>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>LAST TIME ON /WIPG/:

Other urls found in this thread:

tibbsforge.com/mentor-legion-anniversary-marine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks, user, I kind of feel like an idiot being spoon fed that review since it's the first review to come up on Google but it's definitely helpful. The idea of the parts kits can be helpful, although it might be better to hold out and abide by the buy once, cry once idea instead.

Finished my first firewarrior, any tips or advice for the next 9?

>Tau
>looks unpainted
Pottery

That being said, any felliw german/austrianfags here? What do you use for stripping paint? I want to redo my Necrons, but just painting over the previous layers, thin as they may be, seems wrong.
Also, how's a metallic blue for Necrons, kinda like pic related? I can use other colours to mix up too, but blue is the one I currently have at home.

Oh yea I probably should have clarified finished building.

Progress on the hydration boyz has begun

How much blood should i coat the finished squad in?

real or paint, khorne cares not from where it spills

I finally have the pieces I made for some Dawn of War-esque terrain. Here's the Plasma Generator pieces. I'm surprised, they came out really well. All that needs to be done here is cut the acrylic rod and everything will fit together flawlessly. I don't even need to sand anything down really. The bottom two are translucent because they are internal supports for the "floating" side panels.

Sorry user, the 40kg just has me conditioned like Pavlov and hus dogs. I see unpainted Tau, I must shitpost.
Do you already have a paint scheme planned?

And here's the pieces for the Path to Enlightenment. I made everything but the round piece in back and the tubes, which are actually legos. There's a fire warrior in there for scale. These I have a big piece of 5mm plywood for that I need to cut a base out of. Looks like it takes up a 7"x7" area.

I really look forward to painting it
>no
in my blue and purple palette
>no
and then posting it for everyone
>no

WIP Ulthwe Guardians.

Still have 15 of these guys to go T___T

No way on earth I'm paying £25 for a regular Primaris Captain, so I went all Frankenstein.

>any felliw german/austrianfags here? What do you use for stripping paint?
Acetone for metal and Mellerud PVC cleaner from Obi for plastics.
The Mellerud stuff is okay, but not great.

Tan fatigues, Green armor, Orange distinguishing markings, Yellow plasma, Blue sights and lights.

His left arm is not high enough on his torso, if you look head on you see where the shoulder is supposed to be and it's lower than where it should be on the torso.

Thanks user, gotta try it out. If I can get rid of most of the paint, I'm already happy with it. Any tips on how long I need to soak them, without losing details?

>get distracted 30 minutes
>miss an Eldar centaur, $13
MY LUCK IS SHIT THIS WEEEEEEEK

Just picked one of these guys up today. I want to use him as a conversion for my death guard, but I'm not what he's going to end up being until I can look at an actual codex. I'm thinking Lord or preferably lieutenant equivalent if thhey exist.

Any general tips on how to make someone like this look more 40k besides just slapping a gun at his hip?

Well, just make sure to distinguish the green and orange/yellow/tan bits, or they will be overwhelmed by the green

You might want a powerpack and some tubes on him. A gun, obviously, and maybe a rusty chainweapon?

Up-armor him, fancy up his axe (Either make it look like a power weapon or add some mechanical bitz, give him a spess muhreen backpack of some sort.
put him in a naut

Hey /wip/ I just ordered my first 10 man kill team!
I'm open for suggestions on what chapters should be included in it but my only stipulation is that if it happens I'd onlyblike 1 pair of marines from the same chapter.

Currently working on the first strike box set to run demo games. Criticism appreciated (I know I have shitty lighting).

Get a CSM backpack for him and put one of the pauldrons on his unarmored arm. You could also try to add some tubes, like maybe one connecting to his helmet.

That'll be the test of whether or not I can make this scheme attractive on the table.

Black Templars

An angry marine for shits and giggles, a lamenter because i want you to hate yourself trying to do the checker pattern and one of Veeky Forums's homebrew chapters. Maybe those aztec dudes or the guys with the big shields, they seem bretty cool.

The mellerud stuff isn't gonna do anything to the plastic.
At least not in my experience.
I usually left my minis to soak for 24 hours before giving them a scrub and then repeating the process for the ones that were caked in primer or something like that.

It works, but you'll need to do a lot of scrubbing. As I said, it's not great.

A dark green could reasonably work and contrast enough with the other colours, if they're a bit brighter.

why not just use all the pads in the kit once

If first founding legions trigger you, I'm pretty sure you can still get 10 unique successor chapters out of two 5-man boxes.

They are bright and im priming white too. The green is Death World Forest Base, Underhive Ash Drybrush, Athonian Camoshade Wash.

Never thought of using the BT's I'll include one, try to make him a vanguard or something
I'm doing Lammys for my main marines I'm just looking for opinions, I'm fine with first founders

Carcharadon or Exorcist

I like both of those chapters, I'll put heavy thought into it

Red scorpions pls

Don't know much about them, I'll educate myself and decide from there

make the kill team up completely out of badab war chapters

You can do a lot of different chapters with the same pads, just different colors.

83 is either Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists
92 Is Black Consuls, White Consuls and the new Mentors badge too.
93 Is Nova Marines, and while the halo of the Sons of Medusa only has 8 points and not 12 it's a fairly minor detail or easy to convert in any case.
85 Space Wolves and I believe either Shadow or Iron Wolves. Red badge on dark grey shield.
88 Ravenwing and Hawk Lords.
94 Minotaurs, Brazen Minoturs, White Minotaurs and Tauran
97 I think aside from Black Templars there are also White Templars. Should look that up, would be surprised if the badge hadn't been recycled though.
98 Forgot the name, the red and blue quartered guys and the orange chaper (Knights of Gryphonne?) use this.

