Infinity General: Abraham Lincoln Recreation Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where heroes of the past come to life. Sort of.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFjoGl65dNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone think Gen con is gonna drop the new sectorials along with a new book?

>acheron falls 2016
>instead we get some overwatch boardgame shit and badly made/painted comic characters.
>Also exclusive fat men.
I don't even care anymore.

I went to a tournament yesterday and everyone was real nice and friendly. This game's got a much nicer competitive atmosphere than some games I've played.

>not lol Wotan Falls instead

Even GW didn't fuck up their online campaigns that badly.

How so?

New Beast of War vid is up showcasing the new minis youtube.com/watch?v=lFjoGl65dNA

Anyone know if Outrage box has rules yet?

>all that manhandling of studio paintjobs

Gencon LE Intel is kinda cool.

God I hate people who do this. It's almost like a kid with autism strength handling a baby puppy. 9/10 something bad is gonna happen.

>lol, I always drop these
>*smother some detail with dirty hands with broken fingernails*
RAGE

Hmm, that bundle looks decent to counteract the retarded shipping costs from Spain.

Can't wait for the Varuna sectorial (and starter, I presume). A link of these bastards will be great.

Oh, hey, it's yet another Bolt I will never play, yet assemble and paint first thing.

what a strange pose

Dunno how to feel about this. We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already and this new sculpt has a enormous sword despite being garbage in melee.
Would have preferred a knight (Hospitaller are long overdue and Montesa really need that lrl/lgl for a Duo). Still, it's a nice sculpt.

Nah man, Swiss Guard minis looked ass.

>the braids are not a separate piece
FINALLY

What, the old ones? The ML one is solid and the HMG is great, I'd say, but each to his own.

>We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already
Personally I never got HMG Swiss simply because I don't like it.
Looks too much like an ORC, has a big old gun and is posed on one foot while being top-heavy due to afore mentioned giant gun.
The giant glowing claymore is retarded, but at least now Swiss has a distinct chest piece. He is clearly not an ORC.
I wonder if this comic has influenced Bostria any

Yet another ABH for the pile, I guess. Hope these guys get their own sectorial at some point, since I've got, like, six already.

>We are choosing which troops to release based on tournament loadout data.
Huh, that's not a horrible idea.

At least double pistol is basically the sniper loadout.

Never used a Daofei, but that cloak makes me moist.

The hacker looks kinda better, I think. The hacking visor works as a sensor and this model has a very boring pose.

Is it just me or does that things helmet have a pug face?

Daofei I've been wanting to use, but old model disgusted me.

BS 13 Spitfire/HMG/multi rifle with Armor 4, Camo, and Infiltration. Super order efficient and a great choice for a rambo piece.

Makes good use of CoC and Executive Order if you take him as a LT.

Holy fuck it does.

It really does. Since at most I'll need two Zhanying to haris it up with a Crane, I don't really see the purpose of this guy. Then again, more options are always nice to have

What a beautiful miniature, finally a very nice pose
What's wrong with Bolts? (I'm not a player yet)

>What's wrong with Bolts?
Ooooh crikey...

What have you DONE?

;_; they look so cool please don't tell me they suck

Cute!

>We have a perfectly fine HMG swiss already
No, we don't. It's garbage.

Bolts are argued over and over again. They're twice the cost of Fusiliers because of situational skills like Veteran L1 and Bioimmunity, but those skills are useful when the situation calls for it. Outside of NCA, they're absolutely useless

You might not want to splurge on ML and hacker gives extra protection to HI.
Bolts are somewhat underwhelming thanks to their a bit situational skill set and paramedic Bolt is probably the last profile you want in vanilla PanO.

Oh I see, they're a bit expensive for line troops aren't they? Thank you

Where's the Chibi Joan I saw on CB's computers by accident literally two years ago?

It's not even the price, but the movement speed that breaks the deal on vanilla. One of the most important jobs for paramedics is to run the mission and they need those precious extra orders to get there. Only benefit they have to fusilier in that regard is that they can tank mines pretty well.

Isn't that supposed to be a medical gun?

Nah, PanO medical tools are just cleverly disguised .45s

That's not really an issue in a fireteam. Outside of the team: worhtless, really

Goddamn it, was hoping I could dodge the new sets, but the Pan-O stuff looks so good!

