Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Ynnari a shit edition

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

How good is the Xiphon Interceptor at shooting down enemy aircraft?

first for lelith a whore

Extremely, nearly hard counter tier.

One mon'keigh every 50 or so years is acceptable.

Who will be the lucky guy?

how about all that yncarne cock she's sucking?
and those drugs?

What are the qualifications to be this individual?

Play Ultramarines for atleast 15 years of course

(reposting)

I am considering branching into space marines to supplement my Imperial Guard army and make them more of a combined "Imperium" army. What canonical chapters work best for this purpose? As in, which chapters would work in tandem with generic troops?

Some thoughts I had were:

>Salamanders for the obvious "protect baseline humans" thing they've got going for them.

>Mentors are an obscure chapter that basically augments all other imperial forces with high strategy

>Raptors are known to work with local forces

I also would like a chapter that uses camo so their vehicles look good beside chimeras and stuff. For that I can only think of Raptors and Warbringers.

Any thoughts?

The drug is semen, Yncarne has a vagina dick like a hyena so it's useless to her.

>/40kg/ - hyena vagina dicks

There's a guy named Cypher who has a crew that wants to help you out.

So, I just saw that Imperial Fists chapter tactics are army wide IGNORES COVER.

How fucking broken is this?

>get into CW eldar because I like aspect warrior and pathlore
>didn't go full biel-tan because I like the Il-Kaithe lore about going all out to hunt chaos (friend who brought me into the game played chaos)
>run mainly aspect dar, with fire prism and guardians.
>Il-kaithe are stated to take on bits of dark eldar symbols and such. Use this as part of reasoning for using cool DE eldar bits to convert into resin only aspects.
>Ynnari come out
>8th ed comes out, no possible reason to not use my hawks as the scourges I used the model of
I don't want to flavor of the week, but lore wise it really does make sense for Il-Kaithe to have taken up with the guys who decided to bring together everyone to fuck up chaos.

Especially as I've been more and more tempted to run more dark eldar as I just can now.

reposting from earlier: Rate my custom character:

LoW: Asdrubael Vect(cannot be given the Ynnari keyword) - 17 power/340 points
(comes to 400 thanks to the lances)
M*/WS2+/BS*/S6/T7/W14/A*/Ld10/Sv4+
>Profile changes as he takes wounds:
8-14W - M16"/BS2+/A6
4-7W - M12"/BS3+/AD6
1-3W - M9"/BS4+/AD3

Equipped with 3 Dark Lances - 36" S8, AP-4, D6 damage

Equipped with Pleasure Barge Prow - melee, S8, AP-1. D2.
>You can make a maximum of one close combat attack with a pleasure barge prow each turn(any remaining attacks must be made with a different melee weapon). If the bearer charged this turn, successful attacks have a damage characteristic of D3+2 instead of 2.

Equipped with serrated hull - melee, S-user, AP-, D1

Abilities -
Night mist - this unit has a 4+ invulnerable save.
Triggered Explosion - If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing it from the battlefield. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" suffers D6 mortal wounds

Hovering: Distance and ranges are always measured to and from this model's hull, even though it has a base.

Archon Lord of Commorragh - All friendly units within 12" of this unit, including those embarked on this model, can reroll all failed hit rolls with shooting weapons.

Master Tactician - If this unit is your warlord, when rolling to seize the initiative, you succeed on a roll of 5+.

Ready to Kill: If this unit is chosen as your Warlord, it may take a Warlord Trait from Codex: Drukhari.

Transport: This model can transport 10 Drukhari Infantry models, except those with the or Faction keyword.

Faction Keywords: AELDARI, DRUKHARI, KABAL OF THE BLACK HEART

Keywords: Vehicle, Character, Transport, Fly, Asdrubael Vect

What did your waifu do to scorn you so? Was it the drugs?

As a DE player glad she picked up the habit.

Reminder that if you hate 8e, just shut up and play something else instead of bitching about how 8e is the spawn of the devil for several hundred posts.

Create your own.

Many work in tandem with Imperial forces of all stripes, especially the guard, but there's only a few that show a huge distaste or disdain for such a partnership.

