Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What sort of allies and compatriots have you made? Any strange or unexpected ones?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75987/the-feast-and-the-furious
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off inferior jeanne

When's the last time your character took a bath?

Last night into this morning. She's a mermaid who sleeps in a portable bathtub.

Sleeping in potable tubs is top tier, you have fine taste.

PRESTIDIGITATION

can you use vital strike as part of a full attack action or just when you make a regular attack action?

it hurts to look at you, user
you didn't even fucking read the rules, did you

What do you want to bet he's like the friend I have who's been playing Pathfinder for almost half a decade and still doesn't grasp how Deadly Aim works?

FUCKING CASTERS GET OUT, REEEEEEEEEEE

Get in the fucking tub!

the description of vital strike states 'when you use the attack action".

But she needs to cast Create Water to fill the tub, you silly

You know what that isn't? A full-attack.

Gee i wonder if there's something different from an attack action and a full attack

Now take a moment to think. Use that noggin. Which one of those two are more likely to be the "attack action" that you seek? Is it the thing that's called a FULL attack action, or is it the one called just the attack action (not "regular", just attack action)?

The PLD party almost drowned today if that counts.

yeah but you can make an attack, and then decide to full attack or not. It states it right in the rules of attacking that you don't have to declare you're making a full attack. I'm not talking about two weapon fighting.

Nope. Tell them to get back in the water and don't come up until they stop twitching.

what I'm asking is if I have two attacks from my base attack bonus, if I can make the first one using vital strike and then attack again normally.

no.

No you dumb fucknut, you can't. Because Vital Strike is not usable with the full attack action, and you need to take a full attack action to make multiple attacks from a high BAB (or TWF). And so, if you make one attack with Vital Strike, you lock yourself out of taking the option of making a second attack, because you can't full attack anymore.

You either make one attack with vital strike, using the attack action, or you make a full attack

HOLY FUCK WHY CAN'T NIGGERS JUST READ THE RULES

Get buckets and a well, you divine spell bootlicker! Ain't no way but the martial way! We work for our comfort!
It's a Standard, and can't be used as part of a full attack. I am feeling incredibly abrasive, do further arguments to three contrary will be met with derision.
Unless you scrubbed behind your ears while struggling for breath, it doesn't fucking count.

No! Mermaids can use as much magic as they want, and PoW is shit! Go back to the grave from which you rose!

Fucking phone!

christ, you don't gotta be a fucking asshole dude. I'ts one particular question about a particular feat, you act like I'm asking "DURR WHICH DICE DO I ROLL"

Describe to me the sexiest build.

"DURR WHICH DICE DO I ROLL" implies you can't read. "DURR WHAT IS THE ATTACK ACTION" implies the same. Thus, you can't read, and the reaction is completely justified.

Now get out, nigger.

You literally fucking are, you are literally asking a basic question. The attack action and the full attack action are different. You absolutely cannot read.

user I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're not trolling but are rather some kind of a noob, but if you're doing something that takes an Attack action to complete, that action is going to be MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE to a full attack action, which eats up both your move and standard/attack action in order to actually hit more than once.

I'm sorry but I feel the need to expand on this, when I say that she doesn't know what it does I mean that I watched her try to shoot something with a crossbow, roll a D20 then add no bonuses to her attack roll, then if she hit she described her damage as being her Dex mod+her level. Apparently she came to this conclusion after reading the text blurb on the feat listing and not actually clicking into the feat to read what exactly it did.
As far as I can tell you're guilty of the same thing she is, any level of investigation would have told you what an attack action implies.

Grappling mermaid

Disgusting chumshits and their mermagic.
Tetori Monk. Come to papa.

Grappling Lamia also works in a landbased campaign.

Mysterious stranger

A few threads ago.

He has, he's trying to be a munchkin.

Naw dawg, the tough bitch crawling toward her foe at low speed is half the appeal.

is that even a term anymore?

And fucked by tentacles?

Yes.

Yes. It applies to people who try to be rules lawyers but don't actually have any basis for their claims at all.

