I need to make an American character for my upcoming game

I need to make an American character for my upcoming game.

Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_KQTjNXNCD0&ab_channel=AngronThal'kyr
youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. big muskles
2. bigger gun
3. biggest PENIS

Just one thing

So, you're too stupid to come up with your own character and you're also too stupid to give any details about what the fuck you're playing your American character in. Go choke on a fucking burger.

>land of plenty
>fierce independence
>hatred of tyranny
>self-motivated moral compass
>marshal prowess

Make him cocky and arrogant but begrudgingly correct.
If he isn't likable, he doesn't care about being liked.

The key word is tolerance, not acceptance.

GURPS asshole

>you're too stupid
Playing an American perfectly.

>it's a thinly veiled 'excuse to mock Americans' thread

You do know that you're is the contraction of you are, right? And that your is possessive?
>found the american

Did you have any particular area in mind for them to be from? There are a lot of stereotypes varying by region and in some cases by city.

I was saying that OP was stupid and thus playing an American already, not that someone else made a grammatical goof.

Glad we cleared that up.

O B S E S S E D

youtube.com/watch?v=_KQTjNXNCD0&ab_channel=AngronThal'kyr

How safe is it for an American to travel overseas right now? I'd like to but I don't want to get attacked by a mob because Trump said some dumb shit on his twitter account.

I would just keep my head down, be quiet and go to the tourist attractions and landmarks. Everyone hates Americans online, I've come to accept that, but lately the comments have been exceptionally vicious and makes me worry about traveling overseas.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8

You could just make them descended from whatever your culture is or from there.
Where are you from OP?

>buying into the media scare tactics
It's perfectly fine. As long as you're not in Iraq or some bullshit no one cares. I've been all over the world and the worst thing is that I was called a white devil in Cantonese.

It depends really, is it an American soldier, an office worker, a redneck, a rich guy, poor guy, what?

Anyway, in general, memes aside:
>Well armed, but not a lot of practice. Doesn't know how to move in a firefight.
>Can be tactful, always ready to do business or co-operate, but headstrong and unwilling to compromise.
>Problem with authorities abusing their power.
>Willing to be told what to do, but usually wants to do it his way.
>Not in the best of shape, but able to run for a while if he needs to.
>Intense distrust of Russians
>Generally knowledgeable, but lacks the ability to put that knowledge into practice.

I'm unironically sensitive to that kind of stuff and being called a name like that for no reason would crush me. I'm a cuck who believes in universal brotherhood and shit like that

Why did they call you that? Was it random? Any other bad experiences overseas?

They were chinese. The chinese are scum

Why do I get the impression that you somehow might have provoked this?

dont be a pussy. the people calling you 'white devil' probably get called human garbage or worse by their own community daily

How do I not be a pussy? I'm kind of a huge coward and scared of getting my ass kicked

Not him. Just making an assumption. Every story I've heard about having to go to china for business has been a bad one

Jesus wept, user. Pull your balls out of your purse. The world is cruel and random and nobody cares about you. Live with it; it's not a big deal.

Okay then can you help me by answering this question?

It was just some blue collar construction types. They just said "guelo" or how ever it's spelled as we passed. They probably assumed I didn't even know what it meant. Also, occasionally youths would come up to you and say "Hello, friend!" very enthusiastically. It's an inside joke.

if you go into a foreign (ie 3rd world) city and look like you are going to shit your pants, then you will get mugged
if you travel in a group and don't look like a general fag boy people will leave you alone or try to sell you something

wear a chain on your wallet

How poor an understanding of reality must you need to think that's an issue? Tens of millions of Americans are travelling abroad every day and they're absolutely fine. Do you think they're performing mass American lynchings in Europe? Are you retarded?

What do you mean it's an inside joke? What's the joke?

Well, to be fair, with the current culsterfuck in europe, there ARE places where no white man should go. They're mostly limited to certain neighborhoods of cities though and it should be easy to find out where to not go by just asking

Just do whatever you want and become indignant when anyone asks you not to.

generally you can tell by the large SHARIA LAW IN EFFECT posters and the smell of shit

Just do what you'd do in the US. Avoid places with too many brown people

There's clusterfucks everywhere people of X,Y,Z shouldn't go based on regional demographics and historical context. Its just catching up to whitey finally.

