Hodgepodge system drawing arbitrarily from unrelated sources

>hodgepodge system drawing arbitrarily from unrelated sources
>no cohesiveness within the design at all
>supposedly rules medium but actually just over-complex in certain areas and over-simplified in others without ever managing to find a middle-ground between the two extremes
>filled to the brim with archaic mechanics that the rest of the industry left behind decades ago
>filled to the brim with redundant mechanics that exist for no other reason that they always were there even though they're never used for anything
>skills and ability scores are practically useless because all checks are made with 1d20 roll over, making it so that it's almost entirely random whether you succeed or not
>characters will grow uncontrollably powerful regardless of what the tone of the world or campaign is supposed to be
>character progression is linear and come in huge chunks so your drunk tavern brawler will suddenly become immune to all diseases regardless of how little sense it makes

When did you realize that D&D sucks balls?

Newfags, before you do anything, recognize that this is just a troll, and that all subsequent posts in this thread will just be more trolling.

t. butthurt D&Dfag

thats_just_like_youre_opinion_man.png

Boring thread OP, let's change the topic.
Who would win in a fight, a level 20 Wizard, or 1 billion lions?

Wizard.

Although 1 billion lions could maybe start killing each other in pairs to level up and take wizard levels to make it even.

There's very little in the OP that can be considered opinion.

Stop trying to fish for replies, OP.

If you're not just a troll, you're better off letting this thread die, and taking your question to a non-troll thread.

upboated, friend!
:^)

I'm OP and that wasn't me.

I'm OP and that wasn't me.

Hello this is OP and this my favourite thread on Veeky Forums

I bet OP loves FATAL.

I'm sorry.

reminder 2e was objectively the best edition

It was awful back then and it's still awful now.

I no longer give a shit.

At first, your threads validated everything I thought about 3.5. What your threads could not do was fix was my group only playing that when anyone besides I run. Sure, I could give up on my group and play online but I might as well just go to playing video games instead of searching for groups on here or roll20. I do not give a shit about system recommendations either. It is like being a kid and seeing pie behind the case in the diner. You would love a slice but life just does not work that way, now eat your greens or go hungry.

thats_just_like_youre_opinion_man_2.jpg

2e is the best edition in spirit and tone. The mechanics however leave a lot to be desired compared to 'modern standards'. I wonder why there hasn't been a new take on 2e like they've done with B/X and 1e in OSR, I think if the system was streamlined a bit it could be a great game.

In your opinion, which system is nearest to perfection then?

the answer is always GURPS

No system is near perfect. Most have some things they do really well and some things they don't do so well, and others, like D&D, don't even do what they were designed to do well.

GURPS works if you want a generic system with crunch. Particularly useful if you want to be able to mix and match genres easily.