Mutants and Masterminds

Currently running a MnM 3e game which an over the top fantasy party is involved with an inter-dimensional invader, and they're finally having to fight against the mastermind creature. So far I have some ideas to keep the fight tough:

>Reaction damage coupled with a Create Bubble Shield power
>Summon Projections that with not be vulnerable to the bruiser that seems to be one punch manning my monsters
>Multiple limb portal grapple attacks
>Creature is attempting to revive another creature as a part of a ritual, very dangerous if they don't take it out

Anything else I should keep in mind? This is a party of 6 since they managed to resuce two of their NPC allies and one of them a very powerful character that they teamed up with (but might turn on them knowing some circumstances coming up).

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/026war1l4oo42/Mutants_and_Masterminds
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
freeronin.com/2e_files/MM2eFAQ.pdf
atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37265
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depending on where this final showdown is happening, try to use your minions as distractions rather than opponents. If there are any civilians nearby have them target that, forcing a hero to break off from the main group to rescue them.

Being able to personalize challenges for each party member goes a long way. Offer something only the powerhouse can solve, create a problem only the speedster can solve, have an issue only the psychic can solve. You don't have to do this every time, but being able to offer challenges such that each character shines in their own way really helps.

mediafire.com/folder/026war1l4oo42/Mutants_and_Masterminds

I know there are a dozen houserules on this, but has there ever been an official ruling on how to rule construct characters against Affects Objects Weaken or other stuff? Failing by the highest degree without a save seems pretty fucking rough for a PC even if they're getting a 10 point discount.

Does pursuing the monster which may be revived by the baddie heading towards "completing itself" count for a "break off" objective?

One of my favorite houserules for keeping fights not only tough, but also from ending too quickly is to institute a hard limit on how severely they have to be hurt before going unconscious or dying. Like, they need at least a few stacks of bruised or injured before they can be staggered or whatever the lethal equivalent of staggered is.

I'm making a character based on TFP soundwave

He's going to be blind, with Accurate Hearing and a further 10 ranks of hearing enhancements built into his faceplate. He also has a pet parrot (or crow, perhaps) with which he is mentally linked, and through which he can see.

He has a variety of sonic based attacks and afflictions.

First, what power would I use to represent an ability to perfectly replicate any sound he's heard before? Perhaps even, once he's heard a person speak a few sentences, the ability to perfectly mimic a person's voice?

Second, what do I do if I want to do a Doctor Octopus setup, where he has extra limbs, and those limbs have enhanced strength, but he does not?

I'm looking for a technomancer who can remote hack computers for information. What would I need to make it work? I'm picking up Communication with machines, and a move object Manipulate Technology, but Communication RAW requires permission from what you're communicating with. Is there an Affliction or something I can do to remote hack?

First power is simply a single point feature i believe. Second, enhanced strength with the flaw "limited to extra limbs."

I would call replicating any sound a Feature, to be honest.

Doc Ock, I'd say Additional Limbs, plus Enhanced Strength (Limited to Extra Limbs).

>strength limited to extra limbs

I'd use a flat -1 or -2 instead of something per rank for the flaw, since otherwise you can basically paying one or two points to buy all your strength at half price.

It only takes one extra limb to hit people and grapple, and you could justify holding up some pretty heavy stuff without many more. Picture Doc Ock bracing himself with two arms and holding up a building or tossing a car with the others. Since there aren't many things he can't use his strength for, there's no reason he should save points compared to a similarly strong dude with the normal number of limbs.

I read through the gadget guides, and the closest thing I have seen to anything concerning player character and absent stamina on object is replacing fatigued, exhausted with stress (Impaired, disabled, etc.)

Also apparently Damage 1 Affects Object Alternate Resistance: Fortitude is enough to instantly take out an object of any size thanks to the autofail at the highest degree thing unless I'm reading something wrong.

Fuck it, from now on I'm just going to replace any Fortitude check for a construct against Affects Objects with Toughness. I love this system but it is rulings like this that kill me.

I think there's a case for just removing Affects Objects in favor of alternate effects that hit toughness instead of fort.

All objects do not have Fortitude, correct - but a character who does not have Fortitude should not be affected by Fortittude effects.

An Alternate Resistance: Fortitude should not affect the target at all if they don't have a Fortitude save.

I agree with this user. Fortitude refers to organic systems like hormones, muscles, and respiration.