They suck.
More seriously, they are widely loved for their fantastic look and their sub-par rules.
The thing is, their skills are only relevant in *very* specific circumstances, usually when shit has already hit the fan. Veteran allows them to ignore the loss of their lieutnant while Bioimmunity shuts down a very specific set of weapons. In cases where either or both cases apply Bolts are pretty good. If neither is the case, i.e. most of the time, Bolts pay a lot of points for worthless skills and slightly better shooting.
tl;dr: Bolts suck a lot, unless the stars allign.

Yes, they look cool.
Yes, they suck a lot.
Embrace that feeling. It is central to playing PanO.

Inside a fireteam: Still pretty worthless.

While it does suck that they're situational, aren't most things in the game? The players in my local meta always tailor their lists depending on who they're fighting. For example, My MO buddy always takes Konstantinos or a black friar whenever he's going up against a faction or sectorial with hella camo such as Ariadna and Onyx contact force respectively. Likewise, you can stock up on bolts when you play against Tohaa or Haqqislam since bioimmunity will affect those two armies the most.

I don't see a Celestial link with a Hsien and Zhuang as being ever situational. Nor is a Nisse. Or a Tiger Soldier.

>While it does suck that they're situational, aren't most things in the game?
No, there's a lot of stuff that can be taken almost all the time. Forward Observer Remotes, cheap cheerleaders, Swiss Guard etc.
The main problem with Bolts is that they're costly and PanO does not get stuff under 10pts outside of Remotes and they're slow.
They're often compared to Wildcats who have a plethora of useful abilities and are cheaper and they still get flak for their slow movement.

Bolts excel if you're going against Haqqislam or Tohaa and you're willing to pump Orders into them. But PanO's best stuff are the elites and the fancy gear guys and they don't fit in with Bolts in the same list.

>aren't most things in the game?
There is never a situation where a Kuang Shi or a Ghazi Muttawi'ah is not useful in some capacitiy. A Dragao or a Yan Huo is not situational, they are game-defining.
Bolts are just slightly fancier and slower Fusiliers for over twice the price unless your opponent plays to your strengths.

>Embrace that feeling. It is central to playing PanO.
So say we all.

There are a lot of mini options that aren't omfgwtfbbq amazing that you can still put on the table because they provide an order or work as a proxy.

Ultimately what is useful is heavily meta dependent. Some people will avoid anything hackable because they're in a nomad heavy playerbase, some people will spam MSV because opponents love smoke, and if you go against opponents that try to go for putting you in to a Loss of Lieutenant/'Retreat!' state or use a lot of viral or shock weapons then veteran or bioimmunity can be worth more than a lot of more popular abilities.

CG link with Crane, not Hsien. The amount of salt that arise if an MSV 2 BS14 HI could get the 5 man bonus with a line trooper link would be legendary.

The Hsien gets to Haris with the zhanying.

Damn good haris too. Guaranteed Sensor and choice of missile, Hacker, or madtrap support.

SSL2 is inbuilt so smoke is a non-issue.

Sorry, you are, of course, right.
The Crane/Celestial Guard link is still pretty great for door kicking and being a general toolbox.

Sure there is. When the troops they're supporting are dead. Then they become crappy suicidal troops.

And Yan Huo/Dragao aren't game defining, they're expensive stat sticks.

Medium infantry are in a weird spot, they don't get the cheapness advantage of LI, and they don't get the opportunity to be overpowering like HI/TAGs. There are a few standout MI profiles that use defensive mod stacking and/or MSV like Bagh Mahri or Intruders, but most aren't like that(and defensive mod stacking can be situational against opponents that tech against it). So a lot of MI are in a spot where they have seemingly situational durability related rules(and it's typically the cheap BS 13 platforms, MI with better rules are usually either lower BS or cost substantially more).

I think baseline generic MI are a bit of a holdover from N2. I remember people praising Wildcats here back in the day. Then HI got fast.
IIRC CB said that MI now would be niche units with a defensive or an unusual role, like the Black Friar or Prowlers. Not sure how much of it is in practice, as LI tends to step on everyone's toes.

Actually, is it viable to take both? HMG Hsien / Sensor Zhanying / ML Zhanying for rooftop control and fire support and Crane / Zhang / Smoke CG / Hacker CG / whatever to fool around the objective?

