/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Stat me
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0frA_0MjW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5 dot sealing omens are fucking impossible feats. Archmasters and exarchs won't just let you get it off with easy and something like that will likely cause people breaking your omen completely.

Yeah, 5-dot Omens are gonna get you fucked over good. On the other hand, they're really the only hope you have of actually fixing the world.

So, are you in it for a cheap Ascension for yourself? Or are you gonna try and save the world (and fuck it up in the process)?

6+ entities don't have access to the Imperial Practices, dumb nuts.

Those guidelines are just that. Guidelines.

Does it really matter if someone is hitting you over the head with a chair or creating a chair that's hitting you? The end result is the same.

The only non-Archmage beings that can deploy Imperial magic would be the Aeons and the Ascended.

I haven't been into White Wolf shit since Masquerade. Can anyone fill me in on what the fuck is happening? What's this Chronicles of Darkness horse shit?

New versions, new ideas. As always, your tastes may vary, but the nigh-universal response is that CofD is a big improvement.

CofD (and/or 2e) requires too much dev work and system mastery on the part of the players, between breaking points, aspirations, and the fact that you really only get XP from conditions leaves it a bit harder to approach for people not already famliair with world of darkness. The 2e books also have some layout issues that make them, once again harder to approach for new people, and that's before getting into the fact that some splats have a gigantic lexicon which makes the book feel like a world jumble. All of the 2e lines are also tailor for a specific type of game, which leaves it a bit less open than its 1e counter parts, at least without house rules.

I feel as though people take the 6+ charts from Imperial Mysteries a bit -too- seriously at times. Dave has mentioned previously that they're quite "fudgy" in application, and aren't "binding" in the long run.

No. That's what they use. True fae, Luna, deathlords and Apollo all use archmage magc

that's how it goes page 55 56 read it

:^)

The Eurofaggot is back I see

Are you also going to declare that the Imperial Practices don't exist as of 2e because they're not mentioned 'word for word' in the 2e core?

Its not like you even need imperial practices when you auto win all Clash of Wills with Fallen World scrubs.

>Posts Buffy image for White Wolf.
White Wolf is terrible for Buffy. The vampires are wrong, the magic is all wrong, and last I checked there's no reliable way to build a Slayer.

Cinematic (or Classic) Unisystem.

It's like nWoD, but better for the job. Though (admittedly) nWoD's HP system is better than Unisystem's, Unisystem's core mechanics and subsystems are much better for something like buffy or supernatural.

GURPS Monsters could also easily be a better fit, if for some reason Unisystem is too rules-lite for you.

>White Wolf is terrible for Buffy.
Tell that to Phil "Goat Fucker" Brucatto who put way too many references into the books rules section making it utter nonsense to anyone who isn't intimately familiar with the series.

What's each line tailored for?

Mostly they target a more 'personal horror' angle which you can't really do with rules, you more need an informed group of people all on the same page, which works regardless of the rules. Sadly the rules don't really help players get to this page. 1e sticks far closer to the urban fantasy wod is actually good at.

Ok, this is getting piss annoying. It's one thing to be a boisterous Magefag, it's another thing entirely to antagonize them whilst completely misinterpreting just what those graphs are meant to be used for.

He may reference Buffy a lot, but the point stands.

Buffy vampires don't have clans, or disciplines, or political squabbles. They all have the same set of fixed abilities and drawbacks. They have no soul, and their soul has been replaced with a demonic parasite that drives around in their body.

Dracula also knows Gypsy magic, but those abilities have nothing to do with being a vampire.

The other supernatural creatures (given the umbrella term "demon") again, have a variety of universal fixed racial abilities based on what they are. This includes vampire slayers.

Magic can be attempted by literally anyone, with time and the proper sourcebooks. Powerful mages can cast things quickly without incantations or books.

All of this is covered in the buffy RPG, which (despite a few issues, like any system) is a pretty damn good game.

But I would *NEVER* use WoD for a Buffy campaign. I would probably also never use WoD for Supernatural.

Yeah - that lexicon, god, WtF is so jargon heavy it just drives off new players, like those deet candle drive off mosquitoes.

>I would probably also never use WoD for Supernatural.
Why?
(never seen the show, only been told it's a lot like Vigil)

>Game systems have complexity
and?

And 1e was easier to get new people into, making it, in my opinion, a better system in many ways. I don't really have much of a point past that, while the rules are now tighter, its more unapproachable in exchange.

Elaborate.
Both versions are roughly the same:
Slang terms
Determine Action
Determine Pool
Roll dice
Get XP

On the surface their pretty much the same. it's only in the details that their different

Both Breaking Points, Aspirations, Conditions, Doors, and the other fidly bits from 2e are not easy simple mechanics, and I'll note you left every single one of them out of your list. In fact you cite 'get xp' when in fact taht system doesn't even resemble the previous one except that you spend it. They aren't the same and pretending they are is silly.

It's just a bad fit. The mortals section of the rules is fine, but WoD's supernaturals are their own very specific thing.

