Redemptor redeemed?

Redemptor redeemed?

That's pretty neato

It looks so much better without the belly armor. The protruding belly casing messed up the whole model. What looked like unfitting LEGO shoulders and too wide legs actually look fine without that dumb belly.

I wonder how it'd look with the top armor closed, but the stupid pot belly left off entirely. Because holy fuck, both open already looks aces.

cool. I'm still unlikely to buy one but it might be neat to convert it with a cockpit and living pilot, like one of my Japanese animays.

I feel like it would jut out too far to look good.

I just want to know if there's any reason I can't just take off those 2 armor pieces entirely.

You probably can, and then if they attach with pegs at the hinges, just clip the pegs off.

I didn't mind the gut, but that looks much better.

huh..I liked it anyway but that's pretty cool.

PROBABLY CUZ UR FAT LOL

If anyone plays against me without beerbelly on their redemptor then they get -1 to their armor save.

no one wants to play you user.

Now fix reivers

But adding grappling hooks and removing all the helmet tops was supposed to be the fix!

But they're tacticool.

helmets.

that's all you need.

You know, without the helmets, they really do look like big guys, huh?

Just needs chainswords and helmets.

The guy on the far right has cornrows. Jesus, I'd rather they all had commander hair gel's haircut.

It's gotta be wires into his brain.

It's gotta be.

Please tell me it's wires in his brain.

It is.

Thank you for telling me it's wires in his brain.

Is it me or are the new marines even more bland than the old ones?

I think there around the same, its just that they have a few worse designs.

They're "easy to paint"!

Yes they are.
It is a result of CAD. This models lack "soul" and it shows.

The WHF was done with CAD and lot of handy work and the difference with modern models shows

It's you, and it's not you. It's you because Reivers have tons of random shit like pouches and other details, so saying they're more boring than plain old marines is on you. It's also not you because the Intercessors, without any of the pistol holsters and pouches, have even larger blank plates than the old marines, so yeah, they would be plainer if you don't cover them with markings and accessories.

Too bad not all the new stuff can be redeemed.

Thats why you just make your own models

My mind farted there.

The WHF giant was done with a mix of both systems. While new stuff is just CAD

Reiver's look like a generic sci-fi commando squad who are total badasses. Look they have grapples, skull masks, shit ton of pouches and use big knives and pistols! That's how you know they're baddasses!

They look like they're about to fall over.

>centurions are a joke
>Primaris centurion
God damn it GW didn't learn anything did they?

their business side changed, not their writing are artistic. why you would expect anything else is baffling.

So Primaris are "modern military shooters" what next black nazi women?

Replace "soul" with "crisp details". "Soul" and "character" are just buzzwords to replace nostalgia or defend outdated low quality shit like Blanche.

>4u

I more meant like, the flashy ornementation. Censers, scroll tubes, etc. Thing that makes them baroque and whatnot.

>business side
What? Miniatures is their business.

I always wonder if GW will ever do proper marketing. Like try to find out why something sells and why other things don't sell much.

Primaris get like none of those things. Maybe a purity seal or two, and some of them have small auto-reliquaries on their groin, and that's it.

The HQs get a little bit more with some eagle hoods and halos and shit, but there's no more SCROLL MCSCROLL FLOWING CAPE EAGLES EAGLES SKULLS stype pimp bling.

Too many small details can clutter a design and make it look busy and unfocused. True iconism and visual quality comes from distinct, simple, and interesting overall profiles and silhouettes. Also, character, soul, and personality aren't buzzwords, you can put as much crisp detail on something as you want but if it has no soul or distinct character or personality it comes across as generic and boring and people won't retain interest, this is part of visual and character design and has nothing to do with nostalgia.

management side. whatever, you know what I mean.

So Diaz demons?
Even the ugly as fuck punk lobster is better than the ugly plastic kit.

You can tell when something was done with just CAD and when it was donde with a mix.

Even with Tau stuff you can tell which one was made with a mix.

Well I assume the Salamanders aren't the only black people in the forty first millennium.

That's pretty cool

Games Workshop has been dead to me since this bullshit.

Hulkbuster is fine.

>mfw I actually like the design of centurions

No. Is not even funny or cool. Just sad

Even with retarded shit like old terminators you could "pretend" enough and think they could move.

While this I wonder how they even stand up in the first place, let alone move.

Play AoS squat army then. It is full of this stupid crap

They look much better in person, and after removing some of the armour plates. They remind me of Mancubi from DOOM, and aggressors even have the exact same weapon loadout.

>how does it stand?
>models stand upright

What did he mean by this?

I think I would have been okay with them if they weren't also in power armor.

It's Hulkbuster. You wear the armor on your armor

Well the thing about weight and size is the bigger things get the more supporting structure and mass they need to support their size and weight which means that something really heavy and large should look stocky like the Centurions.

They do look alot better in a 40k setting than a fantasy one. This fucking steampunk bullshit though.

user we all know they have grotz holding them up. A light breeze would knock them over

I don't like steampunk, and I don't like their hot air balloon backpacks, I do like the basic infantry though. I just personally like the centurion's stocky proportions, I can't really say why though.

>terminators are a thing.
Hell even dreadnought that are bulky look like they could actually move. (Rather derpy) This things could at most wiggle forward

>low quality shit like Blanche
Fuck off. Blanche defined 40k and fantasy.

>outdated
You do know he created the stormcasts right?

