Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Take your dreadlets to work Edition.

Last Thread
>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

So the Sculptor worked 8 month on the Chaddread and said its the first step.
What do you think the variants will look like ?

Why is the you picture cooler than the not to worry about picture? I don't think you get how this meme is meant to go.

3RD FOR CUTEDAR!

Don't worry, we can hit the gym together!

>Vedros dread better than redemptor
Show me on the dreadlet chassis where nuGW touched you

4th for fuck the sharks

I must admit, the Redemptor is growing on me, especially having seen it in better colors and with open armor.
Plasma and gatling are boring gun choices, though. I'd have preferred something a little crazier.

Sorry you need a ChadDread BFF membership to enter this Gym.

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
T'AU+AM: October 7th
TYRANID+BA: November 11th
NECRONS+TS: December 9th

>So slow you turn up 6th

W E W L A D D Y.

>look mom, i posted my fake leak again!

>Look Mum I posted it again!

Dont you have some MLP Space Marines to paint ?

> dreadlets
When will they learn?

The new legs are pretty cool. The rest of the model is bad though.

To be fair, that's the black reach dread, which looks like ass in comparison to the real boxnaught

I know this guy.

Is there anything better than a balanced list in 8th? So far I've been smashing face with a good varied force of IG (loving actually being able to use my collection) but a lot of folks in my local meta are all about spamming "the best" units. They actually are actively trying to convince me that I'm wrong and I'm only winning because guard are op at the moment.

I'm trying to make a full squad of 30 boyz. The boss Nob with the choppa and the rest with shoota.

I want to do a mission which the IG lost an important part of the city and have to do a last stand to defend the last part they're in while space marines are trying to get back their armour the Orks stole.

Any suggestions for what rules I should use? Was thinking of making it a 2000pts game. Orks get a major victory if they hold onto the armour and capture the last part of the city. Minor if they only complete half of their mission while the imperium gets major if they return the armour and defend their city and minor if they only complete half of the mission.

> sorry marinelet you need to be this tall to be chapter master
The future?

It's an older model sir, but it checks out.

(Just drill the barrels and the smokestacks, it's basically fine and you can get it real cheap)

>manlets
When will they learn, that isn't even a chad-terminator.

Hey guysss i'm here...what'ss going on in thissss thread...?

Never ssskip leg day, brother...or arm day. Or any day for that matter...you need to get sswole as fuck is what i'm ssaying....

Melta would have supported it's overall profile better, given it a linebreaker role.

> no no user I'M 5'8", not 5'6"!!
When will they learn?

Do the arms on this one come on pegs like the ven dread? I need a few more chassis for my 10 dread list.

He clearly didn't skip shoulder and hand day.

The Night Lords dread should be her "cousin" (quotes included), or her co-worker, or her friend. Her brother being turbo-chad doesn't really mean much from a cuck perspective.

>shit taste

>hand day

Orks will be at a major disadvantage if they have to conquer a guard gun line to win. I played a 2000 point game last night guard vs orks and I only lost a quarter of my army while the orks got tabled. You probably want a game where the guard have to advance a fair bit to win. Maybe a battle over a objective in the middle of the table?

>dread knights aren't marinelets guys

REEE! STOP USING MY PEPES!

Isn't there a mission like that anyway? Defend the Relic or some shit? Just modify that. I don't have my book on me right now.

>Not doing a grip strength day where you carry weights suspended from towels held between your thumb and fingers

The black reach dreadnought's arm mounts are the same, but a slightly different size to the regular dread/ven dread.

Which is a shame, because short of converting or pinching the part from the space wolf kit it's the only way of getting multi-melta dreadnoughts.

>tfw gay knights will always be manlets

sounds more like crippling carpel tunnel gains day

I can make it so the battle just happened and the Orks are still advancing up so the guards have units scattered around the map or the guards are reinforments trying to protect the center of the map. Only guards can secure the objective while sm are only able to get the armour back.

Any idea how I can make it work fluff wise because I know sm would never pet their armour fall into the hands of the enemy.

I'd also have accepted a mortar or a quad laser.

Or you play on european boards

but you can grasp things so hard!

>Not just masturbating furiously for 9 hours to your Diasnettes /Keeper of secrets and calling it hand day

For Guard a balanced list will trump anything else you'd do (well sans-russes, artilery or hellhounds do their job better, and maybe just taking nothing but FW vultures would also do pretty well), other armies do things differently, all the storm ravens and the minimum required other units is marines best build for instance.

Will gk get updated models?? When the fuck is the codex coming???

The pegs are a different size, but if you're willing to do permanent attachment it's a trivially easy conversion to do an arm swap. Mine has a forge world close combat arm.

You can buy multi-meltas from forge world user.

It's one of the first 4 codex releases, calm your tits you inpatient shitter.

Gibe leak now

Beating off isn't actually great for your grip strength.

>First xenos codex when

New Dreadknight

Posting again here, building a mechanicus list out of the following:

Vanguards
Infiltrators
Cawl
Dominus
Kastelans & a datasmith
Dragoons
Dunecrawlers

What should i add, if anything, to cover eventual weaknesses? I really think the khataphrons look ugly as sin and from what i hear they're not too essential.

Rate my list.
Tournament is primarily killpoints, No FW, max 2 detachments.

You are the person who was asking for an epub of AoS Skirmish two weeks before it was released, aren't you?

just field mass antiair from your onager thing and win

Guard armies are op and undercosted by anywhere from 10-30%.
On the other hand, those people are mongoloids who fell for shitty memes, so fuck what they have to say.

