Fills the character sheet with numbers that mean nothing but are there because they always were

>fills the character sheet with numbers that mean nothing but are there because they always were
>filled with archaic mechanics that the rest of the industry abandoned decades ago.
>plays like, and is written to be, a war-game where your army is reduced to a single guy
>1d20 roll over for all checks, which makes your stats practically useless as it's almost entirely luck or not wether you succeeed, not your build
>supposedly rules medium but in reality just over-complex in certain departments and over-simplified in others without ever finding a solid middle-ground to stand on

This is how Americans think RPGs should be. Their burger filled brains cannot comprehend role play as something deeper than "oh no, these are orc babies, should I kill them or not?"

So this is the power of marketing

Yus forgot
>is fukken EPIIIIIC!

This didn't take me more than five minutes to write down at most.

I'd almost be willing to believe that is the case. A part of me, however, refuses to believe that an entire nation of people is that retarded.

Never mind, I guess they might be,

Pathfinder is the best system ever.

What did he mean by this?

D&D is shit. What's your point, OP?

Have you tried not playing D&D?

>You
>five minutes

You could have spent that time jerking off which would have been more productive.

So what I'm hearing is that you want me to post knights?

Deus vult

Because that's what I'm doing

I've got two hundred and seventeen knights in my folder so don't think I'll run out.

Yes, post knights.

Fuck off

Well it's more just dudes in plate armour but plate armour is pretty much synonymous with being a knight.

Can we all agree that aasimar is a literally who race?

This guy's artwork gets me hard.

Does anyone want to see my dog?

Hey Bob.

Sorta sucks that he's only known as "The mount and blade artist"

I like dropping them into a game because it immediately and fundamentally changes the cosmos. Now you don't just have people touched by things outside the material plane, you've got a literal lineage of pure Good in the world.

Fair enough but in my opinion aasimar really don't belong, but then again I have my opinion and you have yours.

What I like about DnD is finding ways to abuse those convoluted rules in order to find the most unexpected, crazy and hopefully also funny ways to solve problems.

If you ever get writers block just ask other people for help rather then force your way through it.

Remember that Veeky Forums is a community and we all need to help eachother at some point. Never forget that and this place will stay alive no matter the amount of shitposts.

And don't forget that knights are pretty cool.

Any knights someone wants to see? Specific weapons and such?

>You will never be so triggered that you waste an evening spamming a waste thread

>Am I fitting in yet

Negro please I just want to stroke my ego for a while.

Well that and post knights.

So what are we listening too right now?

Don't listen to this dullard

Yeah I like the knights, keep em coming

I fluff them as having alchemically useful tissues and organs, which makes them nice guys who are REALLY reluctant to go out and do anything.

Why did you make this thread? You're right, but you offer no coda.

(You)s

So meeting one would be like,
"L-look it's not that I don't like you but..I just don't trust you, very sorry if you take offense. You're more then welcome to stay at the door though I haven't had company in ages. I'll make some tea."

More that they intentionally do everything alone because they literally glow a bit when they feel righteous or in the presence of evil, which is a dead giveaway.

But yeah, when you meet one your encounter is likely to be awkward, brief, and strange.

Must suck to be hunted down for your organs while you yourself have done nothing wrong.

It is optional but yes Knights can be for cute

Yeah, thats why if they do travel they do so in groups and heavily armed. They also try to wear heavy clothing to hide their nature.

To give you an idea of how hard people gun for them: if you can keep their heart fresh it can be used to make a few grams of Philosopher's Stone.

Any GURPS players?

Holy shit.

Yeah.

"Alchemically useful"

More like Alchemically amazing.

congratulations, now there are 2 threads about that system you don't like instead of one.

You ever wonder if Dragons act like humans when their alone? Like thinking about winning arguments and them acting out scenes of a show they imagined making?

Sure is quiet in here.

Close enough

>Makes a ton of vague complaints but doesn't actually address them
What numbers that mean nothing? What archaic mechanics that the "rest of the industry abandoned decades ago?" How does it play like a wargame, and which one does it most resemble? How would you "make all of your stats less useless" in terms of d20 rolls?

It's easier to complain than think of a solution. Have some art.

MemriTV is awesome

I played a couple sci -fi gurps campaigns

More or less correct. But during the years I found that D&D is still serves as some kind of middle ground.
Simply put, it's hard to find a group, where each member can enjoy some PF/3.5/GURPS number crunching, or creative enough to play a narrative based game like Fate. This especially true if you are playing with friends and acquaintances.

thats_just_like_your_opinion_man.png

stat me

Fighter/Barbarian with the Gourmand feat, for the bean sprouts. They don't do a whole lot of ninja'ing anyways

>They don't do a whole lot of ninja'ing anyways
my thoughs exactly

the most thing would be kenshi monk for some of them, but even still they fit ranger or fighter class better than rogue or shadow monk

Is that knight's sword connected to his tits?

Yeah, good way to make sure you don't lose it.

There would be a few unique combos, though. Daidoji would probably be Barbarian/Monk because she punches things, and Rin would fit as a Rogue/Shadow Monk because she's fast and supposedly sneaky.