CANNOT UNSEE +_+

Nowadays, i generally pick IM because of Visors and/or Mimetism, Djanbazan, KTS, Agema, and Bagh Mari i pick them only because of those.

Maybe in Limited Insertion.

If you run a Hsien Haris then a Kuang Shi core may be your go to.

Yeah, I think another thing is that players just don't have the opportunity to game enough to really make enough use out of the non straightforward options. With the time and effort available KISS principles are stronger in practice with only minimal use of non linear vectors.

What's the popular opinion about the new scenarios brought by Wotan?

Powerpack is otherwise pretty vanilla, but the deployment is wacky.

KISS tend to make lists boring.

So I decided to take the plunge and get into the game. Got about 200 points for aleph built and ready to prime.

Besides going to my FLGS on a thursday night, any tips or things to watch out for? How do I keep track of my weapons and abilities?

IF you're interested, I went vanilla aleph starter, the Aleph support pack, plus Nesaie Aike. I'd like to get a marut, but I'm open to suggestions on where to go next if I'm just starting out, so please no sectorial extra rules quite yet.

Infinity Army Mobile app is good. It has all the weapon range bands for weapons in your list

Well, there's plenty of pretty decent units in ALEPH to choose from. Sadly Nesaie Alke is rather underwhelming, even in her sectorial, where he's outmatched by Thrasymedes.

In vanilla, units such as Post Humans are pretty cost effective. Getting more Devas is also a good option. Myrmidons have smoke, which really help in some cases and let you play with visors. And the basic remotes give you tools. Pretty tough to assemble, though.

Personally I prefer Steel Phalanx, as I see it more cohesive.

I usually keep the Army open when playing, let me check weapons and such relatively quickly. Wiki is a great tool too. especially if you don't have physical rulebook. By playing you usually memorize the important stuff sooner or later, so the checking gets rarer and rarer, I mostly check stats during game.

The fuck up was CB trusting BoW.

HIGH TIER STRAT:

Make list with a lot of sweet Veterans.

Maybe even a guy w/ Chain of Command.

Spend your Lieutenant Order all the damn time to make aggressive plays.

Holy shit is this how Morats work?

fug :DDDDD

To my understanding yes. Morats wanna make the biggest baddest guy the LT, shove him down the enemies throats, and replace him with the next baddest guy next turn when he inevitably dies. And so on until no more enemies or no more morats.

The issue is how much they pay for the privilege of this play style.

This.

People are shitting on Bolts, but holy fuck are they troll against BTS targetting weapons and Shock Ammo.

Most Snipe Rifles use Shock Ammo. In cover a bolt is rolling 6+ in cover to ignore the shot. Hell most TAGs I've seen use MULTI HMG. Put her in Suppresive Fire against a TAG and that thing is having a horrible time trying to remove that Bolt along with the Bolt having chances to kill the TAG. Hell the Bolt could run up to a TAG w/ a Boarding Shotgun. From there just pump orders into it for the (pretty good) chance of your 19 point model to killing their 90 point model. Same plan w/ Missile Launcher.

Seems pretty sweet, especially when you get into their Sectoral. You can have your entire in position to effectively use that Lieutenant order, so it's kind of like the army has a ghetto Strategos lvl 1 all the time.

Make those Tohaa players pay for all those bts weapons!

Exactly!

They are still a niche pick, but goddamn there are a lot of niches that they fill while being cheaper than other options.

No. Bolt bioimmunity and BTS statistically still provide less protection vs shock or viral than simple mimetism does.

Bagh Mari are substantially tougher vs viral troops than bolts are, and are muuuuch better vs normal ones.

Bolts are just bad.

Bolts are fine in NCA. Pretty much every half decent player agrees.

How many international tournaments have you won?

It's pretty good in sectorial but not great outside of it since vanilla CA has EI aspect lieutenants and they just switch bodies when they die. Morats are in a weird spot where they only live up to their full potential when they start losing.

It's more like having heaps of chain of command. Strategos doesn't let you ignore loss of lieutenant, and veteran doesn't make irregulars regular.

People seem to focus on the skills as if they're all there is to a unit, but it's the weapons that make Bolts. If they just had Fusilier guns they'd be a level of fucking atrocious current Bolts can't even comprehend, but as it stands they function fairly well (albeit somewhat inefficiently) as aggressive midfield dudes that shit up the place with shotguns and mines. Bioimmunity and vet are just a nice bonus.