Yeah, honestly now that I think about it that makes a lot more sense. Considering most Weaken effects are linked to Damage anyway, it makes better sense that the Weaken would also be able to be resisted with Toughness.

Adding a Weaken or Affliction that Affect Objects really should not equate to instant destruction for players or enemies that are unliving.

I also think it's ridiculous how being a Construct essentially locks you out of Extra Effort rules as written, a major mechanic of the game, while not even addressing it but still allowing it through mecha, vehicles or devices in a later supplement.

Honestly, the construct rules are a nasty holdover from 3.5 and don't serve much purpose. If you want to be immune to something construct makes you immune to, just buy it seperately. A machine might be immune to most diseases but Nanomachines would likely hit Fort and could affect them for example.

Consider that Doc Ock's Tentacles are technically removeable and it's another discount right there.

The weird thing is that it's not even like Doc Ock is an obscure character or anything.

Is there any DC character with anything similar in the book?

What level of immunity would you put 'Being immune to a specific sort of magic' at in a standard superhero setting? It's not the majority of magic but it is decently big.

In this case 'Black Magic'. So demonology, cthulhu cultists etc. Not immunity to fireballs and magic missiles and definitely not to holy beams of light. The idea is that, as Baba Yaga's apprentice, the forces of darkness are not willing to risk pissing baba yaga off by hurting her. So a cultist could call hellfire down on her but his master would veto it hurting her. If he later stabs her, that's ok. They were not personally involved.

Depends on how often you're going to encounter it. If dealing with black magic users is a big part of the game it's a lot higher than if most of your villains just throw fireballs.

Highly depends on the campaign, I would still put it around either 5 or 10 depending how big a part the villains using said dark magic would be. I would say 5 points for the most part as that's what it says i the power profiles for darkness effects.

Yeah, that's part of the issue. I'm not really sure yet as the GM hasn't really worked out the plot.

She does have a magic-based enemy but they are not black magic based (Men with Mirrorshades and Wands hunting her). Felt really cheap to make her have type advantage on her nemesis so I avoided that.

I need to budget this guy down to 150 points, and I haven't even gotten to his advantages and such yet. What can I weaken or ditch entirely?
=Not Soundwave=
===PL10===
===Abilities===
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 10, Intellect 7, Awareness 4, Presence 2

===Powers===
"**Compensated Senses:**
Sonar Sense: Senses 2 [Accurate Hearing]
(2 points)
**Resonance Blaster:**
Easily Removable (-8 points)
Sonic Blast: Damage 10 [Sonic; Ranged]
Alt: Deafening Blast: Affliction 10 [Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Hearing Impaired, Hearing Disabled, Hearing Unaware; Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense]
Alt: Resonate: Weaken 10 [Toughness; Ranged; Affects only Objects]
(14 points)
**Faceplate:**
Removable (-11 points)
Bird's Eye: Remote Sensing 8 [Visual and Auditory; Medium (Razorclaw)], Protected Hearing: Immunity 5 [Harmful Hearing-Dependent effects; Limited to Half Effect], Perfect Hearing: Senses 10 [Extended, Accurate (Stacks with Sonar Sense), Analytical 2, Ultra-Hearing, Penetrates Concealment], Linked Mind: Senses 1 [Communication Link (Soniclaw)], Shielded Mind: Immunity 10 [Mental Effects; Limited to Half Effect], Ghost on the System: Concealment 10 [Limited to Machines]
(44 points)
**Soniclaw:**
Soniclaw: Summon 5 [Heroic; Self-Powered]
(15 points)"

===Equipment===

===Advantages===

===Skills===
Athletics (+3), Deception (+2), Insight (+4), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+4), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+5)

===Offense===
Initiative +5

===Defense===
Dodge 5, Parry 10
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 3, Will 4

===Power Points===
===Abilities 78 + Powers 75 + Advantages 0 + Skills 0 + Defenses 0 = Total 153===

On another note even the book recommends to forget even using Construct rules for unliving characters (despite me seeing countless examples of prebuilt characters they've used with the templates having no stamina otherwise). I'm still probably going to just use toughness to replace fort in those situations.

