Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Doot Doot Edition

Previous Thread: >FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

As far as I can tell they didn't even mention the Manticore once in the FAQ.

Second for mighty Death Korps!

Regimental Doctrines when?

So I'm thinking this for a Space Marine Vanguard detachment

HQ - captain, stock
Elites - dreadnought x 3, stock

Comes out to 474pts. I'm bringing this just for funnies in a 500 game, but want to know if I can add anything to make it remotely better

Made a nez roll table based on what a kind user did some time ago. It's roughly logical, legion order with successors, and thematically sorta related chapters to fill in the blanks (notably with SW and Salamanders).

Get rolling lads.

I can't imagine it'll be too long after the chaos codex releases that we get the guard codex, hopefully it will at least be within the next two months or so.

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd

Alternatively, last two digits

CARCHARODONS GET

power klaws vs big choppas

in my mind big choppas are almost always better. am i wrong?

First 200 different flavours of marines dummy :DDD

roll

The context matters. Across an entire squad of nobs? Yeah you probably would choose the big choppas for their cost. Hidden inside a blob of 30 boyz? Take a can opener.

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rollan for my Captain and his Tacs, lessee who's reinforcing Forge Nexus Delta.

gimme ultramarines

Is there a point to Hydras and basilisk when you can take Manticores ?

Also new catachan sculpt when??

Where did this come from?

GK codex when?
Are new models coming?

I'm guessing he's one of our inside guys. The last one accurately predicted the new Start Collecting boxes and he posts in UK time, so

I'm conflicted Veeky Forums.
I hate marines because they steal all the resources that should be equally distributed between all the armies, so I don't buy them...
BUT buying the new Primaris would make the squatting of the old marines faster.
What shall I do?

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
T'AU+AM: October 7th
TYRANID+BA: November 11th
NECRONS+TS: December 9th

Primaris RavenGuard.

what about ORKS

WHY ARE YOU GUYS ALWAYS RAPING US

Eldar when

Whats better for a new army.
>Scion spam with Primes and a pair of each Thunderbolts and Manticores
or
>Tau Plasma Commander spam with bulk stealth suits and a squad or two of pathfinders
or
>Dual Plasma pistol vanguard spam with Jump Pack captains, and a token deployment of tacticals in razorbacks.

I just want to DS plasma and blow things out of the water.

but thats the thing. the power klaw hits on 4+, the big choppa on 3+ and it still does 2 wounds.

9 vs 25 pts is a huge difference too.

AM as in Astra Militarum or AdMech? I'm assuming Guard.

>I just want to DS plasma and blow things out of the water.
pic related is the best then.
The orders are just too good.

guard obviously

it would make them out just before the Tau+IG FW books

Because horde is the new Meta and you must wait for your cheese to mature.

kek

>>Scion spam with Primes and a pair of each Thunderbolts and Manticores

Solid

>Tau Plasma Commander spam with bulk stealth suits and a squad or two of pathfinders

Don't fall for the meme

>Dual Plasma pistol vanguard spam with Jump Pack captains, and a token deployment of tacticals in razorbacks.

Maybe the least effective but sounds fun as hell to play

My take on it is that since boyz can kill anything now with the new wounding rules they are going to end up in combat against walkers and monsters more often and I like having that klaw there for some harder AP. The price difference is massive though, big selling point for the BC.
Orkz got the very first codex of 7th and look how that worked for us breh. I'm happy to have a late release this time.

Powa stabbas, Killsaws on boss nobz

first is the best because vultures and taurox take care of hordes and manticore take care of tabks

>Vanguard detachment

Don't you need at least 1 troop?

nope

No. That's the entire point of non-battalion/brigade detachments

gooby pls new modl when

>T'AU+AM: October 7th
just before the FW book would be perfect timing

I'll give it a go.

Same shit, different minis.

I guess with the 25 points you have to spare, give the Captain a jump pack and a plasma pistol.

What's this Tau + IG FW book? I can't find any mention of it even on rumor sites.

