Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1615: Homemade With Added Garlic Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/nKPBUX9G
youtube.com/watch?v=AKKqLl_ZEEY
youtube.com/watch?v=oHAwhZBnI1A
wow.gamepedia.com/Med'an
pastebin.com/HW7PwpqN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What does your Stand look like and what does it do?

Anything that people would like to see in a 3e Exalted Mortals jump?

Steady Hearthstones, IE hearthstones that aren't dependent on their Parent Manse/Demsene.

Moonage Daydream like a black wraith with scythe hands.

It can go intangible/invisible (almost making it to stands/users what a stand is to a non-user, though it cannot attack while intangible).

After awakening, it can also become a cloak that gives those properties to it's wear, although they then cease to work against stands and users.

Full Captain SNES write-up, and the climax of Destroyer of Worlds. Anyone who has followed my chain to this point, this is the moment everything has led up to. So...here you go. Enjoy.

pastebin.com/nKPBUX9G

A perk that removes all your previous Exaltations. Preferably mandatory.

I will ignore if you include it though.

Something that can level the playing field between Mortals and all the other powerful beings in setting. Either giving them benfits like exalting, or weakening opponents to mortal limits. What form that would take, though, I can't imagine.

Good luck with the jump, user, and thanks for taking it up.

Oh, user. You so funny. This is a jump, not a gauntlet. Keep your masochism to yourself. Don't try and force it on everyone else, okay.

>like exalting
Exigent, maybe? Wasn't someone working on a jump for that, though? Or did they drop it?

I don't know. They gave us a WIP, but some of it seemed cribbed from the SB generic Exalted jump. Haven't heard anything more about it since.
Pity though I thought it had a lot of potential.

>Something that can level the playing field between Mortals and all the other powerful beings in setting.
Eh, that seems a bit more powerful than what a jump about Mortals should be offering.

where can a jumper get a shapeshifting armor waifu?

Yooooooo

Pretty gud

An option that forces you to take another exalted jump next, with fate leading you into that jump's relevant exaltation at the end of this one. Mortal hero stories are often about what led to an Exalt's Exaltation.

Then make it really expensive. If it takes most of your cp budget, then it should be fine, right? Besides if it didn't have something along those lines, wouldn't it be more like the gaunlet than a jump, in spirit and how'd you'd have to go about doing things in setting? Unless you're a late-chain jumper of course.

Oh, I like this. Seconded. Although if your next jump is Infernals, you may want to be prepared for a tearjerker.

Ultimate Spiderman, there are symbiote perks that allows your symbiote to be semi independent and shape shifting. Yours could literally be a waifu.

What are some scp's you have created?

I made the scp equivalent of pic related

>shapeshifting armor waifu?

Ultimate spiderman jump, get a symbiote and have it absorb some armor for you

[Stand] youtube.com/watch?v=AKKqLl_ZEEY

It's ability is to mimick the abilities of other stands it encounters, and generally takes their appearance while doing so. Otherwise it looks like a photonegative afterimage of me.

Jumpmakers, why do you make jumps?

>What happened to killzone?
I saw no community interest in what I was doing, and frankly No real unique draw to killzone other than one weird element and gas masks... so.

It's shelved right now

Kung fu fighting. Thaumaturgy. Awakened Essence. Diplomacy. Gaining the favor of your betters. Abusing your position as the underdog.

...Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but, businesses of any kind, from a forge you work to a bakery you own to a slave pen or boat you do trade with. You get the idea, right?

Potentially questionable, but a demon companion. Either one who's bound to you due to Reasons or genuinely likes working with you. Preferably the latter desu.

Being a hybrid/half-caste. Being one of the mortal-but-not-quite-human races. While I would love to doubledip, I'm not sure there'd be a need for these options to get their own perk trees, like the Gauntlet granted them.

Magical Materials? Fantastic Familiars? Minor Manses? Amazing Artifacts?

Mortals have very little essence to throw about, so maybe an option to attune to artifacts or other items with a limit of how many you can be attuned to rather than paying essence to do it.