I see quite a few things wrong with this:
>You have a 10 in fighting when you have absolutely no use for close range attack skills
>You have a 7 in Intelligence when you have absolutely no skills put in that use it (technology, treatment, expertise, or even speed of though advantage).
>Even Dex you get very little use because you have maybe one ranged attack or two and no points into sleight of hand, vehicles or even Grabbing Finesse if yo uwant any benefit from Dexterity in full.
>Your Defenses are really, REALLY bad for your power level (even parry 10 and toughness 3 is a power level 7 at most. fort and will are power level 4)
>If your character is a machine then they would probably have Immunity Fortitude (stamina 0 or absent stamina is up to you).

I want to run an x-men style game and possibly have randomly generated powers. Is there a way to make this work?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

I didn't get to put any points into skills. I can't afford them. I WANTED to put points into technology, but I'm already 3 points over budget. I want to ditch or weaken powers precisely so that I CAN afford to get those things.

But I guess I really don't need anything in FGT. I had planned to pull from Batman's template to make him a capable hand-to-hand bling fighter, but if I'm putting all these points into sound attacks and a companion, it might just straight up be too much for my power level.

Quick question - how much recovery would I have with Regeneration 15?

Just testing something. Apparently the excel sheet I use outputs cells as images.

So the attachment is Professor Primate.

And this is his Power Stunt Summon

=My Cousin Donnie=
===PL12===
===Abilities===
Strength 18, Stamina 16, Agility 3, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence -1

===Powers===
"**Ape:**
Prehensile Feet: Feature 1 [Can use feet like hands], Mobility: Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Wall Crawling], Senses 2 [Low-Light, Acute Smell]
(7 points)
**Great Ape:**
Wild Mind: Immunity 11 [Sleep, Mental Effects], Protection 12, Healing Factor: Regeneration 10 [Remove a –1 Toughness penalty every round.], Speed 4 [120 MPH],
(37 points)
**Ultra Ape:**

(0 points)
**Master Ape:**
Growth 16 [Permanent; Innate], Harambe's Revenge: Impervious Toughness 28, Power Lifting: Power-Lifting 4 [Lift with STR 22 (100 ktons)]
(65 points)"

===Equipment===

===Advantages===
All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 [Unarmed 2], Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Fearless

===Skills===
Athletics 4 (+22), Close Combat: Unarmed (+3), Deception (+-1), Insight (+1), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (+-1), Stealth (+3)

===Offense===
Initiative +3
Unarmed +3, Damage 18, Threatens Crit 18-20

===Defense===
Dodge -4, Parry -4
Toughness 28 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 18, Will 2

===Power Points===
===Abilities 14 + Powers 109 + Advantages 18 + Skills 5 + Defenses 5 = Total 151===

1 point of toughness every four seconds. So you'd regain 1.5 points of Toughness every round. So really, 2 points one round, 1 point the next, then 2, then 1, then 2, then 1.

It's a bit overkill. Lobo has Regeneration 5 (1 point every other round). Most characters with Regen 10 are people like Chemo or demons, or beings that need a source. If you're a PC, you really won't be taking that much damage, unless your GM is trying to force you into a loss.

One -1 then condition per round, then two -1 then condition every two rounds.
Didn't seem to work

Yep. Turns out his suite of powers is absurd, so I'll split it into two

=Professor Primate=
===PL12===
===Abilities===
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 7, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 9, Awareness 4, Presence 2

===Powers===
"**The Monkey's Staff:**
Easily Removeable (-48 points)
Simian Staff: Damage 3 [Strength-Based; Reach; Activation (Ooo- Wah-Ah-Ah-Ah)], Gorilla Warfare: Summon 8 [120 Point Gorillas; Horde, Multiple Minions 2 (4 Minions); Indifferent Attitude; Mental Link]
Alt: Monkey Business: Summon 4 [60 Point Monkeys; Active, Horde, Multiple Minions 4 (16 Minions); Indifferent Attitude; Mental Link]
Alt: Primal Communication: Communication 2 [1 Mile, Linked to Comprehend; Limited (Non-Hominid Primates)], Shared DNA, Shared Language: Comprehend 2 [Limited (Non-Hominid Primates)]
(6 points)
**The Monkey's Fist:**
Agile Athletics: Enhanced Advantages 1 [Benefit 1], Tai Shing Pek Kwar: Enhanced Advantages 13 [Agile Feint, Close Attack, Chokehold, Daze, Defensive Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Redirect, Taunt], Monkey Attitude: Enhanced Advantages 6 [Animal Empathy, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Set-up, Teamwork]
(20 points)
**The Monkey:**
Prehensile Feet: Feature 1 [Can use feet like hands], Prehensile Tail: Extra Limbs 1 [Tail], Ape Senses: Senses 2 [Low-Light Vision, Acute Smell], Primal Strength: Enhanced Strength 2, Primal Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 3, Primal Agility: Enhanced Agility 5, Primal Presence: Enhanced Presence 1, Mobility: Movement 5 [Sure-Footed 2, Safe Fall, Swinging, Wall Crawling], Monkey Leaping: Leaping 4 [120 Feet], Monkey Howl: Affliction 12 [Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude (Hearing Impaired, Hearing Disabled, Hearing Unaware); Cumulative; Grab-Based, Limited to One Sense]
(46 points)"

