Can anyone explain this eldar/Ultramarines thing in 8td edition to me? Are Eldar allies with the imperium now...

Can anyone explain this eldar/Ultramarines thing in 8td edition to me? Are Eldar allies with the imperium now? Is Guilliman smashing xeno ass?

A gary-stu needs his waifu

But why? Whats the fluff reason for a primarch to interact with xenos all of the sudden?

Wasn't the Emperor cool with xenos that weren't actively trying to kill off humanity?

I assume a lot of Bobby G's opinions are more in line with Emps' than what ten thousand years of cargo cults has caused people to think Emps wanted.

To be fair the only reason he isn't still in a casket is because of her. I don't get the whole waifu thing, and im pretty sure that at least ain't cannon, but since he was revived thanks to the Yannari I'm pretty sure they are at least on decent terms with him and his regime.

Both of them are absolutely terrible.

Make me glad to have been out of the game before they showed up.

Enlighten me, why did the Eldar revive him?

>Wasn't the Emperor cool with xenos that weren't actively trying to kill off humanity?

No, not really.

His idea of a generous deal was demanding that they demilitarize totally, confine themselves to their homeworlds and do exactly what they are told when they are told by their human slave masters. Failure to surrender and comply to any order totally and unconditionally would result in extermination.

The reason the Eldar and the Imperium are drawing together is because Chaos is ascendant at the moment. The relation between the Imperium and the Eldar is one of disdain and rivalry, but Chaos is an existential threat that could lead to the extinction of the both the Eldar as a race and the Imperium as a power-structure. To borrow terms from real-like geopolitical strategy, they're not natural allies but allies of necessity, like the US and Soviet Union during WW2.

I'd be willing to wager that once the warp storms die down and the forces of Chaos are put in their place we'll be back at each other's throats again in no time.

There is no sex happening between them, it's just some fanfiction by Imperium-fags sperging over the fact that Eldar once again manipulate humans to do their dirty work.

>Can anyone explain this eldar/Ultramarines thing in 8td edition to me?
The eldar had a hand in reviving guilliman, but beyond that the two parties view each other with continued distrust.

of course that means people will desperately write fanfiction about it actually being twoo love

So this shit aint cannon?

Only behind closed doors.

Of course it's not. Deviantart and fanfiction.com were never canon.

In GS 2 Eldrad, Yvraine and the Biel-Tan Autarch that followed them basically agreed that the humans could take a lot of heat off the Eldar if they only had a figurehead to rally around and get their shit together.

It's just a step up from the usual cat's paw hijinks.

shit was going south real fast, and as usual when shit goes south for the eldar they look for some humans they can use as meatshields. Since their meatshields didn't seem up to the job, they decided to revive themselves a better meatshield. And blue boy's impressive physique and empty cranium make him an excellent meatshield.

>His idea of a generous deal was demanding that they demilitarize totally, confine themselves to their homeworlds and do exactly what they are told when they are told by their human slave masters. Failure to surrender and comply to any order totally and unconditionally would result in extermination.
But that's not true

Shhhh don't question the anti imperial propaganda, accept our reasoning blindly and turn on your fellows. You know you want to.

It also seems that Bobby has healthy respect for the Eldar, if not trust.

>if not trust
Except he outright implies that he doesn't, if you read the last paragraph.

>That watermark
Really? You're afraid someone's gonna steal that shit?

Gully mang looks too retarded to understand any sexual advances that xenos makes.
At most she can Forrest Gump him into a towel.

>Wasn't the Emperor cool with xenos that weren't actively trying to kill off humanity?

Yes. No one touches the Slaan to this day. Emps met them, they were totally passive, he left.

Can you cite an instance where it's not true?

The Emperor has ordered aliens killed FOR HELPING HUMANS.

Re-read what I wrote please. That's exactly what I said.

People fantasizing about the sex lives of their plastic toys.

Honestly this is worse than furfags

>So this shit aint cannon?
Cute and cannon, user.

Also aside from grimdarknes there is no real reason for humans, eldar and tau to be enemies when necrons want to kill/enslave all life, nids wants to eat all life and chaos wants to destroy reality itself.

This is not canon at all.

People fantasize about sex lives of video game characters.

Don't forget about all the Orks just trying to have a good time.

>40k fluff has devolved from background writings and sometimes questionable Black Library books into shitty "narrative" $50 campaign books and even worse BL limited edition dog shit

Sad

an exaggeration of how Guilliman allied with the Ynnari for a while after they brought him back to life with Cawl.

