/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>Last Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/always-darkest-before-the-era-monday-meeting-notes/
>poll
theonyxpath.com/dark-eras-poll/
>Question:
Which fansplat is your favourite
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
docs.google.com/document/d/1bqenEJzcTh7ZqNjnTByNUAIlq4BeomHLWrI1wJ8vtc4/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=KY5Ug1OW5O4&t=318s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repostan

Oh, I looked wrong at Onyx Path website, there actually are new Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/

Genius is pretty great. If only people would stop trying to run it as a crossover game and let it be its own thing.

Princess, cause i'm a massive faggot

Alien because, come on, read this shit. It actually fits the CofD universe.

docs.google.com/document/d/1bqenEJzcTh7ZqNjnTByNUAIlq4BeomHLWrI1wJ8vtc4/edit

There is no conspiracy to make traditional games politically correct. Characters in fiction and gaming communities simply change with respect to the latest cultural values. But you fedora-tipping cancerous fucks always blame imaginary SocJus boogeymen when people start hating you for the shit that you do. As long as you continue to refuse act like decent human beings, people will keep noticing.

But of course, you will keep blaming imaginary "SJWs", "poseurs" and "normies" when you the public hates you for the scum you are. And let's not even get started on how you all react to games becoming more popular and easily accessible.

Hear, hear. I should turn this thread into a drinking game. If I knocked back a shot every time user emphasises "Bollickin' Bose Railey's" sex change operation over her appalling writing, or every time someone unironically used the phrase "Cultural Marxism", or every time someone cried about modern world politics being inserted into a game that is literally supposed to be a reflection of the modern world....

...now I think about it, it'd probably make all this shit a lot more tolerable.

Quick opinion poll: should we all get shitfaced before we post here?

Question - Can't a mage just send them home? In exchange for the secrets of the universe, of course.

>Quick opinion poll: should we all get shitfaced before we post here ?
These threads are already one of the reasons I get wrecked every night

My favorite fansplat is Genius. I haven't checked out the others, though.

Why did you choose those Embeds? What kind of Demon is the player thinking of? What's their Incarnation/Agenda? Where are you thinking of leading this Chronicle? Have you thought of a Final Secret for the Demon? These are all things that can be used to help develop an Interlock and can determine a Cipher as a whole.

>Characters in fiction and gaming communities simply change with respect to the latest cultural values
Except trannies and pansexuals and the rest of that lot are a minority within a minority. They are such a small percent of the population that they are irrelevant. So they aren't changing with the cultural values, it's simply the authors inserting their magical realms into the game, and retards like yourself cheering them on.

>As long as you continue to refuse act like decent human beings

Today I learned refusing to pander to mentally ill people is being an indecent human being.

> modern world politics being inserted into a game that is literally supposed to be a reflection of the modern world

There is a difference between integrating these issues within the game itself and just shoving in sidebars every chance you get

Terrible writing is terrible but sjw writing is obnoxious and i don't need a sermon ever sidebar telling me how evil white men are. i'm fucking latin and gay and it pisses me off just as fucking much. the sheer pretension dripping off those words every fucking time is obnoxious.

Can you really not tolerate that these people exist ?
Are you so entitled that you cannot tolerate fucking sidebars ?
If the pandering was done with you in mind, you'd be rubbing yourself in glee, so why not just live and let live
As far as I know, no one is forcing you to become an intergender pansexual planetkin ? Just let it slide and you'll be happier, dude

>If the pandering was done with you in mind, you'd be rubbing yourself in glee,

[citation needed]

try an argument next time, not slandering your opponent with rumour.

>Can you really not tolerate that these people exist ?
I can tolerate that they exist, but I refuse to tolerate people making light of a mental illness (gender dysphoria)
>Are you so entitled that you cannot tolerate fucking sidebars ?
Excuse me sweetie but I paid for magic, not an angry dyke screaming at me, mkay?
>If the pandering was done with you in mind, you'd be rubbing yourself in glee, so why not just live and let live
No, because I don't need to be patted on the back by a soulless company that pretends it cares.

>Are you so entitled that you cannot tolerate fucking sidebars ?

