Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

No Anime Allowed

Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderdspwiki/home/dreamscarred-press/bloodforge/races
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljyz?Faction-Overview-Wayfinders
youtube.com/watch?v=BR48y7sR5Tc
youtube.com/watch?v=IBphxrYgJOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, /pgg/, hypothetical scenario comes up.

A new game shows up and it has your favorite chargen and stuff for it. Whatever you want, within reason.. The only stipulation is that you're going to be playing Bloodforge races, and Bloodforge races ONLY. Which are your favorites and why?

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderdspwiki/home/dreamscarred-press/bloodforge/races

Link to the DSP SRD one great user is working on provided.

So would Vesk be more interested in drums and trombones?

Are the Ysoki always into Dubstep?

Are the Androids actually fans of classical stylings?

What about the escaped pets from Absalom Station?

I'm sure my players would saddle me with Alicorns and Trixies

But Trixie's not an alicorn!

A Grendle and play the troll druid racial archetype.

I wouldn't play a game that constricts me to bloodforge, it seems silly.

I dont like the idea of playing a horse but I would totally be up for an adventure in equestria.

Here comes the Third group you can join

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljyz?Faction-Overview-Wayfinders

A much more Science Fantasy oriented group, I think. Would join them to explore the stars?

It's purely a hypothetical, user. What would you choose if you HAD to pick only a bloodforge race?

Unironically a Blinkling.

How it REALLY feels to try and PM your crush.

>You will never be anything more than tolerated by your crush
>You will watch someone else be the person they need or desire
>Someone else will always be more impressive, learned, or witty than you

youtube.com/watch?v=BR48y7sR5Tc

I don't like them, and I'm saying I would not want to play them

I don't like any animal-like race and I don't like most the rest.

Griffins are pretty cool.

Give it time.

[spoilers]I ran a game in it and you get a ton of variety there. Griffins, Gorilla like Dogs, even a few Stubborn donkeys

So for the Godsplaying game. I am torn between several demi-god aspirant characters.

>Crooked Neck
A falsely accused man who was hung from the neck until dead. He rose again at a broken man with a new power from the other side. (Wasting Oracle w/ Dark Tapestry Curse || Void Prophet Zealot & Nameless One)

>The Iron Hunger
Massive hulking mercenary who has become addicted to the sweet rush of violence. Famous and revered for the breaking of a siege that lasted three years less than a week after his arrival and the subsequent butchering of the city within. (Iron Tyrant Anti-paladin || Serial Killer Vigilante)

Tell us more user, we'll share your worries.

Let's be real here. Nine times out of ten, people don't PM their crushes. It's a meme. Prove me wrong.

Decataur and Watcher are my favorites.

Grendle seems overtuned for intimidate builds.

I like the idea of blinklings but god that art is hideous.

Piper and Houri are cute.

That might be neat, joining up with a pioneer faction. Though apparently they fucked up something with the Scoured Stars?

>Give it time

>0/10
>2/10
Neither are cute.

I don't know man, just, haven't you ever got the feeling that someone is just trying to be nice to you? To maybe give you a message you can't grasp, and let you down without saying they are?

I actually have, but that's the problem. I feel like it's only made me feel worse in the long run, because I don't want to be a problem for them.

So what's this demigod aspirant game I'm hearing about?

People claim they actually PM their crush all the time. That doesn't prove anything.

If you're actually telling the truth, maybe hold off on the PMs for a day or two.

>Half-gnolls are a thing
>Possibly descended from elven, gnome, or halfling stock

There's a few uncomfortable thoughts.

RIP Iron Gods rewiewanon. I really hoped he'd continue today.

yes

Don't forget that Murks can also be Kobold/Orc. They're one of the few small-sized races with a Strength BONUS in that case!

As in "don't PM at all"? Or as in "Don't ask if they wan sum e-fuk"?

The second option.

I want to be in a party with that horse

How does your character deal with the fleas and lice?

See, that's the thing. I don't do much of that in the first place, but I still feel like I don't really know how to express myself. Is it enough to just ask how someone's doing, maybe try to make small-talk every so often?

If small-talk is going nowhere, maybe give it a rest with the PMs. Are they even giving any meaningful responses?

talk about character concepts and campaign ideas.

Would make for a grim moment in the inevitable Lamashtu Station crawl

Erotic games. "Catch the fleas".

Jokes on you user, that's how my interaction is with everyone.

