Could the best of the best astartes beat a primarch in a 1 on 1 duel

could Sigsimund,Lucius, Loken etc. of been able to best Sanguinius, Angron etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!spwHRT7L
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't Luther beat The Lion in a fair 1 on 1 duel?

Outside of special circumstances, such as one of them being Dreadnaught or the other one being fag-ass painting, no.

Well didn't Luther best the Lion

and didn't a female assassin, M'shen destroy Curze in a fight as well

it's rare, but it can happen

Curze wanted to die

>He was just pretending to be retarded

M'shen was considered the best assassin...she straight up murked curze

or are you saying Curze let her kill him?

It was implied Curze let her kill him

I imagine some chapter masters could

Kaldor Draigo could probably lay the smack down if his ridiculous backstory hasn't been retconned.

You are asking if a glorious human being at peak performance could beat a mutant who is a junkie and gets strenght from drugs? The answer is yes, take Sly Marbo for example he could shread 1000 marines no problem. Emperor is more proud of non-mutants than mutants, now begone mutant scum.

A couple of the best astartes could fight and kill a couple of the worst primarchs.

No astartes can 1v1 Sanguinius, Angron, Horus, Leman Russ, Fulgrim, Rogal Dorn, Jaghatai Khan.

I doubt any astartes could beat Ferrus Manus, Roboute Guilliman, Magnus the Red, Alpharius Omegon (or a ton of astartes can and have beaten Alpharius).

I could imagine Vulkan, Lion El' Jonson, Perturabo, Mortarion, Lorgar, Konrad Curze and Corax possibly being taken out by the very best astartes.

Depends what era of fluff we're operating in.

A long time ago when Primarchs had approximately the same physical prowess as a custodes but their own minds and wills, yes.
Now that primarchs wouldn't fit inside land raiders I am not so sure.

Luther was had fucking psychic warp powers, man.

Isn't the Lion supposed to be one of the best duelists among the Primarchs?

It's opinion, suck it and make your own

Sigismund is in a class of his own. Death's Champion and all that.

I think Sigismund *might* win against Lorgar, Omegon, Alpharius or Guilliman. If he got *very* lucky. Smart money would be on the Primarch, but Sigismund would have shot.

Any other Astartes? No. Any other Primarch? No.

Any other Primarch? No.

>Vulkan
>canonically one of the physically strongest if not the strongest primarchs

Strongest
Ferrus Manus
Head cut off

yeah by fulgrim

No

Yea, granted I have kept up with current updates in fluff, but last I remember Curze knew she was coming and she found him just chilling out and let her.

Sigsimund is a beast but he would get wrecked by any of the combat primarchs

Unless it's been retconned, Lion is as good as Leman Russ (Russ being slightly stronger, Lion slightly faster) according to that fluff where they beat the shit out of each other because Lion killed some warlord who insulted Russ before he had a chance to.

Whenever Space Wolves and Dark Angels encounter each other they're supposed to nominate a champion each to fight each other as a callback to their primarchs' fight.

Didn't the head of the Custodes wreck Horus in a 1v1 back before he was amped up on chaos juice?

Mortarion? are you fucking serious?!

Curze lowered all his defences, told his legion not to avenge him (although they all go batshit when M'Shen takes Night Lord relics during her escape and Talos ends up killing her), then let himself get killed as a last fuck you to his dad.

He got his ass handed to him by Konrad and Russ before sucker punching/stabbing them like a coward

Even after getting Daemon Princed, Mortarion gets his shit kicked in more often than not. Angron took 100 Grey knight Terminators to down. North died to one.

>North
*Morty. Fucking phone.

Being a demon prince doesnt make them any stronger than they were before. In many cases it males them weaker

The Russ fight was a draw. Russ calls the fight off and laughs at how silly they are for fighting, which is when Lion sucker punches him the fuck out for attacking him in the first place.

Don't remember him losing to Curze, but he fucking wrecks him at the start of Prince of Crows to the point where his apothecaries have absolutely no idea what the fuck to do to keep him alive given he's got dozens of wounds that would straight up kill a regular astartes.

Russ had the finisher lined up, thats when he stopped and realized how dumb it was.

Sure he did yiff

Not an argument.

>People actually believe this...

A low effort statement gets a low effort reply. What's the source for this finisher?

Valdor beat Horus in a duel, it's what caused Russ to bro out of valdor

>That list

You guys are actually brainless. Corax alone one of the weaker h2h primarchs absolutely destroyed an army of iron warriors. I'll give you a quick list of feats from that one engagement where he was outnumbered nearly 1k to 1 plus vehicles.

>moves fast enough to ddge bolter fire
>Tanks countless bolters trained on him
>Tanks a melta to the chest
>Throws a fucking stone into an iron warriors exposed throat and out the otherside of his fucking power armor
>Grabs a krak grenade and stuffs it through an iron warriors power armor leaving his hand in there while it explodes
>Pulls out his powerwhip and absolutely murderfucks them
>Peels a tank open and murderfucks the crew

A guardsman stands a better chance at beating an astartes in h2h. Even lorgar was tossing astartes aside.

