Could the art work of this upcoming Alpha legion book be the new 8th edition Chaos Primaris Space marines??

Could the art work of this upcoming Alpha legion book be the new 8th edition Chaos Primaris Space marines??

The armor looks similar in a sense. Especially the helmets.

>Upon the oceanic hive world of Tsadrekha, the darkness of the Noctis Aeterna is held at bay by the golden light of a unique beacon. Yet as sharks are drawn to blood, so the ravening warbands of the Heretic Astartes circle the planet, warring to claim this rich prize for their Dark Gods. Now, one of those warlords has deployed a secret weapon to end the deadlock. Kassar and his elite band of Alpha Legionnaires, the Unsung, must infiltrate the planet, using all their cunning and warrior skill to overcome the planets defenders and corrupt the beacon. They need to work fast, for none other than Khârn the Betrayer himself has come to lead the final assault. As a rising tide of apocalyptic warfare consumes Tsadrekha, Kassar and his brothers must race for the prize or be consumed by the fury of the storm.

Book summary for anyone interested.

I thought it was obvious that the Alpha Legion had stolen Mark X armor and disguised themselves as UMs.

I think they are just undercover ultramarines. I mean look at their armor and that exposed face. They are all pristine and don't show signs of Chaos mutation or warping. Those are not CSM.

meme aside they did say 1 loyalist will turn chaos and 1 chaos will turn loyalist.

AL legion and DA are both the sole contenders of the switch

Where did they say this?

Also how can either of them turn to the side they already fight for?

Alpha Legion is a traitor legion (Probably? Maybe?), but most of them don't worship chaos. The standard Alpha Legionnare would be identical to a loyalist marine.

The fuck? Would the Imperium even welcome back a chapter of heretic space marines?

It does look like that, you're right.

In other news, why is St. Celestine so badly drawn? It looks to me like some avere fanart, compared to the rest of the cover...

*Average fanart

And holy shit, that art is terrible.

AL are little to not tainted by chaos and could be a "Order 66" kind of setup

>Where did they say this?
I would like to know this, too

Nothing official. Some scummy user said as a theory and then he and his friends repeated it so many times until they believed it was real.

I see, thanks

>I think they are just undercover ultramarines.
Ultramarines are undercover Alpha legionnaires actually

Didnt someone mention 30k AL tend to wear stuff like Mark IV and other stuff, that looks primarish, but is just old heresy-era power armour.

Why is St Celestine even on the cover? She's not mentioned once in the description unless she's said beacon. If so, I'd like to think that corrupting her is a little out of their league, considering she no-sold the attempts to fog the mind that managed to snare Guiliman himself.

Why are those CSM in MKX armour?

>Especially the helmets.

Those are 30k Mk IV AL helmets. Mk X looks like Mk IV. Torso is clearly Mk VII, look at the ab cable housing, no ab armor like Mk X. Using Anvillus standard non-Primaris backpacks for CSM. They don't even have bolt rifles.

Only Mk X piece I see in that picture is the kneepad.

It is, the rest in this thread are under cover alpha legion agents spreading rumors

She could be the leadership of the Imperial forces protecting the beacon.

Celestine is at her last lives. A few more deaths and her entire soul will be food for Chaos. Killing her is enough.

All Primaris are AL clone troopers, so the distinction is meaningless.

Was revealed by the same guy who spilled the beans about Cadia getting BTFO and Guilliman returning, but he only made mention that a loyalist would go traitor, no mention of a traitor going loyal (which some user added to) My bets are on Khan, Corax or Vulkan, since there's no way they'd piss of the DA or SW by having the Lion or Russ turn.

Of course, that same guy completely missed the Primaris, so take this with a grain of salt

Why would vulkan go traitor

>book about alpha legion
>they're up against SoBs
>ANOTHER story where SoB are the punching bag
feels badman

Alpha legion should have fought the iron snakes even though they're on the same side and made up of the same people

No one ever said the Imperium would support them openly, just that they'd be more obviously working against Chaos

I'd actually love it if the Alpha Legion became the spearhead of a mixed faction anti Chaos group with xenos and humans mixed in

>meme aside
>Posts meme anyway
I fucking hate how often this board posts chinese whispers as lore. GW never said that you little fgt.

Nah, first it was GW and then it was these rumor folks. It's really just anons here.

>Could the art work of this upcoming Alpha legion book be the new 8th edition Chaos Primaris Space marines??
It could not.

>fight to build the Imperium
>tortured by Curze for years, went mad
>returned for the war of the beast, sacrificed himself there as well
>finally returns
>sees that the Imperium wasn't worth it
>*insidious whispering intensifies*

It was the rumor folks, and they have a so-so track record recently.

And nobody said it was GW because GW would never let that slip, remember how tight lipped they were on Magnus?

YOU FOOLS! IF THERE IS A LARGE ALPHA LEGION MEMBER.. IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING!.. OH SHIT!

He is Alpharius!

Lets be honest...if any non imperium faction could get their hands on chad marines relatively quickly after they are sent around the galaxy it would be the AL. Its not even a big stretch of the imagination for them to do a raid on a bunch in cryo sleep then hypno indoctrinate them or some shit like that. psy-ops and sneaky shit are their bread and butter

honestly I'd like it if Alpha Legion got Primaris Marines as their legion "cult" unit. Really bring in their infiltration gimick.

NO YOU FOOL! THEY'RE ALL ALPHARIUS! EVERY BLUE PRIMARIS MARINE IS A PART OF THE ALPHARIUS HIVEMIND!

>The armor looks similar in a sense.
>It does look like that, you're right.

It does not.

Not a single piece looks MkX

yeah, that actually sounds cool.

one thing I thought when the 1 turns loyalist and 1 turns traitor thing was talked about. What if its revealed that Omegon and Alpharius are still alive, but only 1 of them turns/reveals to be loyal.
Setting the Alpha Legion up for a waring twins thing as well as explaining the maybe secret loyalists thing as half of them being secretly loyal and half being genuine traitors.

Another point for them not being CSM. Celestine literally burns any Chaos tainted soul in her presence.

These guys are not even paying attention to her. If they were CSM, it would be impossible for them to ignore her.

Its implied that the alpha legions geneseed split Alpharius omegons' soul amongst the alpha legion so each legionare could shelve a soul and use another as a sheild.

This was never said anywhere you little bitch. Either you're a liar or just stupid.

Found a dark angels player

Not at all I hate how retards like you spread misinformation. Calling you out on it doesn't make me a DA player (because I'm not) Guard for life, fuckboy.

>Oceanic Hive World
We're reaching levels of abyssal horror that shouldn't be possible here

>YOU ARE WEAK VULKAN