With all the recent fighting game releases, what are the chances of a 40k one?

With all the recent fighting game releases, what are the chances of a 40k one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L6kSKMW2E_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty slim, but it would be neat if a good company came along to do it.

I've actually been thinking about it
>2D four button fighter
>Most similar gameplay wise to SF
>Similar pricing structure to Killer Instinct
>Cato Sicarius and Kharn are free to play
>1 free to play slot rotates among the rest of the cast
>Roster is Cato Sicarius, Kharn, Commissar Yarick, Jain-Zar, Lelith Hesperax, Shadowsun, Badrukk, Vargard Oberon.
>Cato and Kharn are similar, the shotos of the cast, Yarick is a grappler, Jain Zar is aerial, Lelith is rushdown, Shadowsun is keepaway, Badrukk is an item character with ammo runts,Oberon has pokes and regen
>Netherrealm style taunts at the opening of the match and destructible stages
>Loot boxes for cosmetics to pimp out a character, each of which has a lore tidbit attatched
>Basic meter which enables EX moves and supers in addition to a bonus meter for each character. Lelith has a meter that can't be spent which gives her more buffs as it goes up, but decays over time. Badrukk and Shadowsun have ammo runt/drone support on meter that can't be replenished.
>Health works like fantasy strike where it's measured in pips rather than a solid bar
>Have seasons where new characters are added as DLC
>Netherrealm style story mode at launch, each new season adds another chapter

I think the armyaspect should be more relevant. Probably something like each character having an "army assist" meter instead of the usual "super" meter.

Is Fantasy Strike getting traction? I really like what the game's doing.

Shadowsun in melee sounds bizarre. Farsight, yes, but not Shadowsun.
Lelith and Jain Zar OP, pls nerf.

As for OP, next to none.

>GORK N' MORK'S CRUMP N' SMASH!

Since it's kind of related - wtf is Chi and how does it let you fly, make force fields, punch people a thousand time, all that shit. How do you go from "I have inner peace" to "STUNTIN ON THESE NIGGAS"

Spiritual energy. Control of spiritual energy.
Chi literally means 'air'.
Air flows, the flow of life, of spirit, etc.

>Roster is Cato Sicarius, Kharn, Commissar Yarick, Jain-Zar, Lelith Hesperax, Shadowsun, Badrukk, Vargard Oberon.
You need waaaaay more characters at a launch. 20 characters is almost a minimum for fighting games and 50+ is not unheard of.

Either way 40k really would not fit well into a fighting game.

>You need waaaaay more characters at a launch. 20 characters is almost a minimum for fighting games

Bullshit. Just because all the long running series built up a roster over 20 years, doesn't mean a new game has to start with an inflated cast.

I'd rather play a tight game with 10 meaningfully different characters than learning all the character specific shit in Tekken.

People like variety. It gives them a better chance to find a character they really like in terms of both play style and aesthetics. And SNES fighting games were able to have more than that. People today, from any sort of major release, would expect more. You would want to AT LEAST have a representative from each major faction.

I'd prefer a 40k MOBA

>Order vs Chaos
>Order: Imperium
>Chaos: Chaos

>Xenos heroes can be taken by either side

>NPC creeps are IG and cultists+daemons

>many IG heroes can have auto-respawning command squads around them
>SM heroes are your typical fare
>Eldar heroes are DPS glass cannons (exarchs), except for the wraith ones, spell-heavy nukers (Seers)

The SNES games that had larger rosters were usually full of clones, though.

Having a character from each faction at least is a good idea, I just don't think you really need more than maybe 15 to cover your bases as far as playstyle/aesthetics go. I mean, I guess it depends on how you define "major faction", but there's really no need to have like, 12 space marines.

Which reminds me, the game also needs 1-2 boss characters. Maybe a necron lord? A Psyker playing sorta Zappa-like? An actual demon?

>40k MOBA
>MOBA

I wonder how a SOB would play. A Seraphim seems like a good choice there as it's mechanically distinctive from marines.

At some point, DoW3 was meant to be this.

Make the boss character an ork for once. You could have the game be super tongue in cheek and the plot be about an ork warboos who's gatherin' all da orks in a sector for a big tournament so they can see who's da biggest and the strongest and each other faction has sent someone to try and deal with it. The warboss doesn't care if non-orks join either, since he figures the fights will be at least worth a laff

Would be cool to have Wych fighting arena and all the races of the galaxy have to fight each other the final NPC boss would be Lilith Hesperax.

I like this. Especially since the warboss can be BIG.

But I think a Tzeench demon pulling the strings to get everyone here to meet (for some reason) also sounds pretty good. He could be the secret final boss, sitting on the warboss's shoulder in the form of a parrot throughout the game.

No. No chaos pulling the strings. Every faction has their own reason for showing up. Necrons cause it's a tomb world or the phaeron has interest in it (Maybe the necron rep is a minor Phaeron obsessed with martial prowess and absolutely THRILLED by the idea of a xeno fighting tournament), Imperium cause the planet that it's taking place on just so happens to be in the same sector as some improtant imperium thing and they see it as a way to kill off the warboss, Tyranids cause there's a genestealer cult on the planet, Dark eldar cause they happened to be in the neighborhood, normal eldar cause farseer said so, khorne cause khorne, tzeench cause "MUH SCHEMES" (Side note, tzeench rep should be a chaos spawn who's attacks are all temporary mutations), slaanesh cause there are TWO kinds of tasty eldar nearby, and nurgle cause... yes

It's a fun genre. Less pinpoint skill vs FPS, more tactical/strategic skill.

There used to be one, but died due to absolutelly shit devs

Like half of the recent 40k games?

Reminder that the last time we had a fighter based on a Veeky Forums license it was this.

If Kharn could somehow get worked into just about any game as a guest character, I'd be satisfied.

I'd rather have a good crpg

I was thinking each super would be an army assist (which you could customize so that the army involved is your own force)
For example, Yarick would Grab the enemy, hold them aloft, and yell "Take aim! First rank fire! Second rank fire" and the enemy is pelted with a gazillion lagun shots. Kharn would call in a group of three Khorne Berserkers to gang up on the enemy, and during the combo he'd end up inadvertently killing each of them in order to deal more damage.
Fantasy Strike is doing a crowdfund thing on Fig, and isn't doing so hot right now

In the big greentext I posted, I was thinking of the Killer Instinct style of character releases, where you had 8 in season 1, but now they've got 26 and more in the pipe. Also, boss characters would be characters above the punching weight of the included cast like Abbadon and Magnus.

I picked Shadowsun cause we needed a keepaway character, and she fit the bill. Also, in CC any unit without a designated melee weapon fights with a generic "close combat weapon" which means she'd just be kicking and whacking with her guns in melee, which would really only exist in order to combo into gun shots which would give her room to breathe.

youtube.com/watch?v=L6kSKMW2E_w

I'm looking forward to it

Yeah, I was thinking stuff like that, with the addition that your "EX" moves are also calling in covering fire (for most characters).

Knew about the fig, it's got 1/10th funded last time I checked, but it's also only been 1 week. I hope the netplay will ramp it up.

>SoB has a glorious intervention by Celestine, who proceeds to wreck her opponent

Yeah, I was thinking Veridyan for season 2, along with Old One Eye. I'd have a community vote for characters at the end of each season. Something along the line of "We're going to add another CSM character, do you want Ahriman, Typhus, or Lucius?". Do that for each faction we plan to add another character for, since I think GW stuff has incredibly poor market research.