Exalted companion options and perks that make you a good supporting character, be the Solar's waifu/husbando.

ALL of the half-breeds and demi-humans, and I mean all of them. Not being able to Danny Phantom in the Mortal Gauntlet made me sad.

This is nice, having more power control perks doesn't hurt.
I still prefer this as a jump instead of a gauntlet.. so none of that Fallout-tier "Your nukes are now actually waterballoons!" shit.

Yeah, having something that's completely baseless for the source material is the bane of good jumps ..in my completely and totally subjective opinion.

All this reminds me that a good drawback for a non-mortals Exalted jump would be to end up as a half-caste instead of a full exalt

Sorry for reposting, but I'd still love some feedback.

Pro's and con's of the following two ideas for WoW:

Druid
>Balance
>Restoration

Mage
>Fire

OR

Mage
>Arcane
>Fire

Druid
>Restoration

Looking for comments with both game mechanics and lore in mind. I know you can't have multiple classes mechanically, but still looking for comments all the same. My overall build themes are life, mind, fire, and cosmic.

Thanks!

>Then make it really expensive. If it takes most of your cp budget, then it should be fine, right?
No. One, the whole schtick of actual Exalted is to force things to fight on their level, so there's overlap where there shouldn't be. And if something costs more than 600 CP, it should be a canon thing that warrants that price. If it's not, then you should rethink including it. What you're suggesting is basically the Exalted equivalent of Patch Notes. It has no place in the jump.

>bane of good jumps
Yeah, well...
>in my completely and totally subjective opinion.
... Way to take the wind out of my sails, user.

>It has no place in the jump.
Learn from user. You meant to say:
>It has no place in the jump in my completely and totally subjective opinion.
See, FTFY.

Godspeed, destroyer of worlds. May the world reflected in your eyes, whatever it may be, be a place to rest.

A jump about being Batman should not allow you walk away from serious Superman unharmed, let alone allow you to beat him. It's way beyond the scope of the source material.

I don't have one yet, but I do have PLANS.

I'm just not sure which effect to pick yet.

Because I love you people and want to assist in your pastime.

Because refractory period

I knew you were coming, it was also a bit tongue-in-cheek since a lot of 'good' jumps have shit that isn't in any of the source material but is more elaborated niceties.
Again, completely and totally biased opinions here.

..but Batman beat Superman, several times, and has walked away pretty much unharmed in a lot of them.

I like the setting and I want to jump it. The problem is I make them.then feel guilty if I use perks from it for personal use or in combos. I especially feel bad if I wank a perk slightly higher than it may be in setting or slightly weaker because if I do then say so in thread it is liable to start a problem in thread and I dont want that.

>Batman hasn't beaten Superman so many times it could be a syndicated TV show of its own
Look at this superfag. Look at him and laugh.

...Fuck. Teach me to use comics for analogies, I guess.

Going Druid 2/Mage 1 will get you more healing and better connection with nature, but Mage 2/Druid 1 will let you TIME MAGIC a little.

If you're a NElf people will be wondering how that's at all possible.

I think he also broke Darkseid's nose at one point? But yeah, wank if certain characters is a thing in comics, especially when you consider they're pretty much sanctioned fanfiction.

Actually anyone would wonder how multiclass is possible, disregard that last bit.

They're usually love-letters to the source material, honestly. If I make a jump of something, more than likely, it's because I adore it and it has a special place in my heart or I thought it was really, really fascinating and wanted to try and get it out there however I can.

That's all, really. A few jumps I did weren't that(Cyber Knights, Double Cross, Mucha Lucha were all "oh this is an interesting thing I can try"), but on the whole they're labors of genuine love for the original

Eh part of the problem it too many writers with too many differing opinions on power levels.

In some media Superman is a physical god and can't be defeated by mortal means. While in others Batman is the ultimate human being that can solve ANY problem.

Get fans whove only subscribed to one series and you'll have a fight.

Because no one else will.

Plus I'll usually only do something if I find it amusing or think enough of my friends find it amusing.

>pic related
BOY, SURE GOT THAT GRAND ADVENTURE HE WANTED DIDN'T HE.