I remember that. Were you they user that drew it, or the player for one of the subjects?

I'd give some credence to the Catfolk rogue.

Y don't you answer the newcomer like a fellow gamer who was once green instead of being a promoter of this incestual circlejerk?!

Because if the newcomer read the rules, the newcomer would know the answer. They are asking somebody to not explain a strange rules interaction, but something that is clearly spelled out for them. The books exist for a reason. Pfsrd exists for a reason.

XS drew it. I just asked for the hat.

Because newcomers need to be scared away from Pathfinder. It's a terrible system.

If the fuck can't read i don't want him.

It's a nice hat!

Because we aren't your personal fucking knowledge bank. If you want something actually obscure or confusing we're happy to help, we're not here to spoonfeed you the fucking CRB, especially if you can't type like someone who isn't suffering from fucking downs

I get it. I've been around awhile, but try not to be a collosal douche. Fuck, man. Fuck off. Invite new players. Fucksa matter with you?

Pitborn Tiefling Ungermaw.

>fellow gamer
someone who can't read simple shit is no fellow of mine

We hate you because you're a fucking faggot, user. You deserve everything that is thrown at you, and if this is enough to scare you off you never belonged here in the first place.

partial to human Ungermaws myself.

It's people like you, who think you are ennobled because you memorized 800 pages of text, that ruin this site. I would gladly shit in your mother's cunt.

And you too, if you're not the same stupid cocksucker. It is a community, you stupid fucking moron. Know what that means?

Bro this has nothing to do with 800 pages, this is something you should know within the first like, 3 pages of information about this game.

standard devil spawn tief ungermaws are best. Prove me wrong.

If a player wants to join, there is a minimum amount of effort they need to put in. user didn't put that effort in, and wanted information they could find incredibly easily. That's not being a fellow gamer.
It's not about memorization. A quick search of the pfsrd would have given the exact answer laid out clearly. Instead of making any effort to find the information, they held their hands out, expecting spoonfeeding. If you're a part of this community, lift your weight.

D A E M O N S

Is there any way to guarantee a percentile roll, or even a d10 roll? In the same way a Cyclops Helm does for other kinds of rolls.

For the purpose of getting the most out of Amnesiac Psychic.

all ungermaw party when?

Chill the fuck out man, what crawled up your ass?

It's not that hard a thing to be unsure of.

You're kind of a shitter, user.

What's the best class for a Black Knight?

Not necessarily THE Black Knight as in pic related, but something similar.
I'm thinking a Hellknight of some kind, but I don't know whether or not it's the best choice

Mebbe motherfucker wanted the how and why. Are there any exceptions, loopholes, advantages I can take advantage of? Maybe just new here. Get the fuck off your horse and DONT BE A DOUCHE!!

We killed the giant squid of the lake and nobody was lewded that day.

When people get their apps in for the Feast and the Furious:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75987/the-feast-and-the-furious

Antipaladins are good. Especially with Tyrant letting you not be a douchelord.

Go back to /reddit/ you fucking child, you have to be able to fucking read before you can come here.

Tyrant is just as much of a Douchelord as regular anit-paladins, they're just self righteous and up their ass about it.

No wonder this place is such an inbred, degenerate shit-hole with fucking idiot fucks like you greeting newcomers. Do us all a favor and keep ur dickhole shut.

Stop obviously samefagging and go back to /reddit/ already.

This isn't reddit. You're expected to put in at least a minimum effort.

I would unironically play this

Yeah, I thought of that. I plan on making him LE, so it looks alright. I'm not sure about the manipulation aspect of it though. This will be a villain that will hopefully lead the party to investigate his organization

There isn't actually one kind of black knight. In video games it's usually just some evil knight, but I would say that's actually the more uncommon kind in literature.

Sometimes it's just a heroic knight without a lord. Sometimes it's just a powerful knight who conceals his identity. Sometimes it's a disgraced but still-noble wanderer.

That is a minimum effort, dickweasel. They were asking about actual rule interactions.

