Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Punished Bobby G Edition

Last Thread
>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for da Bad Moonz!

Why are Goffs the best Klan?

4th for Konor Will Not Fall

ZOG OFF, DIS THREAD BELONGS TO DA EVIL SUNZ

>Guilliman, try to remember the basics of CQC

Should I get a Dark Talon for Konor?

What units are you guys buying for each week of Konor?

Nth for Tyranids

ZOG OFF GOFFS.

ZOG OFF EVIL SUNZ.

DIS IZ A FLASH DAKKA FREAD. POST FLASH AN' DED KILLY DAKKA!

AN' MORK'Z DA BEST TOO.

>TFW your collection is already complete and you're only finishing the painting on the last few things

Guess the Konor campaign is not meant for me. Not gonna start a whole new army only to participate in a campaign that undoubtedly will be rigged before, during and after the results come in.

>Baneblade
>Shadowsword
>Banehammer

You get points just for victories, no new army needed.

Already said what I was bringing last thread but it's a new thread I guess
Week 1: skipped
Week 2: Chosen
Week 3: Soul Grinder
Week 4: custom Daemon Prince
Week 5: Warp Talons
Week 6: converting Bloodwrack shrine into terrain, either obstacle or Statuary.

bloodletters are the new meme, pass it on friends

Asking because I have interest in starting with Astra Militarum.
HOW MANY points is this exactly, and what am I even looking at?

Slannesh up in this bitch! About to take Konor out in 6 days--

You can't pick up chicks in a tank.

You're gonna need to explain the meme, else it's not a meme

Chicks dig raiders.

Not OP, but you're looking around 2500-3000 pts I'd guess. Might be different this edition.

You've got some leman russes, some chimeras, a basilisk, a wyvern, a manticore, some ogryns/bullgryns, lots of hbeavy weapons teams, some command squads, some vets, and some infantry platoons.

Oh and it's all painted like complete shit.

Memes aside, is this not genuinely bad artwork?

With the overdone wreath and the feathered wings (different from the mini) I'm not sure who this is supposed to appeal to. I don't see this and think "what a cool guy."

That's why we brought the Ogryn. They can carry at least 5

kay b0ss

pure melee horde unit with
> no deep strike
> T3,
>1 Attack
>can kill your characters via summoning
>inferior to genestealers in every which way

My Brood Bro

POST ARMY tm

I got that reference !

Damn, now I feel old ...

>you finally reach combat after running and getting shot at for a turn
>the enemy just walks out of combat
>you get shot in the face and die

a minor complaint about assault but i think 8th is alright. now if i could figure out a good anti tank for my daemons...

Anyone else really excited for this?

What army/armies will you be playing?

Which team will you side with?

Who do you want to win?

>Yeah
>Orkz
>Whichever side gives me more Bitz
>Whoever, I get to glass cunts

I'm fully aware my stuff is shit as well.

>>Baneblade
>>Shadowsword
>>Banehammer

>not getting a falchion..

best tank in picture

ISHYGDDT

Bloodthirsters for choppy, soul grinders for ranged

It's all bloodthirsters can even do now is kill monsters and tanks. they flub against infantry now ironically.

New Games Workshop™'s art is as bland as their CAD sculpts.

DE here ready to help neutralize the imperial forces and let chaos guys collapse under themselves after. Terra sounds nice after!

I dont see a problem with them but okay. I recognize the name Leman Russ but Im surprised I don't see the REALLY big scary tank there. Every battle report I saw had one. Storm blades?

That got a real chuckle out of me.

Emperor's Children ready to bring Konor to it's sexual knees

Having a faster unit (doesn't even have to be good in melee) charge the offending unit from the rear whilst your other unit that is the real threat charges from the front helps. Cut off the escape routes so they have nowhere to run.

One of the things I like in 8th is that there is more decision making involved with assaults, rather than just successfully charge and making sure your unit has a higher initiative.

Blood Ravens, unless a friend of mine wants in. If so, then TS.

Then why pick on his?

Warms my heart. KONOR WILL FALL!!!

>Best tank
>Literally used by traitors
>Mfw
You don't support heretics do you user?

Jesus that is so badly painted

TYPICAL GITZ! IZ WAIT FOR DEM TO GET TIRED O' FOIGHTAN EACHOTHER, DEN SWEEP IN FER DA EASY WIN!

Hating on RGG is a meme.

Hell yeah.
Daemons of Slaanesh and Emperor's Children ready to bring Konor the noise.
We won't collapse under ourselves don't worry, but we welcome the assistance against the corpse worshipping dogs.
>fellow EC player
Yes!

>Not being PATRICIAN enough to field a Glaive an target the whole table instead of 2 units.

I dunno I like'em!

Their feelings are amplified.

Do not bully.

>Using camo, silencers, and tactics
>Mfw
YOUZ A GROT

The Omnissiah does not allow us to stand idle for long.

do you lose chapter tactics if you take a non-chapter unit in a separate detachment?

Probably shoot you with one of my Baneblade variants.