Me too, user, me too

I'd play a Kestrel! Cute harpies are the best, and they actually BATHE!

The snake elves.

I'd go for the Iron Hunger.

I think so? What's a non-meaningful one? Single-word without any substance at all? Or just a sentence or two?

That's a pretty good one, thanks. I tend to air that sorta thing in a place more public, but then again,
I like talking with them more.

I think it's because a lot of us got a touch of the 'tism, I figure. For me it's being a bona fide sperglord, and I want to think I've got over it, but throw in a side of depression and I end up with a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure replaying itself over and over, hoping each time will be a change for the better.

A sentence or two is alright, but a single word without substance is no good.

What class do you think? Magician Bard or somethin'?

I lack any 'tisms so I don't even have that as an excuse. I'm just an all around unpleasant asshole that's mildly annoying at their absolute best.

I guess you're right, so maybe I haven't offended yet.
That's really the worst part, though--thinking that I might have done so, but I can't risk asking them honestly because insecurity might drive them away or the wrong question might put them on the spot.

What kind of monsters, creatures, and humanoids are fitting to inhabit the steppe? What about the Taiga?

Has anyone played a campaign where white bitches sucked black nigger dicks?

so im thinking about running jade regeant, anything I should know?

What makes you say that, user? I mean, everybody's gonna still have people who think of you as a friend.

This is very not true.

But by lore, Harpies always stink and never wash all that blood off. I'm sure small, dumb harpies are the same!

>monsters
So let's look at the mongolian steppes. Large raptors, bats, lynx, siberian tiger, weasels, wolverine, horse, deer, ibex, etc. live there. The dire versions of a lot of these would work. Take other animals you might be able to fit stuff like. Steppes could also see some dragon activity. Younger white dragons who don't live in prime tundra and glacial territories. Really big fictional raptors like Thunderbird and Rocs could fit in easily.

I could see giants fitting in easily as well, possibly stone giants as one of the main ones. For undead and elementals look for spirits, wind elementals, and the like.

Bullets. They burrow, waiting for prey.

Centaurs are said to be pretty good in those type of places.

>Throw out those goddamn caravan rules.
>Don't run Ameiko as the main character.
>Make absolutely sure you establish the major NPCs from Sandpoint through a session 0, maybe even two. Don't gotta run all of Burnt Offerings, but maybe have the PCs play out the Swallowtail Festival to get an idea of how they interact with them.
>Work closely with the party to make sure they can all interact with each other and play off each other. If you don't have a party that can maintain bonds, you don't have a party that's going to be able to put up with each other as they travel to the other side of the world.

Yeah, a bit more magic heavy Bard would basically make her in a few minutes.

We'll find out when it leaks. I'm curious to see what /pfg/ games we get.

Those last two are what really made RotJR work, or seem like it would. Those are why SotJR ended up better than FotJR. The overlong app period was basically the GM allowing people to feel out a way to establish themselves in the world, and let him pick a group that could play off each other in addition to being able to play nice with the AP as he ran it.

I don't think he even knew what kind of gold he'd struck until well after he'd started running the games. Maybe that's why SotJR turned out to be the favored son.

A game proposed by someone that would be 20 levels, gestalt, and 10 tiers mythic, out to kill some massively powerful being as a right of passage. They also said they would never try to run it.

>Still have to roll encounters for Saturday's game
>New players still haven't emailed concepts
>No new random treasure tables for new volumes of equipment
>Still need to generate "immersion"

I still have a couple of days left. Only a few more sessions until they get out of Rusty Dagger Shanktown.

So here is something that is common in my setting and how my players reacted:
>adepts, being an NPC class, are relatively common (make up 5% of the population)
>adepts have a more diverse spell list, but that's not important to this post
>familiars are an adept class feature
>familiars are therefore pretty common
>because familiars are intelligent and can transfer information to their users they make very good eavesdroppers
>thieves, mercenaries, soldiers, and other professions who work in less scrupulous circles often develop the habit of killing small animals
>you have no way of knowing if that pigeon is a familiar, so you grab and snap its neck just in case (most familiars need to get back to their owner to pass off the info)
>if you find dead small animals you know secret meets took place
>dead small animals will littler military camps (ones that aren't eaten)
>players know this indirectly through a companion of theirs with the habit (it was explained in character)
>one of the PCs uses his familiar (a raven) to try and eavesdrop
>the second the gangsters see a raven one of them throws a stone at it (has throw anything and deadly aim, ends up putting the raven unconscious)
>they kill the raven just in case
>player is extremely angry and blames the setting for being unrealistic

Godspeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=IBphxrYgJOg
stat me /pfg/

I can't give out Martial Scripts as treasure because the one PC with maneuvers hasn't put any ranks in Knowledge (Martial).