WoD also isn't very good for "the crossover game" with monsters and humans and demons and mages and vampire slayers all in the party, and that's something sortof intrinsic to Buffy.

The new system is significantly better than oWoD, mechanically. Whether you like the setting that comes with the new system is another thing entirely.

the real issue is the gaminess of it. doors are fine the rest aren't. you'd be better off giving the amount of xp yourself and rewarding players who do cool things like exalted.

Well if you keep comparing gurps to Clasic Wod. I don't know what to tell you. Gurps plays different from Classic WoD. Maybe learn the system a bit and compare and contrast the difference

Breaking Points = Morality
Conditions = codified penalties or bonuses
Doors = Social Conditions ^
Aspirations = HOW THE ARE WE PLAYING AND WHY ARE WE HERE????

All you're referencing is book keeping. These things were always in the system. just never explicitly stated. you just never bother to use them. Because you've never run the system, you never had to learn this so, you never seen any of these bits.

What do Goetic demons look like, usually?

When the fuck was I ever talking about GURPS? Are you retarded or something?

Also, I don't have a problem, the system for 2e works just fine for me, its new players its not working for, in play, over several games, where as these problems didn't emerge at all in 1e despite a similar lack of familiarity with the system. You seem to be unable to look outside your own view points and familiarity to see the issues for new people.

So, how 'bout them Libertines?

Mysterium>Free Council>AA>Silver Ladder>GotV

Tremere>Seers>>>Mysterium>FC>>>SL>>Guardians>AA

>low wisdom magefag

>Tremere at the top
>AA at the bottom
I feel like you might be a little biased.

More like
Timori > *

>So, how 'bout them Libertines?

I'm feeling a little triggered.

All I see in the Free Council art is a bunch of white guys and a not so subtle "magical gays" innuendo. There doesn't even appear to be a single biological female who identifies as a man There's way too much white cis-privilege.

Diversity requires more than a rainbow flag and some chaps.

>Besides, those dudes are not nearly man enough for Swole Jawa and the Adamantine Arrow

>Darn, forgot the AA art with Swole Jawa.

The Seers are definitely at the top.

How can you beat snorting magic coke off the asses of vampire strippers.

I fucking hate you.

Any reason?

fag

Cinematic Unisystem did it really well.

Sarcasm?

I thought it handled it pretty well.

I use a mashup of Unisystem content (using either Angel, Ghosts of Albion, or Witchcraft as my main sourcebook, and grabbing subsystems and other options from other sources) most of the time when I want Urban Fantasy, and I think it does a good job balancing very different character archetypes.

Does the pastebin have VtM 1st edition?

I need a copy to win an argument with a now ex friend.

>Does the pastebin have VtM 1st edition?
>I need a copy to win an argument with a now ex friend.
An exemplar of everything this general is. PDFs and arguing enough to end friendships.

>now ex friend.

How badly did he handle the break-up, user?

Vampfags and magefags can't be friends

>now ex friend
Don't tell me you guys broke up over a 'I'm right you're wrong' argument about fucking Vampire.

So the argument was about a4 size rpgs always having 2 columns of text. He wrote some larp rules that were single column and i said that it was hard to read and he should put it in 2 columns, he went ape declaring that two columns is 00's bullshit and all the good rpg's had 1 column, (1st ed masq and werewolf), when i asked him to show me one 1 rpg without 2 columns of text he defriended me and hasnt spoken to me since.

Highly amusing.

>good
>1st ed vamp and ww

You are correct in this situation, though it makes them garbage documents to copy and paste from, full sized books like that are much harder to read when you have to scan that much of the page.

Basically couldnt take criticism about his larp rules layout.

Think im better off now, i just want to keep trolling him by sending him images of every rpg with 2 columns i can find.

He probably just wants to suck your dick

This was the perfect opportunity to hide his gayness

Normally I'd respond with pic related, but I had someone stop speaking to me because I refused to agree that AB wasn't a real blood type.

>being friends with a larper
>not anticipating autism

>because I refused to agree that AB wasn't a real blood type.

...Wait what? Really? I...but it's been documented and everything.

It took me awhile to work out what was wrong, it was really hard to read but i couldnt put my finger on it until i realized about the columns.

I even did a mock up of one of his pages with two columns and it looked so much better.

Obviously that's just a government conspiracy for Big Blood.

No, I was being serious. The Buffy and Angel games were actually very well done. My only real complaint was that the dice mechanics were a bit granular. The system really brought the mix of powerlevels together quite well, with drama points. Also, Armageddon was a fucking awesome game. Way underappreciated for it's complete over the top fun.

What were the LARP rules for? What flavor of autism are we talking about here?

They should just call it C type. A plus B equals C.

Vampire.

Always vampfags.

So it was vampire, but a what if the dark ages extended to modern day.

So basically DA in modern day. It actually sounded alot like nuWW but he had been working on it for years, i found it quite amusing.

No Cam, lots of vassal city states, blah blah

In what decade did vampires become gay and tarnished? Was it all Anne rice's fault?

>What's this Chronicles of Darkness horse shit?