Bloodthirsters are also good for character hunting. With how fast they are and being able to fly, any character that is not entirely bubblewrapped is a free kill.

I like them. I mean it';s not winning a Golden Daemon but they definitely have character

My Slanneshi bros!

When the fuck are we gonna get a keeper of secrets mini that matches the artwork of the last decade?

I'm okay with the baphomet goat thing, too, but homegirlboy could seriously use an update.

no. Separate detachments are totally fine. Don't know why people are sperging out about this.

They said so in the stream.
Unless its an auxilliary detachement (like 1 single knight).
wait for the codex for the full ruling on that, but look how it works in AoS, itll be the same

not soon enough..... can't wait to finally see a Fulgrim damon prince/KOS model

I think a Blood Axe army dressing up like a ramshackle Imperial Guard regiment would be pretty awesome.

>Anyone else really excited for this?
Yes.

>What army/armies will you be playing?
Tzeentch Daemons.

>Which team will you side with?
Imperium.

>Who do you want to win?
I want Mortarion to die painfully.

Depends on the character and lets be fair Bloodthirsters by virture of being alive attract a shit ton of dakka.

But a Bloodthirster will probably lose to a Space Marine character with a storm shield. It's pretty dumb

That art is an exact representation of the Forge World Keeper of Secrets model, dumbass.

Are you gonna answer that phone?

in the streaam they said chapter tactics can only be used if you use all of the same .
Basocally the more keyword you share the more advantages you got.
I think their fluff reason was that if half your army is from the guard for example, it disrupts space marines whereas a single space marine force act as one or something like that.
Just look how AoS deal with it or wait the codex

What's the best way to paint a DA Spartan assault tank? In Deathwing colors, greenwing colors or Heresy era colors?

> Tzeentch Daemons.
> Imperium.

>Mfw I'm doing the exact same thing
My fellow acolyte!

Fuck I wish I'd thought to do that with my boob lord.
I've got the metal boob snake but it's already super glued as a Fantasy lord.
I planned to buy a box of Seekers and a box of Bikers and make a Chaos Lord, Sorcerer, and one interchangable between the two on Steeds, two spare Seekers and trade the bikes for other bits in store.

>overdone wreath

The wreath has detail, so what?

Shh shh let him find out after some wins

Because Tzeentch knows better.

is there a transcript of this stream anywhere? or a link to a recording of the stream itself?

yup

Ulthwe Eldar/Ynnari

Chaos

>Who do you want to win?
Chaos. Because spessmehreenz will have the OP codex, so we need to balance the scales as much as possible.

That's Stratagems, not Chapter Tactics.

Chapter Tactics require all models in the Detachment to have the same Chapter.

Special Stratagems require all models in the whole ARMY to have a certain keyword.

There are both Adeptus Astartes Stratagems and more specific Chapter Stratagems.

For example the White Scars Stratagem lets you Advance, shoot, and charge with a unit all in the same turn. If your whole army is White Scars you can spend command points to use that. However if you add a Detachment of non-White Scars, you can't, but your White Scars will keep their Chapter Tactics abilities as long as they're in a separate Detachment from the other guys.

Thats not a bad idea either -- the steed of Slannesh is cool but pretty fragile and had a lot of green stuff work to even get it to look passable...

>Play Tzeentch
>intentionally lose
>provide easy points to the Imperial side

It's brilliant

A buddy of mine used to give his boyz a lot of Imperial bits, guns and paldrons, etc. They're a fun klan. There are a few 3rd party companies that make things like Orks in longcoats of Ork commissars. So there are options, if you want to spend the time and money.

Also hoping good looted wagon rules will come with the codex.

user, you know damn well what I meant.

sure.. if it can sruvive the 1st turn of fire.

>implying that the falchion is the only thing in the army

Kind of, we don't have much for players around here though
Orks
Neither side, I'm just going to fight whoever I end up fighting
>Who do you want to win?
Anyone but Girlyman

I know I just like the boobsnake steed, it looks Slaaneshi and I have a personal affinity for snakelike models.
Maybe I'll do a special model like that in the future though.

Checked.

Every time. Tzeentch must be real.

>999
wtf i love tzeentch now

my bloodthrister of insensate rage ate so much firepower after my unit of 17 seekers died last game. by the time he made it to combat against a rhino he had 4 wounds left and only did 6 wounds

it's always bugged how GW never made proper daemonic mounts for csm since we've had the rules since 5th.

This is the most heretical thread I've seen in regards to Konor yet.

Excellent.

>like thousand sons concept
>don't like those huge bricks behind the rubric marines' heads

Can I use different models for rubric marines instead of the ones Gdubs sells?

Get off from my mon-keighs slut.

>tfw Dark Angels
>tfw hate girlyman for siding with Cypher but don't want to sully the honor of the Emperor
....why did it have to be him? Why not Lion?

Ready to bring Konor to it's knees. Why ? For the lulz of course

Just use different helmets.

Forgeworld Thousand Sons.