media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkYF7N05E-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 11, 19, 13, 3, 18, 4 = 68 (6d20)

Rolling a new monk. Recommend me a Monastic tradition with these rolled stats!

>Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.
I have a Sprite that looks like a cute anime girl

Shit, with that DEX/WIS, you're looking pretty good, monk-wise. Dumb as a post, and about as charming, though.

I have an imp that serves the Celestials that acts as my conscious since my character is dumber than a sack of potatoes. Needless to say, he isn't thrilled at all.

>filename
kek

I have a permanent unseen servant, a Homunculus familiar, a Paladin mount, an awakened tree with my tree house on top, a Simulacrum of myself after I magic jarred inside a werewolf's body and a box full of ghosts that I call on for expertise in subjects of their past lives.

Rolled 2, 1, 15, 18, 3, 5 = 44 (6d20)

You can play the retarded asocial kid that the headmaster of the monastery picked up on the street.
A genious in martial arts but nothing good at anything else.

Rolling a Nature Cleric Hill Dwarf
8 13 16 10 16 12 with shall'allah for damage
Plan is bless the party and turn on the staff, then go for the whacking.
Is this solid? Any tips?

You are a malformed autist savant.
You are incredibly intelligent and you are healthy, taking into account your stunted, malformed physique and your horrible physical deformities.
You will probably cure some legendary illness, but they sure as hell won't keep your visage in the history books.

Rolled 7, 3, 20, 2, 8, 3 = 43 (6d20)

Keep it rolling

Rolled 4, 16, 19, 7, 12, 17 = 75 (6d20)

This is my final bard form.

Rolled 11, 20, 5, 7, 9, 4 = 56 (6d20)

easiest paladin i've ever played

See except minus the intelligence part. Nobody can quite figure out why you exist, but everyone is quite sure that you won't be going anywhere for a few decades.

Say I want to replace the Cleric's Turn Undead/Destroy Undead features. Any suggestions on what to reppace it with?

Not bad actually. You're quick, nimble, healthy have reasonable common sense and a lot of charisma. Basically what a Bard should be.

why

uh... why do you want to replace them?

it's kinda like saying "ok i want a wizard but without spells or magic, give me ideas"

Rolled 15, 18, 6, 1, 18, 14 = 72 (6d20)

Why you want to replace it? What do clerics in your world do? Give us something to work with.

OI
Rolling characters is to be done once the thread passes 300 posts.

>easiest paladin i've ever played

When you da told you you arent made out for wearing his old heavy armour or using his halberd he wasn't joking.
Your frail ass can't take it and you lack any wit or charisma necessary for a knight.

At least he got a local hunter to teach you archery... A bit too well.

Taking away a clerics signature, albeit shitty ability seems weird. I'd say a different channel divinity, but most of them are a lot better than turn/destroy undead

What's the perks of using an Eldritch Knight? They any fun?
How should build them if I start with point buy?

Fey warlock, pact of the chain. My familiar was a sprite, and slightly Tinker-Bell inspired - she was mute, or at least none of us could hear/understand her.
We fluffed her as a spy sent to watch over me by my patron, the Queen of Air and Darkness. This was not a secret and my character was fully aware of it. This did not stop us from becoming best friends forever.
A lot of the roleplaying was physical - the DM making shrugs and confused facial expressions, me teasing the sprite and acting out having my ear pulled on, etc.
Tavari, you were the best familiar I ever had.

If you want the equivilent of a fighter wizard multiclass but you donmt have to take a single level of wizard its alright I guess

Str > Con > Int > Other stuff
Mostly, you wanna be smacking shit with your weapon of choice, wearing heavy armor, and using Shield whenever someone manages to somehow hit you.
As long as you don't expect to be casting a lot of offensive spells, you'll have lots of fun.

Make an ability that's deity-dependent. Who's the deity?

How much should I play the monstruous bit of a tiefling?

It seems like none of the 5e stuff has been updated in awhile, with the exception of Tal'dorei campaign setting. Primarily I'm thinking about the CCC / Baldman Games stuff, season 5 and 6 epics, etc. Any ideas what's up?

EK is the best tank fighter because of Shield and Absorb Elements. Later you can also Haste yourself, use Stoneskin, stuff like that.
STR>CON
INT is unnecessary, you can have a perfectly viable EK with 8 INT.