An enormous pile of shit. I'm just waiting for the dipshits to start chiming in about how the broken parts are "features".

it was twilights fault.

It was entirely Rice's fault.

>actual picture of Veeky Forums convention

I came from tumblr just to call you all FAGGOTS that are afraid of trans people. Most of you think "critiquing" a product involves griping about the author's sexuality and/or gender preferences. The last thread only proved to me how fucking hardcore trans people are, to go through so much surgery and pain.

really though, I think you're just pissed about men transitioning because it means one less cock for you to suck through the local glory hole

youtube.com/watch?v=L0frA_0MjW8

>everything I hate is autism
>everything I disagree with is autism
>what is autism anyway? I'm too fucking retarded to look it up

fag

K there guy, there's your (You) for being the master ruseman.

see
>can't even claim mental illness as an excuse for having no functional cerebral cortex

see
>hurr durr I love calling people autistic
>hurr durr *fart noises* i think it means they spend a lot of time creating art becoz when I did my finger paintings the Dean of the College says I was a "very autistic person"

1st edition had misprints galore. Check stats for Season 1 Willow - she had a kick more powerful than a handgun.

>user acts autistic
>Gets triggered when people call him an autist.
It's ok little sperg. We're only kind of judging you.

I didn't say any of those things. Autism is slang on Veeky Forums for being socially inept or stupid in the worst way, not terribly far from its actual meaning, as I understand it. The larper flipped on his friend because of a dumb disagreement.

Guess what, 'literally' is used in direct contradiction to its actual definition all the time, to the point that they amended the definition to include it as being an exaggeration. Do you call people out on that as well? If you do, you might just be autistic.

>everyone I disagree with must be from reddit
>or tumblr
>those damn Cultural Marxists
>and Financial Leninists
>and Social Trotskyites
>and Sexual Maoists
>and Psychological Gueverists
>and Renewable Ho Chi Minh-ists
>I could offer a critique of shitty writing and art
>but here's a fifteen post diatribe about how getting my cock cut off filled me with deep regret
>you autistic autists are so autistic that when I autistically autisticate i find myself autistifying

I think it's a wonderful thing that the internet has a place for everyone, no matter how fucking brain damaged and inbred. Still, it's pretty easy to figure out where your fetishes lie, given how much you all shitpost about faggots, trannies, retards and autists....

>>hurr durr I love calling people autistic
>>hurr durr *fart noises* i think it means they spend a lot of time creating art becoz when I did my finger paintings the Dean of the College says I was a "very autistic person"

Someone call the fagdragger in, looks we got ourselves one of them big city queerosexuals

Aspergers doesn't exist anymore. It has been included into the spectrum disorder in the DSM-V.
>b.. but it's slang...
Oh, like in the schoolyard, when we were kids and called everyone we didn't like "spastic"? Most of us gave that up when we turned 12.

Autism is a complex neurological condition. It has nothing to do with "stupidity" or "social ineptitude". Pleading semantic drift is a desperate ploy - medical terms are dropped from usage as soon as that happens; like "spastic" and "retarded" before that.

>as I understand it

So what exactly are you pleading here? That because you are an ignorant shitheel on a website full of shitheels, that somehow excuses you from being a cunt? That you can't understand something as simple as a child born with a neurological condition? Doesn't that make you ignorant AND a sheep, blindly following the herd?

Nice strawman, by the way. I'm sure he'll keep those pesky crows out of your cornfield. "Literally".

>triggered
>*making noises with lips and finger*

Truth hurts, I guess.....

>Autism is a complex neurological condition. It has nothing to do with "stupidity" or "social ineptitude".
Absolutely nothing I agree

Don't be jealous because you can't get any ass in your tiny little shitkicker town, user. Try Grindr.

Not as much as how you're casual ableism hurts the differently clever

Reign in the autism, champ.

What's with all these turbo-autists shittng up the threads with their faggotry lately? I'd rather discuss moonfucking than have some loser pitch a fit about autism being used as an insult.

How would one make Might Guy into a Mage?

I mean the obvious bits are him being a Mastigos (the Taijutsu he uses with the Eighth Gate is capable of warping space), and Member of the Adamantine Arrow....but would his Legacy make use of Forces or Life?

Currently I'm leaning towards Life, because that might make it easier to break the inhibitions that stop your body from tearing itself to bits.

Maybe it's like how the ancients thought evil spirits were driven away by loud noises. Mageposting keeps tumblr away

>What's with all these turbo-autists shittng up the threads with their faggotry lately?
No idea Satan.

I can show you one RPG without two columns of text: The early AD&D 2e stuff, which has three. I think OD&D might be one-column, but that's shit-old.

Obrimos Legacy that grants Life as Ruling, I would say. Perfecting the Form, Telekinetic Strike, the one speed spell, those are all things that I think that would be able to emulate the gates fairly well.

The old 3rd ed GURPS WoD books do a pretty good job of system translation. The gurps versions are crunchier and have a different flow to them , just due to differences between GURPS and Storyteller.