IA 14.
bu AM he prob meant AdMech

After a numbe of trial games and such we're finally restarting our campaign at the flgs, so I'm trying to come up with stats for my Chapter Master. Opinions, recommendations, anything?

Aureliano Alatriste, Chapter Master of the Brazen Gryphons

Move 5"
WS 2+
BS 2+
S 4
T 4
W8
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 2+

>Weapons
- Excellion, Warmth of Sunlight (Melee S+2 AP-3 Dd3)
- Sundering Hand (Melee Sx2 AP-4 D2 Subtract -1 from hit rolls with this weapon)

>Mount
- Thunderhammers (Melee Sx2 AP-3 D3 After this model has made its close combat attacks it can attack with this weapon. Make four additional attacks, but subtract -2 from hit rolls with this weapon)

>Special Rules
And They Shall Know No Fear, Chapter Tactics (Iron Hands), Chapter Master, Teleport Deep Strike

- Bastion Desafiante: The palaquin the chapter master rides on is equipped with a number of ancient protective devices. Aureliano Alatriste may reroll failed saves and The Flesh is Weak tests.

- Iron Halo: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save.

there's been rumours of a tau vs Ad mech book.

Fires of Cyraxus is not a secret and should have been released last year

I was going to be a little miffed if there was a Tau vs Guard book before Fires of Cyraxus.

I was confused because the first guy said Tau+IG

That's Tau vs AdMech though so I was confused by

Its Pacific Rim : GW.
Basically Admech robots vs Tau SUITS

Or a storm bolter and relic blade to provide a couple more shot and countercharge anything closing on your dreads.

what did that terminator do to deserve special treatment

Somebody posted a "classic" theme space marine army from old editions, and gave me the idea to make a chaos army like this with the typical units in pictures from old rogue trader games. But I'm new and don't know what is good. Would this be a good army around 1500 points?

chaos lord with a jump pack and some good close combat weapons like a power fist or something

20 cultists with rifles
10 marines with 2 special weapons and a rhino. champion with a power sword and maybe plasma pistol, in a rhino
10 marines basically the same as ^ but with different loadouts, in a rhino

a helbrute with a lascannon arm and hammer or missile launcher

10 raptors with two flamers or meltaguns, power weapon champion

vindicator

This is a bit less than 1500 from what I can tell from the chaos index so I have points to work with on the gear.

oh I forgot, also 10 havocs, with 4 lascannons or maybe missile launchers?

That would be Titanicus Vs Tyranids. This is Mobile Knight Cerastus

He was cursed with lethargy by a Slaaneshi sorcerer, but his marines love him so much that they resolved to bring him to the battles if he can't do so himself.
He looked like this before the curse became worse (and a chaos dread nearly killed him).

Roll

I want to see him and a Chaos Lord on a Palanquin of Nurgle have a sloth off

Thats pretty awesome, good job user

>He doesn't know about Rogue Jaeger of PR:2

"Primaris It"
I assumed you meant to give the Captain Gravis, not a Primaris Lieutenant kek

That's 907 pts tho; could do that for future Apoc games but I think I'll stick to two lascannon mortii and a Manticore Battery for now

Won the annual Segmentium Solar Air Guitar Championship, praise be to the Emperor!

2x plasma guns and power sword+plasma pistol on both tacs, flamers on raptor and lascannons on havocs.

>Get a scan of a white dwarf Find chaos battle report
>use that army list

>MFW no Angry Marines
What a lost opportunity user

i think he meant just use the inceptor quadhellblasterdeepstrike insteas of strenguards

>Emperor's Shadows
Not canon, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I ran the numbers and if you spam scions command squads with 4x plasma youll be doing between 5.1 and 3.4 wounds (GEQ->TEQ) on the turn you come down. Compared to the Plasma vets who do 6.4->3.4.

The Tau Commander comes off the worst with 4.1 to 1.6

Im not sure how the Scions ended up as good as the vets against TEQs both having 3.4 though, as they have 4 less shots and both of them hit on 3+ and reroll 1s.

