Any tips for getting a boyfriend to pay a little more attention to the game at hand...

Any tips for getting a boyfriend to pay a little more attention to the game at hand? He loves to play and begs me to run games but when I do he just tags along and doesn't really add anything or go out of his way to do anything. It doesn't even seem like he pays attention some of the time. I'm going to talk to him about it tomorrow, but what can I do to get him to roleplay and kinda care a little more?

Have you tried asking him what he wants in a role playing game or wants to do?

He loves to roleplay, which is odd because he didn't at all last session.

Dealt with this. If he's not invested in the game, literally nothing you do will make a difference. You can whip your top off at the table and make him look up from Hearthstone for a second, but then he'll notice it's his turn and look right back down. Just let him off the hook and play with the people who actually give a shit.

Alternatively, maybe he's super into the game and loves being a part of it, but is just the party dog. He'll never start stuff or prompt activity, but whatever happens, he's having a great time.

What does he do instead of engage? Play with his phone? If that's the case, ban phones at the table. Our group did that and involvement went up loads.

He has a problem always being on his phone, tough part is we play online so there's not really anything I can do about it

You can always get a new boyfriend.

Tell him he isn't getting a crack at your snack pack until he starts playing better.

Yeah. That is tough. I would attempt to engage him more, ask pointed questions about what his character is doing. Aside from that, there's not much you can do to force him.

If that fails, I'd outright ask him what the problem is.

i dont think he even has a sex drive

It really depends on what the underlying problem is. Is he distracted by other stuff? Try to get rid of whatever the influence is and see if he connects more.

Does he just not interact or roleplay much because he doesn't see opportunities? Try to get his character as a central focus for a plot arc. Discuss this with the other group members first. Perhaps they could each have their own mini-arc focused on character development. Or at least try to get him involved in the story. Have the BBEG wreck his hometown.

Is he shy? Do some 1-person campaigns to build up his confidence first.

Does he just like to watch? Ask him why he doesn't want to participate, and if he legitimately seems to enjoy that, just let him continue.

Start fucking other players I guess.

Idk aren't you people supposed to be good at being manipulative and shit? Just do whatever you think will make him most miserable until he does what you want.

Most likely you two interact in real life, maybe run some one-person campaigns and ban his phone during them. See if he is more willing to participate then.

im a gay

its ldr

thanks, ill try some of this

Show me on the doll where she hurt you.

Oh.

Just buy a dragon dildo and find a better player for your RPG.

Maybe he just want to follow the story in a Sam Gamegie way.

Anyway tell him to drop the phone.

>implying

>ldr
Problem found
Ditch him, find someone in real life

thats another thread for another board

Maybe he just wants to spend time with you and feel included.

Veeky Forums
Romance, Sexual Health, and /soc/

Start roleplaying in the bedroom to get him more into it.

Have you just straight-up told him how you're seeing things? Since he in particular should care about how you feel, maybe also straight-up tell him how it's making you feel? Not from a reproachful angle necessarily, more like "Hey this seems like a problem, could we fix this toegther?"

Maybe there's a secret problem weighing on him that's distracting him. Maybe he values your company but has been gradually stressed out by other factors so that he's slowly moved to "less complicated entertainment" without him realizing it. Maybe he's just plain ol' oblivious to what he's doing and how it's making you feel.

Those examples would all be different problems that could be resolved in different ways. Basically, don't look for solutions that cure the symptoms. Find out what disease is causing the symptoms, then look for a cure for that.

Time to get into ballbusting

Oh, this actually explains a lot.

Your bf is autistic

OP if you're cute I'll replace him

But yeah LDR is your problem I'm sorry to say. If you've never had IRL relationships try them, they're much better (I had both)

You sure he's not asking for kinky sex?

>gay AND long distance relationship
hahaha wow

I volunteer as tribute.

From what I can tell gays doesn't really care about love they just pretend to show affection for each other because they desperately want to appear normal to their straight peers.

Wait i thought this was a straight only forum???
Hope the local church is open