===Advantages===
Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Skill Mastery [Technology], //Daze 1 [Deception]//, //Redirect//, //Taunt//, //Agile Feint//, //Instant Up//, //Move-by Action//, //Chokehold//, //Improved Grab//, //Improved Hold//, //Evasion 1//, //Hide in Plain Sight//, //Improved Initiative 1//, //Animal Empathy//, //Set-Up 1//, //Teamwork//, //Benefit 1 [Athletics based on Agility]//, //Improved Trip//, //Improved Disarm//, //Defensive Attack//, //Close Attack 1//

===Skills===
Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 7 (+14), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+11), Close Combat: Monkey Staff 4 (+9), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Science 10 (+19), Insight (+4), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+13), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+11), Technology 10 (+19)

===Offense===
Initiative +11
"Unarmed Strike +11, Damage 4
Monkey Staff +9, Damage 7, Reach"

===Defense===
Dodge 13, Parry 8
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 9, Will 10

===Power Points===
===Abilities 50 + Powers 72 + Advantages 5 + Skills 33 + Defenses 21 = Total 181===

===Complications===
"Motivation-Planet of the Apes: Professor Primate fully believes that all primates are entitled to the same rights that humans have. He regularly advocates for the rights of simians, and passionately disagrees with the idea that any simian, monkey, ape, or human, is lesser due to relative lack of intelligence.
Gone Native: Already a bit of a recluse, Professor Primate greatly prefers being king amongst apes to being a mundane amongst humans. As such, he may go days or even weeks in his primate form amongst his ""brothers"". Only the fact that losing physical contact with his staff for even a second reverts him to human form has stopped him from getting into serious danger. As he ages, this problem will likely be exacerbated."

===Design Notes===
Use Power Points to boost Sleight of Hand and Stealth to 4, then bring Fort to 7 ASAP.

I think you're just spending way too many points on Abilities that don't give you all that much. I would just buy the skills you want separately if you aren't planning on using a lot of different skills bundled under the same Ability.

Hello? Veeky Forums? I need powers! Relatively creative powers for a PL5 campaign! Tomorrow morning, my office, or you're fired!

Drop Fighting to 0; buy up your Parry by itself along with 10 points in the Melee Combat (Unarmed) skill. This will save you 5 points for the same benefit. Put the points you save into skills that art important for the character like Technology and Perception. Similarly, dump your Dexterity and buy 10 points of the Ranged Attack (Sonic Blaster) skill to save another 5 points, while getting your ranged attack bonus up to the PL limits. Similarly, if you spent 3 points on the Stealth skill and 5 points on increased Dodge, you would save 2 points and have a slightly better Stealth skill, or you could reinvest those points into Dodge to get a Dodge of 7.

Put a point into the Equipment advantage. Buy some body armor to increase your Toughness. Spend another couple of points on the Defensive Roll Advantage to buy your Toughness up the rest of the way to the PL limits.

Take all of this advice, and your character would come in at 150 points, have the ability to actually use the Technology skill, and have PL-relevant attack and defense bonuses, though I'd recommend sinking the remainder of your points into increasing the rest of your defenses to PL limits once you start earning some points as the campaign progresses.

Segway: Speed 3 (3 Equipment Points)

Acid Sneeze
Loud Voice
Banana Shoes
Superstring
Spraypaint can hands
Clown Shapeshifting

Want to DM M&M3. How do you Anons fix it?

1. Subtle 2 elongation projection extra limbs.

2. X-ray vision or remote viewing.

Tie someone's shoe laces together.
Give an enemy an invisible wedgie hundreds of feets away.
Randomly turn lights on and off to spook people.
Type "I'm gay" on a villains Facebook page with their own account when they're gone for a bathroom break.

The possibility to fuck with people is endless.