Mind control is always involved in the incidents where Supes and Bats fight and one wins clean user

The number of times either of them is mind controlled and have to fight each other is silly

Which is why the superior thing is when they combine Bats' underhandedness with Supes' sheer power and they go on homoerotic adventures together

I don't know. Probably shouldn't have.

If WoW was real a druid would be able to learn basic magic and shit. Just like a mage who could learn to be a Ranger, or a Warrior who learns to be a Warlock. It can't happen in game cause it would be fucking difficult to create so much shit that works together in specific ways like that.

Jumpers, how SHAMELESS are you?~

youtube.com/watch?v=oHAwhZBnI1A

What are some lore examples of fire and arcane mage shenanigans? How about resto and balance drood? I was thinking of going NElf, so what are they like in general? I've only ever seen fanart of them.
Are there canon examples of multiclass types in lore and how they were viewed?

You asked for this.

Speaking of fanfiction, I stopped reading the comics at some point just to focus on the fanfiction. Then again, I prefer the slice-of-life comedy stuff.. my tastes keep getting weirder as I get older. I think by the time I retire I'll be reading amino blog posts about what kind of cats Bruce collects when all the models go home.

This.

I think in a semi-preplanned fight, Bats should win.. as long as he has at least enough time to reach into his utility belt and pull out his kryptonite-whatever. Otherwise, Superman should/would superspeed a superstrength punch through Batman's not-so-super sternum.
That's how my jumper deals with annoying mortals when he doesn't want to expend a lot of effort and he's not doing anything else

I mean, it's definitely possible. Illidan was a druid who turned to arcane magic because it was faster and easier to gain power that way.

>Warrior who learns to be a Warlock.

I feel like this isn't at all the same thing as a mage learning to hunt.

Most of the examples I can come up with are more of a transition from one thing to another, rather than "multiclass."

wow.gamepedia.com/Med'an

More than I used to be.

Lol, didn't he get shafted out of canon?

DO NOT SPEAK THE NAME OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE

Night Elves used to be big on arcane magic, but that caused the first Legion invasion and destroyed most of the world. They swore it off and stuck with druidic magic up till canon WoW (~10,000 years). All the night elves that wanted to stick with arcane magic got booted off the continent, and eventually turned into the High Elves.

So basically, if you want to be an arcane-using Night Elf, it's doable, but you're gonna get ludicrously bad press with the other Night Elves.

>Med'an
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is the wow jump done? Where is it?

IIRC, parts of him are canon, parts aren't.

So, any example that aren't gary stus?

What about happen if I reveal myself to be human before or after completing the Nier Automata scenario?

Current justification for them is the magisters from Dire Maul rejoining Darnassus, tho.

whats there to do in nier automata?

Not done, but a 128-page WIP was posted a while back.

In the beginning, I wanted to give back to the community. Then I was because I liked the settings and knew they weren't going to get done otherwise. Now it's just habit I guess.

Not that I've gotten a lot done lately.

Fight machines, waifu androids, explore and maybe save a post-apocalyptic world.

Nope, he's canon as canon can be.

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE

because nobody else looks into the niche shit i do. even tho killzone aint niche

9S.

Am I missing something here?

Made any progress user?

Lot of robots gunning for you
Lot of androids trying to protect you
The few androids who know the thing about the moon is a lie being really suspicious of you

The only thing about him that's been confirmed as canon is that there's somebody with that name.
The only part that's been confirmed as non-canon is that he's a Guardian.
So, until there's more, he's just some rumor passed around by drunk goblins in the tavern.

Any updates for us?

For FAME and POWER and ATTENTION.

Also because nobody else is making classic fire emblem jumps. They have to do the modern ones.

Repostan the current updated perks and items for ffxi update.

Will be posting a updated pdf probably tommorrow.

pastebin.com/HW7PwpqN

NO

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

So, ever coming back to the IRC?

husbanos ain't my thing user, and im sure 9S is better off settling down with a nice android and calling it a day.

