What should KP do if player insist to scan a whole magic book to the internet?

Long story short, a modern Japanese background campaign. After PL killed a cultist and got his book. The book had a spell about making zombie and increase 8 cthulhu myth knowledge. One character decided to scan that book and share that along the internet forums , to see if they can find out more informations. Well, since that's a modern background, i decided that supernatural stuffs can be recorded by cell phones.
I don't want to do something like "no one take that seriously, most people believe that it is made up by some supernatural magazines , for creating hot topics"

Pic is one of the PC

Different Options my man.

1. He post's it on /x/ and gets nonsensical replies from the paranormal experts whose list of accomplishments are binge watching Supernatural.

2. Delta Green frowns upon his shenanigans and sends out a team.

3. Google buries it under 194 ads and no one sees it.

But what if...

4. Mass awakening of Susceptible Teens to mythos knowledge prompts hysteria and increased suicide rates. No one notices.

I have a similar situation before. I decide there is a secret police organization due with these thing. First they hack the post and modify some key information in the book, photoshoped , etc. Secondly there is lots of similar books appear in the internet on the same time.
Third , a package just appear on the character 's bed. Inside is a warning letter and a few bullets . Something like forgot everything or next time the bullet will be in your head.

>It gets posted on /x/
>Is ignored in favor of 20 Flat Earth and "How do I summon a Succubus / Tulpa" threads
>Nobody gives a fuck about Mythos Magic

You can always also make it adversely affect the machine. Maybe scanning it produces corrupted files that can't be deleted. Over time they can be seen to move around the directory on their own, and occasionally increase in filesize while other files in those directories just disappear.

Ooh, I like this one, what if the media starts to report homeless attacks are on the rise and stress people should remain in well lit streets and areas?

I get the feeling that the flat earthers are the type of people who have never left twenty miles of the city they were born in.

>The book had a spell about making zombie and increase 8 cthulhu myth knowledge. One character decided to scan that book and share that along the internet forums
Bad things can come from simply directly scanning dark eldritch tomes onto the internet.
You could get a stalker.

The Laundry Files Rpg had something like that where most people who saw it assumed it was an overly detailed role playing supplement.

Figure for every hundred or so people who see it only one or two full pay it enough attention.

Also keep in mind, what language is it in? Mythos tomes are not generally known to be in any easy to translate language.

>a spell book gets shared online
>in Japan
Well user, if my edgy 90s ghost anime are anything to go by, Japanese teens love that occult shit and they all do it for a dare or to see what will happen.

Boom, mass outbreaks of supernatural stuff and the formation of new cults as some kids get the hang of how it works.

Maybe have the police completely baffled and the Yakuza curious if they can use these kids as a weapon.

I feel like this is the kind of shit where you could cross-dip into stuff like Inevitables from 3rd Ed DnD which basically were made for GMs to punish players with and use that as the stalker.

Unless the guy was just there for a one shot, why not just go with it?

Allow the natural outcome to happen. Madness, etc. Your game just became a post apoc game.

A certain percentage of people across the world go mad as the thing goes viral. Zombies start popping up because of the small percentage (but still a large number) who can make it happen - and that causes even more madness and chaos.

The game turns in to a random violence survival game for a few in game months before it goes full tilt into an apoc setting. When the characters die, that campaign is over and you start a new one.

user, you can only write spells on pure human flesh (preferibly from a female virgin). Scanning it would only show gibberish letters

>You can always also make it adversely affect the machine. Maybe scanning it produces corrupted files that can't be deleted. Over time they can be seen to move around the directory on their own, and occasionally increase in filesize while other files in those directories just disappear.
I enjoyed this post greatly.

>. The book had a spell about making zombie and increase 8 cthulhu myth knowledge. One character decided to scan that book and share that along the internet

Yep, that's a zombie apocalypse al' right.

The file becomes

corrupt

I can totally see a urban legend/creepypasta about the pdf file that teaches people how to raise zombies and drive them crazy.

>scan that book and share that along the internet forums
They get more trouble than they bargained for as wacked out cultists, curious teens, and paranormal investigators start going after them.

>internet forums get DDOSed
>file gets mysteriously deleted
>players get v&
>bad end

>internet forums get DDOSed
>file gets mysteriously deleted
>players notice suspicious vans and attempted vanning
>get caught up in a high-octane shadow war between feds and cultists
FTFY

I remember this being the plot of an early Buffy episode, complete with the usual complete misunderstanding of how actual tech works.

Male virgins should work just as fine, as long as it's adequately tanned.

The file will still circulate on the Internet.

This. Things don't always have to go back to status quo.

According to the latest Delta Green?

Nothing happens. Any books copy and pasted do nothing. You need the actual book and you need to study it in detail for days and days.

In Japan? Do you have any idea how much teenagers love their spooky rituals in that country? I hope to god the spell is either prohibitively expensive or dangerous, and can't be performed by 5 kids in a club room after school.