Guilliman also ends up agreeing with captain Ventris when he says "I've seen xenos act with more humanity than some humans", this is probably intended to show how much Guilliman thinks humanity has fallen since the Heresy but people took it to mean he's an eldar fucker. Which he probably still is, its confirmed he can leave his armor in Dark Imperium.

It's much like the shield of civilization negotiation boost you can get in total war hammer when playing as a good guy race

Yeah, it wasn't a compliment to the eldar so much as it was a gripe about how shitty humankind has fallen, he helps not because he thinks we deserve it but because it's his fucking job to drag us kicking and screaming back to sanity

Nah. Or at least, fluff is inconsistent. A huge part of Horus's fall from grace was a result of encountering the Interex, a human-alien alliance that was peaceful and technologically advanced. He knew standing orders were "KILL ALL ALIENS", but seeing that the Emperor's orders were not necessarily purely rational *or* moral made him start to question the Imperium as a whole.
Other hand, the Imperium seems to have spared alien races at various times, particularly non-starfaring ones. So pick your own fluff I guess?

Horus Heresy?

You know, when the Space Wolves were kicking it with the Eldar who were quite suspicious because they could tell someone among the legion was chaos touched, who ended up fucking relations with the Eldar completely when what's his face, butt buddy's with Horus stole their artifact of fuck you prison shank, which "confirmed" their suspicion that Humans couldn't be trusted for colluding with Chaos.

Back when humanity was literally breaking bread with the Eldar who were open to the idea of fucking Chaos scum with the humies.

>It also seems that Bobby has healthy respect for the Eldar, if not trust
>It also seems that Bobby has healthy respect for the Eldar, maybe even trust
Those two sentences mean the same thing. So no, it's not what you said.

And yet when the Tau were first seen throwing rocks at eachother they were slated for extinction, also the Interex did nearly manage an alliance with the inperium, but alas Kor phaeron had to get involved and fooled them into war

Except that's not at fucking all what happened?

The Interex were humans so they never went there to exterminate them. In fact aside from the awkward "uh yeah we're the Imperium and you're ours now", the only hostilities came after Erebus stole the Anathame and the Interex blamed the Luna Wolves, thinking they had fallen to Chaos already.

It's better than AoS """art""".

If you're looking for good lore in modern 40k you're barking up the wrong tree...
Plot hose you could drive convoys of land raiders through , timeline/ continuity impossibilities which make the term deus ex machina seem like the understatement of the century , mary sue gary stu characters with zero character development to bring them past being 2-d cardboard cutouts " cough robot gorillaman and bellagio crawdad cough"

The lore was ok, then 8th came around and the writers essentially said "fuck it , it's another paycheck." while downing quite an irresponsible amount of beer while at the pub lazily typing the story int either a tablet or a laptop.
As much as the rabid fanbois and new players / reader may want to deny it , this is every bit as bad as the End Times was for Warhammer Fantasy.

It pains me to see it like this .

Just realized that Guilliman has baby hand.

What would be their children's name?

That was not the Eldar. That was the...Interex, I think? A human bunch who knew about 'Kaos' and were cool dudes and all that shit.

Aeneas/Julus/Ascanius/Morelion if boy.
Rhea/Melpomene/Julia/Astarielle if girl.

He meant bitchfaggot Fulgrim.

Notte Kanon.

Basically, a super sexy Eldar who went from craftworld to Comorrgah woke up the Eldar Deity of Literally Dungeons and Dragons Cleric magic and was on the run from the Edgemaster of the Webways run-down red-light distrcit back alley ghetto of the universe all whilst trying to start a new cult, and their deity was all like, "You're kind of fucked, bend over for mankind and bring back girlyman because then I can siphon Ultraweenie hype-meme power to get to my desired power level my dear herald high cleric girl."

So Yvarine goes to Ultramar and brings back the Spiritual liege, and they exchange words, but keep each other at arms length wishing each other luck, leaving it at that because that's how things went in DOW and the Imperium as a whole is still buttblasted about Deldar and the age of strife with the Iron men, and then the Spiritual liege learns he's stuck in his armour, but then a book after they retconned that just to write a paragraph of him finally walking in Maccragge in the nude again to register his cock-size to the imperium so no more religious wars would occur on whether or not to legislate the production of Roman-esque appreciative nude statues of Guilliman and the other loyal Primarchs with people arguing over the average Primarch cock-size based on projected sizes from their infant medical records once held under Terra itself from what they would grow up to be so they can determine the correct Average Primarch cock-size, and which one was the most well-endowed of all the Emperor's servants.