If I'm paying for book about wizards, vampires, werewolves, etc., every bit of extraneous and irrelevant text reduces the value of the book for its purpose, to say nothing about how utterly offensive and insulting some of the political and social preaching directed at the reader can be. Even when I happen to agree with the ideas expressed, I know they don't belong in the book.

If I wanted a sermon about the developer's or authors' ideology, I'l read his or her Facebook page or blog.

Whether you agree with the authors' sentiments or believe the ideas are "important" is irrelevant. When a company has limited space to deal with the pertinent topics, i.e., horror role playing setting and rules, and instead of relevant material, we're constantly reading about matters like the author's insistence that players only eat organic, locally-produced snacks or demands that we must use certain nearly unpronounceable pronouns to cater to people suffering from severe Body dysmorphic disorders, it demonstrates nothing more than gross unprofessionalism.

What a bunch of thin skinned faggots

can you please stop shitting up these threads with your politics ?

>If the pandering was done with you in mind, you'd be rubbing yourself in glee, so why not just live and let live

I am the demographic they are pandering to and i found it cringy.

>thin skinned faggots

That would actually be people like you and some of the OPP/WW developers and writers who apparently are so insecure or suffer from diagnosable mental pathologies that you need otherwise light ttrpg books as a constant, and rather unsubtle, means of self-affirmation and emotional support.

It speaks volumes about you that you're surprised or angered that people who spend their money on fantasy and horror games don't believe it's a "bonus" when they have to wade through ridiculous amounts of rather blatant author politics that have nothing to do with the game itself.

Again, it's the 21st Century, if anyone is interested in the politics of any game author or developer, the reader, at their discretion, can read their Facebook or Twitter page, or just Google them.

>gets BTFO
>ad hominems

Really boils the noodle

not that user but, then it's not about the sjws or the gays is it ? it's just shitty writing, something that's to be expected from rpg manuals
what matters is you've got a game toolkit
also either fix it or ignore it, but endless moaning isn't gonna do shit

to be perfectly honest, I haven't noticed this kind of stuff that much, in which splats does it pop up ?
so far vampire, demon, mummy and changeling seem pretty free from it

Can you trust someone with a serious mental illness to write about the mentally ill with any sort of objectivity? Can you trust them to write believable normies?

Because Rose has proven that we cannot.

lots of good authors are/were mentally ill
the issue here is that you have poor writers being petty people, is that right ?

but let me insist, can you direct me to examples of it ? so far I haven't encountered these fabled horrible sjw sidebars and I'm getting curious as to how bad it actually is

Perhaps some other user could provide the screenshots but

>an entire fucking sidebar about how if you eat pizza while playing the game you are literally Hitler
>a sidebar on using xher pronouns
>a sidebar on pregnant male werewolves

I'm trying to find the collage of them. It's posted here pretty regularly, but the worst one (IMO) is the MPreg one in W:tA 20th.

The player wants to be able to maintain a variety of covers for different situations, so I gave them authorized and in my pockets for the cover, but also subtlety manipulate the events going on around him, all with control. They are playing a Psychopomp Saboteur. Gist of the plan is to make the God Machine use Earth as a viewing receptacle to see the various elements to harvest, the creation of it's Infrastructures, and a vigilant eye on Demons. As time goes on though, black out spots begin to appear. Places the God Machine has no eyes. When those spots begin to get too out of control, it is then that the God Machine enacts the ARK Protocol, which is the basis of mass extinction events, that just wipe the slate clean. The God Machine usually creates Infrastructures to protect specific types of flora and fauna to survive the event, and continue on in the next iteration of the Earth Program. So he will get the revelation, and plot to try and stop the God Machine, with any help, supernatural or mundane, that he can muster.

I'm at work, and don't have the jpg handy.

However, just read the sidebar about pronouns from Mortal Remains. It's epitomizes OPP's unprofessionalism.

Also, just peruse anything from M20 and Book of Secrets.

I found the cringy WW one.

Any news on Deviant? Is this going to be Beast all over again? I really don't want to get my hopes up here.

>appalling writing
>yet somehow the lead dev for the best gameline OPP has produced.
Really activates those almonds doesn't it user.

Given that original werewolf had Ghost Nightmare Ass Pregnancy, and given how much werewolf is about personal change and spirit bullshit, I am actually more OK with that than I am with basically anything in Beast.

