The hero market just tanked. Who do you hire for a position in middle-management?

The hero market just tanked. Who do you hire for a position in middle-management?

You're pretty good with a sword ya? You can work bodyguard duty for my miners. I don't know why there are undead warriors in the mines but I'd rather pay you guys then pay for medical expenses from getting stabbed with rusty spears.

Depends. If red lady has leadership experience, her resume won't be immediately trashed.

far right is best girl

1. seems too uptight
2. idol-tier personality that is bubbly but never gets any work done, most likely to be a total slut
3. very strict and bossy, not exactly what i need in my position
4. good balance of tidiness and niceness. seems a bit annoyed at everything though
5. might be too nervous to do the job correctly

>Who do you hire for a position in middle-management?

This girl.

out of those 5 or just any hero/ex-hero in particular?

Far right seems like a team player. But middle might have more experience. I think I'll go through their references and come back after lunch.

I interview each of them properly, examine their backgrounds and references, and make an objective decision based on what information I have gathered from these sources.

>hurr durr why dun u just luk at dere faces? XD

Because I am not a pleb.

t. human resources employee

What is best in life?

To crush your employees social lives, to burn down the work ahead of you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Second from the left. She's the only one who wore pants, and I need that kind of preparedness working for me

for a middle-management job

I'm going with number 5 she keeps her eye on the job, don't get distracted by the red armour slut. she also not judging her too.

Assuming they're all equally qualified, I'd have to go for the second from the right.
Then start a steamy office romance with her.
Christmas cake is my fetish.

Middle is perfect upper management.
>strong
>focused
>motivated
>eyes forward
>no meek expression

5 is middle management
>slightly distracted
>still focused
>demure

Only the weak are cowed by tradition.

I'll take the chick on the far left she looks like she can put up with some bullshit and that's the kind of manager I need.

3 is da biggest so she's da mid-boss

I promote someone from lower management.

But THEY ARE the women!

>The hero market just tanked
What? How is that even possible? Hero is a profession, not a resource.

Well, maybe at the start, when we're looking at fairy tale level heroes. When we look at bigger heroes and organizations, such as the Justice league, the hero organization from one punch man or the one from hero academia, they're pretty much businesses at that point.
I think it's even discussed in OPM how the hero association is having trouble with money
And since they rely on donations, it's very possible that they'd resort to the stock market to fund themselves at some point.
Then, something happens that eliminates or greatly reduces the need for heroes(BBEG gets defetead, demonic portal gets closed, unspeakable evil is pushed back into darkness, etc). In that scenario you'd have a market crash
Heroes wouldn't have anything to do or any reason at all to exist, so they'd be pretty much just super-powered unemployed people.

But each hero is still an individual with unique and sought after skills in high demand. A hero could use their superpowers or experience for things other than fighting monsters or crime. Like how a man with super strength could be very useful at a construction company.
And even if one "hero" company went bankrupt, there would still be others to take it's place. That's almost the entire point of capitalism, if somebody can't do it right, there will be somebody else who can do it right, and somebody else as well, and they all compete to make the best goods and services possible. There would be competing superhero security companies. Also, the hero association in OPM is funded solely by a billionaire and whatever generous donations the public gives, it's a unique entity, because it's goal was never to make a profit, but to simply keep the public safe. Like how when government contractors get handed blank checks, they don't give a damn about how much it costs to make a product, because money is no object and they may as well milk it for all it's worth. If the hero association was a corporation, the "public", or stockholders, would be much more active in making sure the HA gets enough money and provides as great a service for as little cost as can be managed.

Wha-...Wha-... MID BOSS?!

>Pants mean you're more prepared than people in skirts
Buh-buh-buhwut?

None of them. I hire the CEO's niece, like he told me to.

Yay, nepotism.

I read that as "Take your damn CIO the soof"

Only if they're tearaway

3 has serious resolve in her eyes. Just look at that poker face, it screams determination and not taking shit from anyone. You need that to make change happen. The sheer stones it takes to roll up in her battle-stripper outfit also betrays extreme confidence but also humility, which is just what you need in a leadership role. Get her into a nice pantsuit and she could kick some metaphorical ass at the conference table. Being like 7 feet tall gets the halo effect going for her. Her hero experience adds a whole new perspective to the discussion.

If 3 knows her shit (or can be quickly trained to know it), and can be convinced to wear a sharp suit to work, then she's getting the job.

4 gets second place for not appearing to take as much shit.

5 is a metaphorical trap: she might be making eye contact, but seems like a shameless yes-woman. Exactly the kind of manager who will filter out unpleasant news, simply suffer through inefficiency and nonsense instead of fixing it, and make my organization stagnate. No thanks, I'll take the iron-willed amazon instead.

>1 is wondering if trying to get a job here is worth it
>2 is worried that she might be dangerous
>4 is aroused but not amused
>5 is trying to pretend she doesn't exist

Long skirt or maybe pants suit seeing as they are the only ones properly dressed for an interview. The adventurer can join security.

I hate this shitty Nip meme. They manage to economise fucking heroism.
>this is the Hero of this setting!! Just like that videogame you played!

What industry are we in?

About any setting with Adventurers' Guilds work on an economy-based system.
From low-tech fantasy to postcyber, there are systems to monetize Hero abilities

The centre one wore armor, surely that's even more prepared than pants?

if she was that prepared she could have worn MORE armour. Though she did wear more armour than the rest of them, so you're still technically right.

>she could have worn MORE armour

You don't need a full set to beat a hiring manager. And you want the encumbrance to carry out all the jewelry, credit cards, and electronics that office-workers drop.

>Also, the hero association in OPM is funded solely by a billionaire and whatever generous donations the public gives, it's a unique entity, because it's goal was never to make a profit, but to simply keep the public safe.

If a corporation's primary function is not to make a profit, then it's not a fucking corporation any more.

It is a charity.

so, a corporation, who sells things to the public and earns a large profit, decides to switch it's focus to funding the hero association, whilst maintaining the same level of profit, and it's suddenly not a corporation? It's still earning tonnes, it's just no longer focused on that.

Non-profit corporations exist...

Therr are only so many Ancient Evils in the world user. Eventually the day will come when all the Eldar Gods have been cast down, the last Unspeakable Evil tome has been burned, and all the nascent evil overlords will realize there is an easier way to ruin the world and live out their power fantasies by going into banking or finance. When that day comes, the day there are no more dungeons to loot, the plucky band of heroes will need to seek jobs in the private sector. Oh sure, some will land government positions and a few will fiND work in living museums or what have you, but most will find themselves wishing they had put fewet points into spell slots or multi attack and had instead focused on PowerPoint and Spreadsheets.

>The only right choice

>wearing pants makes you a slut
What year is it?