He made all the bits of 40k you don't traditionally see on the battlefield, as well as many that you do, including the primarchs, the custodes, the arbites and others.

He made the emperor on the golden throne you'll see in every copy of the 40k rulebook. A warhammer player saying they don't like blanche's work or at least recognise his contribution to what warhammer is today is like a muslim saying he doesn't like mohammad. Seriously, if you just want generic smooth sci fi shit, go play infinity.

Let me break it down for you. Take the recent canoness veridyan model. It's perfectly crisp in detail, but the sculpt is full of character and soul, partly because it's well designed, and because it depicts a classic bit of 40k art.

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here. I like their overblown stocky proportions, I think they have a lot of personality despite being ridiculous a lot of their personality is from their ridiculousness actually but I don't think pointing out other things in the model line that look less ridiculous completely nullifies the point of the models, but that might just be me.

So, you know how it stands up. Stop wondering about stupid questions then.

Well, the arms still aren't boxy enough for me, but better that than the dumb designs with the exposed head.

I get your point, but when you look at other silly things or over the top crap.
Centurion have nothing to brag home about.

The design is fine, it's the proportions and execution of the models that is retarded. Also if someone dislikes the xzibit double power armor or crossed hands shit they'd think the design is also stupid.

I love centurions, they're so badass!

That's not "soul", that's just more attractive design. You think it's better because you can fap to Diaz sculpts more. The plastic Daemonettes are unobjectively superior when it comes to detailing and sculpt quality, and if you wanted ugly daemons.

If you hate Zerg and like weird lobster things, you'd think RT Tyranids are better and have more "soul" than current nids too.

Yeah, people aren't retaining interest in Primaris. Get over yourself, faggot, you're not only wrong, you're just a whiny minority. Or you're right and you're just full of shit and wrong when you claim Primaris don't have soul or distinctness.

And maybe they'd have been okay in a faction that didn't have Terminators already.

Give them to the fucking Inquisition and they're immediately vastly improved.

They just came off the assembly line, they literally haven't done anything worth slapping purity seals and ornamentation on them yet. Unless you think making manlets spew enough salt to last me a life time as something worthy of awards and rites of honour.

The pelvis still looks like it was designed by that diapers-and-dismemberment drawrag that used to hang around Veeky Forums.

Yeah, but I think a lot of the silly over the top crap they have now just kind of looks over designed. The centurions are fairly simple in their design and combined with their dumb proportions it just appeals to me somehow. I think , though, that if they made the legs a little longer and reworked the joints they wouldn't look so ridiculous.

I never mentioned the Primaris, I simply stated some things common within visual and character design, something I have actually studied. You're the one who assumed that I said that Primaris don't have soul or distinctness. I think that they still retain quite a bit of the personality of the old Space Marines while being higher quality minis, I was just disagreeing with you that soul and character are meaningless buzzwords, if you stopped projecting for once you might have caught that.

Standard marine helmet on all that extra armor. It's stupid.

Yes, that's an actual legit criticism. It should go full Hulkbuster and get a helmet too.

But Inquisitors can wear Terminator armor though.

>I never mentioned the Primaris

Then maybe you should follow the fucking discussion reply chain instead of butting in randomly without even reading what we're talking about, faggot.

nothing about visual design is dependent on the topic of discussion being about primaris.

Calm your tits, underage

Is that how you're going to try to avoid my argument? By saying "don't butt into my argument to tell me one of my points is wrong." That's awfully confrontational and fallacious.

>he actually read the discussion for the first time and realized "oh shit they really were referring to primaris marines this whole time"

Good job, dipshit. Your autistic "ACKSHUALLY" asides are fucking irrelevant if you're not talking about Primaris like everyone else was. You act as if art critiques are in any way quantifiable or scientifically recordable to begin with. You can't even prove whether or not something has soul or character anyway.

Calm down buddy, this is the internet, none of this actually matters. Have a beer or something.

Also nothing in art is in any way quantifiable or scientifically recordable, that's why it's called art and not science, it's based entirely on subjectivity and nothing in this debate has any objectivity whatsoever. It's people debating their opinions on miniatures.

Jesus christ, calm down child. there's no reason for primaris to be relevant to the actual post.

am I the only one who wants to put a weapon in the middle so the dread opens up to a big fuck hueg weapon pops out?

That's so anime I love it

But Sisters can't. And neither can Inquisition Stormtroopers.

Centurions COULD have been a 2+ niche filler in places that didn't have them already.

>hur dur calm down calm down

Lol fuckin faggots.

That's true, some exo-skeleton units would be pretty neat for non-SM armies.

I was scared for a second there.

Now you're not making any sense whatsoever.

By God, the top hat. Kill me.

>Pew Pew

Lol guess I'm the only guy who likes these!

Shit, this actually makes a ton of sense. They'd be kinda nice to have for my sisters now that i think about it.

>tfw i kinda like these...

well damn, those are great

But they're such a mess, it's like the process for designing them was
>let's give them TWO power fists, and then put guns on the power fists, and then give the guns drum mags, but also ammo belts, and then put big ass backpacks on them, and then missile launchers on top, and then, and then
like, I know that everyone hates the Centurions but at least the designs are simple and uncluttered unlike the Aggressors.

Check out my Space Shark Redemptor guys!

Yeah. In Inquisiton or SOB (Not so much in Guard. They overlap a bit with Sentinels/Ogruns) they'd have been very good.

A SOB one with Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters/Flamers or elite infantry with Evicerators in the suits would have worked well.

>those legs