Honestly, I think whoever was supplying them quit Adventurers League

You get to be a wizard multiclass but you can only use destruction and abjuration. If you were planning on that anyways it's perfectly okay.

Rolled 2, 3, 10, 13, 6, 2 = 36 (6d20)

Hexbladelock go go go

>that statline.
That's more of a 'take it out back and shoot it'.

Rather than actually being convinced by you, I feel as if your patron felt bad for you.

Rolled 10, 15, 10, 4, 1, 8 = 48 (6d20)

What kind of commoner will I be

You're village idiot/drunk.

The answer is dumb as a brick, but a decent shot.

Very little. They're not monstrous, they're conflicted and broody. And even that, only as far as you want it to be - don't play it up if it's not interesting to you/the party.
Races are guidelines, not humans with highly-specific funny hats.

People
Seriously
Refer to

This is all good to know, thanks!

Solid. Grab PAM for added buttkicking.

>paladin is about to gain his 4th level
>Strength, Constitution and Charisma scores are all 17
Which two should be raised to 18? He's a sword and board tankadin.

Sup bros, should I go v.human GOO warlock or half elf GOO warlock?

Strength and Cha. A +3 in Con is already quite solid for a paladin of any level, since he has a good AC and Lay on Hands. You can pretty much leave it at 17 forever if you want.

STR and CHA at 4, resilient CON at 8

I desire only the best Homebrew Archetypes. Show me what you got.

Why do I never see people playing tritons?

Is there anything outside the PHB Folk Hero and Soldier backgrounds that gives you land vehicle proficiency?

What cantrip do you even use with War Magic?

I've got the feeling that everything this class tries to do, there are much better alternatives. Even if you refluff it as a WoW shaman or something, druid'll be better.

And these subclass features, my god....

ENLARGE

There is no reason why Clerics should have Turn/Destroy Undead as a main class feature. The fluff description for clerics in the PHB describes them as conduits of power for the gods which they serve, it doesn't say anything about them being sworn enemies against the forces of undead. It doesn't make sense for clerics of gods that aren't under domains that are concerned with undead to have the ability to destroy them. The only reason why it's even a default feature for clerics is because of muh sacred cow.

yes. alright. and so ..?

>Make an ability that's deity-dependent. Who's the deity?
That would fall under the domain-specific channel divinity features. I use the Dawn War pantheon.

What kind of key buildings do you put in capital cities?
I've got a decent assortment of stuff but I feel like it should be more fleshed out.

I'd see as Clerics channel power from gods, who are the height of life, therefore undead, who are the inverse, fear the power regardless of the intent of it's source.

Is there a reasonable multi-class option for a Eldritch Knight after he's grabbed his War Magic at 7th level?

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkYF7N05E-

Green Flame Blade, probably.

Because most DM's won't touch underwater shit with a ten foot pole.

3.5 has a book dedicated to city building, might want to check that out.

For a necromancer cleric it would be incredibly useful to have the ability to turn/destroy undead.

Part of the cleric's role is to deal with that shit, it doesn't matter what god you follow or what ideals you follow, even for an evil god it's part of their role.

Wizard for rituals, Cleric for cantrips?

So you're going to sacrifice a cantrip slot to get GFB just for when there are 2 monsters within 5ft of each others, to deal your pitiful intelligence modifier in fire damage, and using a bonus action that could (?) be used elsewhere?

boy, eldritch knights are a joke

Probably should have just looked it up but thanks. I cheated and just copied a city I thought I could edit decently well on deviant art. Ut's a weird elven tree city so a lot of the more normal options are gone, but this helps a lot.

wizard is kinda obvious for rituals (without having spells prepared) and the bonus in spells known with only 1 level in the class.

but multiclass spellcasting is pretty terrible, you're better off going for something completely different i think.

or sticking with fighters 'cause lvl7 is only the beginning for the class...

I just don't like taking the extra attacks when the do nothing, I'll probably stick with it.

>Part of the cleric's role is to deal with that shit
According to what? Like I said, the fluff in the PHB doesn't actuallt say anything about destroying undead being one of the cleric's primary functions. I get that for something like a life or death domain cleric it makes sense to have that ability but IN MY OPINION it shouldn't be something that all clerics get.