Not gonna say they're fantastic, because they're not. In fact I'd even say they're a bit bad after HSN3 handed out free drop bears to everyone, but people always point to the shit that doesn't actually define how the unit functions. Bioimmunity helps against shock and viral, veteran is a big middle finger to E/M and Ghazi as well as a big 'unfuck yourself' button for when your Lt dies. They're okay, but they don't have a big impact on a unit's role. It's the shotguns, E/M grenades, spitfire and drop bears that do that.

What do Shas need to fix them?

Newer models

- link options - LI core, some kind of Haris
- overpriced combi+LS combo to GTFO
- improve Seed-Soldiers. Right now they are one of the most expensive basic LI and at the same time the worst. Some better weapon loadout, maybe some neat special profile too?
- recost. Striga lost Dogged but costs the same, Morpho-Scan lost Protheion and Dogged but costs the same, all Shasvastii lost an additional unconscious level and the current embryo doesn't work half the time because there's a fuckton more shock weapons.
- Seed-Embryo reworked. You can't hide eggs by going prone, you can't hide multiple units under 1 camo anymore, and under the current "orders are king" meta this skill hurts a lot and gives little in return.

>fix seed embryo rules
>fix all units with seed embryo rules
>add more aggressive long range units, even a shooty camo sniper would be fine
>add MSV or at least more direct templates
>holoprojector would be nice too

No they don't. How many have you won?
People also forget they're 4-2.

NCA is all about the cheap fusilier link with missile launchers and expensive toys.

A lot more than you apparently.

You just move them to midfield or on an objective set them up and they don't need to go anywhere else. So the speed becomes a moot point.

But I can tell you're retarded and not worth the waste of oxygen.

Why are the thigh armor plates colored differently?

Oh, almost forgot
>more links

Apparently Seed Soldiers won't be cheerleaders anymore and some new thing will take up the role. I'm curious to see what will be done with them.

Seems like NCA is all about whining like babies desu
I guess it's appropriate for the army of pampered rich kids

People always bring the counters to mimetism though because it's better versions are so prevalent(and a pain). MSVs, templates, armed sensors for triangulated fire, speculative fire, etc....or at least they should be if you're bringing a bunch of mimetism all the time.

Besides, mimetism is pointless against my EVO/Satlock/Guided lists so its value in my meta is worthless, right?(Also that list is bait specifically to encourage the meta to run more hackers for UTurn, which in turn provides targets for my hacker list, which in turn discourages hi/tag/rem)...which is why they call meta, meta.

If your rock isn't useful because everyone is paper then play scissors until there is sufficient mix of rock and scissors.

I've won four international 64+ player tourneys. More than you. And just as verifiable. Next point please?

Kill yourself for being retarded?

Mimetism affects 90% of enemy units in the game. Forcing an enemy to use triangulated fire is already a win for you, as it's a bitch and requires a full order, meaning they aren't going to be moving into LoS to use it safely.

A gimmick list like a guided-focused thing is silly. It's already not effective. You'll just get run down by a single foxtrot rambo or Uxia or something, and is as dumb as most gimmick lists for general use.

As it is, mimetism is almost always useful (or at least a wash), while Bioimmunity+BTS6 already relies in you LOSING ROLLS. It makes the penalty for losing weaker. It's just bad play.

Remember, Bolt Link vs Fusilier link isn't just that. It's Bolt Link vs Fusilier link plus 50-60 points of other shit backing up the Fusiliers, in a sectorial full of superweapons and bulleteers and the like.

>I guess it's appropriate for the army of pampered rich kids

and dont forget the expendable wageslaves (Fusiliers)

I tried to with this viral pistol laying around. Missed because of the superior defensive capability of Mimetism.

>In your mind that was clever.
>Probably grinning to yourself over your epic joke.
Wew laddy.

Yet, you remain BTFO for not having an argument. Good night, sir.

This a dick measuring contest now?

We already established you're retarded. Why bother arguing with a retard.

Interplanetario winner 3 years in a row checking in

>Neoterrans
I promise we're not all like this

PanO is a great land with great people

Neoterrans are the only ones who know the truth with all this broken Ghazi and other nonsense all over the place.

Bolts are the patricians choice.

then the VNID drops and everyone realizes just how much we have been pulling our punches