So my math maybe off abit.

Cmon Minotaurs

Move 4"
WS 2+
BS 2+
S 4
T 5
W 14
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 2+

>Weapons
- Excellion, Warmth of Sunlight (Melee S+2 AP-3 Dd3)
- Sundering Hand (Melee Sx2 AP-4 D2 Subtract -1 from hit rolls with this weapon)
- Thunderhammers (Melee Sx2 AP-3 D3 After this model has made its close combat attacks it can attack with this weapon. Make four additional attacks, but subtract -2 from hit rolls with this weapon)

>Special Rules
And They Shall Know No Fear, Chapter Tactics (Iron Hands), Chapter Master, Teleport Strike

- Ponderous: Subtract 1 from all charge and advance rolls made by this model.

- Bastion Defiant: All Brazen Gryphon units within 6" can reroll The Flesh is Weak tests.

- Iron Halo: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save.

- Palanquin: This model loses 1 thunderhammer attack for every 2 missing wounds. If this model is missing 8 or more wounds it loses the Ponderous and Bastion defiant special rules but his Move characteristic increases by 1".

Is a Kytan big enough to be a reasonable counts as Renegade Knight?

rolling to find a chapter to paint the primaris

Nah, we were discussing anti-armour and anti-air
Plus, Lias can't infiltrate Primaris thus counteracting the whole deal

Crimson Fists going by those boxes

I decided to do only official chapters. That, and the Angry Marines are an outdated meme now after all.

you sure you accounted orders for scions ?

Starting a IG army here, is 3 or so valkyries with scions in them at all viable? Still planning how I will form and I like the idea of filling up the sky with drop troopers, also I am torn between 2 super heavy tanks should I form over the money for a Baneblade or a Stormlord?

Its a bit big for that.

Don't know about the valkyries but you could just by a Baneblade and count it as the other variants.

Most people aren't spergy enough to make a big deal out of it.

Xth for these fuckers need to come out already

Stormlord is great, moreso if filles up with HWTs

Valks with scions look good, but it has to be said that taurox primes are one of the best transports in the game.

Consider Elysians for cheaper (point-wise) drop troopers. I love their sniper teams in particular.

Does anyone have the new primaris pictures? Also do we have any idea on when we will get a multipart intercessors kit?

Hydras are great to counter Flyer spam. Basilisks are cheaper if you need the points. They also fire all game.

>1750pts

You mean this one?

Thats how they get the reroll 1 to hit.

my numbers and assumptions were:

4 Plasma guns, rapid fire range, Take aim!
Which amounted to.
>8 Shots
>hitting on 3+ (5.3) reroll 1's (6.2)
>wounding all (GEQ/MEQ/TEQ) on 2+ as Str8 is double T4 = 5.16
>TEQ reduces to 3.5
>MEQ reduces to 4.3
>GEQ doesn't get save and takes full 5.16

Compared to 12 Plasma pistols, and Captain for reroll 1s to hit.
>12 shots on 3+, reroll 1s = 9.3
>9.3 hits becomes 7.7 wounds
>TEQ = 5.18
>MEQ = 6.4
>GEQ = 9.3

Well look at that, I got different results. I knew I fucked something up the first time.

why take valkyries if you got an inbuilt option (that you pay for) for deepstriking ?

Paint so thick your guys have a 2+ save

Which HWT inside a stormlord ?

TEQ wounds whould be doubled if you are overcharging.

this are the new sets, want pics?

Oi yes....

What is the central model. Looks like a badass unit

>Plus, Lias can't infiltrate Primaris thus counteracting the whole deal
Who cares, once the Codex is out Raven Guard Stratagem can infiltrate Primaris.

Kek

Why are manlet dreads so inferior?

Those guys who've been building 10 dreadnought armies are going to have to sell them now to afford their 10 Chad dreads.

I should have added that in brackets I guess, I left it out to keep it consistent, as some units dont fit the sterotypes such as nobs who have less saves but more wounds.

Even in death they will never learn