Leman Russ:The Great Wolf

Prove me wrong

Second tier duelist at best. Got his ass handed to him by every brother he tried.

I agree. Lion was not a good fighter.

Burden of proof is on those proposing a bullshit. Get off your ass and get to citing, faggot.

Angron and his greater demon bodyguard got shrekt by gray knights. Non demon angry ron who didnt use a body guard would have torn them apart

Oh so the one where Russ himself admits he lost?

Sigismund and probably Sevetar could put up a decent fight against a weak primarch. But that's as rare as a guardsmen besting a marine, which has happend before but is very rare.

Verily even a common battle brother bearing the pure and most blessed geneseed on Roboute Guilliman could easily defeat a primarch of one of the lesser legions, for the sons of Ultramar represent the pinnacle of the angels of death and are looked upon with envy and awe by their base kindred.

Yes, the one that also shows Russ had the killing shot lined up

>Besting Lorgar
In a duel, maybe. In an actual fight, that's a recipe for having your upcoming demise calmly explained to you before he predicts and counters your every blow with psykery, or just throws up a kine shield before ModernArtifying your body worse than Colossus in Uber.

I'm not even a Primarch fan, I play Admech for preference and dislike the snowflakeness, but psykers be bullshit, man.
Otherwise, a victory is possible, they're no way immortal since Guilliman admits a bolter round to the head for him would be game over, straight up. Unless it's Morty, anyway, he who tanks a Predator Cannon that melts his armour over him and continues to keep on reapin'.

t. papa smurf

Is Morty as resistant to psykers as Russ?

resistant? Russ isn't resistant, he had his hand held by the best company of sisters of silence money can buy, all the primarchs would get rekt in a no holds barred with magnus and lorgar.

Horus. Magnus, Sang, and to a lesser extent Angron are at the top

Russ, Lion, Fulgrim and the Khan are near the top

Dorn, Pert, Vulkan, Corax and Mort are average

Lorgar, Curze, and Alpharius are the bottom

>Grabs a krak grenade and stuffs it through an iron warriors power armor leaving his hand in there while it explodes

Christ, and I thought Fulgrim choking out an avatar and not melting his hands was bullshit. How durable is primarch skin supposed to be?

Forgot Gulliman, he's average as well

What? The sisters werent everywhere. Russ is seen walking through psychic attacks like walking through rain

>Sevetar could put up a decent fight against a weak primarch

Go home, ADB. You're drunk.

If Sigismund would at least a protracted duel with one Sev should be able too as well

I agree Corax is one of the average/weaker Primarchs, but he actually considers himself a good fighter, and only counts a couple Primarchs as better than him (like Sanguinius, etc).

I think Corax might be underrated and simply have no good written feats and maybe he's actually not meant to be as shitty as he is currently is?

Anyone got a PDF of prince of crows?

>killing alpharius

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!spwHRT7L

Didn't Curze beat the shit out of Girlyman AND the Lion at the same time before getting BANED by Lion?

>pic
What in the actual fuck

Through sheer hate, basically, but close. In fact, on the tabletop he's considerably more so due to Russ only having the base Adamantium Will and Morty getting Witch-Spite, which lets him negate powers targeted at him.

Honestly I rank him up there as one of the worst to fight, since most anything within arms reach of a Primarch is dead regardless of what power level they are among themselves, his scythe gives him a pretty respectable reach, he has an energy blaster (that he's good enough with that he once decided that some Astartes weren't worth reaping and did a CHALLENGE RUN, fighting his way through the entire ship while only going for Lantern headshots), he WONT FUCKING DIE and he sodding TELEPORTS. The entire battle would be like Vader showing up in Rogue One, except immeasurably worse for his enemies.

Sevatar fought him to a standstill until he got bored and quit.

It makes you stronger physically, but if someone knows your true name they can now bend you over a post.

Curze seems to be really inconsistent with his power level.

But for what its worth hes my 3rd or 4th favorite primarch. Ferrus Manus > Alpharius / Omegon > Konrad Curze

It also means you're entirely reliant on mortal assistance to maintain your physical form.

>he has an energy blaster (that he's good enough with that he once decided that some Astartes weren't worth reaping and did a CHALLENGE RUN, fighting his way through the entire ship while only going for Lantern headshots)

That sounds hilarious. What book is that in?

Didn't Curze get the shit kicked out of him by a naked, recently-tortured-to-death-repeatedly Vulcan once? Guy's pretty bottom of the barrel.

Just read it, Russ thinks he can win and might have a fair chance to be sure, but it's very different to having a killing shot lined up.
That fight could have gone to either of them had it continued

Guilliman is one of the est duelists, mate.

dog fucker detected

I misremembered, it was some xenos, not Astartes. Still, pretty fucking scary sounding Xenos.
The Flight of the Eisenstein. When mowing down the Jorgall he decides that they're unworthy of being killed by his Manreaper, so he pulls out the Lantern and starts going full Superhot on them. All headshots, all the time.