You also would be good at grappling.

Just imagine cartoonish invisible arms noodling all over the place to make someone have a very bad day.

Is there a better character gen then hero forge? Gming m&m for the first time and need to make a couple of npcs.

Meant Hero Lab.

Okay, anons. In the Atlas of Earth Prime, Sweden is having a bit of a drug problem as a result of alien drug smugglers, and an undercover spy within the drug smugglers that modified it to be a mind-control drug.

Fortunately, Captain Sweden is here to save the day through the power of Progressivism! What happens, anons, and how do your characters react?

They inform the citizenry of possible undesirable effects and then legalize it.

I could have sworn there was some kind of random character builder by archetype for Mutants and Masterminds, but for the life of me I don't know where it is.

There's also Power Profiles. Pick random powersets, then give that Power Profile book to whoever's building the character.

>Subtle 2 elongation projection extra limbs.
I did this, but with Indirect 2 instead of Subtle 2. Fluffed it as my character projecting their limbs through unknown dimensions, so just hands or their head coming out of fucking nowhere.

Can you add homing to your elongated unarmed attack?

Isn't indirect ranged only though?

Just realized homing is ranged too, so it won't work.

I think that's in the GM/Player Handbook, or the book could be actually called "Character Creation". Roll a d20 for archetype, then rolls upon rolls to determine ability scores/skills /etc?

And the Power Profiles are damn good.

Oh, really? That must have been a change in 3rd Edition. I've got my book open in front of me and there's no limitation there. Maybe things like that are why they needed to clarify?

It's the Gamemaster's Kit that has the character generator in it.

This guy posted the Mediafire link, it's in the 3rd Edition folder. GRR 5502 is the one you want.

What's your favourite hero archetype/theme/powerset/etc to play?

I'm horrendously indecisive and can never settle on a character.

and I especially can't bear to play 'Balanced' characters with equal or even similar toughness/dodge/parry/damage/accuracy/etc, I've got to max it out one way or another

left or right?
make your choice, Veeky Forums

I remember reading about someone piecing together alternate lore for a Starfire-esque character. I wonder if I still have it.

Why do you torment us so user?

But I would rather deal with my wife having a sister that's an evil empress, rather than having Satan as my in-law.

Left left left left

Slutfire or innocent alien hippy Starfire?

Blackfire

Innocent alien hippy of course.

Yeah, found it. There was this giant writeup the original user did, but here's the tl;dr version of what they made.
>Tamarans are artificially created race who subsist and thrive on emotions and good genetics
>Tamarans rebelled against their creators and escaped to colonize their own planet
>Met the hermetic Warlords of Okaara on the local moon who taught them a whole lot of shit, including how to weaponize their emotions
>Thrive as mercenaries and hunters of their mortal enemies
>"Starfire" is princess of the people
>"Blackfire", Starfire's sister, is emotionally stunted and therefore tantamount to a cripple
>Out of jealousy, Blackfire betrays Starfire and sells her out to said mortal enemies
>They experiment on Starfire and make her vastly more powerful
>Starfire wakes up, commandeers the ship, escapes, and crashlands on Earth
>Starfire decides she is now in exile and is out to make the best of it

How do you handle mind control and its ilk? How often does it come up, whether as a plot point or as a regular power?

I allocate two points to be more immune.

Innocent starfire.
It's no fun corrupting a slut.

My favorite character was a super strong elastic guy who fought like a professional wrestleman. I gave him piercing on unarmed attacks by flattening his hand for a razor edge flair chop and gave him immunity to his own slam damage and fall damage so he was constantly building momentum by jumping off things and elbow dropping bad guys.

Starfire all the way
Anyone who picks Raven is either a contrarian, gay or still mentally a teenager

Hey that's not fair.
They could have a fetish for short girls, goths, flat chest, lighter skin, xenophobic, or just have plain shit taste.

>flat

Raven had bigger tits than Starfire in the cartoon.

Wasn't Raven the more shapely of the two overall?

I assumed we were comparing the new animated film from the pic.

I'm the same way. I find a particular avenue of utility and stick with it. For a game like Mutants and Master minds, I feel it's almost expected.

I like monster-like characters the most, but I typically have to play support because my teammates are maniacs.

Innocent girls are not for corrupting, they're for theirsmileprotecting and cuddling

Am I That Guy for taking attractive 2 on my superhero?

