How might adventuring parties tackle the underwater-dungeon of the dreaded Aqua-Lich?

How might adventuring parties tackle the underwater-dungeon of the dreaded Aqua-Lich?

Keep in mind that certain areas deep in the dungeon are rumored to be surrounded by anti-magic fields.

Nuclear bombs.

>Aqua-Lich
So the arch-nemesis of a Dry Lich who instead of using Sand, uses water and worshipers umberlee, hiding it's phylactery with sunken treasures and Death sea caves full of high level loot

massive rock over the entrance and trap him inside, sorted.

They would swim down and all drown. Or end up in an air pocket and realize they ran out of hard rations two days ago, and starve to death.

this, if he cant get out he cant cause issues.

If there are areas he can teleport out from, then by definition those areas could be scryed and magic fucked to whatever flavor you fancy

What if his goal is to study evil water-proof tomes in solitude. You'd be helping him!

If he's not bothering anyone then I say live and let (un)live

>live for centuries
>spend decades trying to find quiet place to read
>asshole adventurers keep smashing in my doors stealing my books
>unlife is suffering
>finally get underwater cave no sane person would try to attack
>sit down and start on page 1
>huge thump as boulder lands on entrance
>....o...o..k..

But in order to become a lich you have to do something horrible, right? Heroes can't just let that slide. Otherwise, every nerd will go around sacrificing fifty babies just so that they can read their books forever.

Aqua-Lich did nothing wrong, stop bullying him

They were only fish babies.

Yes except they were Sahuagin fingerlings. And he drowned them. In acid.

>deep water
>anti magic
So uh, they don't?
Best case, they create open a portal right above the entrance to the lava dimension and close it all up.

>close it all up

What about the treasure?

There's treasure on the land too, and you don't instadie to invisible anti-magic field because you suddenly can't breath water anymore.

Once there's enough cooled rock covering the base, they can hire some dwarven miners.

Finally follow up on all those rumors of a mad inventor, and aquire his mysterious water survival suit. Additionally call on the favor youve been hanging onto from the brackwater naga tribe.

Time for an underwater adventure!

Gnomish scuba-gear, that or just swim quickly out of the anti-magic field and reapply water-breathing

>scuba-gear

And harpoons. Don't forget the harpoons.

>

>But in order to become a lich you have to do something horrible, right?
He cooked a really shitty quiche for a potluck once.

>no one likes sahuagin
merfolk or tritons, maybe. not sahaugin.

>minecraft method ftw

stuff a tiny air elemental in an adamantium bottle and start breathing bitch.

Hire a team of gnomes and dwarves to dam up all areas of water flow and pump out the water.

>PC's
>sane

Oh yee of little faith

It better be defended by a pod of these

What system were they probably talking about in

"1533. Dropping a tree on the lich creates more rules problems that its worth."

?

My guess is 4e DnD

>But in order to become a lich you have to do something horrible, right?
Na, that's just a trick demons play with spellcasters stupid enough to listen to them to cuck them out of their soul.

I thought Welch's List predated that. That is Welch's List, right?

It's simple. We just use this Cypher that allows us to breath water for 28 hours. That, or just phase through the seabed.

>dwarf fortress method

BOIL THE SEA

Just have a cleric bless the water.

It is from Welch's list. However, one of the entries on Welch's list is "I will remember we are playing 4th edition and stop using my imagination."

wizard uses portable hole to drain the water, barbarian uses her might to move obstacles, theif finds switches artifacts and gold, bard makes a new song and pretends to be useful.