Yu-Gi-Oh!

Link Monsters are being released in North America this week.

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
youtube.com/watch?v=mKlNkJx1K_g
youtube.com/watch?v=skjk8w_u-bA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is the link zone?

The true shark which yugioh will jump over, the other mechanics being mere prophets of the one true shark.

Are you seriously trying to say that Links are more bullshit than Synchros, XYZ and Pendulums?
Because if you're then pic related is for you.

not that user, but they arent more bullshit. they just gimp every other summoning method that people who have stuck with the game enjoy.
we've never had a summoning method that made the previous methods actually unusable.
I'm not even a syncrho fag and this shit pisses me off
rip in piece fluffals

>spoiler
Fluffals won a few OCG tournaments during Zoodiac/True Draco/True King Dinosaur format POST-LINKS.

THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US FUCKING RUN

I dropped Yugioh around when Performapals was at its height, how the hell do links work?

I could dig synchros, I'm not a huge fan of XYZ but Pendulums were ridiculous

If I hear correct the Link Monsters are supposed to slow the game down right?

Here's the rules
ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

>*Extra Deck Monsters, like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link, cannot be Summnoned to the Main Monster Zone, beware!
Nice. The Special Summoning spam, especially Synchro, really turned me off from the game.

what cards are people meming up right now?
I still have a lot of things pre kaiju era that i'd like to sell off.
I remember summoners art went from like 10 cents to 10 dollars the day links hit.

Any Idea if otk and extra deck toolbox is harder now? I've got some deck ideas I'd so

youtube.com/watch?v=mKlNkJx1K_g

The video won't load on my end, what's the deal?

Never mind, I saw the video, fuck Konami

youtube.com/watch?v=skjk8w_u-bA

how do you deal with going second?

You play SPYRAL normally?

I mean with non metadecks, how do you stop yourself from losing if you don't have a turn to set back row?

Ghost Ogre Quik-Fix when it's effect activates? Droll & Lock Bird after they search? Ash Blossom on Machine Duplication?

The main reason I'm losing interest in keeping up with Yugioh is only because I don't like the new character designs and art trends. The franchise has always had strange characters but from Zexal onwards the zany designs are just too saturated.

More battle packs would be really cool, though.

Ok, thanks, handtraps are probably my best bet

It's still here in full force, the only difference is that extra deck spam is replaced by main deck spam

I do like the good old days where keeping a cyber dragon and treeborn frog was mandatory and duels didn't end that quickly. I remember playing this absolutely moronic Monk Fighter deck in a tournament and it still took opponents 10-13 turns to defeat me.

Link monsters hopefully will mess up pendulum summoning, but it won't stop the problem of OTKs completely- pic somewhat related

I thought pendulums turned out to just be a honeypot mechanic.

What do you fags have against Pendulum? It literally did nothing. All the meta Pendulum decks weren't meta because they were Pendulums. Qli was meta because it could run all the floodgates, it had Scout, and Towers. PePe was meta because of all stupid interactions between it's cards and Plushfire's lack of OPT. Metalfoes are just a great splashable engine that triggers a lot of shit and gives you +1s.

Reminder that Qliphorts weren't even really that meta, they lost to the deck they were designed to beat at full power in OCG.

Pendulums were a really piss poor mechanic. They tried to do something new rather than just another extra deck mechanci and I'll give them that but it did not work. The extra deck is Yugioh's biggest asset anyway imo.

Does anyone know what the secondary market is like for Yugioh? I have a set of promotional cards from shonen jump magazine that I'm trying to sell to fund my magic habit. The approximate value I found was $75. Could I realistically make half of that selling them and if I do is it worth the trouble to sell singles or as a set?

Post picture of cards.

You could probably get $75 if you find the right buyer. I'd try facebook groups or yugiohcardmarket.eu if you're in Europe.

1/3

2/3

3/3

sorry for shit lighting, it was hard to figure out an easy way to be able to read the foiling

Some of these are really old. The condition isn't that good either. I don't think you'll be able to sell most of them. You might sell some of the cards that are use in Goat format, like Graceful Charity or Torrential Tribute.

Easiest ones to get rid of:
scapegoat, torrential, toon DMG, chimeratech
maybe:
beast king, yu-jo + unity, inferno reckless
the rest are possible but you would need people who like old cards which you wont find much of online.

Best bet is to go to your LGS and tell people "hey I've got some older cards wanna look through?", store owner might also take some things if he likes older cards.
One tip though, you're not going to get anything close for these cards values, if someone offers you a dollar for a $6 ultra rare just go with it.

Synchros:
>Now with these special monsters, you can combine levels of weaker creatures to make a stronger one!

XYZ:
>By combining monsters with the same level, you can make a stronger one!

Pendulum:
>Here's these monsters that are also spell cards!
>Also they get their own completely new zone to go in, instead of the Spell/Trap zone
>Also, get two out and you can special summon a bunch of monsters from your hand at once
>Also, they don't go to the Graveyard, they go to the extra deck
>And then you can just summon them right back from the extra deck with the exact same summon as before

If we're talking shark jumping, Pendulum summoning was definitely the bigger one. Pendulum's had way too much shit going on for a new mechanic.

>If I hear correct the Link Monsters are supposed to slow the game down right?
You fucking wish, we haven't slowed down at all.

>Nice. The Special Summoning spam, especially Synchro, really turned me off from the game.
It hasn't stopped, it never will stop, if you can't SS spam or lock people out of the game you aren't playable, period.

>hopefully this new summoning method will kill this already long dead and buried summoning method even harder
Pendulums are already unplayable, you're not doing anything but beating a dead horse at this point.

Pendulum was the true shark jump, I don't know what you're talking about.

Links are at least a step in the right direction of slowing the game down and lessening degenerate play styles.

Only idiots think Links will slow down the game.

I said a step in the right direction, not that that will be the case, or that Konami won't majorly fuck up like the always do.

Regardless of how the link format turns out, like I said, they at least had the idea to TRY and slow things down.

Try? Link decks are literally Synchro spam 2.0. The OCG meta has barely changed, Links are rarely even used.

They definitely slow the anime down, with them doing the whole fucking animation sequence every time somebody link summons.

Look, regardless of how it turned out, like I keep saying, you can't look at link summoning and not come to the conclusion that they were made with the intention of slowing the game down.

I still think it was a decent idea, but like Konami always does, they fucked up everything and that's unfortunate, but at least they didn't just go full ham with the new summoning mechanic like they did with pendulums. Can you at least begin to comprehend what I'm saying?

They were made in an attempt to get people to only use Links after the disaster that Arc-V was. If you look at link's summoning requirements, you'll see that no attempt of slowing down the game was made, just an attempt to get people to use Links instead of everything else.

If i just want a deck to play with friends would a cyber dragons/blue eyes deck be fine? I just want one around. I already have 3 of that cyber dragon structure deck but i heard that there was a blue eyes deck that popped up and that was my favorite card when i was younger.

I think Cyber Dragon and Blue-Eyes would work better as separate decks.

>links will slow the game down meme
>one of the strongest decks in the format doesn't even need an extra deck to crush