Wiki's brief description of the Jorgall:

>The Jorgall were radially symmetrical with three arms and legs, scaly and horned skin, and an egg-shaped head with fleshy notches for mouths and noses atop an extensible neck. The nervous system was centralized in the torso and their circulatory systems pumped foul-smelling crimson blood. A mature adult stood 4.5 metres tall. All Jorgalli encountered had extensive cybernetic augmentation including wheels for feet, claws for hands, teleoptic cameras in place of eyes, subdermal armour, or implanted needler weapons. A group encountered by the Death Guard had two legs replaced with wings. The children of the race possess psychic abilities, which may be lost once they reach adulthood.

Curze's strength is very much dependent on whether he gets the drop on people.
If he has the initiative, he can win 2v1s.
If he has to react, he gets fucked up hard. In your average duel he's garbage.

source?

Homo sexual traitor detected

Clearly has no idea

We must have been reading different things with Lion/Curze. There are two times I'm thinking of. In Savage Weapons, it was basically a draw (been a while since I've read it, so I could be misremembering). And in Angels of Caliban, the Lion absolutely packs Konrad's shit in.

It's from Uber, a comic book in which superhumans are discovered by Nazi Germany in the waning days of WW2. It starts off relatively good, but, imo, turns into a lot of improbable deus ex ass pull victories for the Axis.

Image is from Uber, which is a comic about Allied and Nazi military parahumans going up against each other in a massive sea of gore and grimdark, shot through with manly tears, awesome and Nazis getting some pretty huge asspulls to make sure the Siege of Berlin-era Nazis can compete with the Allies.

Very good for a quick read through, especially if you just want a punchup of godlike proportions with no real qualms about character death, but obviously has some plotholes a mile wide and is REALLY messy, even if that is one of the most squicky panels it's not quite the worst.

RIP Churchill, although that was a fucking badass death. Realizes that what's basically an enraged Nazi Primarch chick with Lorgar-grade Psyker powers is coming for him, declines to possibly sabotage the war effort by committing the one superhuman that could save him when she was unfinished, sends his bodyguards away but declines to run pointlessly himself.
Lights a cigar and greets Sieglinde crashing through the wall with "Come on girl,
we haven't got all day."

If Dorn can do it, any other primarch could.

Considering the entire character is a reference to apocalypse now, I'd say it goes beyond implying.

Ah I think Curze would be one of the best duellers out there. If he gets the drop I think most Primarchs would fall to him.

We do know that a Grey Knight managed to defeat Morty and carve his name on his heart. Although I guess Grey Knights arent exactly normal astartes.

Yeah was quoting that user who placed him low on the pole, I'd put him pretty high up since he's great at thinking on his feet.

If I recall correctly his hand went numb briefly after stuffing the IW.

>Ah I think Curze would be one of the best duellers out there.

That's because you're a retarded faggot. Fulgrim, Lion, and Sanguinius would all easily beat him. Probably Khan too.

With the new fluff Valdor is supposedly the only non-Primarch/Greater Daemon/Galactic Emperor that can defeat a Primarch

Inferno even mentions how his title of Chief Custodian gave him de facto greater authority than the primarchs, only surpassed my Malcador and Big E himself

Because they were sparring.

I fully expect Siggy to be Shitstar's death on Terra

I ain't a dornfag, but he did kill Alpharius.

L O S T

P R I M A R C H

>Vulkan
one of the canonically best warriors of the primarchs
>Lion El' Jonson
the literal best swordsman of all of them
>Mortarion
an autistic invincible zombie
>Konrad Curze and Corax
literal batman and literal nightwing
>Lorgar
yeah probably

Considering Sev is a dirty fighter, he probably wasn't fighting at his fullest either. This'll just end in a "Nuh uh!" Fight so I'll just leave it at I hope Sev actually turns out to be a grey Knight

Vulkan is a nigger
Lion is just shitty at everything
Morty, what you said
Curze is an aspie, basically one of the columbine shooters
Corax might be memorable if he wasn't offscreen having gay anal sex constantly
Lorgar did everything wrong, should rename him Reek

Is this same non-daemon Angron that was about to die to a bunch of normies until the Emperor pulled his ass off of his home planet?

Didn't get and Sanguinius draw their duel in Pharos?

>Lion
>Shitty

Motherfucker's got a habit of moving attacking and defending with such speed that not even other primarchs can keep with him. He impales Curze before he knows what's up and in another novel he parries a blow from Curze that Guilliman doesn't see coming.

He is something of a shitty person alright, but certainly not a shitty fighter

>Fight so I'll just leave it at I hope Sev actually turns out to be a grey Knight

>Grey Knight
>"death to the false emperor"

YEAH HE WAS SO LOYAL RIGHT

NLfags are fucking retarded

Heresy Night Lords were traitors, but Curze hated daemons and basically told Lorgar to go fuck himself after saving him on Istvaan once his dude started popping.

It's entirely possible that Sev joined a group of dudes who basically said "Fuck. We gotta do something about this shit" after seeing all the daemonic shit on Terra. I'm not calling him loyalist, and I only said that it would be cool, bit likely.

Doubt that. Horus and then Dorn were the commander in chiefs and Russ had secret police power of them all.