One of these threads?

One of these threads?

Shit was cash

The story of one helper NPC, and his atrocious luck.

Sadly the campaign ended before I got to sit down and force the party to endure 5 or so hours of urban planing.

Sorta along those lines but for the whole party

Chimera driver with the "psycho" demeanor, it was a lot of fun to play

Ah, so your dwarven cleric was a futurist for urban planning?

Did he want the party wizard to help build neat shit like self-driving cars that break off into individualized compartments?

Why do campaigns only ever get off the ground when I'm the one DMing? It's not that the others aren't interested in running, because they are, but, somehow, things always fall through.

Because campaigns are more effort than people with no experience think.

Explain

He did come from a family of miners and craftsmen. He was absolutely delighted when we found a bunch of advanced clockwork technology inside the pocket dimension where our last adventure occurred. After the campaign he went on to renovate that ghost town into the capital of the region in just 40 years and spread an industrial revolution across the known world.

A religious nutjob that was intelligent and kept decent, polite conversation, but at the end of the day they wanted nothing more than to wipe you off the face of the earth if you didn't agree with her views. The DM just thought I wanted an excuse to be a bigot in character to be fair he wasn't not wrong.

The group was not one for polite and decent conversation, so I ended up having to make her more "convert now ask questions later".

A guy who has no right being in charge has proven to be the most capable leader at the party's disposal.

goblins master race

I will fucking burn you little shits in your beds!

Double slav power!?!?

how did the DM only see one slav? what was the other one doing?

still salty over that -2 str?

TWO SLAVS?

joke's on you he's a 4e kobold.

When two slavs croutch, is twice as stealthy

It's actually 4X, since slavness works on an exponential scale

We have to stop them before it's too late.

The party wanted to start a revolution and kill the goddess in charge of the corrupt drow society. They succeeded long enough for my character to fill the role.

Pathfinder. Talked a somewhat confused GM into letting me play a Dreamscarred Press Psion Telekineticist with prestige levels in D&D 3.0 Soul Blade prestige class. The result was a gish character somewhat more powerful than even I had anticipated building it.

Not 3.5 Fighter/Wizard/Abjurant Champion/Eldritch Knight stronk exactly, but better than straight PF Magus, if I do say so myself. I accidentally some Tier 2 shit, and it wound up being pretty fun.

So you made an edgy wizard
Your DM saw an edgy wizard with tits
You play an lmao so randumb piece of shit

I didn't think a single image could make me hate another individual but here we are.

>dude with a shield
>doomed dude
>dude with a sword

K

is that a challenge?

>expected shitty memes
>got shitty memes
cool dude

First one doesn't make sense - I would think a tiefling warlock you thought would be edgy but turned out to be nice and friendly and heroic, but why is Kira there? 'Just wants to live a normal life?'

I guess 2 is... Elf ranger that was a tryhard weaboo with a magic arrow?

I can't understand 3 at all. Fashionable healer that uh... IDK. Hates people?

4 seems pretty cool Deus Vult we will take jerusalem IDK what the no morals scientist is doing there though

Shitty wizard who turns out to actually be clever and also the only one with common sense who runs away from danger, also a decent character.

I dunno this still doesn't make me as angry as the first one. Ditch/fix 2 and 3 and you have a decent party

I think he made a tacticool Nemoidian gunslinger who was a chad in a cowboy hat

3 and 5 are getting swapped out *eventually*, because they're pretty much literally Josuke and Rincewind.
Kira's mostly there for the first one because she's really, REALLY good at blowing shit up. Also generally wants to be left alone.
The second one is kinda boring development-wise at the moment, but he's getting there. Just need to get his player more involved.
I could do one up for the more important NPCs if you lads want to violently judge my ability to build a setting as conveyed through meme images

>if you lads want to violently judge my ability to build a setting as conveyed through meme images

This sounds like a worldbuilding exercise

Please explain

This is /u/ here. I approve. However, I must ask: how much hand-holding was there?

Since when does "soldier" equal "gopnik"?

Were you a conscripted gopnik?

The only ones I recognize are Benedict Arnold and Starscream.