The Hospitallers are known to work alongside the Guard very frequently, and often augment the guard's work as part of the force rather than a separate detachment entirely, up to and including taking on medicae duties, though those are sometimes only to administer the Emperor's Peace.

Raptors tend to work as another unit in the Imperial Army structure, often taking defensive or offensive positions where needed, but otherwise treating themselves as a different detachment.

Mentors are known to take up command positions and augment the command structure of their allies, though they'd also probably use their own forces on the field for best effect as well.

I know the Ultras tend to just fight alongside them in a pretty straightforward and boring manner, while others might simply pursue their own means to victory heedless of the lesser Imperial forces on the ground.

Alpha Legion

It basically just guarantees their AP will work.

Almost every Astartes Chapter has fought alongside the Imperial Guard at one point or another

In addition to your ideas some other examples would be the Space Wolves who fought extensively alongside the Imperial Guard during the First war for Armageddon and still find a place fighting with the guard

In Dawn of war 1 and 2 the Blood Ravens fought alongside the guard as well during some missions

But going along with your desire for a camo'd marine army you're pretty much stuck with Raptors who are still a very fine choice.

Significantly less broken than it would have been last edition. Like, it's a neat bonus but probably a lot weaker than some of the other options.

The only people who hate 8e are WAAC cucks whose bullshit armies got BTFO with the balance fixes.

Not so much. It's good but cover is usually just +1 armor save so it's not as strong as it was.

How can I give my Eldar army some your dudes flavour?

Anyone who makes posts like "anyone who loves/hates 8th edition" is a faggot

Wait for your codex, when you get rules for different craftworlds.

And it's much harder to get a solid cover save unless you are camping a piece of terrain.

>t. WAACfag
Where did GW bad touch you? Riptides or scatbikes? Maybe tzeentch summoning?

Make them all halfbreed tau auxiliaries you goddamn snowflake.

I like 8th so far, only gripe is alpha legion not being in the index.

>Raptors

Reee waacfag get out.

Issodon is broken beyond belief.
>yfw he isn't even p2w with the mega and he has no official model.

>plays "your dudes the game"
>doesn't like your dudes

Fair enough.

Alpha Legion doesn't have any characters though so I don't see why they would have been in the index. You'll get Legion rules back in under a month, anyway.

Maybe he's one of the people who thought 8e "ruined" the fluff despite it being impossible to ruin something that was always inherently terrible.

Alpha legion has a few forge world characters.

>always
The fluff was pretty good in 3rd and 4th.

5th was the turning point.

The people who complain 8e was the last straw of bad fluff are clear newfags who weren't around until post-Kirby.

That complaint is just used by fags that can't find another solid thing to bitch about.

Drop the transport rule

Rerolling hit rolls within 12" doesn't seem that flavorful, and is perhaps too strong.
Perhaps change it to something like:
>Pirate King of Commoragh
Friendly units within 6/12" of this model at the start of the turn that fall back may still advance, shoot and charge as if they had not fallen back.

Another fun little rule could be something like:
>Slaver Nets
If this model moves over an enemy unit, once per turn it may roll a d6 for each model in that unit (up to 3d6). For each roll of a 5+ that unit suffers a mortal wound.

>mfw iron hands tactics just got copypasted

See

Would It be hard to convert something to look like this?

Im giving my salamanders a lot of love and Id wanna convert tu'shan but ive never attempted anything of the sort

I have a question about the fight phase. Once all the charging units have fought, and you are alternating between you and your opponents units to fight, does the opponent get to pile in too?

You could try sculpting with clay, or 3d printing

Yep. Each time a unit is chosen to fight, it gets the option to pile-in first, then makes its attacks, then has the option to consolidate.

I have no idea why everyone is wanking over that CT. It's not amazing. Salamanders, Ultramarines, and Raven Guard got the only amazing CTs.

They haven't rewired their brains yet from what IGNORES COVER meant in 7e.

Everything is falling apart and this hobby is the only thing keeping me together.

Can you guys post some highlights from your recent games?

working on my pleauge casters now.. so much detail. i start working on my 2nd and find details i had not found on the 1st one.. let tdry .. get it done and find more to do lol.

damn you gw!!!

