MTG theme deck

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm trying to make an Edh theme deck around Joan of Arc, and have come across a few problems.

First of all, who should the commander be? my immediate thought was Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, mostly because of the art. however, i dont know if she really fits thematically. and besides, Im probably going to get an alter so whatever commander i have is going to be painted on anyways.

Im also not sure what cards to include. I Immediately jumped towards some of the ones that work nicely in effect and name, like wrath of god, holy mantle, godsend. But just finding cards with names based in faith & stuff isnt enough to really make a cohesive deck.

so, what do you guys think? any suggestions?

TL;DR: MTG Joan of Arc EDH theme deck. need ideas.

Update: Found this card, feel like its a shoe in despite the high cost. maybe a voltron theme will work?

Go for thalia, heretic cathar if you had to pick between them white weenie voltron could work just fill it with knights, soldiers and horses

Adriana, captain of the guard would work if you want R/W for some firey goodness

Adrianna seems like a great choice. I did briefly Think about using heretic Thalia, but I think it would be very hard to think of her as Joan of Arc when Heretic is right on the card name

I think it fits a lot. Wasen't she a heretic in the eyes of England? Same with Thalia and the Lunarch council.
But I would go with Adriana Knight Tribal.
I have a Adriana Tokens with a Crusade theme.

I guess so. Ill put more thought into her

For you, OP.

I've never been to this board before, so I didn't want to make a new thread for this so hopefully you won't mind if I post this here

I bought a booster box of Amonkhet off ebay, and a good chunk of the cards I got had very bold/smudged text. Is this a common thing, or have I received proxy cards? The thickness and everything seems on point, but the amount of cards I got that are bold raise some suspicion. I don't have my cards on hand right now to take any pictures, but I will in a few hours

Was the box sealed?

I saw some similar shit with Kaladesh/Aether Revolt product.

did the box come wrapped in shrink wrap with the wizards logo?

thank you. that will fit well

No, I bought a repack where the seller removed the "valuable" cards and replaced them with other rares etc. for 30% of the price. I'm aware that this wasn't really a great idea, but I'm just getting into MTG after having only played it as a kid, so I wanted a bulk of cards to build decks with. I only play casually so I'm not really too concerned, but I would like to know.

I should also note that the seller has a 99% positive rating on ebay. I've messaged him and asked him straight up if I got proxies, but as I've only just recieved this like an hour ago, he has yet to reply

Don't forget your finisher!

Could go general tarzi and pick anything from any color

this card is actually one of the reasons i wanted to have red in the deck lel

Any particular trend you've noticed with the odd cards? Like, is it especially common with copies of X card, or in one of the colors?

I don't know, man. I've seen some slight printing errors in the last few sets. Nothing that was especially awful, but things like overly bold text, slightly off colors, etc.

Post some images of the cards, if its not the condition he listed you can get a refund, id avoid buying repacks in the future

Hmm does it' have to be female and soldier/knight or hummie
For knights they're the lady of innistrad, Olivia
For soldiers
Kalemenne, Anafenza's (take your pick)
Lavina, Jace's assistant...
Captain sissay, and akiri.

a lot of the cards in flavor benefit if the eqipped creature is human, and a lot of angels work well with humans too. so id like to have the commander be human. soldier or knight is nice, but they dont have to be. they also dont have to be female because i plan on altering it

No particular trends that I've noticed, they're distributed pretty randomly and most of them are commons, which leads me to believe they're not proxies but maybe just early prints. The sale was leftover stock of pre-order packs

Compare the top 3 to the bottom 3. The seller did not really list a condition, and as I said I'm not really that bothered, I'd just like to know.

Also I'd like to apologize to OP for hijacking his thread, I hope it wasn't too bothersome.

Just seems like a bad print run, it happens sometimes unfortunately

its ok senpai

the fuck, i wrote F A M and it autocorrected to senpai

Hmm argues kos
Or lovsia cold eyes but then you won't have the white mana

Rafiq of the many voltron if it doesnt have to be female, go for exalted/double strike kills on t4/5

Dang it update to my list
Mirian resistance
Who was the leader of the resistance.
Jacques le Vert
Tajic, or Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer

That's just how it be desu