Ryoko + Lina Inverse
We're the rest of the party as powerful as you?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love this

More of these "what my players made" things please.

two apparently

the first one seems fun to play with

tiers:

1 > 3 > 5 > 2 = 4

As the DM, I personally rank them more like
1 > 4 ≈ 2 > 3 = 5
they're all pretty fun tho

Only at the end of the adventure. After a series of "lolrandom" and annoying as fuck events (because our DM had the sense of humor of a fucking 14 years old) my character said "fuck it all" and kissed the insistent Orc and accepted to go on a date with her. The kiss also happened IRL because the Orc player is my gf.

>Orc's face after banging both me and and another NPC

>What I made

A ghost girl trying to find a magical way back to life in a modern fantasy setting [not IRL, just a fantasy setting with modern tech]. Summons ethereal sports equipment to fight with.

>What the DM saw

Yu Yu Hakashu who phases through walls to skip to the end of every single building or location we come across.

>What I played

Jack trying to get back to the past, only the past is coming back to life and the DM keeping it always just out of reach. Also beating up demons with basketballs.

As per usual with these threads, and with filename threads, and every other time Veeky Forums tries to show how 'fun' and 'creative' they are-

90% of these are shit, and their creators the kind of tone deaf autists who will ask "well whats wrong with it?" with a straight face

Deliberately un-optimized Cleric: in a dead heat with me right up until he inevitably surpassed me.
Alchemist (Vivisectionist): in a dead heat with me right up until I inevitable surpassed him, a couple levels after Cleric left us both in the dust. Still bros for life.
Optimized Fighter: He was there. He was present for everything, and a participant in quite a lot.

>Man I sure do hate fun
>I better enter this thread I don't like to complain about fun I don't like
>This will make me angry but I'll do it anyway because I'm a moron

>badwrongfun

Also, the Orc's chart.

Made an Etherite for a cWoD game. Intended to play a qt14 inventor but events in the campaign happened that kept her from building Foci or removing Paradox so she ended up going full /k/ for almost the entire game.

>Playing as a Son of Ether without equipment

Unfortunate. I wouldn't even bother leaving home without a ray gun.

Could you post that Bathory pic?

Idiocy is not fun

You are ruining fun by lowering the bar.

oh okay i didn't know

It was a "Well that's a nice lab, wouldn't it be a shame if a cabal of Nephandi blew it up and started hunting you." situation.

We're so sorry, fun police. Please guide us to the true fun.

Yeah, fun Fuhrer! Show us how to REALLY enjoy tabletop games.

I would have worked with the ST to find a way to jury-rig something, especially if I spent background points on that lab.

Mad science is best science.

When herrr Funrer says "This is the way we game" we roll, roll, so he won't think we're lame, not to play like Funrer is a great disgrace so we roll, roll, so he won't think we're lame!

Nice.

The artist's name is literally right on top of it.

I'd consider it fairly successful even if they got their handler killed.

>90% of these are shit,
This. I'm really surprised I didn't even smile at a single one of these, most of the time I get at least one chuckle when I see shit threads like these at /v/. But here everything is awful, why?

Because they're not to your tastes, and that's okay.

Jesus if that's the mentality here no wonder Veeky Forums's widely regarded as the most cucked board in existence

You'd seriously rather a board where everyone has to think the same thing and differing tastes in character design aren't allowed? C'mon, man.

I'd rather be a cuck than a cunt.

Aaaand here we go. Three of the more important NPCs in my current campaign, suitably overexaggerated and flanderised in an attempt to get laughs and upset people on the internet.

Made
>Paladin of [Homebrew Totally-Not-Pelor]

DM Saw
>Lawful Stupid Templar-esque No-Fun-Allowed type just waiting to fall.

Played
>Boisterous tank who tried to befriend enemies after beating the shit out of them and collected the weapons of those he bested in combat

Made a female, slightly crazy, borderline heretical tech-priest for a Rogue Trader game, fluffed as a Biologis, starting with a high medicae skill, a medical assisstant servo-skull and a medicae mechadendrite.

GM assumed I was building her as a healslut.

Instead me and the player who was the Rogue Trader collaborated to start taking prisoners and the recently deceased and making them into really horrifying combat servitors.

Joke's on you guys, I wasn't the original poster and i'm actually enjoying the thread.

IT WAS A RUSE, GOD DAMNIT
glad you're enjoying the thread though, got any storytime for us?