How do we work to keep undesirables out of the tabletop role-playing game hobby?

How do we work to keep undesirables out of the tabletop role-playing game hobby?

We do our damndest to remove you from the community and thereby improve it exponentially. Fuck off and die, you bloody elitist retard.

Session 0s, not playing online.

We should start by shoving you into a wood-chipper

Why? Because I don't want to play with nu males whose only experience with fantasy is Dark Scrolls and who only play the game because they think it gives them ""nerd cred"? I never thought I'd miss the smelly neckbeard fucks who used to play at my store, but at least they actually have a fuck about RPGs.

Don't invite them to your games.

No one forces anyone to play D&D with someone else, so if you don't like someone, just don't invite them. People will naturally congregate into like-minded views. It's not like an MMO where you're FORCED to experience people you don't like.

Find a group of like-minded grognards. Not hard.

buzz words

No, because you're an annoying asshole.

You can't. Once normies invade a hobby its going to be polluted with more normie-tier RPG's like 5E.

But at the same time, it exposes TRPG's to non-normies who then go on to make their own RPGS or try out the obscure stuff that people rarely play like Traveller.

In the end, avoid getting players from Roll20, but the program itself is fine to use.

I'm really glad that D&D is moving away from people like you

By not letting you into our groups.

Keep attracting them to and trapping them in D&D.
I mean, it works fine so far, doesn't it?

Next the normies will be here, invading our super secret club.

Interviews. In order to play in your game, you need a one on one interview where you discuss obligations and expectations.

I feel ya.

We talk with them and see if they are assholes.

ez

That's because D&D is a containment RPG for worthless fucks. Fifth edition was specifically watered down to be palatable both to grognards (who do not rely on the active D&D community nor do they need a new ruleset, thus this pandering was stupid) and to normies, who flocked to the game in great masses thanks to the game's appearance on two terrible TV shows (Stranger Things and Big Bang Theory). Also, the prevalence of Critical Role podcast created quite a lot of love for D&D, which found itself inundated by waves of new players. Wizards of the Coast saw sales skyrocketing, giving them the false message that dumbing down the game represented an improvement in game design (though they did streamline many of the mechanics, which *was* a good thing). As a result, Wizards is very happy with this diluting of the Dungeons and Dragons fanbase. Veeky Forums has also deluded itself into thinking this influx of players is a good thing. This lack of foresight is to be expected. D&D is now the containment RPG. It keeps the dumb-ass Skyrim addicts and the brain-dead hipster roasties who can't even figure out which die to roll, out of the good RPGs. Which is sad, because D&D, despite being shit in many small ways, was overall a very fun and enjoyable roleplaying game. It was structured that way. However, the fanbase it is now attracting is making it intolerable, and the way said fanbase is guiding the mechanics is a direction that would make a game like Dungeon World seem sophisticated. So, in short, D&D is dead, but thank god for its existence.

Interview your prospective players, don't bring them in if they seem like fuckboys or That Guy. Ignore the assblasted tumblranons in this thread. Easy.

>t. Nu males who watch critical roll and play cards against humanity and D&D 5e, pounding the table with autistic laughter every time they get a nat20 and almost spill in the microbrews, stroking their beards and trying to enjoy the rest of the session beause they will have to spent the next three nights "watching the little guy" while their wife goes out clubbing with her "friends"

Thanks user. Glad someone else on this board plays RPGs for something other than meme-tier """fun"""