>werewolf
>mage
you had me worried for a second, I thought it was about actual important stuff
they're already the worst splats imo, so I really don't care, and no amount of douchebaggery and poor writing can make worse splats that are already barely good enough to use as churro wrapper
also that sidebar about male pregnancy is laughable at worst, if a bit retarded, maybe lighten up a little ? use changing breeds to make were-seahorses and have fun
kinda baffled that you would take that so seriously to be honest

That's before he went crazy
>game line about literal deviants who are on the run from authorities

Guess.

Also, who wants to bet there's going to be a drumpf reference?

We've already gotten conformation from Dave that Deviant isn't going to be cringy shit, so I'm going to hope.

The problem is that they wasted valuable ink and space so they could put in their sexual fantasies.

>Werewolf and Mage being the worst
I'm truly sorry for your shit taste, user.

>Dave

He dead nigga

>~400 page book
>at most ~2 pages' worth of preachy sidebars
I think it's acceptable

>400 g meal
>2 g of feces

I think so too

>Why are you mad someone took a shit in the middle of your living room, it's only a tiny shit compared to the room, geeze.

>angry furries and all-powerful manchildren
and me for yours ...

kind of a false equivalence there
sidebars don't smell, don't smear, don't attract bugs, don't carry diseases, aren't biological waste and are easily ignored
the only similarity is that their authors might pull them from their asses and even then, it's metaphorical

>incredulous
>demands evidence
>sees evidence
>"oh it's just a joke lighten up"
>"those werent even good games in the first place"

ffs

There's often far more than ~2 pages of sidebars, and the preachy and irrelevant material is often included in direct text, particularly NPC's.

In any event, there should be -0- irrelevant, no less directly insulting, sidebars, particularly when WW/OPP constantly complains that they don't have enough word count to actually deal with everything they want concerning game setting and rules.

>sidebars don't smell, don't smear, don't attract bugs, don't carry diseases, aren't biological waste and are easily ignored
Says who?

Not that I disagree but on point of NPCs....Most of the OPP and WWs were pretty shite as a whole

well excuse me but I judge your evidence a little light
couldn't say about the npcs, I always write my own
as for directly insulting, so far what I've seen is one mildly retarded bit of about two actual lines of male pregnancy idiocy
don't see mych offence to be taken there
ok sweetie

No problem honey.

And he's talking about the pizza thing in mage

>well excuse me but I judge your evidence a little light

It's not our fault you're retarded.

>NPC's.

Do you ever notice that manu NPC's stats are impossibly wrong or aren't consistent with the text (*cough* A Thousand Years of Night *cough*), yet OPP is meticulous and verbose in describing every such character's sexual and gender proclivities.

It's apparent that politics is often more important that game rules and setting.

>This thing that actively makes the book worse is fine

not trying to be a cunt about it, but do you have a screenshot of that ?
I don't care about mage so I don't have any books of it

I wonder if we'll ever get a thread without trolls or idiots to feed them

So ignoring all the sidebar war I think I just stumbled across perfect depiction of warfare among covenants(guest staring Mastigos, Werewoof, Ghost of Stonewall Jackson and Ballahdad)
youtube.com/watch?v=KY5Ug1OW5O4&t=318s

>as for directly insulting

Read the pronoun sidebar in Mortal Remains. The author unironically accuses readers of suffering from some mental disease or defect if they don't agree with his position.

I agree that Antagonist section is the worst part of what might have beed solid book

>taking things lightly and not twisting yourself in knots over menial stuff is being retarded
I bet you feel real smart, edgy as you are
what a big deal ! oh how I pity you user

seriously guys, lighten up

I'm honestly not sure if you're shitposting or if you're genuinely retarded. So good on you, user

I don't think you appreciate the irony of calling out people because they accuse you of being mentally ill for disagreeing with you, then doing the exact same thing, all in the same breath

>ITT
>Words hurt me

genericthisismyfetishreactionjpg.jpg

We're not accusing you of being mentally ill, we're advising you to seek out social services and assisted living to cope with your unfortunate condition.

It's really for your own good, user.

>I hate sidebars, those SJWs are ruining my WoD/CoD!

