yet he has the audacity to accuse others of mental illness

>I'm wondering, is going from 300 pounds to 190 in a span of five to six years dramatic?
Oh god no, that's actually fairly reasonable. I'm talking about someone going under for liposuction and going from 300 to 167 in less than a day.

What the fuck is wrong with her face? Also, her body is average, 5/10

>still replying
>still mad

>I fuck chicks and dudes
So you're bi then. Glad you finally admitted your mental illness.

Thing is, if you're straight (i.e. not attracted to men) you won't find muscular girls attractive.

Science-hating, religious fundamentalist headhunters who can't understand their own cult any longer because language drift made its rituals and records unintelligible to them is as primitive as I go at max. Anything more primitive would be just silly.

>he spends his saturday replying and getting more and more mad

>kate upton is a 5/10

Okay Mr Neckbeard Fedora-san

It's okay bb. I'll let you suck my dick.
Nobody has to know.

You can still shout about how straight you are after.

But user, only wh*tes can be racist

She's the most average looking woman I have ever seen, hence 5/10. And her face is like a prepubescent boys, not attractive at all.

So 5/10, would ignore.

This is why people hate you.

Vikings or mongols.
Cavemen/tribesmen are fucking boring.

>international supermodel and actress and sports illustrated swimsuit model
>5/10

Fag.

> he implies I'm infuriated by his ignorance, and that I've got better things I could be doing than arguing with complete strangers on a global digititalized information depository

You're right about one thing.

Generally speaking that's way too setting related to generalize.

>still replying
>still mad

>implying being a model means anything

All you need are rich relatives and the
willingness to suck a cock. Beauty has nothing to do with it. Also, Photoshop you retard.

>Posts on Veeky Forums
>Calling others mentally ill
Kk senpai, you can pretend that everyone else is mad if you want.

My setting has !Not!Vikings, !Not!Mongols, !Not!Aztecs, !Not!Zulu, !Not!Xhosa, and !Not!Aborigines.