You ever been to a Mexican/Chinese restaurant and someone says to the waiter hello or thanks in what they assume is their native language? It's kind of like that.

That's been true forever and isn't caused by America's current political climate. I went to Paris 10(?) years ago and people warned me not to go in certain neighbourhoods. That's just par for the course when travelling.

I'm Canadian so I get mistaken for an American all the time in other countries and it's never been an issue.

Learn to throw a punch and get into a couple fights so you know how pain feels. There's no magic bullet for manning the fuck up, so do that or just be happy with being a pushover.

Change comes from within.

Is it mean spirited or just kind of like sincere but ignorant? I'm confused. I wouldn't be offended if they were legit trying to interact with me but if they were doing it to humiliate me then I'd be pissed

gwai-lo in real-people letters, some crazy chicken-scratch in theirs

You sound like an ignorant bitch.

Its making fun of you because you're too stupid to know any better, and can't do anything about it.

And some bullshit like "Cerf" when they transilterate their bullshit to the roman alphabet.
The chinese language is fucked

Well fuck you too

>parody of speech that still holds to the letter of social convention
They are not your friend, they think its a funny/stupid thing americans say, so they say it at americans who don't know any better. Its like an ironic 'howdy partner' or calling an obvious herb a guint, or iseeyou'reagangster.jpg

cute

Yaeh, this guy explained it better than me.

I will keep hating you on internet but I wouldn't bring it to real life, I don't want to be more of an asshole than I ialready am
t. belarus

What's the proper response to that? Shove them out of the way?

Just ignore them.

>Shove them out of the way?
You never respond with physical violence you chimp. Where were you raised? Just ignore them.

don't give them (You)s
pretend they don't exist

I think you are retarded, but if you really scared, go to eastern europe. Cheap, beautiful and likes americans

>Eastern Europe
>likes Americans

I usually just laughed. I thought it was funny.

Yeah sorry I guess that does sound autistic as shit.

We don't? Wew, something new for me.
Oh, maybe you are talking about these "more tanned" americans? If yes, then you are probably right i guess.

Never had a problem with anyone in Poland.

>I'd like to but I don't want to get attacked by a mob because Trump said some dumb shit on his twitter account.
>getting attacked for being an American in Europe
The only people who would attack you for that are some black block faggots or muslims.
>Everyone hates americans online
Lol in the left leaning spheres maybe. How about you get in shape and learn how to fight?

Poland actually likes the US, as evidenced by them being one of the only countries that actually tries to meet the NATO funding goals

How does one go about learning how to fight?

>eastern europe
>hates americans
No, they just hate each other.

>marshal prowess

Dude, I haven't seen a Marshall's in ages, I think they're only in Canada now.

1) Lift
2) Cardio
3) Boxing as starting martial art

Then after that you should be big enough, agile enough, and having enough experience to handle the uninitiated. I mean there is a lot of weird shit some people do. I actually used to know a gang banger who would do push ups on his knuckles to get stronger calluses there and to toughen up his knuckles in general. mostly you just gotta pic related

-4 Int

+4 Charisma, but only under specific circumstances

Here's your alignment chart.

Where in America?

This seems to be mostly accurate, though the "well armed" part depends a lot on where in America you are.

Also I remember some thread from ages ago had a New Zealander saying that the main thing he took away from his encounters with Americans is that we're all unreasonably happy all the time. Not in giddy kind of way, just we always seem to be in a generally good mood, and the Kiwi (and, according to him, most New Zealanders, and indeed most of the planet) didn't really understand why and thought it was weird, in a "what do you have to smile about?" kind of way.

Then again I think his only encounter with Americans was tourists to New Zealand, who presumably would be generally happy whilst there since they're on vacation.

Huh, I've always seen it Romanized as "gweilo".