If you were really that bothered, you'd be playing/discussing something else. You sound like a broken record.

Yeah, I don't understand why those kikes in Israel deported me when I started shouting "Hitler did nothing wrong" either

What has Rose done on that front? Usually it is David Hill that comes up with that shit.

these are rather recent additions to a 20 year old game.

God damn side bars, fucking drive me to drink. They keep shifting up this thread with irrelevancy

ok then explain to me what I'm not getting
use simple words and sentences

Says the user who keep posting people should not be bothered by the siderbars.

Richt go home, nobody likes your sidebars

Good question i always though she did a great job for vampire

What a solution. No wonder a beta bitch like yourself knows the first thing about leaving when things get tough.

People are mad that a game(s) they like are being ruined by being flooded with irrelevant "progressive" bullshit, when OPP keep whining there isn't enough space for rules/setting and are constantly cutting pages upon pages of content

>ruined
you haven't had many things ruined in your life, have you ?
just get off your ass and fix it if you don't like it

>just get off your ass and fix it if you don't like it

I do that. I try to share all opp pdfs so people dont have to give money to opp

Yeah, let me just get hired by them then usurp the position of head dev you mouth breathing mong.

I don't like sidebars either, I'm just not shouting "RUINED FOREVER" every time I see one. Could they be more tactful? Yes. Is there more relevant content? Yes. But all of this complaining won't make them go away. Just ignore them and play the game without them. It's that simple.

>if you're doing something to change things it's overreacting
>if you're not doing something to change things it's because you're a worthless piece of shit

I'm too idiosyncratic in my views to be pandered to. If i'm pro choice, socially libertarian, worried about global warming, and left of center on economics; I must therefore be pro-gun control, pro-mass migration, and down with Critical Theory bullshit. (which is more Freudian than Marxist.)

NWerewolf, in it's second draft, manages to out-furry OWerewolf with a single sidebar. They could have at least done something like two-faced hero in Exalted.

Underrated post.

I meant homebrew the rules you crave so and write your own fluff to complement or replace the existing one
not everything is spoonfed to you and if you don't get exactly what you want, especially in make-believe-land, you can and should just make it the way you want

If I wanted to homebrew my own fluff and rules I would, the point is that I'm paying money and getting politics, which is completely unprofessional

These guys have the right idea.

All this discussion seems to boil down to "stop trying to be inclusive, it rustles my jimmies!"

""""""inclusive""""""

>OPP constantly complaining that they're cutting fluff because there just isn't enough space
>maybe stop pandering to the handful of trannies?
>no, it's the cissies who are to blame

Begone

>seriously guys, lighten up

That comment should be directed to WW and OPP.

it should actually be directed at the entire world

>""""""inclusive""""""

Cramming in as many minorities as possible, excluding others (see, e.g., Lions of Zion in M20), and then making almost every white, straight, cis, Christain male an antagonist of villain, is not "inclusive," nor is it "tolerant" or "diverse."

hey

guys

how about

listen for a sec

I have the best idea

you're not gonna believe it

stop being so triggered over words on a screen, you're sounding like tumblr

>if a doctor perform malpractice then i should just cure myself.
>Flawless logic there user

>Minorities are bad people
Thin Skinned: The Trolling

>How dare you expect descent writing for something you pay for, stop being triggered.
wew lad

another false equivalence
sidebars aren't putting your life at risk, you're just being
stop trying to be snarky, it doesn't suit you

Jesus Christ this user. It's like having Aspie back in the thread again.

How many Obfuscating Nossies does it take to send a message?

>you're just being
>stop trying to be snarky, it doesn't suit you

Stop trying to write user, it doesnt suits you

Stat me /cofd/

>Minorities are bad people

Is there something wrong with you? Are you just trolling?

Nothing in my comment or others even remotely suggested "minorities are bad people" or should be included in the books. The issue is why an ttprg has to remind the reader at every possible opportunity about the purported "specialness" and importance of *certain* minorities and/or that white, cis, straight, Western men are evil, particularly when the issue has nothing to do with the setting or rules of the game.

My argument still stands. If i pay a professional for a job and he does it poorly then i am within my rights to complain about his shitty work