Yvraine is wondering if the entire Eldar can't fuck humans thing is some bullshit Biel-tan and a few other "Just fuck my shit up" tier Craftworlds came up with to preserve their stillborn dying culture and is also wondering when Ynnead will Order her to marry Guiliman for the good of the species, seeing as he'd probably be able to make it work because Life powers and shit.

Ynnead's lot have a Eldar Harlequin esque relation with the imperials now.

Oh, and the Emperor had a batshit insane Doctor Octopus Scientist hidden behind everyone's back who terrifyingly has all the Gene-seed, including the ones to the Legions only spoken in baited breath (the two expunged) fixed the Spess marines to have all organs working, so they can now bust a nut opposed the marinlets, and they were all in his back garage awaiting approval order because he's so loyal and stuff, with said marines being Pre-heresy Marines who were specially selected for the procedure and missed out on all the fun, so they've got the better perspective in the fucked dystopian world of 40k.

Next to looking cool, the Chaplains shit all over all chaplains that have ever existed ever.

Fabious Bile is basically going to be this guys counter, who will probably make Chaos Primaris: Bob's back-yard ghetto frug-lab edition, now with unpredictable psyker and primarch clones edition

So do they actually have a chapter describing UltraPrimarch's man meat?
I need to know.
For Science.

>Yvraine is wondering if the entire Eldar can't fuck humans thing is some bullshit Biel-tan and a few other "Just fuck my shit up" tier Craftworlds came up with to preserve their stillborn dying culture
Well yes, much like the "Oh you silly Mon Keigh cannot possibly comprehend our thought process" Despite silly Mon Keigh very much understanding and sometimes outsmarting them.

Humans are what you make of them. Take a human and let them just chill on an agri-world for thirty years and they will most likely be happy occasionally violent hicks with little to know higher thoughts about the world or its workings.
Take a human and stick them in the Schola Progenum and wow you have an intelligent creature all of a sudden.
Even more so with augmetics.

Eldar have the advantage of just not aging past their prime so they get all the accumulated knowledge and training that would come about with thousands of years of experience.

>Marry Guiliman for the good of the species
>For the good of the species
Surrrrrre

No, only fact that Guilliman never sleeps for unknown reason.

>Oh, and the Emperor had a batshit insane Doctor Octopus Scientist hidden behind everyone's back
Not so much "Hidden behind everyone's back" and more "Hidden by the sheer size of the Emperor's toybox"

The Tech priests of mars cannot even access all the data archives in their own planet because 70% of the interior is still unclaimed and dangerous. The Emps put his top scientist on a project 10,000 years ago and no one has found him because
A-no one even knew here was there
B-The Imperium's ruins are so vast that you would have never stumbled upon him unless he wanted to be found or you knew exactly where to look to begin with.

>so they can now bust a nut opposed the marinlets,
I'm okay with progress being made in 40K, I'm actually glad that a spark of the original secular Empire of Humanity has survived and has now surfaced.

>and they were all in his back garage awaiting approval order because he's so loyal and stuff, with said marines being Pre-heresy Marines who were specially selected for the procedure and missed out on all the fun, so they've got the better perspective in the fucked dystopian world of 40k.
Oh boy, its like "Emperor's text to speech" all over again

That's all so incredibly retarded.

To be fair, it is an important subject relating to the Imperial Faith and Ecclesiarchy as a whole.

Oh, and they reconnected Emps being a Nice guy with bad social skills, he's now an asshole who never reconcilliated anyone's feelings, letting them love him as they pleased as it benefited his endgame, and only saw his sons as tools.

Which is hilariously bad, because they are tools anyway, and should have been able to acknowledge that, which is even sillier because Horus switching sides was based on that exact premise next to his comatose brainwashhing, and even then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that in the event that the war ending or getting to be barely an issue, the Primarchs would run out of stuff to do anyway, so it's a pretty dull point barring a few of the specialized sons. They were made for his armies, were intended to be raised by him before scattering, and also because Emps never called back after the first night and the Sensei became a thing later on. So, them becoming discarded was kind of going to happen anyway.

