What is the best way to run a grimCUTE setting?

What is the best way to run a grimCUTE setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Humans#cite_note-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nechronica.

Perhaps MAID.

alternatively, what are some story elements i could build into the setting if i set surreal high fantasy as the upper limit of crazy shit?

Cute > Grim

Non-violent game set in grim setting (e.g. Golden Sky Stories or Ryuutama-esque campaign set in post-apocalypse).

Grim > Cute

Cute creatures doing grim things (e.g. Mouse guard),

That's about it.

Use Mouseguard.

Engine Heart.

What? There is nothing grim about love.

I don't know why it took me so long to find out that the brave little toaster is a girl.

The grave little toaster is a girl?!

>grave little toaster
Speaking about grimdark.

fpbp

Wat
He's not fucking it, he tries to commit suicide

Nechronica. It's literally made for it.

Pic related.

Who is this?

Cute things doing grim things

e.g. Watership Down

It's a character from Made in Abyss. Manga is still ongoing, and there is also anime series airing right now.

She a cutesy rabbit girl who used to be human but she was tortured and had all her suffering force-fed into her best friend until she turned into a calloused, ptsd suffering psychic bunny and her friend became '-and I must scream'

Fucking dark, that comic. Makes me wonder if the anime will be a repeat of Shadow Star, where it got canned before it was finished simply because it got to dark and graphic

>Being tortured turns you into a furry

Really, use mouseguard

That sounds pretty hot.

Do Toasters even have genders?

a horrifying bunny mutant

A bunny mutant with polarized eyes like an octopus that let her see the primary conceit of the series, which is invisible to normal humans.

>but she was tortured and had all her suffering force-fed into her best friend

They dipped her and her best friend into the NOT-Warp for an experiment to make humans immune to the NOT-Warp because NOT-Josef Mengele came up with an idea how he could channel the terrible side-effects from two people getting a warp-bath onto just one person.

She turned into some weird bunny mutant, her friend turned into a barely-sentient fleshblob who is in constant agony.

She should have gotten one of these.

user, he's saying that the character The Brave Little Toaster is a female. This statement is unrelated to the picture No one thinks that Rob is having sex with Toaster in the image.

I fucking love nechronica

>dolls going crazy segues right into dolls being /u/ depending on the fetter

Undertale.

>She turned into some weird bunny mutant, her friend turned into a barely-sentient fleshblob who is in constant agony.
So what you're saying is that... it worked?

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ______

You're a sicko user

It worked in that it created useful scientific data, including revealing the existence of the "blessing" of the NOT-Warp, but it wasn't actually successful in finding a way to shield humans from the NOT-Warp.

>dude draws legit great lolis
>everyone focuses on the furry abomination

I'd hardly call Undertale "grim". If the determination turned into some kind of virus though, then it would be pretty grim

It is when you consider that six children have been murdered (and that's canon), or that even a hug or cleaning you receive from the monsters can result in death.

And I didn't even talk about the amalgates and Alphys experiments.

Touhou, but the players are all regular humans.

into traffic

By reporting anime threads

Bondrewd is a monster and should suffer forever

He lost his 'blessing' within minutes of gaining it. That shit is going to eat at him, if nothing else.

Humans, not children. And Mario dies when you fall down a pit. Does that mean Mario is grim? You're calling it grim because you're a neckbeard autist.

>Humans, not children.
undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Humans#cite_note-0

When Mario dies he doesn't stay permanently dead like what happened to the children.

>When Mario dies he doesn't stay permanently dead
Neither do koopas. In a way that makes the whole thing even more horrifying.

>Implying the whole thing isn't staged because Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and everyone else didn't get bored and the whole save the princess thing is the only thing interesting that ever happens on a regular basis.

How is it more horrifying?

The fact remains that children were murdered on canon in Undertale, and that thing never happened on Mario. The monsters killed small kids and many of them want to do the same with you as well.

No it's a murder-suicide. Toaster was scared of water.

the fact that a koopa troopa, by that logic, has an existence of nearly endless dying, over and over.

Warhammer 40Kittens

> "In the soft fuzziness of the distant future, there are only kittens."

The IMPAWRIUM OF CAT is held together only by the Empurror napping in his Golden Basket. Together with his legions, the Space Meowrines, he led the Great Clawsade to retake the galaxy from infurior xeno scum: the mysterious Taildar, technophile Konnichi-paws, and cunningly brutal Pugs.

But then catastrophy struck. His chosen litter, the Pawmarchs, were scattered across the galaxy by the forces of the Claw-os gods: the bloody Cornish Rex, the scheming Lyynx, the seductive Snowshoe, and the insufferably cute Nermal.

One by one, with the help of his psychic companion Meowcadorable, the Empurror retrieved his sons: Furrus Manus, Purrturabo, Lion El'Lion, Longhair Russ, Magnus the Ginger, Grizabella, Rum Tum Tugger, and Calicorax.

But the most clawful betrayal of all was when the Empurror's favorite son, Adorus, fell to Claw-os along with half the pawmarchs. The Empurror defeated Adorus in a terrible catfight, but was so injured that he fell into an endless naptime - one that may last fur-ever.

> The future is now a dark tail of strife. There is no naptime among the stars, only an eternity of scratching, grooming, and the mewing of thirsty kittens.

good god

They don't die, they are defeated.

Didn't you play Paper Mario? Just because they disappear doesn't mean they died.