So I asked my players what kind of main antagonist they would want for the next campaign, and they want him to be:

So I asked my players what kind of main antagonist they would want for the next campaign, and they want him to be:
>an undead
>a king
>not!mexican
>funny
>all things considered, a pretty decent guy

How would you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/9r1qr
youtube.com/watch?v=LRYNWfJzfVE
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38346753#38346989
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, for the character, it's pretty obvious you want a singing, dancing disney-villain Mexican/Incan king.

For plot, since they want 'a pretty decent guy', the character should be a foil and competitor rather than a straight antagonist. Perhaps the plot involves racing to reach a certain location or acquire a treasure, and this fellow wants it too?

Or, actually, perhaps he in his incan rainforest city, he guards a treasure or reliquary which the PCs want to nick? Bonus points if he doesn't take attempts to steal it personally, and attempts to give them a good fighting chance to succeed.

Lewie, but Mexican. He's a pretty bad guy, but that doesn't make him a bad guy.

My first thought was a sort of undead cartel-boss. It's playing the king part a tad loose but I like the idea of a crime boss who attained his station due to being basically unkillable (at least for normal people). Just make him a charasmatic leader figure with a good sense of humor and he could be a pretty decent villain.

a bandit lich would be an interesting twist.

Your players want Matador.

And if they don't want Matador, fuck them. Give them Matador.

As odd as it sounds, I was toying around with a similar idea for a little while now. Essentially, you should go with a kingdom of hard-partying undead that is Dio de los Muertos themed. Call them "Hexicans" if you like. They and their king are all merry, friendly and mildly mad, wanting to spread their "joy of life" to their neighboring nations, but don't quite realize that the rest of the world might not want to party like they do.

A conquistador who has been chosen by Atropus to be his herald upon the world.

He arrives in a meteor years before campaign start and begins to do what he must to prepare the world for consumption. Once they finally destroy him, the World Born Dead arrives and brings him back for round two.

During the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire, a conquistador by the name of Salvador Muerte was cursed by a powerful native Shaman to forever walk the earth until nothing remained of him but empty bones: never to know the sweet release of death. Salvador laughed this off as pagan nonsense and had the old man executed along with the rest of his tribe.
In reward to his service to King, Country, and God, Salvador was made royal governor of the new colony, and assumed his duties with an even hand and a passion for the common people, offering prisoners, prostitutes, and orphans a fresh start in the New World. As time went on, Salvador's hair grew long and grey, then fell out. By his 80th birthday, it became clear to him that something was very wrong. As his wrinkled skin grew tighter around his old bones day by day yet still he remained in perfect health, he came to remember the old man who cursed him so very long ago and privately wondered if this was the curse come to light.

Finally, when his skin began to slough off in great wrinkled heaps and he found more and more that his bones lay bare he could deny it no longer. Surprisingly, however, Salvador was markedly at ease with this curse, preferring instead to view eternal life, even at the cost of his looks, as a boon from the graces of God.

He continued to govern and his people soon became used to the sight of his clattering bones around the province. In his old age, Salvador grew to care deeply for his people, mingling amongst them, working beside them, and delighting children on the Day of the Dead by jumping out and frightening them, soon becoming a living icon of the beloved holiday. After over a century of service to the King, he came to resent him for his harsh taxes and refusal to heed the pleas of commoners. Salvador led his people in an uprising of independence, and after a year of fighting, Salvador declared himself monarch of a New World kingdom.

Have him challenge them to a duel

I was thinking this too. Undead Mexican King that just wants the best goddamn Dia de Muertos the living world ever saw. Doesn't appreciate however that his undead denizens can party a lot harder than mortals can.

>tfw mexican
y-you guys do know mexico is more than drugs and lucha libre, right?

Yes. It's a glorious history of revolution after revolution until finally something stuck and many wars between strongmen and republican idealogues.

Pity you haven't had any good revolutions lately, but there's still hope.

Have his last name be Matamoros; a little less on the nose, and Moor Killer is a still a pretty death-y name. Otherwise, good shit.

This, make them remember buffs

Remeber the passion of fiery latino lovers. Have antagonist fall in love with PC's Skeleton and try to woo it. Not the PC. Their skeleton.

Of course. There are tacos involved too.

webmshare.com/9r1qr

Not Mexican exactly, but not far off.

Tryrlooking at red death from venture bros as an inspiration, he fulfills most of the criteria

Either this, or something like a supercharged version of Raul from Fallout: New Vegas; a relentless, undying vaquero vigilante gunslinger. Have a situation where he doesn't have a personal issue with the PCs, but someone they need to or are trying to protect is on his list, so they need some way of stalling an unstoppable killing machine that never tires.

Or mix them both together.

You're gonna need some tribal
youtube.com/watch?v=LRYNWfJzfVE

>Incan king
>not ikana
if captain keeta were here i'd have him behead you for that

This looks like a job for Zombie Zorro!

The party has been hired by the Generalissimo to eradicate the scourge of the undead! There are occasionally problems with state sponsored mine workers, usually of the formerly-retired and vitally-challenged variety, where they get loose and run rampant across the countryside. The party simply must help deal with the problem before it gets out of hand, which is to say before anyone important notices.

The only problem is that, in the course of their adventures, a noticably-undead swashbuckler fights the party off, complicating everything as he interferes in their increasingly gray mop-up operations.

Dominant themes include La Dia de la Muerta, the impoverished being driven out of work by cheap zombie labor, robin hood-esque tax theft/evasion/fraud, and a grand masquerade ball at the Governor's Mansion where Don Pedro, Don Juan, Don Sebastian, Don Carlos, and Don Fulgencio all appear, where the party must discover the villain before he re-enacts Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death." Keep Zombie Zorro's intentions noble, methods extreme to absurd, and willingness to negotiate minimal.

I want my next lich to be fat, but I'm not sure if it would be better for him to be a skull-headed Skeletor or a full skeleton whose clothes just fit him as if he were a big guy.

he's a mummified corpse with half-rotten fat under the parchment skin
he stores some dangerous shit in his fat, like extra spell focus or jar with a demon or undeath bomb or all at once

Or just a seething mass of animated viscera, each encased in a fatty sheathe to placate them.

This is brilliant, thanks.

Thank you frem, Muerte was a stand in as I couldn't think of anything better at the time.

Salvador Matamoros it is!

Kinda sad I've only got one (You) so far, but whatever

(you)r idea was pretty cool bro

got it in one.

What's the deal with those boots?

Thank frem

bump

Manny Calavera, crowned evil king of the dead.

There's also the version of Xibalba in The Book of Life.

Once he gets called out on his dickishness, he becomes a pretty decent guy.

I thought Xibalba was a place?

Probably. I harbor serious doubts as to the mythological legitimacy of The Book of Life.
In the movie, Xibalba is the ruler of pretty much hell, and makes bets with his wife La Muerte, who rules pretty much heaven. But he always cheats when he bets, which makes her hate him. But when he apologizes near the end, they make up and he winds up being not that bad a dude.

Sounds to me like you want K'ban Pete, King of the Rhumba beat

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38346753#38346989

It's like a peacock thing in northern mexico

bump

Fuck the fuck yeah

Manny's a dick tho

He's a funny dick tho

Fair enough tho

I thought those were Sword-Shoes from the the thumbnail. I am kinda disappointed now.

edgy grandpa