How about this:
>usually friendly, but is vicious when provoked
>is willing to consider other people's options, but must be thoroughly convinced if he at first rejects them; usually prefers doing things his own way
>likes to be around easygoing people, especially those that can give and take a joke
>innovative, but short-sighted
>resourceful to the point of being oblivious to the potential consequences of takings or using said resources
>always willing to try new things, and modify them into other things
>doesn't trust authorities
>claps when arriving at a new location

>How safe is it for an American to travel overseas right now? I'd like to but I don't want to get attacked by a mob because Trump said some dumb shit on his twitter Given the amount of protesting covered in the wake of the 2016 election they'll probably be only skeptical of you rather than outright assume you are the person they feel they need to hate.

>Everyone hates Americans online
Everyone hates each other online. Americans are just have more presence and willingness to be bashed.
Be glad that you are not an Australian or, God forgive me for saying this, a fucking leaf.

This American user was just visiting poland and the Czech republic
The people were friendly and polite I felt totally comfortable despite not speaking polish or czech as most everyone spoke english
That being said they were really hostile to the Russian speaking folks in the group I'm traveling with
They have not forgotten years of Soviet oppression

TLDR
Like America and speak English but hate Russia

Don't forget to use the rules about being fat, especially the one about clothes being more expensive or harder to find because you have to go to the big and tall store

I've heard people hypothesize that murricans are more conditioned to rely on gestures because we have a better chance of running into somebody who doesn't speak their language. So, people usually think of murricans as either happy or smiling inappropriately, but it might just be that we're in the habit for actual reasons.

75% likely would follow and mug in Scotland.

By fighting. You'll find out quickly if you're good at it or not.

That is a legit concern for Americans that live in Asia, especially women.

Wouldn't that be more common in Europe?

Nah, everyone speaks along the English-French/Russian/German line

Something I've noticed is that a lot of Americans tend to view the role of president (If not the individual presidents themselves) as something bordering on the holy, along with the constitution.

That always struck me as an interesting trait, where I'm from we have a lot less respect for the leader of the country/initial legal documents.

The president part probably comes from the fact that the first president was a big damn war hero who helped get us our independence.
The constitution part... shouldn't it normally be that way? I mean, the entire basis of your law should be something held in high regard, no?

They're in the US too, sometimes paired with Ross stores (at least around here).

But it's just a bunch of laws who the fuck cares

In europe it was normal for countries to have their own laws

>Marshal (sic) prowess
But he can't beat a farmer in a fight?

I... Don't understand what you're saying
Like I half get the first statement, and retort with pointing out it's important to care about your laws and the thing they all stem from, but I have no clue what your second sentence is trying to say

>The constitution part... shouldn't it normally be that way? I mean, the entire basis of your law should be something held in high regard, no?

Generally we tend to view them more as 'A legal document that's a product of the time'. A lot more freely changed.

European countries have all had laws for a long time and they just slowly evolved, even with countries gaining independence from another throne it wasn't some jubilant cause for celebration because you just get some other guys to write laws on what you can't do.

Also, a lot of countries got their laws fucked with during stuff like napoleonic times and never rewrote them completely, they just moved on and made some changes/turned back some laws

Ah. I get that line of thought but that's why we have amendments. Part of the reason the constitution is in such high regard is that it's so damn hard to modify it, and once amended, only another amendment can undo that (See: Prohibition)
I still don't understand what you mean by the second sentence though

>I still don't understand what you mean by the second sentence though

Of the first post or the second? If you mean:

>That always struck me as an interesting trait, where I'm from we have a lot less respect for the leader of the country/initial legal documents.

I meant more stuff like...it's a lot more common to see jokes about such things outside america (And in America them seem to be mostly jokes about a President you don't like rather than treating the position as something that can inherently be part of jokes). Like, in Australia we had a SITCOM about our Prime Minister. While she was in office. Complete with her getting locked in a bathroom while her security accidentally went off guarding someone else.

It's not that we don't LIKE such things, it's that we have a lot less reverence for the concept of the position/consider most early document...just that. Early documents. The American constitution tends to get a lot more reverence as a basic idea, with anything that might try to change it needing massive momentum.

I think part of it might be a cultural thing in Aus where politicians tend to get looked down on if they are not 'Connected to the average bloke' enough.