That's already almost 20 different chapters without even using all the pads.

Thank you brother

Less is more. Make all their splatters unique, make them tell stories.

I'll save this option for my second squad
I wasn't really concerned with what was in the box just wanted to hear fellow hobbyists opinions or favoured chapters

You're welcome Brother

Hmmm... you have a good point.

No promises on that whole "less" part, but I will definitely try to tell a story with the splatter and not just coat them in it all over.

Concise gore

Finished up this guy today. It's my chaos counts as eversor assassin. Not my best paint job, but I'm happy with it atm. Open to any fluff or name suggestions. Or pointers on painting with cream white.

>Pottery

Hath not the potter power over the clay? To make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?

What?

Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, what makest thou?

You hold my shit

Oh. My god.

A new Johnny for a new age of mankind

What's the "signature" Johnny color scheme? Or one of the more well known colors I guess. The color scheme that immediately comes to mind

Looks lovely user.

EXCELLENT

No love for dragon chad in the previous thread

He's just a test model so a little rough, but I'm happy with the colours. How should I go with highlighting the bronze parts?

Throw them in the trash

How are you running them? They do not have the Chaos Keyword (I literally did the same thing and my group refuses to let me run them because they don't share keywords)

Ebay sniping is WIP-related, I can't work on the miniature if I don't win it.

sycorax bronze if you have it, necron compound will also do the trick

the guy who posts it the most is the blood angel one, you should paint it up as a BA successor in honor of that

Posting my D

mouldline on right arm

I think that might be a stuck hair, it's a weird moldline otherwise.

Thanks

Should I bother adding shoulder studs on the left shoulder or no?

FUCKING MAGNIFICENT.
Gonna need a how-to for that one, user. I require a Johnny of my own.

Do I need to prime the primarus blue plastic marines?

My recently completed D

only if you arent playing ultramarines

Bonus falcons ov death

Yes, it's still just bare plastic, I assume.

Best I could do. I'd take a picture of the backside I had to fill in but my phone just died

Love your work, user. New Johnny shall take pride of place on my shelf when he's done. Eventually.

1st tell those guys to eat a dick. Then tell them how can run an auxillary squad that's an elite choice, though at -1 CP (bummer, but worth it to me because FUN), that can be from whatever faction you want because it's a seperate detachment. It's still battleforged because you have your main detachment, probably a battalion, and then the elite choice is a different detachment.

Or, you can run the vangaurd detachment, like I am going to when I finish my counts as vindicare, callidus and cypher models, alongside another detachment.

Thanks user. It's my first time using green stuff

Now that I've got a paint scheme to go for I can paint him up tomorrow

Bollocks. I want a PrimaJohnny but I want that Auspex because I've convinced myself that it will do something when the codex comes out

>dat lighting
>Dat scheme.

I applaud your effort.

I am sorry :(

Damn, I scoured the book for that rule just in case and couldn't find anything. Well shit, I'll just do it anyway!

Makes my chaos orks suddenly irrelevant too.

How'd you do that green?

Stick some more armour on his other arm. Give him a backback.

Maybe glue some plasticard or something in the neck area to look like the gorget of his armour poking out from the flesh that grew around it.

Stick a plagued up version of a servoskull or a cyber cherub or something on his base with him.

Give his ax a power supply or a chain edge or something.

Mentors, with the original owl emblem.

-1 to enemy cover save

More nurgle glory!

I've got pic related sat unassembled in a box for an AoS army that's not happening anymore.
Any suggestions for what I could use it as in a 40k chaos army?

on a serious note: mold lines

on a subjective note: try for more dynamic poses.

Positive note: good use of bits and the posing on the left arm.

That's what I expect, but there's nothing concrete yet

I like it user, I'll definitely think about using it, maybe a wise old sargent or something

no, you should either use it as a display piece or sell it.

Thank you. They don't get enough love.

See And take it to heart.

It's really unfortunate, but 40k doesn't have "lord on dragon" type characters. All our mounts are very small. Nurgle lords exist, mounted Chaos lords exist, but nothing that big. I think you might have to use it as a Greater Daemon or something.

Fuck that. Use it as a Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne, but call it a Pustulant Toad of Nurgle.

Loving your ISM. I've got one on the way. After running one that was a proxy, I fell in love with the unit.

Just finished washing. Still need to highlight and base. Suggestions on what to highlight and where?

How do I do lenses?

pls no bully

Welp, I'll be doing this

This guy made it. I love it too, and I plan to recreate his paint scheme on an ISM and a Johnny.

tibbsforge.com/mentor-legion-anniversary-marine/

You're welcome Brother. That's why I was asking for suggestions user, chapters that are overlooked and underloved

>he actually purchased the imperial space marine

absolute madman
I am absolutely jealous

mentors are a top tier classic chapter too

All this ISM love is fucking top tier

It was about the same cost as a plastic HQ. Not that bad. They're also available for the price of a regular troop or two from recasters.

Do bits of odd blood around there, but maybe also do a common red decal on the helmet faceplates?

*angry bean sounds*

I'll return to finish him later, trying to focus on the rest of the DI stuff