You've got to wonder why that fucking planet hasn't been given the space hulk treatment yet, it basically is SPACE HULK THE PLANET, with the Void Dragon as the final boss.

Also, to note, seeing a Girlyman is on his current hype train with his hype Matt-wardian power armour and Legion captains and "Literally talked to the hive-mind" Psyker dude and is treated as a demi-god, be is probably going to take a visit to FUCKING MOLOCH and get that emps/Horus-tier power boost, and things will go fullblown End-times/Sigmarines from there on out.

I think he got into fisticuffs with Magnus and Fullgay again, but I'm a bit hazy on that next to him displacing papa-smurf who's looking to get Demoted as Sicarius opens his jaws to claim his prey.

>Surrrrrre
But user, how else will they create the Primaeldari super-demigods, for then hand Chaos it's own ass?

>Bob's
>Calling Fabius Bile "Bob"
THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?!

>You've got to wonder why that fucking planet hasn't been given the space hulk treatment yet, it basically is SPACE HULK THE PLANET, with the Void Dragon as the final boss.
Because the Tech priests won't let anyone near it
If you piss off Mars, then the Imperium loses all of its military power. So you cannot force them to do anything. The AM is pretty much a separate symbiotic political/religious entity embedded within the Imperium that uses their infastructure and manpower to protect themselves while they attempt to dig up the glories of the past.

If you attempt to send foreign forces to Mars, they will refuse to let them in the front door for fear of the unenlightened goons smashing a 10,000 year old floppy disk with some priceless schematics on it (which are likely corrupted in every sense of the word)

If you try to force your way through the gates you have to deal with Skittarii, then deal with all of your combat engineers quitting or outright sabotaging your weapons/mechanized divisions.

The AM basically gets to do what it wants because they have the IoM by the short and curlys

Important question, are human/eldar hybrids subject to Slaanesh automatically getting their souls upon death? And if so what percentage of human/eldar hybrid would be necessary to cancel that out?

Because if the Eldar care at all for their offspring, this is a way to save them.

That, and technically bring their reproductive system back up to scratch.

>You've got to wonder why that fucking planet hasn't been given the space hulk treatment yet
because mechanicus didn't get a proper tabletop representation until very, very recently

a space crusade style board game about imperial search teams exploring the caverns of mars would be pretty great, though

Considering the new scenario, very surely their souls would be bound to Ynnead from birth.

>Ynnead
Better than Slaanesh

Okay Eldar, the ball is literally in your court, its beedin' time

>bring their reproductive system back up to scratch.
Yeah, I'm a little fuzzy on this.
How did the eldar ruin their reproductive cycle exactly?
I know they created Slaanesh though the psychic residue of their constant and insatiable 'ahem' appetites/actions but how did that destroy their fun bits?
Are they infertile or can they just not get exited enough for them to work? And if that was the case why not just extract the eggs/sperm and vat grow some eldar kids?

I know eldar males have to deposit genetic material multiple times in stages (which makes it entirely possible to have two fathers and one mother)

>and only saw his sons as tools.
Erm, that was always part and parcel of Emperor's endgame - anything and everything was a tool to be sacrificed at the task of securing Humanity. People fail to see that for a nearly limitless power that the Emperor had, he decided to throw his lot in the little man and the things he put the primarchs through what sparked Heresy - the inevitability of forcing his demigods to bow down to the needs and priorities of mortals, just like God did with Lucifer, who refused to do it.

Seeing how Emperor is effectively stuck in "I have no mouth" mode, his sacrifice is infinitely more important and valuable than whatever Primarchs had to offer, given that mortals are doing all the work, 10k years on.

>are human/eldar hybrids
Doesn't matter, they don't exist in the current lore and there is no good reason for them ever being a thing.
>Because if the Eldar care at all for their offspring, this is a way to save them
I see this plenty of time, but don't get it. This would destroy the Eldar. This is literally killing them off. Eldar want the galaxy for themsleves, not for some mongrel race. And breeding other races out of existence was never their strategy, yet they still managed to rule the galaxy for such a long time.

It isn't fucked by any means. It's just that CWE need soulstones for every born Eldar and these don't grow on trees. They can reproduce beyond that just fine.