You can make the character be and act like anyone you want. You have the freedom to do that. Inevitably, you're going to want to be Duke Nukem somewhere down the line, but that's been done before. So play as his Democrat step brother, Dick Kickem. An overworked and underpaid office manager who's taken too much shit from too many european stockholder fucks who think they know how to run his company better than he does. He hates having to balance managing a bunch of incompetents to somehow keep his marketing firm running, listening to his wife who can't stop nagging him over not being there for his daughter's ballerina lessons, sticking to his vegan diet while vigorously excercising every day, and the daily encounters with your friendly neighborhood nig-er, minorities-on the way to work. All this stress from interacting with so many idiots every single day eats away at him, and he's just counting the days when he'll have enough money to get a new identity and prime real estate in Micronesia from Jim in marketing. Boom, one American character with backstory. Will that be for here or to go?

The changes to the constitution need massive momentum cause it's designed that way. The thing was designed to be the FINAL word of the law that supercedes all others and, as such, needs most of the nation to approve of any potential changes before they happen.

That's the funny thing about romanization. None of them are actually "right". You're good as long as the phonetics line up decent enough.

Oh yeah, I can understand it being designed that way/the results.

It's just not an opinion that always flows into other countries with a less rock hard basis for the laws. So it's an interesting cultural difference with americans.

>The American constitution tends to get a lot more reverence as a basic idea
"We hold these truths to be self-evident..."

It isn't "just laws" as you seem to believe. The Constitution is the way the founding fathers of the U.S. viewed natural laws, and their way of attempting to prevent the subversions and perversions of said natural laws that had taken place in the times and places before. They did, however, accept that they were only human and, as such, fallible, hence the Bill of Rights and other amendments.

I need to stop smoking weed and getting my historical documents mixed up before I mek post.

Sorry, Ausbro. Ignore me.

The reason America "lost" in Vietnam and is "losing" in the Middle East doesn't have anything to do with it's military capability, it's that the political environment makes Fabian strategy impossible.

Everyone wants to talk hearts and minds, yeah I get that. It's important to strike a balance, provide enough stability to make the occupied populace feel safe and think "these guys are keeping the lights on and the food trucks coming, better not shake things up", and at the same time be feared enough that anyone that thinks about planting an IED or sniping a soldier goes "those guys will probably kill my wife and children if I do this, better not shake things up"

In the old days this was done by killing all the military-aged males and their sons and settling your own people in the conquered land. But that's "genocide" and "colonialism" and we can't be having that. So instead we bow down to our enemies and try to appease them. Please, mohammed-kun, don't chimp out and mortar my base, have these tasty humanitarian rations uguu~.

It's bujllshit.

>waah muh librulz
>waah we killed more
>waaah we can't genocide them
I always love how amerifats try to sugarcoat their defeat, They won you lost, they pushed their demands, accept it and move on.

and to add, you couldnt genocide/nuked them not because of your good will or humanitarian laws or libruls but because of soviets retaliation (likely on an american ally that declared war on few years later, the ones a rambo movie is dedicated to)

The vietnam war was lost because of massive war fatigue on our shores. This happened because they decided "Hey, let's try limiting the tours of duty for soldiers to a shorter amount so that people don't get tired of the war so fast" unfortunately, the Vietcong were tricksy bastards, and their mastery of guerilla warfare meant that the fresh recruits we kept pumping into the country would just fall for the traps and die, and the veterans who COULD avoid traps were getting shipped out.

Every thread is a "mock the Americans" thread.

It's "gwailo".
Kinda the Cantonese equivalent of "gringo".

>They won you lost
Yeah, in the sense that one kid was beating up another kid, then that angry kid stepped in to defend the kid getting beat up, kicked the shit out of the mean kid because he had better brass knucks than the mean kid was getting from his parents, then, after the mean kid got the dogshit kicked out of him and the angry kid went home, the mean kid turned around and punched the original kid again.

Yeah. We lost.

See op? This is the perfect example.

>correct
Keep trying

I am from Europe
Just came back from American lynching, we burned a effigy of Obama too.