So how bad does a BL novel have to be before its considered non-canon? Pic-related

So how bad does a BL novel have to be before its considered non-canon? Pic-related.

It's all canon until some community manager cuck on a message board says it isn't

Even if it heavily clashes with existing lore in GW,FW and BL material?

You should be asking how much better BL novels have to get before one is accepted as canon.

Especially if it does

I think its bullshit that a novel like this could be released. Dont they have editors? I was told this was planned out to make it all make sense.

What you dont like an Ultramarine Librarian actively using his psyker powers constantly complaining that Magnus broke the edict of Nikaea? Or him being fine with the SW rune priest using their powers? Or him using a TS sorcerer to help him? Or using other sorcery in his quest?

McNeil is a terrible writer.

I'm beginning to understand why there are so many alt-40k threads like Nobledark around here.

So what's so bad about this book?

Its a poorly written mess that plagiarizes from French's novels that come later in the story. It barely follows established lore, includes time paradox's, unnecessary character inserts and honestly just adds nothing to the over arching narrative.
In other words it's filler.

C.S. "braying Tyranids and Necrons" Goto tier

Does this suck? About to read it next.

Its bad because it even fails to follow the same lore of the authors previous book on the TSons.
The afterword is just a hilarious explanation of why the books suck too. Literally half of it is him talking about moving houses and how hard it was and how much he failed at writing the book.

Yes. Don't read Gav Thorpe. He's only a step above Nick Kyme.

Got some examples of some bad lore in it?

Magnus was sharded twice. Get over it. He cannit hold himself together.

Magnus and the Sons completely forget that Horus orders Russ to destroy Prospero. Actually I believe everyone forgets this despite ATS which McNeil wrote showing that they knew.
An Ultramarine Librarian who was at Nikaea doesnt understand the edict despite quoting part of it.
Magnus gets 'unmade' by Russ when ATS shows Magnus does it himself to save his legion.
SW believe the words of a daemon(fateweaver of all people).

I'll stick to Phil Kelly

You are distorting parts of the novels to bitch about them doe.

Lol ok which part?

>unnecessary character inserts
Kek don't tell me McNeill managed to sneak Nykona Sharrowkin in there.

I actually really enjoyed the last chances series.

Lots of people will tell you to avoid it because Gav Thorpe. He got a lot of advice from Alan Bligh on how the Dark Angels are going to 'work' in 30K while writing it, however, and if you like the Legion it's actually remarkably solid. Make sure you've at least read a summary of the DA plotline up to this point though because otherwise the happenings on Caliban'll leave you completely confused.

The Dreadwing is a stupid concept, but it isn't a terrible book. It's enjoyable.

We DO know books can be bad enough for another writer to decide to render them entirely pointless within another's prologue.

>tfw got all the HH books up to Angel Exterminatus in first edition
>then they started completely taking the piss with larger books, hardback releases, all sorts of limited edition crap so I stopped bothering

I've only read up to Prospero Burns though, been meaning to read the Outcast Dead though as apparently that's alright.

I have a few of the early limited edition signed and numbered novellas though, Aurelian twice, Brotherhood of the Storm, Corax: Soulforge. Might sell them, think they were £30 new.

I also have the Dark King/Lightning Tower booklet they only made 500 of or whatever in 2007. I know the stories have been published elsewhere but I'm keeping that for rarity.

About to read this one, that bad? I actually enjoyed Descent of Angels however, though I do like Dark Angels.

Not a single character from any other book, the whole cast is disposable and just as bland as the plot.
You could easily delete the whole book with no impact on the overall story.

>The latest instalment in the best-selling Horus Heresy series

Could they actually not think of anything else to put there?

They ALL say 'best selling series/book' there. The plot-related subtitle is there in the black box.

I thought ugh you meant boy's love novel at first

But and both have a little plot blurb there.

Oh, maybe the newer ones are different then. I just checked a bunch of older ones.

Until it's so bad that you and your buddies refuse to acknowledge it. Or, if you care about what internet autists think, until some other author overwrites it in a year or two if not within weeks or months.

>Dont they have editors? I was told this was planned out to make it all make sense.
>He fell for the meme.
kek.

40k is like Doctor Who. Everything is canon, and nothing is canon.

Eventually fans and other authors will strength a work's canonicity by referencing and reinforcing it. Or it'll go the way of human/Eldar children and be ignored into oblivion

I personally thought it was the best Gav Thorpe book. That might not be saying much but I found it decent.

Haven't read it. What is so terrible about it?
What is is about?
I Loved "Thousand sons" and I presume it is set after it, but that is all I know.

It isn't bad. They just mad that it has the same plot point as the Ahriman series.

Hell no, its top.