Wait, I thought he was in there as blegh? Did he leave again?

Until his face is revealed, he ain't canon. Khadgar holds Atiesh, Cho'gall was slain at the Throne of Twilight, there was no bastard-child involved whatsoever.

I am the leader of a clothing optional nation and even before I started jumping I was raised without a nudity taboo. So, pretty damn shameless.

Couple of the IRC-goers told him to fuck off after he kept asking for jump critique.

Think he's refusing to come on IRC until WoW is done. Some focus thing?

I liked it.

This makes me understand so much about you.

Yeah...yeah, that's about right.

Alright, so. The jump I planned to end the chain on hasn't been released yet, but honestly, all the major story arcs have been tied up and I ran out of ideas for this a while ago. And while Decade isn't dead and the chain can continue, I don't have much creativity left in me for it.

Since the end is all but set in stone, I'll be writing the epilogue soon. Thanks to everyone who followed my sappy fanfiction up to this point - this was a lot of fun to write.

Thank you kind user for answering my question.

And thanks for the update man

Hey bancho any update on your gauntlet?

>This makes me understand so much about you.

His mom was a pagan

>unless the beings you fight actually have some chance of harming you they won't give you much experience.
This seems pretty silly, honestly. Why not just make it so it takes more to level something up the better you already are? Like, at this point, there's no advantage offered by this perk that wouldn't be eclipsed by just learning something the "hard" way. I mean, as it is now, you could be required to fight dozens of world-destroying monsters in order to become able to handle yourself in a street fight... Or you could spend a few months training the normal way.

Continuing my mecha chain from .
Build 2: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Another safe option)
Identity: Drop-In
Complications: - Bulk and Skull (Because why not?)
- Nice Haircut (Fuck you, nineties kids) (1100)
Perks: - Colour Change
- Sixth Ranger (900)
- For The Evulz (700)
Items: - Dragon Flute (600)
- Dragonzord (Tough it will mainly either remote controlled or piloted by Coop) (300)
- Power Ranger (Coop) (He keep the same personality; I find changing who people are abhorent) (200)
- Power Weapon (0)
I join the rangers early on so I can access their technology, wich is helped by the fact that Coop is now one of them. With the help of Alpha 5 and Zordon, I have him modify Megas so he can combine with Dragonzord and thus create Megadragonzord XLR. We also generally empower the other zords so they don't have to be replaced when Lord Zedd arrive. I also convince Zordon to recruit five other teenagers with attitude so they can pilot the ninjazords independantly from the main team. I also make sure we're ready for when Rito come to place the Orb of Doom 'cause I don't want to be stuck as a kid for any period of time. When In Space happen, I use For the Evulz and Sixth Ranger to trick the villains into thinking I defected (It always work in these kind of series) and set up an ambush to kill them all and thus preventing the death of Zordon.

Do all the catgirls in this setting have nice asses?

unfortunately not prep work for GENCON has been hell and is becoming more and more time sensitive.

>His mom was a pagan

not just a pagan If the Thread is right and I'm wrong, which is usually the case she is in fact pennywise

Well there is more than one reason here.

1. That is how it works in setting, anything that is much weaker than you (basically anyrhing more than 3 levels in setting) gives you little to no exp.

2. Its a 100 cp perk to keep.

3. If you fight something while having a handicap, such as by fighting with your powers and strengths turned off and fighting as a human you would then get the same amount of exp as a human would. In setting this is called levelsyncing

A bunch of them yes.

Well you can't tell me two opposite things and expect me to believe both of them, what the fuck's the deal here.

Would a perk that gave you a physical boost as your planning for a dramatic showdown increased work?

Basically more planning equals more boost?

Capstone, for the record.

>Basically more planning equals more boost?
>
>Capstone, for the record.

what setting, what background, what Canonical precedent,what explanation?

>unfortunately not prep work for GENCON has been hell and is becoming more and more time sensitive.

Don't worry bancho, take all the time you need man

>not just a pagan If the Thread is right and I'm wrong, which is usually the case she is in fact pennywise

Sorry to hear that man, but things will get better man