Then we'll call it 'Dick day'

I love the new dreads but why the fuck does nuGW have a hard-on for ""dynamic"" poses with the fucking arm and fingers hanging out like he's about to pull out a revolver out of his holster at high noon? Pic related.

>caring about ded gaems

10e, all xenos armies fit into one 40 page codex with a 5 page fluff booklet detailing how they die to conscripts.

I love shooting conscripts block with 66d3 hits with 3 Leviathan.
Long live the memes

>they release a codex for the shitty space manlet baby carrier subfaction instead of something actually interesting aka xenos

Hey man, AoS Skirmish was nearly good. Shame GW didn't write a campaign system for it that actually did what people want a campaign to do.

IS THIS BARREL PRE-DRILLED ?

Since Aoshitmar is dead, aos skirmish must be deader than dead

I hate those mid stride poses they look bizarre with marines in power armour, like they are about to fall over

>Since Aoshitmar is dead

Got anything to back that up or are you a WHFBtard that lost his thread?

Those are only killing like 36 points worth of models each.
And any smart player actually running memescripts would focus those 18" weapons down first

>whfb
deadest game

It was born dead because the campaign didn't supported exactly 2 players playing exactly 6 games played in a specific sequence with only the last game counting for anything.

No idea.
I wish they'd just pose all their models like they're in the middle of shooting or fighting, so i don't have a tabletop full of marines strutting around, tyranids doing a mating ritual, and necrons crab walking

You kill 110 conscripts per turn with this. so you render 3 full squad of conscript nearly useless per turn.
Only like 10 guys in the world would field more than 3x50 conscripts.
They also infiltrate thanks to Ravenguards :^)

I don't know, but I did make this.

> I clapped. I clapped when I saw it!

the thing is that 150 conscripts are fucking expensive.
I got my 2 leviathan from chinaman for like 18 each arms included.

>You kill 110 conscripts per turn with this.
How do you figure?

He's one of the resident shitposters, just ignore him.

You realize that there's a high probability it will be written by cruddace, right? Guy responsible for the last 2 tyranid codexes.

Why would you want to hasten the coming of something like that. The longer we wait the more likely he'll die.

>I want to WAAC so I buy illegal moulds from recasters
>I AM HELPING THIS BUSINESS! JUST LIKE WHEN I PIRATE MY VIDYA JAMES

Don't reply.

each leviathan vs 50 conscript
each 50pts grab flux does d3 + 10d3 hits
so 11d3 hits per arms so on average 22 shots per arm
Bs2+ means 18.3333 hits and S9 Ap-5 means approx 15.21 conscripts killed per arms.

3 leviathans means 6 arms

In my local area AoS is pretty fucking dead. Barely anyone ever plays it. The bigger question is whether or not it is more dead than WHFB was before AoS came out, because nobody played that shit at all. I do not know how representative this is of things in general.

supersized pop? more like supersized poop! :DDDDDDDDDD

Buying bad quality stuff instead of chinaman is rather dumb.

If we go on actual stats, WHFB didn't get into Top 5 for wargame sales. AoS is currently 4th. So, AoS is doing better than WHFB. That's just facts. In my area? It's played way more than WHFB ever was. But 40k is still king. Though I've not been since 8th, so who knows.

"your crush" should be an eldar wraith

Which chinaman and how long did your order take? I need some things and don't know which chinaman is currently clearing orders at a decent rate.

Why is this unit so good?
27D3 attacks when charging!

not him but just order on miranda irene.
its more expensive but the stuff comes within 2 weeks and is always 10/10

>GW makes moulds
>LOL IMMA GONNA BUY FROM LE CHINKY MAN
>GW makes moulds for factions which sell despite people like you buying from illegal sellers
>OMG WHY IS GW SUPPORTING X FACTION MORE THAN MINE? :(((( FUCKING GW!!!

Which is, once again, the same logic that /v/ uses by saying they're 'helping' the industry by not buying X game because 'it's shit', forgetting normies buy it and encourage them to make more of it.

If you're buying shit to practice on or convert, fine. But buying your main army from china is literally detrimental to your faction as GW don't see it getting sales. It's the SoB Paradox. People don't buy SoB because it's crap and overexpensive, so GW doesn't think it sells, so GW doesn't update them, so people don't buy them.

>Bs2+ means 18.3333 hits
They take -1 to hit from moving and shooting heavy weapons.
Conscripts outrange them, so they pretty much have to.

>and S9 Ap-5 means approx 15.21 conscripts killed per arms.
So taking that into account, you're looking at about 12.

And the very next round after you shoot, they ARE going to charge you, since your 270 point models can't run from melee and shoot.

they are basically berzerkers for imperium, almost exactly the same killyness
they are great though

>no babycarrier
Missed opportunity.

>WHF didn't got to top sales
Ok you have no idea what you are talking about.

6th WHF kept GW running, then GW decided it was a good idea to shoot themselves, then blame the consumers about the bleeding.

no need to move Ravenguard makes me infiltrate.
You think i cannot kill the last 3x12 conscript with THE WHOLE REST OF THE ARMY ?
Its 3 leviathan, not the whole army bro

couldnt he just like, get anything else to shoot at the scraps left ?
Even tacticals should do it.

I need some hyper specific shit. I know I can get it from Z or CCON but Z is sometimes processing orders very slowly and there seems to be something up with CCONs site.

WHFB wasn't even in Top 5 in 2013, user.

Buying from china sure is detrimental to Space Marines...