Has there ever been a moment in 40k lore where some inquisitor gathers soldiers from different regiments to form some...

Has there ever been a moment in 40k lore where some inquisitor gathers soldiers from different regiments to form some badass Imperial Guard squad? Can it ever happen? Or will people just say "they cant work together since they are from different regiments blah blah Warhammer 40k is not for tactical badasses go back to /k/"

Fuck you the dynamic is a cool idea

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwatch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

It could happen but no has bothered since no one likes the guard

I think the book Redemption Corps mentioned the squad was from different regiments

I can vouch for you

I mean if they could make a Death Watch team comprised of 21st Founding marines I cant see why not try it with IG.

An Inquisitor can hypothetically have all sorts of weirdos in their entourage, so randos from different regiments would be par for the course.
Back in the good old days, there was a variant list for "City Fighting Guard" essentially representing a mish-mash Guard army that had been torn up during a siege and formed together into random, ad-hoc units. So you could have a lone Tallarnian rough rider scouting for a heavy bolter team manned by a Krieger and a Catachan, who are being backed up by a couple mordians, for example. They'd also team up with local civillians and gangers, which would make a great Only War/Dark Heresy game.

Dat classic guard art.

People have always wanted this idea but it will never come especially since they forgot about other regiments and BL barely does short stories anymore.

Maybe it will come as the long fabled imperial guard survival shooter

They do this in the Sandy Mitchell books, Cain and his inbred driver are always attached to that Inquisitor, Cain literally.

and Mitchell doesnt want to do them anymore

Did they wear any armor under all their gear and below their pauldrons?

Not usually, the second generation metal models just have a smock with massive shoulder pads on. The first generation of metal models had a breastplate.

>Defective Kreig dude
Pyro
>Catachan dudes
Heavy and Sniper
>Some Imperial Dude who is a daemonhost for a bloodthirster who fights already won wars and is resistant to splash damage because Khornate heat resistance but is so insane the Daemon can't work it's voodoo properly
>Ex apprentice of Fabious Bile
Medic
Spy should be obvious-
>Ex Raptors Techpreist
Engineer
>Clearly a mutant and not a half-eldar or anything
Scout
>Salamander Scout who preferred explosives to flamers

TF240k or something

Fuck off.

Last Chancers

those are just criminals

>"they cant work together since they are from different regiments blah blah Warhammer 40k is not for tactical badasses go back to /k/"
Literally no one would say this. Drawing on the myriad of warrior cultures and training backgrounds to make up your retinue is one of the main reasons to play a Dark Heresy game over any of the other 40krpg lines.

Tempestus Scions are recruited from all over the Imperium and frequently work with Inquisitors, but their individual planet cultures are suppressed in favor of the Schola's culture/preferences.

Not really I think bur the Lastchancers are guard and come from other planets but aren't from specific regiments or really any guard before hand.

You mean like some sort of... suicide squad?

If Im not mistaken Redemption Corps is kind of like that in that they recruited a bunch of skilled and bad ass guardsmen and put them in the same storm trooper regiment though it wasnt because of an Inquisitor.

Great novel, check it out.

>they cant work together since they are from different regiments blah blah Warhammer 40k is not for tactical badasses go back to /k/
Are you forgetting that the Inquisition does the exact same thing en mass with Space Marines?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwatch

You know this is an interesting idea does the ordo xenos have storm troopers?

Instead of wasting marines why not just give some battle hardened guardsmen death watch shit

>fuck the fluff

I miss Nicholas of Kreig his art was basic as fuck but I liked them

You're not really a Guardsman anymore once you get snagged as an Inquisitor's hired gun.