People bitch and whine about this place being nothing but waifus and shitposting, but you stop that kind of thing by being an open community so new people join and it doesn't become incestuous.

wich Ensoulment wud u hugg?

>First session tensions rise as the party realizes they have. Collectively on their person. 3 days of trail rations. which would hardly last one day for one of them.
>Moral debates surge on who goes hungry.
>one of them makes a grand discovery! Nearly every living creature is made of meat!
>crisis averted! Lets go hunting!
>That dragon looks tasty!

Yes, but I'm specifically modeling him after that Black Knight. I'm not trying to replicate his exact stat line, but he will be similar

no minimum effort is reading the fucking rules, in the most basic way.

We don't want to be an open community where anyone who can shit themselves can join, if you can't fucking read, I don't want you posting in this thread, let alone have you as a player.

I'm happy to answer complex RAW questions, but when people come in here with basic bitch shit, i've got no patience for that.

Thank you.

You might find it's the small races that can really pack it away

>failing to recognize people trying to destroy the community for their own sadistic pleasure and nefarious purposes
Eh, it'll pass.

Fuck off... to anyplace else. Reddit, anywhere. Your kind is not welcome here.

>Character 1
A few days ago. They've been in pursuit of some serious, time-sensitive threats and haven't had a moment to relax just yet.
>Character 2
Yesterday. They've been exploring uncharted woodlands and there ample streams for bathing.
>Character 3
A few days ago. They've a long journey ahead of them, and much ground to cover in a short time before a proper bath might be had.

Matheo.
Chivalrous and knightly types tend to lead hard lives, more so if they're actually committed to high ideals.

And the more of us that speak out against this bullshit, the less we will see it. Go back to /a/ or wherever you fucking faggots hang out.

>Character A
Finally got the opportunity just a little while ago after sleeping in caves for a few days beforehand.

>Character B
Bathes regularly over the last couple years.

>Character C
He's been out in the woods, so occasionally the party can be assumed to stop and bathe at a stream, or else just get a bucket and a cloth to wash in the privacy of a tent.

I'm completely chill, and it's really clearly said, an attack action is a standard action. user didn't read, and user was told to go read. What did anybody expect?
I haven't called anybody a single name. I haven't told anybody to fuck off. If telling somebody to read is being a douche, then I'm a douche. It's written in the rules right there. There isn't a how and why beyond that. Read, and you'll know that. Simple as that. It's not a high horse to expect somebody to read the instructions before asking questions. I'm seriously being civil here. Don't try to aim for loopholes without a solid understanding of the rules. You'll fall flat on your face. Read the rules, play with some friends, get comfortable, then dig deeper. If you do it before, you'll have no fucking idea how your character works.

I would unironically play this game.

Y'ever sat down and thought about how many goddamn rules there are in this game?

And also, have you ever thought that some people want to ask people who specifically know rather than try to puzzle out this super specific system on their own? That maybe it could be an opportunity for them to talk about something and get involved in the community? That maybe people ASK OTHER PEOPLE because they WANT TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE?

Them asking doesn't hurt you in any way, so don't chuck such a goddamn tantrum over it, you baby.

Have you ever tried reading the basic rules, so that you don't ask super basic questions on level with 'what dice do i roll now?'

Once again, I don't want people who can't read here. If you can't read, fuck off to 5e or some other game where they'll coddle and spoonfeed you, but if you can't be bothered to read and understand THE MOST BASIC RULES OF THE SYSTEM I have no time for you.

>HOLY FUCK WHY CAN'T NIGGERS JUST READ THE RULES

Civil. Uhuh.

Maybe take some time off Veeky Forums pal.

the confusion was because the rules state you can use the attack action as a standard action and then decide if you want to continue attacking or move.

Have you considered there's maybe more than one guy in this thread who thinks you're a fucking illiterate shitskull, nigger?

Because there is. We're just varying amounts of polite about telling you that.

How the fuck does someone end up this elitist over goddamn Pathfinder