>Warp Talons can use Warpflame Strike to charge without worrying about Overwatch
cool
>9 inch charge is pretty easy to get off especially with CP rerolls
very cool
>A Sorcerer on a Bike or Steed of Slaanesh can very easily position himself in such a way as to cast Prescience on the Warp Talons
great
>Prescience makes Death to the False Emperor go off on 5+
very great
>Warp Talons cannot take an Icon of Excess to make this 4+
why not?

I can see a place for every CT working out. Some might be better than others baseline, but I don't think the discrepancy is as bad as before.

Cant decide if I should start a new Successor Chapter or an entirely different army. Got nearly 5k of bugs, and am working on finishing a company of space marines.

If I went with the successor, theyd be a Raven Guard one, but I also cant decide between Primaris or Little Marines.

giant lightning claw hands can't hold a banner

How the hell do you build an army around a 1 in 6 chance to not die?

So there is a kinda odd bit about the fight rules that I want to check.
It says units eligable to be chosen to pile in then fight are all units within 1" of an enemy unit AND (emphasis mine) any unit that charged this turn.

I'm assuming that this means successfully charged but follow me.
Unit A attacks unit B, killing some models. The player of unit B removes model so that unit C no longer has any models within 1" of it.
If unit C did not charge this turn, it cannot be chosen to pile in and attack.
If unit C did charge this turn, it can pile in 3" possibly getting within 1" of an enemy model.

Now the rules also say that if a unit charged it can only attack a unit it charged, so if unit C charged and moves within 1" of an enemy unit, it can only attack if that unit was one of the ones it declared as a charge target.

Did I get all that right?

You don't, you just build a normal army and then let your stuff be slightly tougher than normal

Load up on multi-wound models.

grasp it firmly

In my entire 8 years of playing 40k, i have never made a 6+ save. I once rolled 27 dice and didn't get a single 6.

On the final turn of the game, my lone meltagun guardsmen, my final unit and model, shot and killed a chaos lord, giving me control of the objective and winning the game for me.
He deserves a medal.

Yes.

so after a space marine and chaos space marine battle would the space marines try to harvest the gene seeds from chaos marines or is that shit tainted with AIDS from nurgle?

Get... good?

Sounds like you need new dice.

In the only game of 8th Ive played so far, my Leviathan took out 2 other Leviathans (It was really one, the mission would let him bring stuff back).

I'm making my first list for an upcoming thousand point tournament that I want to go to. Can anyone here give me some advice on what I should keep or cut from this list?

Ghazghkull Thraka (215)
Painboy (42)
-Power Klaw (25)
Nobz x10 (170)
-Power Klaw x 3 (75)
-Killsaw x 2 (56)
-Kombi Weapon w/ Skorcha (19)
Boyz x 30 (180)
-Rokkit Launcha x 2 (24)
-Big Shoota (6)
Boyz x 30 (180)
-Big Shoota (6)

I'm still pretty new but I just bought a shit ton of used boyz from a friend so I can sub in stuff if need be. I sort of want to drop the painboy and buy a weirdboy so I have access to physic shit but IDK if it's worth losing a 6+ invuln save. If I did the idea would be to charge up the board with a bunch of boyz and then teleport the nobz around the back for a massive ork sandwich.

Thoughts?

is there a conversion service ? like a painting service but make me this character?

They definitely wouldn't. They might try to destroy the corrupted geneseed though.

The Chaos Marines might either try to destroy the geneseed of the loyalists, or steal it.

make one for him then

I've already went through 7 different sets of dice. I'm just cursed.

Ultramarines chapter tactics are fucking amazing now that we've seen all of them.

You're absolutely going to struggle against tanks

Maybe cut those Nobz for Tankbustas in a trukk

They're good but not amazing.

Salamanders are fucking busted.

Just fucking play what is cool to you. Don't worry about playing "flavor of the weej", if you don't deliberately cheese it's fine. If you love the fluff just go for it.

The blue plastic is silly and harder to build than the one from the paint set.
Bravo geedubs.

A single re-roll to hit and re-roll to wound per unit isn't that busted.

