How does your PC get along with his/her family?

How does your PC get along with his/her family?

don't know
but how would a character with a living hat work in a tabletop

I guess you could just fluff a eidolon summoner as one.

In any supers system it would be extra limbs, from the pic. Maybe like a symbiote, powers but also disadvantages/flaws from having it attached to your head.

He visits their graves on a yearly basis to clean up, visit, set candles, stop his wife from reanimating, and leave flowers.

>Mom
Sends her letters whenever she find the time to write and a caravan to take the letter. Misses her a lot but know why she had to stay behind.

>Dad
Never wants to see the bastard again. She and her dad would probably end up in a fistfight if she did see him. Pretty sure he wouldn't win this time.

>Younger sister
Brought her with the caravan to the capital and managed to secure her a decent job as a scribe's apprentice. Often checks in in her whenever my character is in the capital.

wanting to have sex with your own father is NOT normal, electranon

The navigator's parents and siblings are all on other ships. She likes her grandma even if she does pick fights with other people. drink, and gamble.

The Astropath's parents are long dead. His more or less adopted kids are now grown up and an arch militant and rogue trader.

The burned out Eldar's parents are probably dead.

The chemist hates her parents because they beat her and abused her when she was little and then settled on neglect when they realized she WASN'T going to be a misting or mistborne. The hates her siblings because none of them game a damn. (they were all adults or near adults when she was born)
To make a long story short, her family is pretty much the reason she hates all nobles, and part of why she hates all non-nobles.

The CSM sorcerer doesn't remember his family most of the time.

The culinary spirit wants to free his siblings from the clutches of a demonic repo company and, while he doesn't like his creator god, would probably try to save him because he knows his siblings still love him and would miss him, even if he is an idiot and the whole situation is his fault.

The younger vampire was disowned by his mother when he was still alive. It hurt her a lot more than it did him. (but honestly cutting him off and focusing her energy on supporting her other kids was the most responsible thing to do)

The older vampire disagreed with his parents and siblings on a lot of things because he was a hippy and they were straitlaced, but they loved eachother. By the age he was embraced though his parents were dead of old age.

The war forged noble (spent +200 years as a nanny and bodyguard for generations of the household and the last living member left him the estate and name on his deathbed) didn't have parents. He made sure his staff and household had backup plans and resources before he fled the country to avoid the rising human supremacist movement.

The mob enforcer was estranged from his family because of his line of work.

Not very well, her family distances themselves from her because she's proven to be a slightly unstable, self harming girl obsessed with the occult who cut out her eye because she thought she could make a potion. This causes issues because they're mildly important people in the town and they worry her crazy actions will give them a bad name.

Not sure where Dad went...
Mom's pretty well taken care of. She would rather I come home more often, but knows my exploits are both necessary and beneficial to the family.
My small menagerie of siblings either view me as cool older brother who has cool stories, or barely recognize me.
Grandparents are post living. And harangue my mother about what a reprobate I am, just like my father (fantasy setting with active ancestor cults).
Aunt and Uncle see me as useful and best of all, disposable. They've got ambitions and are eager to see me help them fulfill them.
The cousins are a little creepy.
The Heir is basically the DM's attempt at a young Griffith or Octavian (from the Rome series).
The spare basically wants to become my character when he grows up... but is basically amoral and a spoiled brat.
The one they are brokering a marriage for basically wants me to rescue her from this loveless affair she is being sold into.
The one they sold to the priesthood is almost sane. She'll be dangerous when she is older.

No wife or kids yet.
Not likely to have an arranged marriage as I'm a bastard. But if my Renown continues to grow, that may change.

Their all dead, my allies are my family now.

>Trying super hard to resurrect real family though.

wut?

Ethnically dwarfish Genasi Monk never knew her deadbeat Marid dad and now that she's an adult she's definitely very sympathetic towards her mom being distanced from her 5'11 blue child. She's a Monk though, so she doesn't really hold any ill will or anything, because that's not productive. She'd like to meet her father, sure, but she doesn't wanna make that a "quest" or anything.

nice

The DM killed my family in the first session

My heretek was the son of two factory workers, and he's approaching 85. They died peaceful deaths.

My Lithuanian alchemist lost his wife (and possibly unborn son) to the Nazis. This gives him a lot in common with the Jewish Paladin. They're also both old, grumpy men.

My currently-paused guardsman loves his ma' and would try to write letters if he wasn't in bumfuck nowhere half the galaxy away and if she wasn't stuck in the Necromundan underhive. He can't remember his older brothers much and his pa died in the mines.

For real tho, what?

One of the resident deviants, canadian hapa girl who wants her white dad to bone her silly

My family were murdered by demons when I made my pact with a balor to free us from slavery. He promised to kill all the slavers, he did, but he killed the slaves too.

He misses them

>giving your characters families or anything they care about for the GM to hamfistedly take advantage of

lol

WIkus' family still lives in Transvaal. He left South Africa for London and the Neath not long after his wife passed way in child birth. He had a two brothers and three sisters, and while he does miss them, sending a letter up the Cumaean Canal to the surface world would be very expensive and WIkus doesn't really have money for that. The closest thing to family that he has in London is an orphan boy that works for him on his ship and they mostly dislike each other.

I'd say pretty well despite them no longer being together.

His father left the day he was born (Human king that fancied an Elven bard that was singing for a ball), so he spent his time with his mum. She had an illness that was eating at her system, so her time was going to end within the years. Everyday she would sit my character down and have him listen to her song in hopes that it would reach his heart (in a good way). Every time he had listened to it, he would cry from how sad it was. He never understood why she played the same song until he finally cried tears of joy, the song was beautiful to him. The only thing she told him was this;"Whenever you try to share your music, perform as if this was the last thing anyone would hear from you. Play as if the person you loved most's final memory was your song." The next day, she passed away.

Now when he can, he'll play the same song to the party when they rest in hopes that he can move them with her words. Being an adventurer, you never know when your time will end, and he's finally started to care for his party members. He obviously can't talk or spend time with his mum, but he believes she is sitting by him whenever he pulls out his dulcimer.

>stop his wife from reanimating
that must be fun

She never knew her family. She was born into slavery for a book/art counterfeiting group. She was raised by another slave and on the books she translated. She escaped one night and now one of her goals is to return when she's stronger and has social clout and ask her former owners about her parents. But there are more pressing matters and this has had to take a backseat to immediate stuff.

She has a father, whom she deeply respected and adored. Her father was always right, was the most wise man in the world, and she should always do as he says. And he loved her back - she was his favourite child, clever and obedient.
A few in game years later, she is now one of the most powerful clerics in the world, lives of thousands of people depend on her decisions, and she made enemies amongst gods.

And her father still lives, in a mansion built for her gold. He doesn't understand how his daughter ended up in his mess, and why she's absent from home for months, risking her life for this strange, foreign god, whose name he can't even pronounce, instead of settling down, marrying and living a quiet life.
Meanwhile, she does her best to keep her father rich, safe and content, but more out of obligation than out of love. Her ambitions grow every day, and sometimes, when you're busy overthrowing kings, it's hard to remember about some old man living far, far away.

Long-term plan to bring her dead husband back to life using his underwear, their son is being raised by an old retired adventurer

Mother died in childbirth, father unknown. Raised by Grandmother, who died after the PC graduated from medical school as a pharmacist in Cairo. No (known) live siblings.

Sired as a vampire (Setite) while in his mid-fifties by Nactanebo III, the last native Pharaoh of Egypt. Sire in torpor. Two "sibling" childer, both older, locations unknown. Doesn't get along well with his sibling childer, when they are around: too much back-biting (nyuk nyuk nyuk).