Firstly, Clerics harness divine magic and often either do necrotic or radiant. These damage types tie into unholy and undead things quite a bit, whether they're better or worse against them.
They also gets spells such as 'protection from good and evil'.

Compare to wizard who has a lot more utility spells and when they do damage it's usually fire/cold/lightning/whatever.

Unless you want to make cleric a non-divine-caster and change their core spell list as well, I feel destroying undead suits, especially because their domain gives them an alternative to destroying undead. If you do want to change their core spell list and make them a non-divine caster, why not play a wizard?

You were an abortion attempt but just. wouldn't. die.

I hear you guys don't like Hoard of the Dragon Queen. I've only been in a bastardized version of it so I can't really make a judgement call yet, but what's your issues with it?

>Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.
in a past edition I had a pet Ape named after my black friend sitting next me playing a fighter
He did fucking work though and we all loved him for saving our asses. We joked that I was his animal companion and we were planning on putting him on our heraldry

My character has a pet tressym, I always use my first free action to tell him to "go the fuck away you're gonna get fucking killed fighting just about anything" because we're in tier 3

How would you homebrew a 3e style Shifter/Master of Many Forms Archetype for Druid?

They could turn into a huge selection of shit with Wildshape including Wyrmlings, Minotaurs, FUCKING SKELETONS and Mindflayers.

Kinda disappointed they haven't been seen since. I'd love to shift into something other than beasts.

>wanting druidzilla back

But...why?

Sounds retarded and over powered

I dunno, it was fun I guess?

Just like everything caster related in 3/3.5.

>I dunno, it was fun I guess?
Yeah, fun. For the druid. And not so fun for everyone else.

It went a step further by being strong in the most boring, uncreative, and time intensive way possible: transplanting to yourself the stats from some monster.

The only thing worse than that is summoning. This is a fact.

Do you guys like base-building in your dee en dee?

I have a hard on for it but I always get paranoid that the DM will smash and steal all my stuff
I blame my first DM for pulling those shenanigans

100% agreed. And that is also why wildshape should have been a list of "possible shapes" akin to what they did with barbarian totems/warlocks invocations/4elements monks

>"I use my guiding bolt on the ankheg!"
>*roll an 8*
>"your bolt disappears mid-flight, you fail terribly tee-hee"
welp, so much for a first session

Ask your DM if you can describe your own failures if you're so autistic about it.

I'd honestly just want a Druid that just had a list of alternate forms it could assume with Wildshape, outside of beasts.

I know it was powerful (Although I feel like people are unfairly counting dragon form/natural spell when that was just a Druid thing, not exclusive to Shifter at all), I just liked having a unique, varied selection of forms instead of just beasts.

I didn't want it back/a new version of it because it was overpowered, I just wanted a Shapeshifter that can turn into skellingtons.

what triggers me is when the DM tries telling me what my character FEELS about events
Magic influence aside obviously

Do you sperg out when your character gets frightened?

> tee-hee
MACARONI MACARONI

Not if it makes sense or magical in nature. But when he's telling me I'm angry or whatever from whatever events he's describing it irks the fuck out of me
let the players play their characters

>How do I make this worth a legendary status? Or is it already?

Staff (requires attunement by a druid)

This staff can be wielded as a magic quarterstaff that grants a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you have a +2 bonus to spell attack rolls, a +1 bonus to your spell save DC, and you are always considered to be under the effects of a barkskin spell.

It has 15 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d12 + 3 expended charges daily at dawn.

Spells. You can expend a number of charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: animal friendship (1 charge), beast bond (1 charge), locate animals or plants (2 charges), speak with animals (1 charge), speak with plants (3 charges), hallucinatory terrain (4 charges), bones of the earth (6 charges), or shillelagh (no charges).

In addition, if you attach a [gem] worth X.000 gp at the end of the staff, you can expend 9 charges to cast storm of vengeance. This consumes the [gem].

Tree Form. You can use an action to plant one end of the staff in fertile earth and expend 1 charge to transform the staff into a healthy tree. The tree is 60 feet tall and has a 5-foot-diameter trunk, and its branches at the top spread out in a 20-foot radius. While touching the tree and using another action to speak its command word, you return the staff to its normal form.