I just want to feel like a pretty princess vicariously.

>While superheroes tend to be a fairly good-looking lot, this advantage is generally reserved for characters with particularly impressive looks.
On paper, not really. Mechanically, it's just a circumstance bonus for Deception or Persuasion checks. That said, taking the Attractive advantage means you are making it an explicit point that your character is notably handsome/beautiful by superhero standards, which is already a fairly high standard if you think about it. Attractive 1 means you're at least a 7 or 8 by superhero standards, while Attractive 2 means you're at least a 9 or 9.5. Compared to regular people, you can add a 2 to that scale or so.

Of course, this assumes the person you're talking to finds you attractive in the first place.

Dick Grayson has Attractive 2, for example, because every girl he meets wants to fuck him. Starfire has Attractive 2, and she can stop a room cold or land a top-level supermodel gig just by walking through the door.

>manlet
>Attractive 2

Player Characters without a Fortidude score are supposed to have Immunity (Fortitude Effects). It is a bit silly you can destroy any object, but it doesn't effect PCs.

Which comic characters would get attractive 2 if you were to stay them?

*stat
Nico Minoru would get 1 rank at least.

He's a lucky guy. Can you imagine how much play he'd get if he was tall? He'd be covered in super-bitches 24/7, and then how could he get any heroing done?

It specifically says in the construct section that they take on effects the same way objects do. On that note:

freeronin.com/2e_files/MM2eFAQ.pdf

Apparently 2e allows the toughness in place of fortitude rule for constructs against similar affects objects effects as well as allows them to use extra effort.

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THIS CARRY OVER IN 3E?! WHY IS THERE STILL NO RULING ON THIS AFTER SEVERAL SUPPLEMENTS ON CONSTRUCT CHARACTERS?! WHY DO THEY KEEP USING THE CONSTRUCT TEMPLATE FOR THEIR PREBUILT HERO CHARACTERS KNOWING THIS?!

I honestly don't know of any other things than the excel sheet. Hero Lab works pretty well enough for me.

I use the spreadsheet here: atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37265 combined with the wiki. Assuming M&M 3E.

The whole fucking point of being a robot hero is to get blown up constantly to show how tough the bad guy is and then get repaired later. Do you even comics?

Couldn't you have a "construct" character that retains their Fortitude defense, then just give them Immunity (Fortitude Effects) with a Limited flaw that applies it only to biological descriptors / things that would only effect an organic creature?

Getting your hero turned into a jobber because of bad oversight with a game mechanic? That doesn't sound fun.

If I wanted to just instantkill a hero, I would just pick the one with a will of 3 and use a Progressive Rank 16 Death Curse. Even then the hero has some chance to resist the maximum degree until they die. Even a fucking Device lets the guy wielding it to pull it out of the way and resist using Dodge. Even Mecha/Vehicles are allowed to use extra effort in their own way with Gadget Guides.

Anyone have tips to get the most bang for your buck with your points outside of arrays?

Unreliable 5 use Flaws because the moments you actually do run out are not that often and you can just recharge with a hero point

That seems nifty. How can you "recharge" with a hero point?

It just says you may recharge your uses with a hero point.

Ah, the Variant that says "You can use it 5 times and then must recover". It's up to the GM if you can spend the point.

New character concept: Nigerian who immigrated to the USA, because his dad got an offer at one of the S.T.A.R. labs.

Got powers in an accident when a villain attacks the lab. Character pushes father out of the way of a beam, gets hit and falls into malfunctioning experimental quantum physics apparatus.

Two questions, what lower level D.C. villain might attack a S.T.A.R. lab?

How old would he have to immigrate to not lose the accent?

where is her right nipple?

To not lose the accent he'd probably be 7-10 or so, maybe early teens.

As for villains attacking STAR labs, pretty much anybody who has any tech preference would do it. Pretty much any villain above street-level that doesn't do magic or cosmic level stuff would probably go for STAR labs if they get word of some experiment/project that the company is doing. Especially since STAR Labs is so closely affiliated with the Justice League in so many continuities.

I pick right, but I don't really like that picture of her.

I see.

Now I need to figure out what teenage hero would be heroing independentally on the streets like Spuder-Man when they could most likely work under established heroes.

I'm about to run a light-hearted PL1 game where the PCs are the henchmen of a Not-Mysterio villain who is seen as a joke by his peers.
How should I go about it so that I can avoid going into DMPC territory?