Oh, and they reconnected Emps being a Nice guy with bad social skills, he's now an asshole who never reconcilliated anyone's feelings, letting them love him as they pleased as it benefited his endgame, and only saw his sons as tools.
Fucking god damnit, this is almost as bad as when they said Ollianus Pius was a perpetual and not just a normal human.
>Hurr normal humanz not epic enuf! they needs ta be BIGGER and BADDER!
Literally the scrawling of a toddler

>Eldar want the galaxy for themsleves
Too bad, they fucked that up (literally) through excess, lack of imagination, and their own inability to control their greed. They had the keys to the kingdom and showed they were not worthy. At least not in their current state.

>yet they still managed to rule the galaxy for such a long time.
>managed
Managed? They were given immortality, god tier tech, perfection of physical form (to some extent) and every conceivable advantage. They "managed" to win because they were literally built to. If anything, its a surprise they "managed" to screw it up. They created gods with reality bending power to help them, and still "managed" to lose their empire.

>no good reason for them ever being a thing.
>no good reason
>human/eldar crossbreeds
I can think of a few reasons for them to exist...

How about Eldar only give soulstones to their warriors? And the civilians who aren't in high risk positions just have to do without?

Time they spend being superior to everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> time they don't. This is a bit speculation and fanwanking, so please don't take this completely serious, but according to this, there is a higher chance that the future will be Eldar than anything else and this time being nothing but a footnote in their long and glorious history.

Anyone needs one as soon as they are born. You can't just hand them out to those you seem worthy.

>empty cranium
Isn't he the finest strategist the Imperium has ever seen?

The discovery of the Tau was around M35, well after the heresy.

>Time they spend being superior to everyone else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> time they don't.
True, they have been around for so long that this would seem like a temporary setback. This tiny 10,000 year old conflict is nothing compared to the war in the heavens. So if the eldar do managed to stick it out for long enough to make a comeback it will be a minor inconvenience to them.

>Hey, remember those Mon Keigh things that kind of looked like us?
>Not really, that was like 100,000 years ago,
>Yeah, not really that important
>Yeah, fads man, they just come and go

If you are talking about Robute Guilliman, then yes. He wrote a big book o' war that covers every possible scenario you may encounter in the field.

The Interex were a human-alien alliance. Remember, the Luna Wolves start to freak out when they realize that the Interex have aliens in their diplomatic party. Iirc, Abaddon basically says "Welp, we gotta kill them all now," and it's Horus who wants to talk things out before it gets all screwed up. There's even a conversation about how the Imperium has basically only encountered hostile species, while the Interex claim to have had much more peaceful interactions.
Yeah. Part of that I think might be because the Tau homeworld is a good place for colonizing, and the Tau were basically in the way.

You gotta remember, this is compared to SUPERIORU ELDARU INTELLECTURU

>That odd foot.

It's on tiptoe idiot

People that hate GW just can't stop talking about GW.

Nigga im talking about how its drawn at an odd angle and how it looks too large.

Oh suddenly you're Mr. Eldar Ankle Doctor.

Yeah, but that is only when compared to the rest of the setting.

>foot
Not the helmet with ears?

>mfw now Eldar aren't only jobbers, but cock-sleeves also
>mfw people still say the setting isn't about humans

Things just get better and better.

You do realize that Rowboat is going to join the Tau Empire, as it more closely resembles the values he and the emperor shared, right?

if only

Not likely.

>as it more closely resembles the values he and the emperor shared, right?

It literally doesn't. The Emperor didn't want to be an Ethereal nor did he want castes. He wanted all of mankind to survive long enough to all develop into Ethereals and prosper.

Are YOU stupid enough to think Ethereals want every Tau to be an equal Ethereal? Probably are, faggot.

Ghengis Fuckears

>there is no real reason for humans, eldar and tau to be enemies

Except for the fact that the Eldar thing they are the Old Ones gift to the universe, and they screwed the universe over so colossally that they literally fucked a Chaos God into existence, and then fuck with other races because they're assblasted they're not winning anymore?

And the fact that the Tau fundamentally do not understand the nature of the Chaos and the galaxy, and are hurtling down the path of an Iron Man rebellion on a jet engine strapped to a four-wheeler with flagrant disregard to consequences?

Really? He's supposed to be great at organising, logistics, and, yeah, tactics; especially when compared to his brothers, but is he supposed to be better strategist than Creed? Or Solar Macharius?

Ynnari are don't required to wear soulstones.

She wanted big bobby d

Fuck everything.

all according to keaiku

Actually, this is adorable as it can get.

Fuck grimdarkness.

yes