Tree Shape. You can use an action to merge with the staff and expend 4 charges to assume the form of a treant for up to 1 hour. As a treant, you don't have the "Animate Trees" option. This transformation otherwise functions as the polymorph spell, but you can use a bonus action to revert to your normal form. Once you use this property, you can't use it again until the next dawn.

i understand and this is a rational trigger to have.
respecting player agency is one of the hard things to learn as a DM though.
most of the time I think you can just talk to the guy about how you felt about it at the end of the session, to help him improve.

i really feel like a lot of players just don't give any feedback to their DMs.
i guess that's not the only field where ppl are terrible at communicating

>Pet panther named Thornhaunches
>Actually really effective in combat
>Also can ride it because I'm a halfling
>Campaign ended because DM graduated
>still miss Thornhaunches months later

I had a gecko as a gnome I would use to climb on walls. I miss her.

im pretty sure you're being hypothetical and not actually planning to play a game anytime soon but in case you are...

just talk to your DM. some beasts can be refluffed as monsters (looking at the statblocks; i don't see how turning into a grizzly can be that much better than turning into a skeleton). some monsters are probably 100% acceptable.
you give him a list of 5 monsters, he looks into them, and that's about it.
it's actually that simple.

One of my players went EKnight

He's level 9 now and hasn't used a spell in easily 5+ sessions, and has literally never used his level 7 war magic feature.

weapon bond has helped him out a couple times at least. All he does is shoot arrows with Sharpshooter, the most busted feat in the game. Doing anything else on his turn is in his mind a waste of damage

Sounds legendary to me

What spell level would you say the ability to put a poison on a weapon that increased the poison's duration by 1 hour and uses to 5?
I feel like the disparity in poison strength makes it really clunky to do this.

>could (?)
You're a fighter, you generally don't use bonus actions. Both BFG and BB are great for War Magic, at least up to 10th level. Consider a 7th-level EK sword and board with dueling, could be dealing 2d8+14 per turn with his action.

By using his bonus action as well as BB, he can deal 3d8+14, then step back (shielding if the enemy's AoO hits) and deal an extra 2d8 when the enemy closes in to attack.

And with GFB: 3d8+14 to primary target plus 1d8+(2~3) to adjacent. It's a nice trade-off.

Well he's not wrong though.
War Magic is pretty worthless.

And if there's other magic users in the group he's not actually doing anyone a favor trying anything fancy.

It's very sad, I think, but the subclass just isn't that good. Very difficult to make something out of it that doesn't feel like another class, but worse.

Especially when it has to compete with battlemaster...

I like it. Have DMed it. But it does have its flaws, which give more work to the DM who has to fix it in order to make a good experience for the players.

It suffers from the fact it was produced parallel with 5e, meaning that many of the rules and a bunch of the monsters were not finished. When those were changed later, it created a mess in HotDQ since some bits weren't updated.

Have you ever left a group after the first session? Why did you?

>Knowledge
The book of the dead.
>Life
Fucking obvious
>Light
Duh
>Nature
Undead are un-natural.
>Tempest
Wrath of god, divine curses, the mummy uses this domain and the mummy is a divine undead.
>Trickery
Undead are immune to poison. A rogue's cleric has to know how to deal with something immune to poison, and a rogue cleric would know the divine rituals for it even if it's not part of the trickery domain. Because they'd steal them.
>War
You fight and the winners live and the losers die. That's the way of war. But battlegrounds have a tendency to develop an undead problem, so clerics of the battles see to that problem.
>Bonus domain: Death
Yep.

Because it's a sacred cow, you have to think of why a Cleric shouldn't have the ability if you want to remove it, but the way I see it, any cleric could have the ability. So it stays for now.

Any replacement would have to be pretty situational anyway.

>alternate weekly with the same group of players
>I DM one week, another friend the next, back and forth
>did an impromptu, off-schedule session this week because i'm leaving for vacation when we usually play
>DMing this week
>some people couldnt make it
>start to get worried the session might fall apart in-game
>ends up being one of the most enjoyable to DM and the players keep telling me it was their favorite so far
>have to wait near a month to continue it

vacation is fun but i got an itch that needs some serious scratching