What do you mean harder to build? It should be the same plastic just dyed blue. I've built probably a hundred blue genestealers and they were never really different from the grey ones.

Google mercury dice.

Their flame weapons don't roll to hit, however, this makes near any special weapon they carry that much more likely to hit home, and all their weapons more likely to land a damaging hit.

Turn one pop 10 banshees out of a wave serpent, charge the enemy tac team, kill them.
Pile into a dreadnought.
Turn 5, the banshees have two troops and the exarch left, and dreadnought is at 3 wounds.
We had to call the game then.

That's 20 re-rolls per turn for 10 units. Potentially 40 re-rolls if you both shoot and charge with them.

That's like 40 free command points a turn, except without the restriction that you can't use the stratagem more than once per phase.

How is that NOT busted?

>My DAs were failing all their shimmershield saves and were whittled down to the exarch.
>charges a guard squad, dodging all their overwatch shots except for a melta gun
>I raised my voice shouting "SHIMMERSHIELD" and threw the die across the room at the curtains
>check result
>nearly shit myself with laughter
>6
>exarch proceeds to massacre the squad and force all the survivors to flee.

Head is molded in such a way that you need to snap it with the body halves.
Paint set had the heads molded in and the ancient has a peg for the head to go in.

Pick

The chapter tactic
The worst chapter tactic

Whether or not you can use it, in which case you wish you could cause you aren't playing marines

Oh shit, how did I miss this. Got a link by any chance to the rest of the tactics?

You're assuming that command points are worth spending on those re rolls.

I'm the opposite, I will never fail a 2+ save even if my opponent caused 40+ wounds to me, but if you tell me to roll a single fucking dice multiple times in a row I will roll 8 1's in a row.

>Love the Mecharius Tanks
>mfw that pricetag
Are there any alternatives?

Because you actually have to take into account what you're re-rolling. Re-rolling a couple bolter shots isn't that big of a deal, a single flamer to wound roll means fuck all, re-rolling a single attack in assault is only that big of a deal on a unit that can hit sufficiently hard.

It's only really a big deal on weapons like lascannons or multimeltas.

They're typically not, but if you had infinite free command points as long as you only used one per hit roll and one per wound roll per unit you'd sure use them then.

I mean, a Dreadnought is a single unit. Run 4-6 Dreads with Salamanders, every one of them gets to re-roll one hit with their guns and then re-roll a Wound every shooting phase, then they charge and get to re-roll one attack with their dread fist and re-roll one Wound.

It's crazy.

Chinaman

So stick lascannons and multimeltas in your Salamanders units? This isn't rocket surgery.

ching chong bing bong herro i am recaster

Now you're getting fucked by hoards because you've brought nothing but lascannons and multimeltas.

No shit I'd use them, but I wouldn't equate them to a reroll I can use on any die.

I mean aside from Chinamen. Like, 3rd party tanks?

Saim Hann vs Ork Hordes

Turn 1 Split up my forces, force the Orks to separate their units to chase my army.

Turn 2 zip back to the other side of the board, start wiping out units that have gotten isolated

Steadily losing units to sheer weight of fire from orks

Unit of guardians hops out of a wave serpent and proceeds to distract a deff dread for the entire game like the heroes they are.

Stormboyz are chasing my wave serpent around, it's slowly killing them with EML fire, but they're putting a lot of pain on it. Manage to squish a Stormboy in melee though.

Turn 4. Stormboyz finally kill the Wave Serpent, and a unit of bikers finally gets gunned down by Shoota fire. shit.

Start of turn 5, 2 remaining guardians charge and kill the Big Mek. MVPs.
2 Remaining Bikers zip into ruins and score an objective in the opponents deployment zone
Farseer launches herself 22" across the board to score another objective. My opponent only has 2 units left, so as long as at least one of my units survives, I can win.

End of Ork turn 5, my last guardian jetbike unit has one model left on 1 wound. Only him and a Farseer left on the board. Somehow pulled a win out of my ass with eldar bullshit.

Third party minis are for colossal cocksucking faggots.

Or, you take a normal TAC mix of weaponry, and use the re-rolls on the single-shot heavies and still have flamers to use your stratagem on.