Brawler.

What are Martial Scripts?

An item from ToB. It might be in PoW.

It's like a scroll, but it lets a martial disciple temporarily learn a different maneuver when they're readied for the day.

Like Spellcraft, you need to have a high enough check in Knowledge (Martial) to decipher it.

That's pretty cool. So a guy with maxed out Knowledge (Martial) and enough martial scripts could have every maneuver in the game?

He could have access, but he would also have to find every user of every maneuver and have them write them down.

They can only be used once.

>They can only be used once.
How does that make any sense?
Are initiators so AMBARBARIAN they tear to shreds any paper they read?

I just reread the ToB.

It's magic. It only lasts for 1 hour or 1 encounter, whichever happens first.

From the description, it doesn't look like it gets destroyed.

It doesn't make any sense, no.

But this is PoW, sense is not found here.

Didn't you know, martial manuvers are secretly refluffed magical spells.

>tfw no Iron Gods reviews this night

anyone try out Croupiers from Gonzo 2? they seem interesting.

Yes, but it's something you can use all day.

If it doesn't make sense to you, then you aren't watching enough anime.

really not interested in hearing more about broodie's latest joke character

Broodie isn't the only applicant tho.

I think all apps have been reviewed already anyway. Doesn't matter though because I think this game isa bamboozle

>I think all apps have been reviewed already anyway.
Only about half have been.
I'd know since my app was in the other half.

Why haven't you applied to intrigue yet, /pfg/?

Because while I'm following and theorycrafting pathfinder for about two years now, I never was in a game before.
I'm just afraid I'll make a fool of myself and if I get in that I just block the spot of someone more capable than me.

You'll never get better if you never try.
Everyone had their first time once, it's not so bad, you just have to try.

There's still plenty of time and I am a very busy person at the moment. I will probably write one a few days before closing.

Seriously, why are these app periods so long? Half the time the game dies in like the first session.

All the Bloodforge races seem way too fucking monstrous to fit into any sort of party and I absolutely hate it. The atrocious art doesn't help either. Basically what I'm saying is I wouldn't play in that game.

FotNS is generally considered nonsensical and was praised more for its art than its story, and it's interesting how two assistants that worked on it ended up learning very different lessons.

One took all the good aspects and created Berserk.
The other did nothing but cultivate the meme-tier stupidity and ended up with Jojo.

Tbh this is the type of game where no one will give a shit or even enjoy having a scrub around. Your typical pfg nigger often brings PCs that solos most encounters and only dials it down as a courtesy. By being that one liablity you are giving them an excuse to go all out.

>One took all the good aspects and created Berserk.

He learned that it's important to have people on an endless journey? That fucking boat, man.

>"Aww fuck, Jim's about to get his ass killed. Guess it's time to PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS."
I like having an "oh shit" button like that, just in case.

The problem I've ran into is that whenever you do that to solve a problem, the GM adjusts encounters slightly more difficult, so you need to go all-out again, and then it becomes a feedback loop as your trump card becomes closer and closer to the norm.

Which books do I allow in my campaign before it becomes a potential clusterfuck?

Embrace the clusterfuck. It's already happening even with 1pp only.

Restricting it to only a few 1pp books is suffocating too, unless you just want to disallow exotic races/classes but allow the expanded options for existing classes.

All of them. It will be fine as long as your goal isnt to "beat" your players.

That boat ride ended years ago.

Nani?!

Yeah, Guts is in Casca's mind now.

Sounds like that would be easy to draw, what with the flat landscape and all.

I don't think he's drawn anything in a while.
Most of the art seems to have been traced from older shit or done by assistants emulating his style.

Miura doesn't actually have assistants. He doesn't want any.
The less elaborate style is because Miura just started using digital art instead of drawing by hand.
He'd prefer to keep Berserk manually drawn but he's getting to old for that (Being 54 with the physical health of a hikkikomori NEET)

>Miura doesn't actually have assistants. He doesn't want any.

In the past, he resisted getting drawing assistance, but still ended up getting a few at times to meet deadlines, and now he has a studio of about 5 assistants now that assist him semi-regularly.